Twenty Questions - Game 109

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
JECE

Re: Twenty Questions - Game 109

#141 Post by JECE » Fri Apr 28, 2023 7:04 pm

I feel like somebody should challenge sweetandcool to a duel.
See my full Profile:
http://www.webdiplomacy.net/profile.php?userID=17421

DougJoe

#142 Post by DougJoe » Thu May 04, 2023 6:44 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 2:00 pm
The correct answer is Louis L'Amour, "America's storyteller". He was an extremely prolific author of Frontier stories (also known as Westerns), and completely dominated the genre.

Personally, I think his (non-western) short stories are absolute dynamite, particularly since they relate to his real-life experiences as a boxer, hobo, sailor, soldier, and rancher.
I have heard of Louis L'Amour, but have never read any of his stuff, although I think my dad had a couple of his books. I happened to be wandering around the local library this afternoon and I saw a collection of L'Amour short stories (there's like three dozen of them in the collection) so I decided to give it a whirl. We'll see how it goes. (Side note, surprised I didn't think of Zane Grey.)

sweetandcool

#143 Post by sweetandcool » Thu May 04, 2023 6:51 pm

DougJoe wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 6:44 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
The correct answer is Louis L'Amour, "America's storyteller". He was an extremely prolific author of Frontier stories (also known as Westerns), and completely dominated the genre.

Personally, I think his (non-western) short stories are absolute dynamite, particularly since they relate to his real-life experiences as a boxer, hobo, sailor, soldier, and rancher.
I have heard of Louis L'Amour, but have never read any of his stuff, although I think my dad had a couple of his books. I happened to be wandering around the local library this afternoon and I saw a collection of L'Amour short stories (there's like three dozen of them in the collection) so I decided to give it a whirl. We'll see how it goes. (Side note, surprised I didn't think of Zane Grey.)
Oooo, which volume did you get? Fingers crossed you got volume 4, the adventure collection.

DougJoe

#144 Post by DougJoe » Thu May 04, 2023 7:48 pm

sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 6:51 pm
DougJoe wrote:
sweetandcool wrote:

Oooo, which volume did you get? Fingers crossed you got volume 4, the adventure collection.
Volume 1, they had both 1 and 2, figured I should start with one.

sweetandcool

#145 Post by sweetandcool » Thu May 04, 2023 8:00 pm

DougJoe wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 7:48 pm
sweetandcool wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 6:51 pm
DougJoe wrote:

Volume 1, they had both 1 and 2, figured I should start with one.
Ah, I see. It has been so long I can't remember the first. All but the 4th and 6th are collections of western stories. 4 and 6 are adventure and crime respectively.