M80 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M80 Game Thread

#1641 Post by pyxxy » Wed May 17, 2023 5:18 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:15 pm
I am prepared to vote Bozo to save Eden
damo how does anyone ever chop you when you obv town like this

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1642 Post by ghug » Wed May 17, 2023 5:19 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 3:13 pm
@bozo

• What is the scum motivation for me fighting with brainbomb like this? More importantly, did you even ask yourself this question?
• We have six hours to go. Why are you treating today like a foregone me/Bona conclusion?
To be super explicit:

Do you remember him drawing weird conclusions about scum motivations in our fighting in those couple games? Because I do.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1643 Post by ghug » Wed May 17, 2023 5:20 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 3:56 pm
So heres where the game is at

there is evidence to suggest bunny outed a PR but the majority of players seem to not think bunny is wolfy, and seem to lean him town, and that his outing was inadvertant.

there is a consensus feeling that bozo is scum among a small group of players, and bozo has been very low investment in the game, but nonetheless he is not a top wagon

there has been numerous mentions of sweet and cool being scum, and seems to be a hot button option among a few people, and not many have expressed any strong townread on S&C.

bona is a popular wagon and a number of people such as foxcastle and ghug have been on this wagon recently. this wagon seems to be gathering steam among nuanced voters who dont think brain vs eden has any scum in it, who also think bunny is not scummy, who also dont want to kill any low posters.

eden is popular among people who think something is off about him this game, bona, although this is also a self pres scenario to some extent, bunny, and then worcej. And myself, although I dont quite know what to think.

My conclusions are that if ghug, rivera, damo, jamie, have any town among them, some of them would be arguing why eden is town, some of them would be curious about edens voters, or some would be thinking about if eden is scum or not.

This question is for ghug, Jamie, and damo
what is your reads on Bona and Eden
Both scummy. Doubt it's both of them.

Also plenty of people townread sweet.

Jamiet99uk

#1644 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed May 17, 2023 5:20 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:17 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 2:58 pm
anyway, I can’t fathom town bozo looking at my d1 and going “yep that’s the same guy I just played scum with last game.”

Obviously I’m capable of mixing up my style, but I at least can’t appreciate any tactical value that might have been gained by me getting in this fight as scum, and it doesn’t even look like bozo asked himself that question. he just saw a controversial flash point that could be used to justify a vote and went with it

##VOTE bozotheclown
It's funny, I scumread both of you but dislike each of your justifications for voting the other.
It is not clear to me why you scumread President Eden.

Could you elucidate?
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Foxcastle

#1645 Post by Foxcastle » Wed May 17, 2023 5:21 pm

I'll give Bona a pass today. ##UNVOTE

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1646 Post by ghug » Wed May 17, 2023 5:23 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 4:20 pm
When did "towncore" become a thing people do here? I think it's a bad idea and you shouldn't stop assessing someone because you added them to your towncore.
towncore considered harmful

President Eden

#1647 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 5:23 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:19 pm
President Eden wrote:
@bozo

• What is the scum motivation for me fighting with brainbomb like this? More importantly, did you even ask yourself this question?
• We have six hours to go. Why are you treating today like a foregone me/Bona conclusion?
To be super explicit:

Do you remember him drawing weird conclusions about scum motivations in our fighting in those couple games? Because I do.
I don’t, but I’ll look. To be clear you mean the Dec 21 and Mar(?) 22 games where you and I were fighting, right? (I guess I need it even more explicit lol.)

@rdr—nothing notable about Haze, I don’t find them scummy per se so much as, the more my view of the game is developing, the more I think the mafia are in the wallflowers.

sweetandcool

#1648 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 17, 2023 5:26 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:13 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:10 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:06 pm
why do you scumread dousing?
I don't think anybody is particularly scumreading Dousing. But since they've been the least participatory (and I'm currently unsure if the outlook will improve), then they are at least a decent vote.
So why did you answer this question for Eden? Thank you for explaining that very few people are scumreading Dousing, but I also dont really think that just because someone isnt being widely scumread, automatically means they need to be.
Cause it just seemed obvious. Um, nobody widely scumreads Dousing. Voting Dousing isn't necessarily a scumread. I think my response indicated that.

Of course, now that Dousing claims they will be much more available for D2, I don't think anyone is going to bother voting them.

damo666

#1649 Post by damo666 » Wed May 17, 2023 5:27 pm

##vote Bozo

sweetandcool

#1650 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 17, 2023 5:28 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:23 pm
ghug wrote:
President Eden wrote:
@bozo

To be super explicit:

I don’t, but I’ll look. To be clear you mean the Dec 21 and Mar(?) 22 games where you and I were fighting, right? (I guess I need it even more explicit lol.)

@rdr—nothing notable about Haze, I don’t find them scummy per se so much as, the more my view of the game is developing, the more I think the mafia are in the wallflowers.
That's a good point. If not many people are pinging as scum, then looking towards the wallflowers makes sense.

BunnyGo

#1651 Post by BunnyGo » Wed May 17, 2023 5:29 pm

President Eden wrote:
Actually maybe Haze ahead of Dousing

But realistically bozo or Bona, sizable preference for bozo at this time
Why dousing?

President Eden

#1652 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 5:33 pm

ghug I see what you mean RE: the Dec 21 game.

However he was mafia there.

Mar 22 was a less on point example as he had other data supporting his read on you.

I agree maybe he doesn’t process the fighting very well, but I didn’t see in either example where he shrugged and said “good enough for me” like he has here

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1653 Post by ghug » Wed May 17, 2023 5:34 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 4:36 pm
I'm curious to see if a Bozo wagon is easy to push.

##VOTE Bozo
Like this post because I hate it

President Eden

#1654 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 5:36 pm

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:29 pm
President Eden wrote:
Actually maybe Haze ahead of Dousing

But realistically bozo or Bona, sizable preference for bozo at this time
Why dousing?
Same thing as Haze but even less so bc Dousing has actually been absent and not just passively blending in.

I don’t really care to kill either of them that much, it’s more that I feel I’m seeing a lot of reasons not to d1 a lot of people.

Realistically I just want bozo and failing that I’ll settle for Bona I guess

President Eden

#1655 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 5:36 pm

Maybe ghuggy wuggy is a snuggy smuggy scummy

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1656 Post by ghug » Wed May 17, 2023 5:40 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:09 pm
Town
worcej
damo
rdrivera
xcution
bona
pyxxy
sweet and cool
dousing
kakarrotto

Null
ghug
foxcastle
Jamie
Eden
Bozo

Mafia
Haze
Bunnygo
Why are three of the people you said you're incapable of reading in your town pile?

bozotheclown

#1657 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 17, 2023 5:41 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 3:54 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 3:45 pm
President Eden wrote:
anyway, I can’t fathom town bozo looking at my d1 and going “yep that’s the same guy I just played scum with last game.”

Obviously I’m capable of mixing up my style, but I at least can’t appreciate any tactical value that might have been gained by me getting in this fight as scum, and it doesn’t even look like bozo asked himself that question. he just saw a controversial flash point that could be used to justify a vote and went with it

##VOTE bozotheclown
You state that I should I should look at this interaction and determine that you must be town, then say there would be no motivation for you to do it as mafia, when looking like town is the primary motive of the mafia.

I think you are capable of doing something like this to look like town, but you may also just be annoyed. I just don't understand the reason for some of your stronger reactions.
No, I state that you should look at this interaction and think “that’s not like the behavior I just saw from my scum teammate at all last game. I wonder what the reasoning is for this.” Not necessarily to conclude I’m town, but to examine what the potential mafia motive is for doing this, versus town motive, hell even versus it being NAI because I recognize that’s possible too.

Instead of examining it this way, you have stated that it is “possible” I am faking this as scum and that I am “capable” of doing so, and then left it at that. No one disagrees that it’s possible, but the analysis doesn’t stop there. Is that what happened? Why do you think so?

I don’t think you actually asked yourself that, because I don’t think you needed to ask. You just needed something plausible to justify a vote for a townie your team would love to miskill. So something handwavey about possibilities is good enough for that goal.
I reject the basis for your question, because it is D1 and I do not have any absolute opinion on anyone or anything. Your actions this game so far, in my opinion, have somewhat increased the probability that you are mafia.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1658 Post by ghug » Wed May 17, 2023 5:42 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:20 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:17 pm
President Eden wrote:

##VOTE bozotheclown
It's funny, I scumread both of you but dislike each of your justifications for voting the other.
It is not clear to me why you scumread President Eden.

Could you elucidate?
He feels off.

Dousing

#1659 Post by Dousing » Wed May 17, 2023 5:42 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:28 pm
President Eden wrote:
ghug wrote:

To be super explicit:

That's a good point. If not many people are pinging as scum, then looking towards the wallflowers makes sense.
Tbh I think Brain is (either purposefully or accidentally) misrepresenting Eden's arguments

from my POV: it looks like Eden (after reciving a direct question from Brain) told him that he does not want to vote against lowposters. This response reads as genuine to me and is backed up with shakey but valid logic for D1.

If I was gonna paraphrase Eden I'd say: the town is put in a better position when they are free to analyze the votes of lowposters rather than killing them outright and leaving us with no info.

For the record: I don't *love* this argument however, I think Brain has done a poor cross examination of Eden.

Personally his overreaction seems a little odd; although the Ad Hominem attacks by Eden weren't the best, I still think that Brain should've been able to see Eden's point and he is either (intentionally or unintentionally) misreading it.

The only thing preventing me from actually destructing Brian is that I feel like there's a trend among mafia players to miss the forest for the trees. There's a good chance Brain just hyperfixated on the proverbial tree that was Eden.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1660 Post by ghug » Wed May 17, 2023 5:43 pm

President Eden wrote:
ghug wrote:
President Eden wrote:
@bozo

To be super explicit:

Yeah those. He scumread the emotional outbursts seemingly coming out of nowhere.