M80 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BunnyGo

Re: M80 Game Thread

#1761 Post by BunnyGo » Wed May 17, 2023 7:27 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 7:00 pm
##Vote BunnyGo
this has faded out of the participation ever since their wagon died.
It is hard to text and read and drive.

bozotheclown

#1762 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 17, 2023 7:28 pm

Dousing wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:20 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:15 pm
Dousing wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:01 pm
##Bozo

I'd vote Bona because I don't like the quality of their posts but Bozo look like their the lead wagon rn and I don't want Eden to die. I think Eden still has info to give/analysis to share.

Form what I've seen of Eden, he seems strongest in the late game; he plays well when he has a great deal of info/when he has an idea he wants to implement. It kinda tracks that he wants a game where theres as much info to be gleamed as possible.
##vote Dousing

Can you explain me how or where have you seen that "Eden is strongest in late game"? This is so scum tryng to park a vote that I can help myself voting you.
From last game it seemed that Eden picked up a lot more steam during the late game when there was more info.

Im not saying Eden is trustworthy here. in fact, I think they’ve explained themselves terribly with Brain and Bona. HOWEVER, I think Eden’s the type of play who is gonna improve later in the game.
In this post Dousing is essentially saying he agrees with me about PE's interaction with brainbomb looking questionable, yet he prefers to DK me over PE because he thinks PE will improve later in the game based on one game where PE and I were both mafia and I survived longer as mafia than PE.

President Eden

#1763 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 7:33 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 7:28 pm
Dousing wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:20 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:

##vote Dousing

Can you explain me how or where have you seen that "Eden is strongest in late game"? This is so scum tryng to park a vote that I can help myself voting you.
From last game it seemed that Eden picked up a lot more steam during the late game when there was more info.

Im not saying Eden is trustworthy here. in fact, I think they’ve explained themselves terribly with Brain and Bona. HOWEVER, I think Eden’s the type of play who is gonna improve later in the game.
In this post Dousing is essentially saying he agrees with me about PE's interaction with brainbomb looking questionable, yet he prefers to DK me over PE because he thinks PE will improve later in the game based on one game where PE and I were both mafia and I survived longer as mafia than PE.
I do think that’s quite strange yes.

brainbomb

#1764 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 7:34 pm

While I have this moment to just, take this all in.

Eden, I am really sorry that I made the game unpleasant for you. I am sorry for the way I behaved in my panhandlin game. I never came into this game with a vendetta against you. I never had a target on you. I didnt think that I was being dismissive of your opinions, but clearly I was insulting to you.

That being said. seeing the wagons how they are now.
And I am forced to choose between Bozo, and you.

I hope you understand now, in this moment the irony of just how unhelpful your answer was to me.

I asked openly for advice, because I struggle to read some players. I opened the game voting for bozo. I even said it was his turn to be scum by gamblers fallacy.,
worcej wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 2:43 am
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 12:16 am
and bozo is scum because I decided gamblers fallacy and its his turn to be scum
He's been scum a bit lately.

Worcej said this and it gave me pause. And then :
President Eden wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 3:20 am
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 3:19 am
if there were three minutes id debate killing ghug here and then try to bolster a counter wagon on pyxxy - bozo - kakkypookalaococracha
those all feel like randwagons minus kak who I think is town

pass lol
I guess my conclusion here is that, look at what couldve been avoided. All of this never had to happen. I was there offering this idea, and you didnt want to say much of anything about bozo back then

President Eden

#1765 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 7:38 pm

So because I called bozo a randwagon when he hadn’t even posted yet you are now going to rationalize voting me.

Ok guy lol.

bozotheclown

#1766 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 17, 2023 7:39 pm

Dousing is either town who has a high enough opinion of PE that he would prefer to eliminate me over PE D1 despite expressing a negative view of PE's D1, mafia who was trying to justify a vote for T vs. T top wagons, or mafia who was trying to protect a teammate while hedging his position in case PE flips first (I know he was not bussing).

brainbomb

#1767 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 7:45 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 7:38 pm
So because I called bozo a randwagon when he hadn’t even posted yet you are now going to rationalize voting me.

Ok guy lol.
can you just hold on while I try to explain, im at work, ill provide more in a moment

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1768 Post by pyxxy » Wed May 17, 2023 7:49 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:51 pm
I'm curious to see if a bozo wagon is easy to push.

##VOTE Prezzy Ed
good artists copy, great artists steal

BunnyGo

#1769 Post by BunnyGo » Wed May 17, 2023 7:49 pm

To be clear: Damo and pyxxy are hard for brain to read

But he likes what they’re putting down

So much that he town reads them over many other participating players he finds easier to read

But not their votes on Bozo

##vote brain

President Eden

#1770 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 7:52 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 7:45 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 7:38 pm

Ok guy lol.
can you just hold on while I try to explain, im at work, ill provide more in a moment
i might or might not respond after you do, but i am very frustrated and resentful at how i get treated when i’m town and my capacity for cognitive and emotional empathy is completely exhausted for this game

i’m thisclose to just hard lurking the rest of the game, claiming role if i have one, and hoping scum demolishes this game so maybe next time will be better

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1771 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 17, 2023 7:54 pm

Dousing wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:28 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:24 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:

##vote Dousing

And this also comes across as Mafia trying to park their vote. Dousing has played one game, and you know it. Dousing has formed this opinion based on the one previous game they have played. Of course, if we haven't played X number of games, we're not allowed to form opinions on other players.
Sweet you of all people should know that even new players can form opinions on other players.

From what I’ve seen, Eden fared a lot better in the late game than the early game.

You‘re telling me Eden’s arguments are poor and I agree with you. I’m also saying that Eden will likely improve if last game has any predictive power.
Eden was scum last game, so how you can say he will improve as town?

Jamiet99uk

#1772 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 17, 2023 7:54 pm

Looks like I am here after all.

Oh, I said I would respond to Xcution.

Coming up, then.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

bozotheclown

#1773 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 17, 2023 7:56 pm

I don't like PE's reasons for scum reading me being based strictly on me voting for him, but it does not look like he will be the DK today. I think Dousing is a good alternate because of his vote to save PE while hedging his read on PE.

I will try to be back for EOD.

##VOTE Dousing

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1774 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 17, 2023 7:57 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:35 pm
Dousing wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:28 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 6:24 pm

And this also comes across as Mafia trying to park their vote. Dousing has played one game, and you know it. Dousing has formed this opinion based on the one previous game they have played. Of course, if we haven't played X number of games, we're not allowed to form opinions on other players.
Sweet you of all people should know that even new players can form opinions on other players.

From what I’ve seen, Eden fared a lot better in the late game than the early game.

You‘re telling me Eden’s arguments are poor and I agree with you. I’m also saying that Eden will likely improve if last game has any predictive power.
I can only conclude you misread me, are responding to two people simultaneously or didn't catch my tone. My last sentence was sarcasm, and my post was in line with what you said (though I posted before reading). I was claiming that rdr was commiting the same sin that they were accusing you of.
No, it's not, I was already voting you so I don't need to cast a vote and I stated a completely new reason to vote (which you can disagree) and not just parrot others arguments. So, they aren't not even nearly close.

damo666

#1775 Post by damo666 » Wed May 17, 2023 8:00 pm

##vote Dousing

brainbomb

#1776 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 8:01 pm

I think that when you responded in that way about bozo, even when he was a non poster it told me you didnt really care about the question. It told me that you did not have anything to really tell me about bozo recent games, you didnt have anything memorable to say about him, you had what most people would have about a player such as bozo : not much to say.

And if there is not much to say, then there is just not much to say. I didnt get the impression you wanted to help me. I was not getting any content or actual ideas from you. Yes I know he was a non poster, which is precisely why I was asking in the first place. Was to give myself SOMETHING to at least think about.

Worcej to his credit mentioned bozo has been scum recently. This for example wouldve been very nice to talk about early on. Hey bozo was scum in M(?) and this is how he played, I remember he did ____ for a while and then ___ happened.

That was what I was asking for. Thats what I wanted.

This is my fualt for not being clear about what I was hoping for. And then I blamed you for not meeting my desired information hopes.

I recall one game where I was town vs mafia bozo and he was cunning. he convinced me to miskill damo at one point when I had bozo mostly defeated. It was a multiball game with Sabi I think. And it came down to the end, and the game was ruled a tie, but truly we all sort of felt like bozo was MVP and was the actual winner. he was brilliant as scum that game. And he was quiet until he didnt need to be anymore. He had strong pushes and cases that got damo and some others killed.

What I wanted was those memories, from other peoples perspectives. Thats all you can really say about low poster lurkers is talk about what they did in the past and how they were as mafia.

Vecna used to say bozo was the easiest player to read on webdip. And I feel the opposite. I find bozo to the among the most challenging to read because of how he has played as a deep wolf before

Jamiet99uk

#1777 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 17, 2023 8:04 pm

So Xcution earlier called me scummy for not responding to this post:
Xcution wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 6:46 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 4:07 pm
President Eden's mischaracterisation of Brainbomb "shitting on" other people is quite odd.

He seems off this game.
I'm going to call this post wolfy because you already tried to explain how you saying 'someone is off' was meant as a joke, but now I feel like you're purposely trying to make sure everyone thinks you were joking. I'm not sure what your motivation with these type of posts are.
I have explained my joking use of the phrase "[he] seems off this game", so I direct you to that explanation.

Here's the second major post I can find with Xcution calling my name:
Xcution wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 12:20 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 6:49 pm
Xcution wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 6:41 pm

Can you explain this progression? Because I still don't know what Jamie is saying this game and I'm not really buying what he's saying as logical thought processes.
Ask me questions if you have them, I am right here.

What illogical things have I said?
My dude, I've been dropping your name all game and you're finally responding to me; I was waiting to see how long it would take until you felt comfortable enough stepping into the ring with me.

I mean, I've literally called out specific posts and even quoted a post of yours and called it wolfy. Why are you only choosing to respond to me of me questioning another player?

I just feel like you haven't been genuine with your posts. I feel you're trying to toe the line between jokes and seriousness in a weird way and you're purposely making it hard to get a grasp on your thoughts and reads. I'm not even sure who you're trying to push right now and why.
The only post you had called out at this point was the one above, which I have addressed. Agian, I direct you to the previous explanation.
Xcution wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 12:36 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 6:54 pm
You seem off this game.
Point and case right here. We've never played together so now this looks like you're trying hard to make jokes and seen non-serious to cover up others calling you out for some of your comment. 'B-but I was just joking, see!' Not sure what the purpose of this post is if it doesn't have ulterior motives.
It's "case in point" not "point and case". You young people, I don't know.

Again this was literally the same joke. I was repeating it because it seemed to wind you up, and therefore it amused me to say it again.
Xcution wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 1:23 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 10:26 pm

I asked you if you have any questions for me.

You ignore me when I directly address you, yet you continue to throw shade on me.

Dislike.
Okay, I'm not sure if this is just a site thing, but why are people demanding questions yet don't feel like ever giving reasons for what they say? Jamie, I've literally been commenting on your slot this entire game, and you finally chose to engage me halfway through D1. I think it's incredibly disingenuous to come out and say that I've been ignoring you when I've literally been transparent with my thoughts on your slot. I'd have to iso you and look through specific points in order to pull out my exact issues, but like I don't think you're trying to play in a way that is flirting with the line between serious and joking so that you can conveniently jump back and forth and when someone calls you out, you can say 'jkjkjkjk'. I'm having a hard time trying to follow your thought progression and see your thinking in a linear way. Perhaps I'm doing a disservice by not having specific posts of yours to show and comment on (though I have quoted you numerous times saying I don't like certain posts), but I also don't have QUESTIONS, I have ISSUES. So I'm not trying to interview you here right now, I'm trying to get a response from you and trying to understand and see where you are coming from. However, all you can say is 'wHeRe ArE tHe QuEsTiOnS'.
As I have now demonstrated, all you've really done in relation to me is bang on about me saying "he seems off this game" multiple times. You haven't actually called out any other posts I've made as scummy, and when I've asked you if you have any questions for me, you don't.

This does not come across as genuine scumhunting from you.

Setting aside the use of that one particular phrase about "seeming off", I am going to need you to give specific examples of my apparently non-linear thought process if you want any more of a response than this.

Thank you.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1778 Post by pyxxy » Wed May 17, 2023 8:05 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 7:09 pm
any speedwagons would be dumb here

however i also hate stagnant wagons

i wish nothing stupid happens
stop being scummy >:(

pyxxy