M1024: Panhandlin' [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: M1024: Panhandlin' [GAME THREAD]

#1721 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:33 am

I should be absolved since I was one of the three final votes on Kak, missing out on when Flum shot them. I also never voted for Flum.

KoalaAttack

#1722 Post by KoalaAttack » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:40 am

There is pretty much no chance Fluminator is lying, right? The setup would make no sense balance-wise.

Bozo is a high-info flip. If Jamiet vs Bozo was theater they deserve lots credit for it – so I reckon that's an unpairing. Sheds some interesting light on HB whom I still suspect at Misdirecting too.

I am OK with worcej too, I only have 1 game of reference of him as a player but seems a tad different from last time. Not sure how much of it is travel or what to make of it.

Finally, can someone experienced please comment on my thoughts about this game being originally planned as a Mini and growing from there. Can we infer something about the setup / roles from there? I can see the world where the Mini would have the cool Conditional Vig role vs 2 Mafias and that's it... and then as it grew the Doctor and 3rd Mafia got added or something like that.

But I have never played a Mini or a Closed setup before so who knows.

KoalaAttack

#1723 Post by KoalaAttack » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:42 am

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:33 am
I should be absolved since I was one of the three final votes on Kak, missing out on when Flum shot them. I also never voted for Flum.
Flum, can you please clarify: were the rules that the same number of votes as there are Mafia on you trigger the power – or that Mafia players specifically had to vote on you?

I thought it was red not pink? Did I mis-understand?

bozotheclown

#1724 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:44 am

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:41 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:32 am
Fluminator wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:27 am
And my new theory is,

there are no other PRs. It's a completely vanilla game outside of my role.
Maybe, it seems just as likely as town having a conditional 2-shot vig and a standard doctor.
Could be. I don't buy his claim, but I see a win/win where he either "protects" me and I make it to final 5 as a confirmed town or I die and he's confirmed scum that way.

That said, I'm not sure who the other scum is 100%. And I suspect you'll be a miskill before the game is done so there's not much room for error lol.

I favour it being worcej, but I could see koalascum world
rdrivera would just claim to be RBed in that case.

It seems very questionable that rdrivera claimed doctor under pressure of being hammered, then everyone else claimed VT. However, reviewing D2, I think a worcej/HB combination is possible, where the plan was for worcej to pocket Jamiet and HB to pocket me, while they bus each other.

If I had a gun I would just shoot worcej today.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1725 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:44 am

It wasn’t Worcej either. He only voted for rivera on D1.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1726 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:48 am

Look through the D1 votes. What I haven’t gotten a handle on is all the joke votes.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1727 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:49 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:21 pm
See look if I ##Vote FlappyBird the bot will count that as a vote for Fluminator.
Like these…

bozotheclown

#1728 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:49 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:40 am
There is pretty much no chance Fluminator is lying, right? The setup would make no sense balance-wise.

Bozo is a high-info flip. If Jamiet vs Bozo was theater they deserve lots credit for it – so I reckon that's an unpairing. Sheds some interesting light on HB whom I still suspect at Misdirecting too.

I am OK with worcej too, I only have 1 game of reference of him as a player but seems a tad different from last time. Not sure how much of it is travel or what to make of it.

Finally, can someone experienced please comment on my thoughts about this game being originally planned as a Mini and growing from there. Can we infer something about the setup / roles from there? I can see the world where the Mini would have the cool Conditional Vig role vs 2 Mafias and that's it... and then as it grew the Doctor and 3rd Mafia got added or something like that.

I can't see the mafia having a gun. Maybe if there were 2 mafia and they could only shoot themselves, but even that would be a big advantage for mafia in a closed setup.

KoalaAttack

#1729 Post by KoalaAttack » Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:56 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:49 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:40 am

I can't see the mafia having a gun. Maybe if there were 2 mafia and they could only shoot themselves, but even that would be a big advantage for mafia in a closed setup.
Uhhh...
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:49 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:43 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:41 pm
How do you know what the ratio is? There could be only 2 mafia.
I know for a fact there's 3.
My condition was I had to have the number of mafia players alive in the game vote me. I got my power at 3 votes.
(Thank you to Jamiet and Bozo for troll voting me)
The mafia might have a power that allows them to win with the next mis-kill. They could have a shot they are saving.
Past Bozo from 2 pages ago strongly disagrees with Present Bozo? Quite Suspicious!

Fluminator

#1730 Post by Fluminator » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:03 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:42 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Flum, can you please clarify: were the rules that the same number of votes as there are Mafia on you trigger the power – or that Mafia players specifically had to vote on you?

The former

Fluminator

#1731 Post by Fluminator » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:04 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:44 am
Fluminator wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:32 am

Maybe, it seems just as likely as town having a conditional 2-shot vig and a standard doctor.
Could be. I don't buy his claim, but I see a win/win where he either "protects" me and I make it to final 5 as a confirmed town or I die and he's confirmed scum that way.

That said, I'm not sure who the other scum is 100%. And I suspect you'll be a miskill before the game is done so there's not much room for error lol.

It seems very questionable that rdrivera claimed doctor under pressure of being hammered, then everyone else claimed VT. However, reviewing D2, I think a worcej/HB combination is possible, where the plan was for worcej to pocket Jamiet and HB to pocket me, while they bus each other.

If I shoot today, and it's wrong, we have no more miskills.

Fluminator

#1732 Post by Fluminator » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:06 am

No one's been roleblocked yet. Rdr couldn't use that as an excuse.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1733 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:09 am

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:03 am
KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 2:42 am
Hamilton Brian wrote:

The former
Shit. I totally misunderstood. Suppose that would have made it that simple.

Take Rivera at his word, that leaves koala, Jamie, Worcej,bozo.

Fluminator

#1734 Post by Fluminator » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:15 am

I'm at a work conference all day tomorrow.
I'll try to check in. I think worcej is the next most suspicious to me personally.

bozotheclown

#1735 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:16 am

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:06 am
No one's been roleblocked yet. Rdr couldn't use that as an excuse.
It is not unreasonable for the mafia to have been RBing the NK.

Fluminator

#1736 Post by Fluminator » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:18 am

I still hold that if I'm NKed, and Rdr claims roleblock, you auto kill him

KoalaAttack

#1737 Post by KoalaAttack » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:18 am

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:04 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Fluminator wrote:

OK, well Flum... so I know you told me not to sheep you last game when I was EvilKoala ... but can I sheep you on whether you want to keep rdrivera alive today?

I am happy to keep my vote on rdrivera – or alternatively I can move it to Bozo who seems rather keen to get rdrivera voted and worcej shot while not keeping their story straight about Mafia playing with guns?

Fluminator

#1738 Post by Fluminator » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:21 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:18 am
Fluminator wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

OK, well Flum... so I know you told me not to sheep you last game when I was EvilKoala ... but can I sheep you on whether you want to keep rdrivera alive today?

I am happy to keep my vote on rdrivera – or alternatively I can move it to Bozo who seems rather keen to get rdrivera voted and worcej shot while not keeping their story straight about Mafia playing with guns?
I have to go for a bit. Keep questioning bozo and Rdr and see what you think you should do. Now that I'm townclear I'm in the worst position to solve the game since I have the least info.

bozotheclown

#1739 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:21 am

Fluminator wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Fluminator wrote:

It is still probably the best option, it gives us 2 chances to eliminate a mafia while there are still 5 town.

Fluminator

#1740 Post by Fluminator » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:24 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:21 am
Fluminator wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

It is still probably the best option, it gives us 2 chances to eliminate a mafia while there are still 5 town.
But we lose the info of the nightkill in between.