M80 Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: M80 Game Thread

#1521 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 2:16 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 2:01 pm
Ill make this incredibly easy for you.

What I think Edens stances are
damo, pyxxy, rdrivera, and bozo are players who can towntell by voting for scum by day 3

ghug is not someone eden would want to eliminate day 1 because it has backfired before, and there is no urgency to eliminate ghug in this game.

sweetandcool was someone eden was pinged by because they may have been pretending to be british to roleplay being mafia.

eden thinks brainbomb is mafia because he is a liar and is minconstruing edens reads.

damo is town because he is direct and helpful to his team. he also tends to unvote someone he scumreads at some point, and he did that with Jamie. so Damo is town for now.
Where am I lying in this post.
point the to talking points of yours that are being misrepresented. and by all means update them, or refute them, whatever it is. this is my interpretation of your stances, at their most bland basic core.

Xcution

#1522 Post by Xcution » Wed May 17, 2023 2:17 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 7:25 am
TLDR for everybody that isn't X:

X really hates questions. They'll say things that imply questions that they want addressed, but asking a question is not something they generally like to do, even if you request them to clarify what you want from them.

Interpret any way you like, but so far the energy they've spent on me has been an exercise in futility that definitely makes them look busy while being incredibly unproductive. They may have a point that me being self-aware is weird (actually, I don't really get it, but other people like Foxcastle for example do, so I guess it's a thing), but they really haven't followed up with any substantial content.

I'm scumreading them big time, because they definitely believe that producing content and looking busy is important work for Mafia, and it's something they have been doing masterfully. They are capable of much better, and I think we would have seen that if they were town.

Please, ##VOTE Xcution , and rid us of someone who is much more likely to be Mafia than not.
I don't hate questions and that's just treating my slot in bad faith. I ask questions, but that's not really the main way I play the game; I crave dialogue and interaction. I think my example that I gave you in my wallie fits best, I'll call someone an asshole and expect them to respond while you are expecting someone to ask you why you are an asshole and then you'll respond.

Why do you get to determine if how I spend my energy is futile or not? I had a problem with your slot, I went after it, and I finally got a response; this has given me a large amount of information now to help me determine your slot; this hasn't been futile for me at all. The whole time I've done this with you, I have tried to interact with other slots (you even called me out for how I handle Jamie) and I've also read the entire thread and have thoughts on other players based on that. I don't think it's fair at all for you to call me effort futile when I'm advancing my OWN reads in the game. Has it been unhelpful to you and others? Maybe, but that's also not my problem or focus, I'm trying to solve the game for ME.

Okay, this is kind of bull shit because you have no idea how I'd at as either alignment and you saying 'I'd do better as town' is you holding me to YOUR expectations of what I should do or how I should play (something I think Elden tried to call me out on for what I was doing with your slot). I don't give a fuck about producing content because there have been games, as either alignment, where I'm much more quiet and don't go into as much detail and wallies. Your wolf read on me comes down to you thinking I'm being unproductive and wasting time and that i could 'do better', all expectations that you have created and not something that always fits everyone.

President Eden

#1523 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 2:18 pm

And for the sake of explaining my stance to everyone else:

The only reason I haven’t asked to sub out is because we don’t seem to have any and I’m not making it Chaqa’s job to solve my fee-fees

My choices when dealing with brainbomb, based on ample past experience, are:

1. Take enormous amounts of time out of my day to write painstaking walls explaining my positions in great detail and leaving nothing unturned. brain ignores what he doesn’t want to see and twists what I say to fit whatever warped narrative is going on in his head. The rest of you don’t read because tldr.

2. I take this approach where I say the absolute minimum to make my point and move on. He whines that I don’t engage him enough for his liking. The rest of you either ignore everything because drama or maybe you ask me specific questions that I can answer helpfully (ex: Haze asked me about my damo read about this time yesterday).

Some of you seem to be upset with me or scumread me because I didn’t do #1. This is even though you likely wouldn’t have read it or cares if I had. If I know you think I write too much and don’t really care about this squabble, why would I waste any time with #1?

Xcution

#1524 Post by Xcution » Wed May 17, 2023 2:19 pm

I feel like this site is not feature friendly because responding to all of that was a lot more difficult here than in other places. I will say that I am in professional development all day today, and won't be able to be around. Not sure when EOD is but I might miss it or just be back right before day ends.

sweetandcool

#1525 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 17, 2023 2:20 pm

Xcution wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 2:17 pm
sweetandcool wrote:

X really hates questions. They'll say things that imply questions that they want addressed, but asking a question is not something they generally like to do, even if you request them to clarify what you want from them.

Interpret any way you like, but so far the energy they've spent on me has been an exercise in futility that definitely makes them look busy while being incredibly unproductive. They may have a point that me being self-aware is weird (actually, I don't really get it, but other people like Foxcastle for example do, so I guess it's a thing), but they really haven't followed up with any substantial content.

I'm scumreading them big time, because they definitely believe that producing content and looking busy is important work for Mafia, and it's something they have been doing masterfully. They are capable of much better, and I think we would have seen that if they were town.

Please, ##VOTE Xcution , and rid us of someone who is much more likely to be Mafia than not.
I don't hate questions and that's just treating my slot in bad faith. I ask questions, but that's not really the main way I play the game; I crave dialogue and interaction. I think my example that I gave you in my wallie fits best, I'll call someone an asshole and expect them to respond while you are expecting someone to ask you why you are an asshole and then you'll respond.

Why do you get to determine if how I spend my energy is futile or not? I had a problem with your slot, I went after it, and I finally got a response; this has given me a large amount of information now to help me determine your slot; this hasn't been futile for me at all. The whole time I've done this with you, I have tried to interact with other slots (you even called me out for how I handle Jamie) and I've also read the entire thread and have thoughts on other players based on that. I don't think it's fair at all for you to call me effort futile when I'm advancing my OWN reads in the game. Has it been unhelpful to you and others? Maybe, but that's also not my problem or focus, I'm trying to solve the game for ME.

Okay, this is kind of bull shit because you have no idea how I'd at as either alignment and you saying 'I'd do better as town' is you holding me to YOUR expectations of what I should do or how I should play (something I think Elden tried to call me out on for what I was doing with your slot). I don't give a fuck about producing content because there have been games, as either alignment, where I'm much more quiet and don't go into as much detail and wallies. Your wolf read on me comes down to you thinking I'm being unproductive and wasting time and that i could 'do better', all expectations that you have created and not something that always fits everyone.
Dude, I followed the mafia champs game and I know town X can do better than this.

bozotheclown

#1526 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 17, 2023 2:22 pm

sweetandcool wrote:

I think it is possible Xcution could be pushing you as a way to be active as mafia, but his interaction with other players, specifically Jamie, makes me think he is more likely to be town.

President Eden

#1527 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 2:23 pm

Xcution wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 2:19 pm
I feel like this site is not feature friendly because responding to all of that was a lot more difficult here than in other places. I will say that I am in professional development all day today, and won't be able to be around. Not sure when EOD is but I might miss it or just be back right before day ends.
You basically have to use manual quote blocks to break up a post lol. Yes it is a pain. Enjoy your stay :lol:

brainbomb

#1528 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 2:24 pm

What I think Edens stances are
damo, pyxxy, rdrivera, and bozo are players who can towntell by voting for scum by day 3

ghug is not someone eden would want to eliminate day 1 because it has backfired before, and there is no urgency to eliminate ghug in this game.

sweetandcool was someone eden was pinged by because they may have been pretending to be british to roleplay being mafia.

eden thinks brainbomb is mafia because he is a liar and is minconstruing edens reads.

damo is town because he is direct and helpful to his team. he also tends to unvote someone he scumreads at some point, and he did that with Jamie. so Damo is town for now.

Eden Do you agree that these were your stances, to some extent

Xcution

#1529 Post by Xcution » Wed May 17, 2023 2:25 pm

For the record, I'm much happier with Sweet's responses here and this is what I was hoping for from him when I initially raised my concerns about his slot. Since I don't know if I'll be around for EOD, I do want to give him so good faith.

##unvote Sweet

Xcution

#1530 Post by Xcution » Wed May 17, 2023 2:26 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 2:23 pm
Xcution wrote:
You basically have to use manual quote blocks to break up a post lol. Yes it is a pain. Enjoy your stay :lol:
The worst part was that on the next page, Sweet actually linked all the reference posts as well... I literally went through the thread just clicking on next page constantly to find the posts he was talking about. I like forums that make it easy for me to play. :(

BunnyGo

#1531 Post by BunnyGo » Wed May 17, 2023 2:28 pm

Xcution wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 2:26 pm
President Eden wrote:
Xcution wrote:
The worst part was that on the next page, Sweet actually linked all the reference posts as well... I literally went through the thread just clicking on next page constantly to find the posts he was talking about. I like forums that make it easy for me to play. :(
The bot makes this more useful for reading. Posting (especially on mobile) is a pain.

President Eden

#1532 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 2:30 pm

Well in fairness there are ways to link the posts so you can jump right to them. That’s a sweetandcool skill issue lol.

If you need to link to specific posts, my recommendation is to pull up the user’s posts in the peterbot and find the posts at issue. Then click the “orig” hyperlink on the left. You’ll jump directly to the post. Then click the hyperlink number in the top left on webDip and you’ll get an option to c/p the link to that post.

It’s a bit of a hassle and not as fluid as other places probably, but it’s manageable at least

sweetandcool

#1533 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 17, 2023 2:31 pm

Xcution wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 2:25 pm
For the record, I'm much happier with Sweet's responses here and this is what I was hoping for from him when I initially raised my concerns about his slot. Since I don't know if I'll be around for EOD, I do want to give him so good faith.

##unvote Sweet
If your expectation is that I will post left and right, on your beck and call, you are sorely mistaken. Especially when you seem so entrenched in your views that nothing changes your mind.

I suspect I am feeling like President Eden feels about Brainbomb (in context of the game), like this is futile.

Please, no need for token unvotes here. Go ahead and vote what you truly think. I know I am.

sweetandcool

#1534 Post by sweetandcool » Wed May 17, 2023 2:31 pm

Xcution wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 2:26 pm
President Eden wrote:
Xcution wrote:
Ouch, sorry about that.

brainbomb

#1535 Post by brainbomb » Wed May 17, 2023 2:32 pm

Alright.

How can we rectify this Eden?

What do you need to see from me in order to move forward.

Bonatogether

#1536 Post by Bonatogether » Wed May 17, 2023 2:36 pm

i hate reading wallposts that aren't interesting and don't make a real case

bozotheclown

#1537 Post by bozotheclown » Wed May 17, 2023 2:37 pm

On Bonatogether vs. PE, who are the top wagons as well as voting for each other, I think PE is more likely to be mafia, based on the PE/brainbomb interaction, because I don't understand why PE reacted the way he did to some of the exchanges.

##VOTE PE

President Eden

#1538 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 2:37 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 2:32 pm
Alright.

How can we rectify this Eden?

What do you need to see from me in order to move forward.
I don’t think I care to

I will at least afford you the courtesy to say that I’m vaguely aware I’m being less than objective with you, and that in the context of this game it’s probably my fault more than yours.

But I don’t really think you’re capable of the kind of long-term change needed and I’m not even sure it’s healthy for you to undertake change for the sake of some asshole on the Internet.

I’m just going to solve around you and maybe engage with you if I’m in a giving mood and if that goes well, then great

Bonatogether

#1539 Post by Bonatogether » Wed May 17, 2023 2:37 pm

thanks bus-zo

President Eden

#1540 Post by President Eden » Wed May 17, 2023 2:40 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 2:37 pm
On Bonatogether vs. PE, who are the top wagons as well as voting for each other, I think PE is more likely to be mafia, based on the PE/brainbomb interaction, because I don't understand why PE reacted the way he did to some of the exchanges.

##VOTE PE
this guy for sure does not believe I would do this as mafia