M1024: Panhandlin' [GAME THREAD]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: M1024: Panhandlin' [GAME THREAD]

#1821 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:09 pm

Bozo; Hamilton; Rdrivera
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1822 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:23 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:09 pm
Bozo; Hamilton; Rdrivera
Not the instructions. Duly noted.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1823 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:32 pm

Bozo:
Flum:
Hamilton B: jamie, koala, worcej
Jamie: bozo, hamilton, *
Koala:
Rivera:
Worcej:

C'mon folks.

And a ##Vote worcej as a placement

Jamiet99uk

#1824 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:39 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:23 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:09 pm
Bozo; Hamilton; Rdrivera
Not the instructions. Duly noted.
What?

I am on my phone. I thought you wanted 3 targets that weren't all on the same wagon?
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#1825 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:44 pm

Hamilton I think you are saying I'm not allowed to suspect Rdrivera?

If that's your point, I reject your instructions.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1826 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:52 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:10 pm
Fuck it.

I see a pattern developing, and I hope others pick up on it too. We know for a fact that there are two mafia remaining; at least I think we know it. Based on plums role suggestion it makes sense. There’s two left. By looking at Yesterdays pre-Rivera claim, There were either zero or one mafia on the bozo wagon. Using that metric, there are either one or two on the Rivero wagon.

I advocate that we expand the read to three names. I think my reasoning is obvious. It puts Flum under a bit more pressure to go with their gut, but I think this is better.

Choose three names. Either myself or Jamie from the bozo wagon. Choose two names from the Rivera wagon, excluding Flum (worcej,. bozo, koala)

I know I am town so killing me would be a very easy Miss kill. I know I’m not heavily town read, and my actions on the last day have really brought me to this position, and unfortunately have brought town to this position.

@Flum, sorry, you don’t deserve this kind of pressure, but I believe you will make the best decision. You're going to read a lot of static, noise, counters from other people, so probably it's a good think that you're in your meeting today. Just go with your gut. I trust you!

Sent from my iPhone
On my phone too. This isn’t about suspecting rivera. This is noting a pair of mafia on the two wagons yesterday. I think we have to take the rivera claim as genuine.

Jamiet99uk

#1827 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:53 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:52 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fuck it.

I see a pattern developing, and I hope others pick up on it too. We know for a fact that there are two mafia remaining; at least I think we know it. Based on plums role suggestion it makes sense. There’s two left. By looking at Yesterdays pre-Rivera claim, There were either zero or one mafia on the bozo wagon. Using that metric, there are either one or two on the Rivero wagon.

I advocate that we expand the read to three names. I think my reasoning is obvious. It puts Flum under a bit more pressure to go with their gut, but I think this is better.

Choose three names. Either myself or Jamie from the bozo wagon. Choose two names from the Rivera wagon, excluding Flum (worcej,. bozo, koala)

I know I am town so killing me would be a very easy Miss kill. I know I’m not heavily town read, and my actions on the last day have really brought me to this position, and unfortunately have brought town to this position.

@Flum, sorry, you don’t deserve this kind of pressure, but I believe you will make the best decision. You're going to read a lot of static, noise, counters from other people, so probably it's a good think that you're in your meeting today. Just go with your gut. I trust you!

Sent from my iPhone
On my phone too. This isn’t about suspecting rivera. This is noting a pair of mafia on the two wagons yesterday. I think we have to take the rivera claim as genuine.
OK then.

With some reluctance:

Bozo, Hamilton, Koala.

But I consider Koala a null.

Fluminator

#1828 Post by Fluminator » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:59 pm

Brian, you no longer think bozo is scum?

bozotheclown

#1829 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:00 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fuck it.

Sent from my iPhone
I am not sure what you are asking for in the 3, if it is our top 3 scum suspects, I would not exclude rdrivera only because he had not placed a D3 vote.

bozotheclown

#1830 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:01 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fuck it.

Sent from my iPhone
I do not give rdrivera's claim much weight considering he would have been DKed if he did not claim to be a PR.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1831 Post by Hamilton Brian » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:06 pm

Fluminator wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:59 pm
It’s a null for me.

Out right now so it’ll be dodgy.

bozotheclown

#1832 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:13 pm

We are likely never going to be able to resolve rdrivera's claim, so he should not be out of consideration for the DK or vig shot. I don't see any reason why 2 PRs is more likely than 1, so we should not disregard the reasons rdrivera was under pressure in the first place.

Jamiet99uk

#1833 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:16 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:06 pm
Fluminator wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:59 pm
It’s a null for me.

Out right now so it’ll be dodgy.
What will be dodgy...?

worcej

#1834 Post by worcej » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:32 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:13 pm
We are likely never going to be able to resolve rdrivera's claim, so he should not be out of consideration for the DK or vig shot. I don't see any reason why 2 PRs is more likely than 1, so we should not disregard the reasons rdrivera was under pressure in the first place.
This is the most towny thing I have heard from bozo

KoalaAttack

#1835 Post by KoalaAttack » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:34 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:33 pm
=
In regards to setup size and PR structure, it’s complicated. The easiest thing as games grow in size is to add VT and Goons to keep a close 3:1 ratio of town:scum. Adding PRs takes a review of the powers in play and what would happen in best and worst case scenarios and how likely they were to occur
Thanks for that. So when you submit a game for review, you don't submit conditional scenarios based on player numbers upfront – and instead re-review as the game grows?

worcej

#1836 Post by worcej » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:35 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:53 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fuck it.

Sent from my iPhone
OK then.

With some reluctance:

Bozo, Hamilton, Koala.

But I consider Koala a null.
Problem with going to 3 is duplicate lists. Mine is the same as Jamie’s here

worcej

#1837 Post by worcej » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:40 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:34 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 12:33 pm
=
In regards to setup size and PR structure, it’s complicated. The easiest thing as games grow in size is to add VT and Goons to keep a close 3:1 ratio of town:scum. Adding PRs takes a review of the powers in play and what would happen in best and worst case scenarios and how likely they were to occur
Thanks for that. So when you submit a game for review, you don't submit conditional scenarios based on player numbers upfront – and instead re-review as the game grows?
I submit mine with contingencies such as last game where if it got to 14+ players, add this role etc

KoalaAttack

#1838 Post by KoalaAttack » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:42 pm

Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fuck it.

Sent from my iPhone
Since HB said they like to share their stream of thoughts thinking with the group, I'll do the same. Here is how this post translates in my mind:

HB: Hi everyone, I have an awesome plan
HB: everyone list 2 names and yada yada
HB watches the votes roll in
HB does not like what they are seeing
HB: Scratch that everyone, new awesome plan
HB: everyone list 3 names and yada yada

Jamiet99uk

#1839 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:48 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:42 pm
Hamilton Brian wrote:
Fuck it.

Sent from my iPhone
Since HB said they like to share their stream of thoughts thinking with the group, I'll do the same. Here is how this post translates in my mind:

HB: Hi everyone, I have an awesome plan
HB: everyone list 2 names and yada yada
HB watches the votes roll in
HB does not like what they are seeing
HB: Scratch that everyone, new awesome plan
HB: everyone list 3 names and yada yada
It do look a bit that way.

KoalaAttack

#1840 Post by KoalaAttack » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:49 pm

Fluminator: unfortunately I am working and do not have time to do a proper reset re-read of Bozo & worcej before EOD... So, if you forced me to choose, I'd say Bozo over worcej

HB: Suspicious and confusing. I strongly dislike making a list of 3 because this assumes my list is not going to change based on the result of a kill.

If Flum is shooting, would it not make sense to time the shot with enough time for folks to potentially reconsider their lists based on results of the shot before EOD happens?

For example, I would say my top 3 suspects are Bozo, worcej and HB assuming I believe rdrivera claim for the time being. But let's say Bozo or worcej get shot and flip Town – well, I'd be very inclined to revisit believing the rdrivera claim in a much more critical light.