M1025 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M1025 Game Thread

#2261 Post by Chaqa » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:41 am

I want mafia where we skip all the talking and the whole thing is just voting.

Like... maybe you can only cast one vote, and no other posts, so it's just voting and reactionary and thinking.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2262 Post by pyxxy » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:45 am

Chaqa wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:41 am

Like... maybe you can only cast one vote, and no other posts, so it's just voting and reactionary and thinking.
I believe this is called a "turbo"

brainbomb

#2263 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:47 am

pyxxy wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:45 am
Chaqa wrote:

no that would be called the military industrial complex budget hearings

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2264 Post by pyxxy » Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:50 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:47 am
pyxxy wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:45 am
Chaqa wrote:

no that would be called the military industrial complex budget hearings
ew gross this is mafia setup analysis and speculation, the only thing worse than night kill analysis

Jamiet99uk

#2265 Post by Jamiet99uk » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:02 am

Foxcastle wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:05 pm
DAY 2 FINAL VOTE COUNT

ghug (5): Chaqa, President Eden, BunnyGo, bozotheclown, pyxxy
bozotheclown (3): Bonatogether, Jamiet99uk, ghug
BunnyGo (2): Fluminator, damo666
damo666 (1): brainbomb

Paul and Prue survey the biscuit architecture before them.

"For today's Showstopper Challenge, we wanted you to construct a landmark from biscuit," Paul says. "It's a real challenge to find a dough that's sturdy enough to build with but also tastes great."

One by one, the bakers bring their creations up: a somewhat messy but very tasty Tower of London, two Stonehenges, a disaster of a Tower Bridge, an excellent Tower of London, and a Giant's Causeway made of stacked biscuits that are possibly harder than the actual basalt columns.

"I'm so pleased that many of the bakers have chosen to do local landmarks," Prue says. "Here comes one now. Tell us about your creation."

"Well," the baker says, "I went to Durham University, and I always just loved the cathedral there, so I decided to memorialize it in shortbread, and the roof is gingerbread, and I did a rose window with melted hard candies."

Paul considers the construction for a moment. "You know, it looks nice. Very neat, good color on the shortbread and gingerbread. But I was just in Durham recently, and I must say, there's something off about this."

"You know, you're right, Paul," Prue adds, stepping closer and taking a closer look,

"It's almost as if they'd never actually been to Durham Cathedral, but only seen pictures of it."

The baker scoffs, "It's not like I had architectural drawings to work from! But I did live there for several years!"

"Well, isn't that the thing," Prue continues, "You say you went to Durham, but how can we really know?"

The contestant sputters, "I lived in Crossgate! I attended the university!"

Paul picks up a rolling pin—not one of those lighter, tapered French rolling pins. A solid cylinder of hardwood at least 18 inches long.

"You could have just looked that up on Google maps," Paul says.

"I have photos of me all over Durham!"

"It's almost too easy to photoshop things these days," Prue says regretfully.

Paul tests the weight of the rolling pin, adjusting his grip. "Why don't you just tell us the truth."

The contestant looks back and forth at Paul and Prue, confusion written on his face. But then he slowly smiles.

"Well, ain't y'all just a coupla smartypants. I am from Durham, though. Durham, North Carolina! And even if ya caught me, you ain't never gonna catch my friends. No siree, we're gonna smoke you Brits like we do barbecue back home. So 'scuse me for saying so, Miss Prue, but you ain't got a chance in hell of keepin' hold of that trophy cake stand."

"That's Dame Prue to you!" Prue snatches the rolling pin out of Paul's hand and delivers a vicious backhand stroke.

GHUG HAS DIED. He was Chad Maynard, a Mafia Goon!
Just FWIW as someone who lives in Durham, this is an amazing level of detail. Quite fantastic.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Bonatogether

#2266 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:04 am

pyxxy wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:25 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:02 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:58 pm

oh no I'm not trying to say that saving bozo was a priority, although I do kinda see why my posts might be confusing in that regard

I meant it more like, look how easy this is for me, the top two wagons keep being one of my scumreads/scumleans vs. someone I townread, lol, EzClap
true! very easy.

that doesn't make sense to me though, again, because you repeatedly flip flopped to be on different wagons. i can't figure what you were thinking. it seems to me that you didn't really care who died? because if you scumread bogno more or were reading bugno and ghug about the same, i'd figure you'd stay on bongo in order to get that more likely kill, but if you scumread ghug more, you'd stay on him more. instead you flip flopped with the end result of ending off ghug right until ghug was about to be announced dead.

what's the deal?
I think you kinda answered your own question: I scumread both, so I didn't really care which died

when I realized that I had forgotten about the game I refreshed the bot first so I could see the vote counts and then immediately voted ghug since I knew time was short and I didn't want there to be a late switch to bozo or a tie

I tabbed away after trying to restart the ghug wagon but then like I said in my return to voting bunny post, I realized that left bozo tied with bunny and damo and so the math is easy, vote for the wagon that is my scumread and put it in first place so that we hopefully don't chop bozo

this section:
00:15 pyx ghu➙Bun 4 Bun 3 dam 3 boz 1 ghu
ghug wagon felt dead in thread, moved to my other scumread bunny

00:10 pyx Bun➙ghu 3 dam 3 Bun 3 boz 2 ghu
five minutes have passed, maybe the ghug wagon will restart

00:09 pyx ghu➙Bun 4 Bun 3 dam 3 boz 1 ghu
refreshed the bot, saw that maybe I was putting bozo at risk, no one had joined me in the thread anyway, so back to bunny

00:02 pyx Bun➙ghu 5 ghu 3 boz 2 Bun 1 dam
remembered that it's EOD, refresh bot, see votecounts, immediately vote ghug to avoid a tie/late flash onto bozo

I guess I could have tried to get people off of ghug and onto bunny but like, they're both my scumreads so I didn't really care, like you've noticed
i'm bad at reading, so hope you don't mind me asking

if you don't care who dies, why move? this does not compute to me. just let the third wagon die and ride your first wagon

i wasn't around at eod but ghug wagon didn't feel dead by eod standards - there were people talking about it and while it didn't have votes, it certainly felt like it had momentum (which it ultimately did)

this entire thing doesn't feel real

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2267 Post by pyxxy » Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:33 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:04 am
pyxxy wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 11:02 pm

true! very easy.

that doesn't make sense to me though, again, because you repeatedly flip flopped to be on different wagons. i can't figure what you were thinking. it seems to me that you didn't really care who died? because if you scumread bogno more or were reading bugno and ghug about the same, i'd figure you'd stay on bongo in order to get that more likely kill, but if you scumread ghug more, you'd stay on him more. instead you flip flopped with the end result of ending off ghug right until ghug was about to be announced dead.

what's the deal?
I think you kinda answered your own question: I scumread both, so I didn't really care which died

when I realized that I had forgotten about the game I refreshed the bot first so I could see the vote counts and then immediately voted ghug since I knew time was short and I didn't want there to be a late switch to bozo or a tie

I tabbed away after trying to restart the ghug wagon but then like I said in my return to voting bunny post, I realized that left bozo tied with bunny and damo and so the math is easy, vote for the wagon that is my scumread and put it in first place so that we hopefully don't chop bozo

this section:

refreshed the bot, saw that maybe I was putting bozo at risk, no one had joined me in the thread anyway, so back to bunny

remembered that it's EOD, refresh bot, see votecounts, immediately vote ghug to avoid a tie/late flash onto bozo

I guess I could have tried to get people off of ghug and onto bunny but like, they're both my scumreads so I didn't really care, like you've noticed

if you don't care who dies, why move? this does not compute to me. just let the third wagon die and ride your first wagon

i wasn't around at eod but ghug wagon didn't feel dead by eod standards - there were people talking about it and while it didn't have votes, it certainly felt like it had momentum (which it ultimately did)

you're good, this has gone on long enough that I don't really see a clear scum motivation for you continuing to ask me about this, besides maybe just wanting to look active, so I don't mind

idk what I can really add though

I did care who died, because I wanted one of ghug and bunny to die, and I didn't want bozo to die, and when I refreshed the bot ghug was only leading by one vote and if I want to try to guarantee that one of my scumreads dies + my townread does not die, then ghug dies

with 2 minutes left I think it was pretty reasonable that I wasn't sure if someone might switch to bozo?

kinda the same blah answer here for your second question, it felt dead to me after Eden left it

like I'm going through EOD again and Eden has the same sentiment as me when moving back to ghug
President Eden wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:53 pm
yea sure

hope this doesn't risk you bozo

##vote ghug
maybe we just disagree about votes vs momentum, people talk about much more than they vote, and I wasn't seeing the votes + when I had my little minute on ghug, nobody moved with me, so, *shrug*

maybe we also aren't on that same page about what "care" means but I just don't know what else to clarify

Bonatogether

#2268 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:23 am

pyxxy wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:33 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:04 am
pyxxy wrote:

this section:

you're good, this has gone on long enough that I don't really see a clear scum motivation for you continuing to ask me about this, besides maybe just wanting to look active, so I don't mind

idk what I can really add though

I did care who died, because I wanted one of ghug and bunny to die, and I didn't want bozo to die, and when I refreshed the bot ghug was only leading by one vote and if I want to try to guarantee that one of my scumreads dies + my townread does not die, then ghug dies

with 2 minutes left I think it was pretty reasonable that I wasn't sure if someone might switch to bozo?

kinda the same blah answer here for your second question, it felt dead to me after Eden left it

like I'm going through EOD again and Eden has the same sentiment as me when moving back to ghug
President Eden wrote:
Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:53 pm
yea sure

hope this doesn't risk you bozo

##vote ghug
maybe we just disagree about votes vs momentum, people talk about much more than they vote, and I wasn't seeing the votes + when I had my little minute on ghug, nobody moved with me, so, *shrug*

maybe we also aren't on that same page about what "care" means but I just don't know what else to clarify
true! i am excellent. the best, even

you are adding to my enjoyment of the game

i'm too lazy to respond in full but i can clarify that i scumread you

thank you for your time

brainbomb

#2269 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:24 am

sup bona

Bonatogether

#2270 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:28 am

hi brain

President Eden

#2271 Post by President Eden » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:29 am

bona 8-)

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2272 Post by pyxxy » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:40 am

lmao senioritis bona too powerful

Bonatogether

#2273 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:50 am

President Eden wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:29 am
bona 8-)
good bye eden

President Eden

#2274 Post by President Eden » Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:51 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:50 am
President Eden wrote:
bona 8-)
good bye eden
oh come on, you can't convince damo to shoot someone else tonight?

Bonatogether

#2275 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:00 am

President Eden wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:51 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:50 am
President Eden wrote:
bona 8-)
good bye eden
oh come on, you can't convince damo to shoot someone else tonight?
i am the nightkill

President Eden

#2276 Post by President Eden » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:10 am

kek double u

President Eden

#2277 Post by President Eden » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:11 am

scum is actually throwing if it's not chaquille oneal

brainbomb

#2278 Post by brainbomb » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:12 am

ive got my gilette and my king james go.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2279 Post by pyxxy » Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:26 am

brainbomb wrote:
Sun Jun 04, 2023 4:12 am
ive got my gilette and my king james go.
o king brain

yea or nay on chopping damo tomorrow

Fluminator

#2280 Post by Fluminator » Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:23 am

I'll reset my reads and reanalyze tomorrow. I was probably pretty far off or ghug would have been more active in jumping on my wagon.
I think bozo is probably pretty clear town at this point? There's probably a solid poe to work off tomorrow.