MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
KoalaAttack

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#3541 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:41 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:08 pm
BK3K wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:41 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:43 pm

Yeah.

I'm torn on Eden. I think he's quite off his normal town game, but I also think that could just be because he doesn't have the time to focus into mafia? But if he's mafia, why does he move to bus ghug there? Ghug is a valuable mafia to be alive, and it's hard for me to imagine he does that when he would be an expected nightkill as soon as like tonight or tomorrow.
This instinctually feels thin to me. I don't know Eden's normal style, but he's asking the most active here, so saying he doesn't have time to focus on on mania feelss really disingenuous. Also, it sounds like bussing at least one scum is to be expected.
I agree, I don't know how anyone could say this about PE regardless of his alignment.
Me 3 – especially given that we do still have the likes of lfischl around. If I look at the posting statistics the bot provides, the line between who is engaged vs not seems very, very clear.

President Eden

#3542 Post by President Eden » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:02 pm

I’m likely going to switch to one of Chaqa or TFB, but I can’t make up my mind which. Both have great arguments for being scum yet enough little tonal things that give me pause

I think I’m vaguely leaning Chaqa because I think TFB’s view on me is more committal, which is where I think scum is less likely to be (because they need to keep their miskill options open here, especially if I’m available).

I keep wanting to punt the question in the hopes either will obvtown, but that seems diminishingly likely to happen, both from a time perspective and their behavior perspective

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3543 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:09 pm

Eden, why are Lfischl and B3K not on your radar for today?

KoalaAttack

#3544 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:17 pm

OK, I went back to check and I remembered correctly. Consider this:
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:36 am
I do applied machine learning stuff at work
That is a form of hardcore Data Science for anyone non-technical on here.

vs this:
KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:41 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
BK3K wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 4:41 pm

This instinctually feels thin to me. I don't know Eden's normal style, but he's asking the most active here, so saying he doesn't have time to focus on on mania feelss really disingenuous. Also, it sounds like bussing at least one scum is to be expected.
I agree, I don't know how anyone could say this about PE regardless of his alignment.
Me 3 – especially given that we do still have the likes of lfischl around. If I look at the posting statistics the bot provides, the line between who is engaged vs not seems very, very clear.

Any Data Scientist worth their salt should subscribe to the Sacred Religion of "data does not lie" – speaking as one. And for a Data Scientist to make an off-handed claim that directly contradicts such amazingly-clean data so easily available at their fingertips thanks to a Peter Lund is Suspicious as hell.

KoalaAttack

#3545 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:19 pm

It lost the original quote from Chaqa – I'm talking about this:
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 3:43 pm
Yeah.

I'm torn on Eden. I think he's quite off his normal town game, but I also think that could just be because he doesn't have the time to focus into mafia? But if he's mafia, why does he move to bus ghug there? Ghug is a valuable mafia to be alive, and it's hard for me to imagine he does that when he would be an expected nightkill as soon as like tonight or tomorrow.
Completely irrespective of President Eden's alignment.

President Eden

#3546 Post by President Eden » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:21 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:09 pm
Eden, why are Lfischl and B3K not on your radar for today?
Honestly, they probably should be.

They just feel like total crapshoots lol. And at some point I know I have to get over that, but it’s hard dude

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3547 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:24 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:17 pm
Chaqa wrote:

vs this:
KoalaAttack wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

Any Data Scientist worth their salt should subscribe to the Sacred Religion of "data does not lie" – speaking as one. And for a Data Scientist to make an off-handed claim that directly contradicts such amazingly-clean data so easily available at their fingertips thanks to a Peter Lund is Suspicious as hell.
I'm not actually the data scientist. I write the APIs and jobs that interface with the data science stuff.

President Eden

#3548 Post by President Eden » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:25 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:17 pm
Chaqa wrote:

vs this:
KoalaAttack wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

I can assure you that this is quintessential Chaqa, whatever his alignment. I would caution against making carelessness the foundation of your suspicion of him lol

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3549 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:26 pm

Lfischl got to final 3 doing this two games ago and I let him get away with it.

President Eden

#3550 Post by President Eden » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:31 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:26 pm
that is true and 100% on my mind.

Wish we had more miskills so we’re not instantly at KILO if we’re wrong. Not pointing any fingers though. Just sucks to pay the lfischl tax like this if we do

KoalaAttack

#3551 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:33 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:24 pm
I'm not actually the data scientist. I write the APIs and jobs that interface with the data science stuff.
Cool! What stack?

KoalaAttack

#3552 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:34 pm

Chaqa wrote:
What is "this" ? Lurking? They did that last game too, also won as Mafia (though they died before the final 3).

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3553 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:35 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:31 pm
Chaqa wrote:

Wish we had more miskills so we’re not instantly at KILO if we’re wrong. Not pointing any fingers though. Just sucks to pay the lfischl tax like this if we do
Imagine how much it's on my mind when I made the mistake

President Eden

#3554 Post by President Eden » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:36 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:35 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:31 pm
Chaqa wrote:

Imagine how much it's on my mind when I made the mistake
Has to be, like, 200%, even

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3555 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:43 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:33 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Cool! What stack?
I do all the Java stuff and sometimes dabble into React, but that's mostly on the product team.

You're not gonna believe this but I forget what the data science guys use. I mostly deal with it from an application side. The last cool-ish thing I did was just hooking up some of our stuff to the OpenAI API for testing what we can use it for.

KoalaAttack

#3556 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:48 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:43 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
Cool! What stack?
I do all the Java stuff and sometimes dabble into React, but that's mostly on the product team.

You're not gonna believe this but I forget what the data science guys use. I mostly deal with it from an application side. The last cool-ish thing I did was just hooking up some of our stuff to the OpenAI API for testing what we can use it for.
Super neat!! This has nothing to do with Mafia, but were their APIs easy to work with? I was thinking of doing a spike on that as well...

The very interesting thing about ChatGPT that no-one talks about is that Open AI put it out as a freebie beta trial – it will be very interesting to see what kind of monetization model they will adopt later. Looking at the Pricing for their existing offerings, it's a very Twilio-like volume-base approach. But the price-point becomes really important in that world at scale.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3557 Post by Chaqa » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:54 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:48 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:43 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:

Cool! What stack?

Super neat!! This has nothing to do with Mafia, but were their APIs easy to work with? I was thinking of doing a spike on that as well...

The very interesting thing about ChatGPT that no-one talks about is that Open AI put it out as a freebie beta trial – it will be very interesting to see what kind of monetization model they will adopt later. Looking at the Pricing for their existing offerings, it's a very Twilio-like volume-base approach. But the price-point becomes really important in that world at scale.
It's pretty easy, you basically just add their JAR to your pom or w/e other build tool you may use and then you just it just like any other outside service.

We're hooked up with some sort of subscription. The return times aren't great. Even moderately complex ad requests or marketing email prompts can take like 45-60 seconds.

BK3K

#3558 Post by BK3K » Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:57 pm

My instincts keep telling me to vote for Eden. I don't want to get it wrong tho, fml

KoalaAttack

#3559 Post by KoalaAttack » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:06 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:54 pm
It's pretty easy, you basically just add their JAR to your pom or w/e other build tool you may use and then you just it just like any other outside service.

We're hooked up with some sort of subscription. The return times aren't great. Even moderately complex ad requests or marketing email prompts can take like 45-60 seconds.
Awesome, thanks for sharing. Today, Mafia has benefited my work.

Speaking of which, I have about another hour before I go into another meeting galore, which will run through the EOD. And as fun as this is, I'm not un-minimizing the tab on a Zoom call with a customer.

So I have about 1 more hour to decide whether to just keep my vote parked on Chaqa in hopes of a late Chaqa-wagon tide rise, or shift it elsewhere. President Eden, lfischl, Bona are all Suspects. rdrivera is jumping the shark as Suspiciously-non-Suspect. TFB is the high-info flip, but so was Damo and we have fewer MKs left and I am extremely wary of repeating the mistake. Aaaaahhhh, later parts of Mafia are more & more stressful!

President Eden

#3560 Post by President Eden » Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:22 pm

Boy it sure smells like fucking NERD in here