M1025 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M1025 Game Thread

#201 Post by ghug » Wed May 31, 2023 9:02 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:00 pm
consider me like, dumb and the like
🫡

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#202 Post by pyxxy » Wed May 31, 2023 9:02 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 8:58 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 8:52 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 8:51 pm

I dislike logic like this because players 1-7 are almost always going to be in the top half of posting.
wh…

yes… the top half of posters are in the top half of posting…???

I’m just gonna assume I’m the dummy missing something here
1. There aren't 14 players in this game, you know. So the top 7 are more than the top half, but:

2. That isn't the point anyway. The point is that people like me, Ghug, Brainbomb, Bona etc are high posters as any alignment, so being high posters today is not indicative of anything.
I think maybe it's worth considering if the vibes are good though

I'll drop it soon though gotta get back to work and it's much more a thread feel read more than an activity read, that I do want to emphasize, not saying you said otherwise just for the general crowd

t h e v i b e s

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#203 Post by ghug » Wed May 31, 2023 9:06 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:02 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
President Eden wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 8:52 pm

wh…

yes… the top half of posters are in the top half of posting…???

I’m just gonna assume I’m the dummy missing something here
1. There aren't 14 players in this game, you know. So the top 7 are more than the top half, but:

2. That isn't the point anyway. The point is that people like me, Ghug, Brainbomb, Bona etc are high posters as any alignment, so being high posters today is not indicative of anything.

I'll drop it soon though gotta get back to work and it's much more a thread feel read more than an activity read, that I do want to emphasize, not saying you said otherwise just for the general crowd

t h e v i b e s
So your real argument is you like everyone so far which means scum are lowposting?

What's making the vibes good in your mind?

President Eden

#204 Post by President Eden » Wed May 31, 2023 9:11 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:01 pm
President Eden wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 8:49 pm
gonna assume eden; that your chaqa read is based on how well you know him?
Kinda. He’s handing out townreads more freely than I expect he would as mafia here. Obviously you can just walk back a townread later if it’s inconvenient, but the thread environment is such that he could just not hand out townreads and instead coast and not be overly suspicious.

Which as I say that actually strengthens my feeling a bit lol
Does the validity of his townreads or the accuracy of those townreads influence your read in any way?
Mostly no, because it’s more about his incentives as scum and the way he solves as town. Chaqa is open about the fact that he basically scumhunts by POE and doesn’t put much stock in more conventional means of hunting. Meanwhile when he’s scum he tends to coast and remain as noncommittal as possible about reads to keep his miskill options open. He can walk back a townread as scum if it’s inconvenient obviously, but that creates needless risk of exposure. So when he’s handing out townreads early that’s at least slightly town indicative to me.

On further reflection I guess he’s only handed out one “read” though not multiple. (I thought he was replying to someone else besides bozo here.)

President Eden

#205 Post by President Eden » Wed May 31, 2023 9:12 pm

I actually think the vibes are a little too good, in that there’s not enough conflict to make people commit to real positions.

Far be it from me to be the fun police though

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#206 Post by ghug » Wed May 31, 2023 9:18 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:12 pm
I actually think the vibes are a little too good, in that there’s not enough conflict to make people commit to real positions.

Does ghug/bozo not count?

President Eden

#207 Post by President Eden » Wed May 31, 2023 9:21 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:18 pm
President Eden wrote:

Sort of? I don’t really think it’s out of either of your ranges.

It’s no Xcution/s&c or worcej/Bunny or me/brainbomb from last game

brainbomb

#208 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 31, 2023 9:22 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:11 pm
brainbomb wrote:
President Eden wrote:

Kinda. He’s handing out townreads more freely than I expect he would as mafia here. Obviously you can just walk back a townread later if it’s inconvenient, but the thread environment is such that he could just not hand out townreads and instead coast and not be overly suspicious.

Which as I say that actually strengthens my feeling a bit lol
Does the validity of his townreads or the accuracy of those townreads influence your read in any way?
Mostly no, because it’s more about his incentives as scum and the way he solves as town. Chaqa is open about the fact that he basically scumhunts by POE and doesn’t put much stock in more conventional means of hunting. Meanwhile when he’s scum he tends to coast and remain as noncommittal as possible about reads to keep his miskill options open. He can walk back a townread as scum if it’s inconvenient obviously, but that creates needless risk of exposure. So when he’s handing out townreads early that’s at least slightly town indicative to me.

On further reflection I guess he’s only handed out one “read” though not multiple. (I thought he was replying to someone else besides bozo here.)
I question how you could locktown someone based on this event sequence

-chaqa posts read list leaving eden off
-bozo quotes post and votes eden
-brainbomb questions bozo quoting said post
-bozo actually backs up the decision now saying he thinks chaqa could do that as a scum ploy being scum with eden
-chaqa returns to game thread- bozo is now voting ghug
-chaqa locks bozo in as town

It does not seem like any actual reason is there to justify townreading bozo based on that. I think it seems like he (bozo) did this because it looks like something he can pass off as a valid reason

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#209 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 31, 2023 9:23 pm

Hello fellow British bakers and some evil disguised ones.

It was a short read to catch up and this is good.

Some random comments:

Strongly townread Jamiet, seems relieved after last game.

In the Bozo x Ghug I think that both are likely town.

I dislike pixxy post about stats it looks serious as if he is doing something but it's just filler.

brainbomb

#210 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 31, 2023 9:24 pm

The reason bozo gave for voting Eden feels like it was invented after actually doing it.

brainbomb

#211 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 31, 2023 9:26 pm

##Vote Bozo

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#212 Post by pyxxy » Wed May 31, 2023 9:28 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:06 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Jamiet99uk wrote:

t h e v i b e s
So your real argument is you like everyone so far which means scum are lowposting?

*gestures at the thread so far*

the vibes are good idk what to tell you

this is like hard scifi or when people ask where the Spark for mtg planeswalkers comes from

at some point you just gotta smack the physicists until they stop the nonsense and teach that quarks are the smallest unit of matter

President Eden

#213 Post by President Eden » Wed May 31, 2023 9:30 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:22 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:11 pm
brainbomb wrote:

I question how you could locktown someone based on this event sequence

-chaqa posts read list leaving eden off
-bozo quotes post and votes eden
-brainbomb questions bozo quoting said post
-bozo actually backs up the decision now saying he thinks chaqa could do that as a scum ploy being scum with eden
-chaqa returns to game thread- bozo is now voting ghug
-chaqa locks bozo in as town

It does not seem like any actual reason is there to justify townreading bozo based on that. I think it seems like he (bozo) did this because it looks like something he can pass off as a valid reason
Yeah I don’t buy the read itself, but I buy that Chaqa means it, if that makes sense.

You are giving me reason to reconsider the townlean I have on bozo though. I realize I’m probably giving him a wider berth than logically makes sense because I was very confidently 100% wrong about him D1 last time.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#214 Post by pyxxy » Wed May 31, 2023 9:31 pm

President Eden wrote:

right

this is what I'm asking

maybe I'm just bad at solving (true) but I feel like the vibes can be a clue

last game: bad vibes, bunny PR hunted worcej (confirmed in scum chat post-game/post-death)

this game: good vibes, bordering on great, a good sprinkling of conflict but nothing vicious. maybe a better framing is it feels like we've maybe very quickly moved past RVS or at least opening posting into making connections and alignment content

almost wrote AI content but I honestly can't stand chatGPT posts and I will never interact with them -> not trying to summon them -> yes I know I'm writing all this

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#215 Post by pyxxy » Wed May 31, 2023 9:32 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:23 pm
Hello fellow British bakers and some evil disguised ones.

It was a short read to catch up and this is good.

Some random comments:

Strongly townread Jamiet, seems relieved after last game.

In the Bozo x Ghug I think that both are likely town.

I dislike pixxy post about stats it looks serious as if he is doing something but it's just filler.
never did clean up those legos did you

President Eden

#216 Post by President Eden » Wed May 31, 2023 9:33 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:31 pm
President Eden wrote:

right

this is what I'm asking

last game: bad vibes, bunny PR hunted worcej (confirmed in scum chat post-game/post-death)

this game: good vibes, bordering on great, a good sprinkling of conflict but nothing vicious. maybe a better framing is it feels like we've maybe very quickly moved past RVS or at least opening posting into making connections and alignment content

almost wrote AI content but I honestly can't stand chatGPT posts and I will never interact with them -> not trying to summon them -> yes I know I'm writing all this
yea I agree with that

I think that’s actually what caught my attention about Jamie’s flavor enjoyment. It felt very RVS when the thread moved past RVS at uncharacteristically quick pace. But it’s such a minor thing.

Who jumps out at you as having moved the game past RVS at this faster pace?

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#217 Post by pyxxy » Wed May 31, 2023 9:40 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:33 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:31 pm
President Eden wrote:

right

this is what I'm asking

yea I agree with that

I think that’s actually what caught my attention about Jamie’s flavor enjoyment. It felt very RVS when the thread moved past RVS at uncharacteristically quick pace. But it’s such a minor thing.

Who jumps out at you as having moved the game past RVS at this faster pace?
brain, ghug, yourself, jamie

1st place medal probably to brainbomb

President Eden

#218 Post by President Eden » Wed May 31, 2023 9:48 pm

interessant

I wouldn’t put myself in that list actually! but I agree with brain and ghug certainly. I think bozo belongs there too.

wait you just took the top 4 posters :rage: you almost got me

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#219 Post by ghug » Wed May 31, 2023 9:49 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:21 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:18 pm
President Eden wrote:

Sort of? I don’t really think it’s out of either of your ranges.

It’s no Xcution/s&c or worcej/Bunny or me/brainbomb from last game
Hate to tell you but Bunny and X were both scum.

I don't disagree that it's within our ranges but it's certainly of note.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#220 Post by ghug » Wed May 31, 2023 9:50 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:28 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:06 pm
pyxxy wrote:

t h e v i b e s

*gestures at the thread so far*

the vibes are good idk what to tell you

this is like hard scifi or when people ask where the Spark for mtg planeswalkers comes from

at some point you just gotta smack the physicists until they stop the nonsense and teach that quarks are the smallest unit of matter
If it's just a "things feel happy" thing, why does that have any bearing on alignments?