M1025 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Foxcastle

M1025 Game Thread

#1 Post by Foxcastle » Tue May 30, 2023 8:33 pm

MAFIA 1025

GM: Foxcastle

Game will begin at 9AM ET / 6AM PT / 2PM GMT on Wednesday, May 31.

Phases are DIFFERENT: 32 hour days and 16 hour nights.
Day phase will always end at 5PM ET / 2PM PT / 10PM GMT.
Night phases will always end at 9AM ET / 6AM PT / 2PM GMT.

I will be reiterating this a lot because it's different and I don't want anyone to get caught out by it.

Rules

Standard Rules apply.

Hammering (voting ##END to end the day early) is permitted, but everyone must cease posting once they realize a hammer has occurred, and must remain quiet until the GMs resolve the phase. See the rules doc for more info on how a Hammer is triggered.

+1s are fine.

Setup & Role Descriptions

13 players

10 town:
- 1 doctor
- 9 vanilla town

3 mafia:
- 1 roleblocker
- 2 mafia goons

Mafia have a night chat and a factional night kill. Mafia are encouraged to come to an agreement on a night kill target by consensus, but in any case, the GM will carry out the most recent order submitted up to the deadline.

Doctor: "You are the doctor. Each night, you may choose a player (including yourself) by PM'ing the GM (both Discord and WebDip are fine). If that player is targeted for the mafia kill, you will save their life. Both you and your target will be notified that the save was successful. If your target is not targeted for the mafia's night kill, neither of you will receive a message. Each day, you must vote. You win when all mafia have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from happening."

Vanilla Town: "You are vanilla town. Each day, you must vote. You win when all mafia have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from happening."

Mafia Roleblocker: "You are the mafia roleblocker. At night, you may communicate with your fellow mafia in a night chat. Each night, you may target another player by PM'ing the GM (both Discord and WebDip are fine, or you can note in the night chat). Any night action by that player will fail and they will be notified that they were roleblocked. Each day, you must vote. You win when all town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from happening."

Mafia Goon: "You are a mafia goon. At night, you may communicate with your fellow mafia in a night chat. You win when all town have been eliminated or nothing can prevent this from happening."

While it is fine for players to contact me either on Discord or through WebDip PMs, all notifications from the GM for night actions will come through WebDip.

All role PMs will arrive in the following format:
Subject: M1025 Role PM

ROLE NAME. Please see the initial post in the game thread for role description.

(If mafia) X and Y are your teammates. Please join the M1025 discord to access the Mafia night chat.

GAME START: 9AM ET / 6AM PT / 2PM GMT on Wednesday, May 31.

Please remember that the day phases are only 32 hours and will always end at 5PM ET / 2PM PT / 10PM GMT, night phases are 16 hours.
Role PMs will go out tonight.

Player List
Bonatogether
bozo
brainbomb
BunnyGo
Chaqa
damo666
Eden
fluminator
ghuggles
Jamiet99uk
pyxxy
rdrivera2005
worcej

GAME HAS NOT STARTED, DO NOT POST

Foxcastle

Re: M1025 Game Thread

#2 Post by Foxcastle » Tue May 30, 2023 8:56 pm

Role PMs have been sent.

Please continue to not post until game start.

Foxcastle

#3 Post by Foxcastle » Tue May 30, 2023 9:40 pm

Errata:

There is a slight discrepancy between what was sent to town players and what was posted above. By mistake, town players did not receive the line from the example role PM about the start time.

Town actually received:

ROLE NAME. Please see the initial post in the game thread for role description.

Please remember that the day phases are only 32 hours and will always end at 5PM ET / 2PM PT / 10PM GMT, night phases are 16 hours.
Also, two of the Mafia PMs got cut off in the first line and they received:

ROLE NAME. Please see the initial post in the game thread for

(If mafia) X and Y are your teammates. Please join the M1025 discord to access the Mafia night chat.

GAME START: 9AM ET / 6AM PT / 2PM GMT on Wednesday, May 31.

Apologies for the crap massmailing job.

In any case, please do not try to use role PMs to solve the game.

Foxcastle

#4 Post by Foxcastle » Wed May 31, 2023 1:00 pm

Welcome, to the Great British Baking Show!

In a perfectly manicured field at an elegant English country estate sits a pristine white tent festooned with Union Jacks.

Dame Prue Leith is searching urgently for her cohost. Her garish jewelry is artificially bright, as out of place in this pastoral setting as tropical flavor Skittles in on a fresh fruit tart.

She finally finds Paul Hollywood behind the tent, admiring himself in the reflection of a polished copper sauce pan.

"Paul! We've got a terrible problem!"

"It's a beautiful day and we've got the best bakers in Britain ready to show us what they've got, Prue. What could possibly be wrong?"

"Americans, Paul! It's the Americans!"

"Oh Prue, they're not that bad. I've come to quite like many Americans, actually."

"No, Paul, you don't understand. There are Americans here, in the competition!"

Paul drops the saucepan with a gasp. "What!? Impossible!"

"It's true, I'm afraid. I've just learned that three Americans have infiltrated the contestant pool in disguise. Paul, we simply cannot allow that treasured cake stand to fall into the hands of an American."

Paul considers. "We'll just have to expose them. Give them challenges that only a truly British baker could win. Bakewell tarts, Eton messes, Banoffee pies..."

"It's too risky, Paul!"

"What else can we do? Confront them?"

"Good lord, Paul! One doesn't become a Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire by going about confronting people! You're right, we'll just have to weed them out in the competition. Surely there's no way an American can master all of our national desserts."

"Let's hope not, Prue. Let's hope not..."

On your marks. Get set! BAKE!

You may now post.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5 Post by Chaqa » Wed May 31, 2023 1:02 pm

Well if the GM says to get baked...

brainbomb

#6 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 31, 2023 1:02 pm

Good morning folks. I am on vacation in Minnesota enjoying time fishing and boating the lake. If I disappear for abnormal amounts of time this is why. I am here til Sunday.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#7 Post by Chaqa » Wed May 31, 2023 1:05 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 1:02 pm
Good morning folks. I am on vacation in Minnesota enjoying time fishing and boating the lake. If I disappear for abnormal amounts of time this is why. I am here til Sunday.
I've always wanted to visit Minnesota. There's a really good cycling culture around the Twin Cities and that's in the heart of board game/tabletop country too.

How's your trip going?

brainbomb

#8 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 31, 2023 1:09 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 1:05 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 1:02 pm
I've always wanted to visit Minnesota. There's a really good cycling culture around the Twin Cities and that's in the heart of board game/tabletop country too.

How's your trip going?
Its been fun. I caught a 17 inch largemouth bass the other day and then my wife caught one about the same size last night. had one unfortunate incident where my dog got into a lure and hooked herself through the side of her mouth. So that was a horrific start to yesterday. Found a vet, and got her fixed up but it created a ton of chaos. shes good now however.

brainbomb

#9 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 31, 2023 1:16 pm

So I asked a more specific version of this question last game about pyxxy, rdrivera, bozo and damo but this time ill ask a much broader more open ended thing to help me. Who are the players that game after game you find yourself saying are Town Assets? Which players do you feel most strongly about when seeing their posts; that you are able to say to yourself: yea thats my top town?

Jamiet99uk

#10 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 31, 2023 1:26 pm

Good afternoon, Fellow British Bakers.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

BunnyGo

#11 Post by BunnyGo » Wed May 31, 2023 1:28 pm

Love the theme, Fox. But Mary Berry please…

Jamiet99uk

#12 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 31, 2023 1:54 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 1:16 pm
So I asked a more specific version of this question last game about pyxxy, rdrivera, bozo and damo but this time ill ask a much broader more open ended thing to help me. Who are the players that game after game you find yourself saying are Town Assets? Which players do you feel most strongly about when seeing their posts; that you are able to say to yourself: yea thats my top town?
Hello Bozo! Survey time, is it?

I assume you mean "when they are town"? Or do you mean, players we inadvertently consider Town Assets even when they are actually scum?

That is, do you want us all to list:

a) People who we always think are great town (even when not),
or
b) People who we'd always want on our town team with us?
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#13 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 31, 2023 1:57 pm

Perhaps as a bit of flavoursome fun, we should all declare which particular cake, pie, tart, pastry, biscuit or dessert we are baking each day?

Fluminator

#14 Post by Fluminator » Wed May 31, 2023 1:58 pm

I will townread the first seagull to appear.
I'm skipping the shitposting phase this time. See you tomorrow

brainbomb

#15 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 31, 2023 1:59 pm

Dear Jamie,
-I’m not bozo
- I do mean when they are town
- I do not mean players you inadvertantly read as town who turn out to be scum as that would demonstrate a totally counter intuitive reason to trust your judgement on the topic
- I dont need a list but maybe talk about one or two people you are able to identify as town regularly
-explain what it is that player does that makes them easy to understand
-explain how your reasoning for townreading them often has been met with minimal misreads when applying your litmus

brainbomb

#16 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 31, 2023 2:01 pm

That being said if you prefer a discussion on whom you misread on a consistent basis that is also a good conversation starter.

Jamiet99uk

#17 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 31, 2023 2:04 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 1:59 pm
Dear Jamie,
-I’m not bozo
- I do mean when they are town
- I do not mean players you inadvertantly read as town who turn out to be scum as that would demonstrate a totally counter intuitive reason to trust your judgement on the topic
- I dont need a list but maybe talk about one or two people you are able to identify as town regularly
-explain what it is that player does that makes them easy to understand
-explain how your reasoning for townreading them often has been met with minimal misreads when applying your litmus
Ok thanks.

I would go for Tom Bombadil, BunnyGo, Worcej, and President Eden. They are usually assets to any town team on which they feature. President Eden did fool me as scum a while back but generally all of the above people are effortful and solvy as town and also usually have good judgement as PRs, although Worcej does have a tendency to out himself more than he should do. On that basis I would add Chaqa if he draws a PR, because he can usually conceal his PR status for a good while.

Once upon a time Balki and Bozo might have been on this list. However Balki rarely plays now and his last outing was unspectacular. Bozo is becoming less and less impactful over time and I fear his circuit boards are succumbing to thermo-mechanical fatigue.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#18 Post by Chaqa » Wed May 31, 2023 2:05 pm

brainbomb wrote:
In this game I'd highlight the following players:
Bonatogether
bozotheclown
brainbomb
BunnyGo
Chaqa
damo666
Fluminator
ghug
Jamiet99uk
pyxxy
rdrivera2005
worcej

Jamiet99uk

#19 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 31, 2023 2:05 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 2:01 pm
That being said if you prefer a discussion on whom you misread on a consistent basis that is also a good conversation starter.
Rdrivera is always very hard to read because he posts so little.
Bonatogether is always very hard to read because he posts such a lot.

Jamiet99uk

*CLOWN HORN*

#20 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 31, 2023 2:06 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 2:05 pm
brainbomb wrote:
In this game I'd highlight the following players:
Bonatogether
bozotheclown
brainbomb
BunnyGo
Chaqa
damo666
Fluminator
guak
Jamiet99uk
pyxxy
rdrivera2005
worcej
Amusing that you went to the effort of correcting everyone's names.