M80 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Kakarroto

Re: M80 Game Thread

#4781 Post by Kakarroto » Tue May 23, 2023 9:57 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 5:41 am
Foxcastle: Would like to see more content from them. So far their only contribution is nitpicking me a little. Maybe if I bus them we can get lots of content, just like last game (;

Xcution: For some reason I don't like their play so far, but that's unfair. They at least come across as trying to be town-solving, I'm just not sure whether they are being genuine or not.

Jamiet: Acting like Jamiet. But being Jamiet? That is the question. Seriously though, neutral read.

ghug: I want to see them through at least one full day and night. So if they are Town, you better not kill them, you dirty Royalists.

Kak: Seems genuinely town. A couple of small things stick out, but one specific detail: I feel like mentioning me being online and wanting me to post (but not in an accusatory way) is not a very Royalist thing to do. It just jumped out as a genuine invitation, which, psychologically speaking, feels out of place for a Royalist to do.

brainbomb: I'm holding them to their word that they are the pirate crew, since I "beat" them at chess.

Haze: Hardcore pocketer. Not that that makes them a Royalist, but I will be paying close attention to them.

President Eden: I like their play so far but I can't help but lean towards a scumread on them. I'm starting to think it has something to do with them being a lawyer. I hate that I'm feeling like I'm reacting irrationally about this. So please ignore this read for now, dear readers.

worcej: Despite being a prolific poster, nothing really interesting catches the eye. I eagerly await more input from them.

Bonatogether: Acting normal. Nothing of note. Probably won't get anything until D2.
if I'm right about brain and ghug, sweet really has a hidden knack for grouping people. Jamie might be mafia too so if so, holy hand shoe.

Also the bolded text looks like it could be just gloating. And the first thing about x is it would be 'unfair'.

but would mafSweet put two (maybe three) of his partners up onto the top?

I don't know anymore. Maybe I need a holiday or something to get my head clear.

worcej

#4782 Post by worcej » Tue May 23, 2023 10:50 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:50 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:41 am
So we know spy visited Haze N2. Any speculation on what they did? If role cop, then Haze was outed coming into D3.
It's either that or a track. Which presumably still confirmed him as PR if he watched someone.

@Worcej you should think about what scum knows with certainly about what happened last night and tell us all at some point later in the phase once we've all reacted enough.
I struggle to understand if you’re being serious or your normally sarcastic self.

worcej

#4783 Post by worcej » Tue May 23, 2023 10:51 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:58 am
Okay, I want to get mechs straight so there is one place with all claims in it:

N1
1. Brain jailed N1 (unverified)
2. Propagandist Fox shortened day.
3. Navigator worcej scans Fox.
4. Captain Haze rb ghug.

N2
1. Enforcer Strongman Quartermaster Eden.
2. Priest damo tracks Spy Xcution to Haze.
3. worcej jails President Eden.

N3
1. Haze shoots VT Bona.
2. worcej commutes damo.
3. damo Doctor worcej. (unverified).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, please correct me if I got anything wrong, or forgot anything. Of course there might be a couple things that Town has done that hasn't been reported. Feel free to keep that information to yourself if you think it's better that way.
All my actions in this list were what I did.

Navigator’s honor. 👮‍♂️

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4784 Post by ghug » Tue May 23, 2023 10:52 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 10:50 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 5:50 am
sweetandcool wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 4:41 am
So we know spy visited Haze N2. Any speculation on what they did? If role cop, then Haze was outed coming into D3.
It's either that or a track. Which presumably still confirmed him as PR if he watched someone.

@Worcej you should think about what scum knows with certainly about what happened last night and tell us all at some point later in the phase once we've all reacted enough.
I struggle to understand if you’re being serious or your normally sarcastic self.
I missed the commute claim on first pass.

sweetandcool

#4785 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 10:52 pm

Ugh, I need to work my way out of analysis funk.

Jamiet has written blessedly few posts today. But they are interesting because they are a reaction to the Vig shot.

They sound townie to me, but what do you all make of them? I read it as Jamiet thinking ghug was the Captain, which doesn't mesh super well with what we think Mafia knew (we think Mafia knew Haze was at least a PR).

Please discuss.

worcej

#4786 Post by worcej » Tue May 23, 2023 10:53 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 12:57 pm
Ghug being town theory
If ghug is town it means mafia did not jail worcej. Which means mafia just did not think worcej was the cop role, and they were not overly worried about how worcej would use powers. or they had an idea of who worcej would use the cop on, and chose to drive that target instead.
Agree with the logic so far

worcej

#4787 Post by worcej » Tue May 23, 2023 10:54 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 10:52 pm

Jamiet has written blessedly few posts today. But they are interesting because they are a reaction to the Vig shot.

They sound townie to me, but what do you all make of them? I read it as Jamiet thinking ghug was the Captain, which doesn't mesh super well with what we think Mafia knew (we think Mafia knew Haze was at least a PR).

Please discuss.
Jamie typically does not skirk away from a game due to anything other than RL, so I tend to NAI him with being absent

worcej

#4788 Post by worcej » Tue May 23, 2023 10:58 pm

Haze with a Z wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 1:54 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 12:09 am
brainbomb wrote:
Mon May 22, 2023 11:44 pm
I know if you survive the day you would
not hesistate to suicide bomb damo so its far too much of a liability to take anything youre saying seriously
I knew this was coming, though. Haze was making it very clear he was going to claim. Why wouldn't I have suicide bombed last night?
why would you try to claim my role then? Because I think the only reason I was even going to claim was to stop myself from getting voted out. And you claiming stuff makes it seem even more likely that your goal was to get me voted out and then you possibly decided it wouldn't work or something.
I have been thinking a lot about it and there is some merit to ghug’s implication that he was trying to draw the NK.

Is it a smart play? No - but this opinion is coming from the guy who claimed PR on D1 lol

worcej

#4789 Post by worcej » Tue May 23, 2023 11:02 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 2:07 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 12:57 pm
Ghug being town theory
If ghug is town it means mafia did not jail worcej. Which means mafia just did not think worcej was the cop role, and they were not overly worried about how worcej would use powers. or they had an idea of who worcej would use the cop on, and chose to drive that target instead.
Exactly. Either Ghug was the one responsible for Jailing Worcej or scum just didn't worry with a town PR using his powers or a scum just screwed big time.
Considering at least Fox is scum and a good player it's hard to see the second option. Third still possible.
Agreed here. I don’t see a world where Fox allowed me to go free when the jail was entirely an option just to continue the dialogue that my claim was fake.

It is shitty for ghug, but I just look at his slot now as needing a confirmation because of the RB information that is out now and my own disbelief in the scum just letting me do whatever I wanted.

worcej

#4790 Post by worcej » Tue May 23, 2023 11:02 pm

damo666 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 2:18 pm
Somebody remind me what Eden did N1 please
I don’t think we know.

sweetandcool

#4791 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 11:12 pm

BunnyGo:

Two things bother me about them.

1. Reading through their threads, they make jabs at several people without any real follow up. It comes across as wanting to spread as much paranoia as possible. Particularly, they always noted in a suspicious way whenever someone makes a post EoD/EoN that ignores the result of the EoD/EoN. Otherwise, they've been tunneled on Kak. Maybe they were making a similar play to X?

2. During N1 they had a public conversation with X, where they play a bit of a councilor/mediator. It could be that X and Bunny coached the conversation as a way to help cement the idea that X vs sweetandcool was Town vs Town.
http://webdiplomacy.net/contrib/phpBB3/ ... 91#p342691
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not claiming this is amazing evidence, but if X is a 10 year vet, I could see them possibly leading the Mafia team. Consequently, if X thought the T v T approach was a good one, I think X would have encouraged Bunny to do something similar. That is, find a tunnel in Kak.

Still got more to read before actually making an educated conclusion :P

sweetandcool

#4792 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 11:13 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 11:02 pm
damo666 wrote:
I don’t think we know.
We know Eden claimed to have used the vote doubler on pyxxy. Of course, Eden could have been lying.

Have you read my argument for ghug being town? I am eagerly awaiting your opinion on that.

sweetandcool

#4793 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 11:20 pm

Looking at the list of people, my mind has melted because I haven't previously felt suspicious of them.

Clear:
worcej
Haze
damo

Town:
ghug
brain*

Suspects in order of likeliness:

Bunny
rdr
Jamie
Kak

I'm going to park it at ##VOTE BunnyGo and I'll either follow that up with a new vote when I find someone more suspicious or I will follow up with an affirming vote with a stronger case.

worcej

#4794 Post by worcej » Tue May 23, 2023 11:21 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:47 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:42 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:39 pm
wait, what do you mean X never came to report what he saw? he couldnt report anything anyway. Theres no daychat and unless using a code he isnt gonna come out and the thread and be like I saw Haze kissing sandy claws
Pretty easy to communicate a result, just set a code. If Ghug is scum I am pretty sure he set a code with X.
I'll endorse this assertion. I'm not sure everyone does anymore, though.
I always do when I am scum

sweetandcool

#4795 Post by sweetandcool » Tue May 23, 2023 11:21 pm

Oops, brain's asterisk is for me not wanting to kill a day sorting their posts. But vibe and gut tell me they are town.

worcej

#4796 Post by worcej » Tue May 23, 2023 11:22 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 11:13 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 11:02 pm
damo666 wrote:
I don’t think we know.
We know Eden claimed to have used the vote doubler on pyxxy. Of course, Eden could have been lying.

Have you read my argument for ghug being town? I am eagerly awaiting your opinion on that.
I have and I am torn personally because it really does indicate that the scum team was just fine with me using my actions unopposed. It is so incompetent in my eyes for them to have done that.

worcej

#4797 Post by worcej » Tue May 23, 2023 11:25 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 9:05 pm
##Unvote

I will wait to hear from the clearboys on how they interpret this.
Sweet is trying so hard to clear us off ghug and not really onto anyone else that I am more curious as to why he is so adamantly sure ghug is town.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4798 Post by ghug » Tue May 23, 2023 11:29 pm

sweetandcool wrote:

Please discuss.
I find it very suspicious that Jamie hasn't spent the day insisting I'm a filthy liar who must die. That may mostly be absence, but I feel like I'd expect town Jamie to react more heavily in the moment.

worcej

#4799 Post by worcej » Tue May 23, 2023 11:31 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 11:29 pm
sweetandcool wrote:

Please discuss.
I find it very suspicious that Jamie hasn't spent the day insisting I'm a filthy liar who must die. That may mostly be absence, but I feel like I'd expect town Jamie to react more heavily in the moment.
He probably would be if he was here. At least we know that lol

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#4800 Post by ghug » Tue May 23, 2023 11:33 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 11:31 pm
ghug wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 11:29 pm
sweetandcool wrote:

Please discuss.
He probably would be if he was here. At least we know that lol
We don't, though. He was there well past my reaction and had a pretty tepid take on the whole thing.