M80 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Bonatogether

Re: M80 Game Thread

#1541 Post by Bonatogether » Wed May 17, 2023 2:41 pm

why are the newbs on unvote

brainbomb

#1542 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 2:47 pm

Alright well if Eden is town, and he really feels this way about the things i've said in his direction so far this is problematic.

Im at a loss for what to do here. Eden should not have to sub out I was not aware that he was at that point of frustration.

##Unvote

President Eden

#1543 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 2:53 pm

It’s less frustration (but yes that) and more that I’m aware that if I can’t be objective about you I shouldn’t play with you. It’s a unfair to you and a disservice to everyone.

But I didn’t take the necessary steps to rectify that before it became a problem and I don’t want to cause a headache for Chaqa so I’m not.

I kind of regret even saying the word “sub” but I don’t think people grasped where I was at. so now we do

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1544 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed May 17, 2023 2:55 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 2:37 pm
On Bonatogether vs. PE, who are the top wagons as well as voting for each other, I think PE is more likely to be mafia, based on the PE/brainbomb interaction, because I don't understand why PE reacted the way he did to some of the exchanges.

##VOTE PE
Do you think PE is faking his frustration with the exchange with Brain? Also, if PE is scum why he hold a bit instead of escalating things?

brainbomb

#1545 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 2:56 pm

I would be willing to sub out or be modkilled if my play has been so rude, or so intolerable that its actually hurt the community. or this games integrity. But I havent been notified of anything as far as im aware in terms of sanctionable activity here.

if you want me to sub out, I will have no hard feelings and will just go ahead and do that to help the game

President Eden

#1546 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 2:58 pm

anyway, I can’t fathom town bozo looking at my d1 and going “yep that’s the same guy I just played scum with last game.”

Obviously I’m capable of mixing up my style, but I at least can’t appreciate any tactical value that might have been gained by me getting in this fight as scum, and it doesn’t even look like bozo asked himself that question. he just saw a controversial flash point that could be used to justify a vote and went with it

##VOTE bozotheclown

President Eden

#1547 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 2:59 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 2:56 pm
I would be willing to sub out or be modkilled if my play has been so rude, or so intolerable that its actually hurt the community. or this games integrity. But I havent been notified of anything as far as im aware in terms of sanctionable activity here.

if you want me to sub out, I will have no hard feelings and will just go ahead and do that to help the game
no, if it becomes too much of an issue then it’s my job to sub out, since it’s my hangup.

let’s just cook in our own corners and figure it out

President Eden

#1548 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 3:05 pm

The timing on bozo’s vote is off to me as well, because he treats today like a foregone me/Bona conclusion when we’re so far out. I went and checked bozo’s posting patterns the last few games because he felt late… he often arrives at about 16h to EOD with questions and prompts and often pushes other votes until it’s clearly time to narrow down wagons. This is just way too early

If he is scum then Bona is probably town and scum!bozo wants to cement a TvT d1

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1549 Post by Chaqa » Wed May 17, 2023 3:09 pm

Day 1 Vote Count 3:
Bonatogether (4): ghug, Jamiet99uk, damo666, Foxcastle
President Eden (4): Bonatogether, BunnyGo, worcej, bozotheclown
Unvote (3): Haze with a Z, Xcution, brainbomb
bozotheclown (2): Kakarroto, President Eden
BunnyGo (1): pyxxy
Xcution (1): sweetandcool
sweetandcool (1): rdrivera2005

Dousing needs to vote.
Just under 6 hours remain in the day.

P.S.:
Unfortunately, at this time there are no subs in DiploWorld, there are only Hoagie Marines.

This can be considered a lore drop.

President Eden

#1550 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 3:13 pm

@bozo

• What is the scum motivation for me fighting with brainbomb like this? More importantly, did you even ask yourself this question?
• We have six hours to go. Why are you treating today like a foregone me/Bona conclusion?

sweetandcool

#1551 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 17, 2023 3:15 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 3:13 pm
@bozo

• What is the scum motivation for me fighting with brainbomb like this? More importantly, did you even ask yourself this question?
• We have six hours to go. Why are you treating today like a foregone me/Bona conclusion?
Probably the current vote distribution. Though I disagree with chopping either of you.

damo666

#1552 Post by damo666 » Wed May 17, 2023 3:26 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 12:41 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 11:18 am
Can town Bunnyvoters please move off him, he is very unlikely scum. Scum (if any) can stay.
Could you expound upon your analysis in this regard, Daemo?
It's already been said. His hounding of Saucey is an unlikely scumplay.

bozotheclown

#1553 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 17, 2023 3:39 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 2:55 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 2:37 pm
On Bonatogether vs. PE, who are the top wagons as well as voting for each other, I think PE is more likely to be mafia, based on the PE/brainbomb interaction, because I don't understand why PE reacted the way he did to some of the exchanges.

##VOTE PE
Do you think PE is faking his frustration with the exchange with Brain? Also, if PE is scum why he hold a bit instead of escalating things?
I think it is possible, and here are examples of posts that I think were "escalating things":
President Eden wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 3:06 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 2:59 pm
President Eden wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 2:57 pm

##VOTE brainbomb
either you want pizza or you are really getting nervous
you make it too easy to make you wrong

you’re just uselessly shitting on what everyone else is doing while doing nothing helpful yourself

you’ve asked two decent hypotheticals and then done nothing with the answers
President Eden wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 4:56 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 4:53 pm
So just to be clear I am not opinioned on your target. You may have valid points. I fail to see how shutting down every single other consideration under the umbrella of they caught scum once, is sensible as a way to consider players alignments. I asked how to read them. data on tells, meta, past posting styles. scum traits.

you gave me nothing and retreated to calling me scum for asking. and youve launched into this crazed appeal to audience machine that seems hell bent on misconstruing my intentions
Again with the BS manipulation. Are you incapable of speaking plainly?

I haven’t told anybody not to vote for any of these people. I explained why I don’t think it’s wise. This is not difficult. I have done no “shutting down” of discussion on them or anyone else, unless you define that to mean that me voicing my opinion = “shutting down,” which is bullshit.

There is no “crazed appeal to audience machine” here. If you don’t want your intentions misconstrued, stop making shit up.
President Eden wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 5:08 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 5:06 pm
pump the brakes.

In my view, are readable by their body of work by d3 or so.
Im not going to give four people a pass to fully consider them until day 3.

I want info now. opinions now. thoughts now. ideas now. Im not going to accept that we have golden parachutes where we wont even talk about certain players until x time comes along.

if they are unreadable until day 3 thats a problem. thats a large chunk of players and no this just isnt an answer im gonna accept. lets actually talk about those players
that’s not anything remotely close to what I’m saying.

fuck your demands, I’ll play as I please

President Eden

#1554 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 3:44 pm

You weren’t asked if me faking it is possible, you were asked if that’s what you think happened.

I’ve seen you successfully attack me as town before, you don’t hide behind the veil of possibilities.

bozotheclown

#1555 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 17, 2023 3:45 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 2:58 pm
anyway, I can’t fathom town bozo looking at my d1 and going “yep that’s the same guy I just played scum with last game.”

Obviously I’m capable of mixing up my style, but I at least can’t appreciate any tactical value that might have been gained by me getting in this fight as scum, and it doesn’t even look like bozo asked himself that question. he just saw a controversial flash point that could be used to justify a vote and went with it

##VOTE bozotheclown
You state that I should I should look at this interaction and determine that you must be town, then say there would be no motivation for you to do it as mafia, when looking like town is the primary motive of the mafia.

I think you are capable of doing something like this to look like town, but you may also just be annoyed. I just don't understand the reason for some of your stronger reactions.

bozotheclown

#1556 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 17, 2023 3:47 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 3:13 pm
@bozo

I am not making that conclusion, but I was giving my opinion on the top wagons at the time.

bozotheclown

#1557 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 17, 2023 3:49 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 3:44 pm
You weren’t asked if me faking it is possible, you were asked if that’s what you think happened.

I’ve seen you successfully attack me as town before, you don’t hide behind the veil of possibilities.
I am not at all certain what you motivation was, but right now I am OK finding out today.

President Eden

#1558 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 3:54 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 3:45 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 2:58 pm

##VOTE bozotheclown
You state that I should I should look at this interaction and determine that you must be town, then say there would be no motivation for you to do it as mafia, when looking like town is the primary motive of the mafia.

I think you are capable of doing something like this to look like town, but you may also just be annoyed. I just don't understand the reason for some of your stronger reactions.
No, I state that you should look at this interaction and think “that’s not like the behavior I just saw from my scum teammate at all last game. I wonder what the reasoning is for this.” Not necessarily to conclude I’m town, but to examine what the potential mafia motive is for doing this, versus town motive, hell even versus it being NAI because I recognize that’s possible too.

Instead of examining it this way, you have stated that it is “possible” I am faking this as scum and that I am “capable” of doing so, and then left it at that. No one disagrees that it’s possible, but the analysis doesn’t stop there. Is that what happened? Why do you think so?

I don’t think you actually asked yourself that, because I don’t think you needed to ask. You just needed something plausible to justify a vote for a townie your team would love to miskill. So something handwavey about possibilities is good enough for that goal.

brainbomb

#1559 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 3:56 pm

So heres where the game is at

there is evidence to suggest bunny outed a PR but the majority of players seem to not think bunny is wolfy, and seem to lean him town, and that his outing was inadvertant.

there is a consensus feeling that bozo is scum among a small group of players, and bozo has been very low investment in the game, but nonetheless he is not a top wagon

there has been numerous mentions of sweet and cool being scum, and seems to be a hot button option among a few people, and not many have expressed any strong townread on S&C.

bona is a popular wagon and a number of people such as foxcastle and ghug have been on this wagon recently. this wagon seems to be gathering steam among nuanced voters who dont think brain vs eden has any scum in it, who also think bunny is not scummy, who also dont want to kill any low posters.

eden is popular among people who think something is off about him this game, bona, although this is also a self pres scenario to some extent, bunny, and then worcej. And myself, although I dont quite know what to think.

My conclusions are that if ghug, rivera, damo, jamie, have any town among them, some of them would be arguing why eden is town, some of them would be curious about edens voters, or some would be thinking about if eden is scum or not.

This question is for ghug, Jamie, and damo
what is your reads on Bona and Eden

brainbomb

#1560 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 4:05 pm

Haze has 100 posts and they have massively faded into the background for me. Not sure anyone else feels that way, but im rereading the ISO and there is really not alot here to look at.

##Vote Haze