MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
KoalaAttack

Re: MAFIA 78: Random Facts [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#3281 Post by KoalaAttack » Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:59 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:02 pm
The kilt has come to signify a natural and unmistakable masculinity, but it has a long history of outside intervention and deliberate reinvention. From its origins as the basic garb of the Highlander, Scotsmen and many non-Scotsmen alike have embraced it as uniform, formal and semi-formal wear, and casual everyday wear. The kilt’s ability to remain recognizable while responding to changing circumstances and consumer demands has been instrumental in maintaining its popularity through successive generations and, increasingly, throughout the world.

The kilt as we know it today originated in the first quarter of the eighteenth century. Known to the Gaelic-speaking Highlander as the “little wrap” (feileadh beag), it evolved from the “big wrap” (feileadh mor), or belted plaid, the first identifiably “Scottish” costume that emerged in the late sixteenth century. Earlier, the Scottish Gaels had worn the same clothes as their Irish counterparts, namely a shirt known in Gaelic as the léine and a semi-circular mantle known in Gaelic as the brat.
The belted plaid consisted of a four- to six-yard length of woolen cloth about two yards wide. In Highland Costume (1977), John Telfer Dunbar explains how the belted plaid was arranged on the body. It was laid out on the ground and gathered in folds with a plain section left at each side. The man lay down on it with one selvage at about knee level, and fastened it with a belt. When he stood up, the lower part was like a kilt, and the upper part could be draped around the body in a variety of different styles. Several dress historians, however, have discounted this method on the grounds of impracticality. They propose that the most pragmatic and time-effective method was to gather the pleats in the hand, pass the plaid around the body, secure it loosely with the belt, and then tighten it after a final adjustment of the pleats.
The kilt as worn today is the lower half of the belted plaid with the back pleats stitched up. Its invention is credited to Thomas Rawlinson, an English ironmaster who employed Highlanders to work his furnaces in Glengarry near Inverness. Finding the belted plaid cumbersome, he conceived of the “little kilt” on the grounds of efficiency and practicality, a means of bringing the Highlanders “out of the heather and into the factory.”1 However, as Dorothy K. Burnham asserts in Cut My Cote (1997), it is more likely that the transformation came about as the natural result of a change from the warp-weighted loom to the horizontal loom with its narrower width.

Not long after the kilt’s invention, the Diskilting Act was enacted in the wake of the Jacobite Uprising of 1745. This rebellion, organized by Prince Charles Edward Stuart (Bonnie Prince Charlie), marked the final attempt by the Jacobites to regain the British throne. As in the previous Jacobite risings, the “Young Pretender” sought and won the support of many Highland chiefs and their clans. When the Jacobites were defeated at the Battle of Culloden (1746) by the Duke of Cumberland and his troops, a campaign of “pacification” of the Highlands was undertaken “beginning with fire and the sword, and leading on into social engineering of various kinds.” The latter included the proscription of Highland costume, which was seen as a symbol of rebellion and primitive savagery.
=-=-=-=-=-
BRAINBOMB IS DEAD. HE WAS A VALLINA TOWNIE, or A VANILLA TOWNIE
IT IS NOW DAYTIME and you may resume posting
Poop again – but the expected obvious play form my POV.

Does this mean that Mafia is just doing standard things? Or are they happy to reinforce brainbomb's theories? That would be Townie points for rdrivera I guess?

Despite brainbomb suspecting me for asking questions – would you normally expect Mafia team to kill the 100% Confirmed Townie here regardless of their theories, or would you expect them to play on the theories more?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3282 Post by Chaqa » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:00 pm

##Vote Lfischl

Placeholder vote, I’ll be around a bit tomorrow

KoalaAttack

#3283 Post by KoalaAttack » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:01 pm

BK3K wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:12 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:10 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 6:06 am
So we breathe sanity back into the game

TOWN
bozo
koala
rdrivera
bona
eden
neon

NULL
lfischl
BK

Scum
TheFlyingBoat
Damo
Chaqa
These N2 reads might have been good enough to draw the NK.
Except for not damo
Good point BK3K – a somewhat Suspicious mistake from highly-logic-driven Bozo.

KoalaAttack

#3284 Post by KoalaAttack » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:04 pm

Yeah, so I would not say I'm completely unmovable – but I have learned my lessons about sheeping the crowd...

##VOTE Chaqa

my Suspect #1 and hope I'm right!

bozotheclown

#3285 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:25 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:56 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:59 pm
Now knowing damo was town, I think it is less likely ghug was bussed D2, but it is possible PE or rdrivera were just trying to distance vote him not expecting him to be in contention at EOD and decided it was best to follow through with the bus.

I still think ghug was trying to divert votes from someone D1 EOD, and TFB, Chaqa, and Bonatogether are all possible. I still suspect TFB the most because ghug was listing him in his scum reads.

lfischl is looking more suspicious, by POE if nothing else, but the way lfischl voted Chaqa D1 when Chaqa was a wagon would be atypical for lfischl if both he and Chaqa were mafia, so maybe one or the other is mafia.

I am starting to think it is possible KoalaAttack is putting in a lot of effort as mafia and asking question to come across as town.
Wait, are you saying lfischl and Chaqa are an Unpairing, as opposed to a Pairing? Hmm...
Yes, I don't think I have seen lfischl bus like that as mafia.

TheFlyingBoat

#3286 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:25 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:58 pm
This is going to sound really pathetic...but I just don't know who the last three can be.

D1
Final Vote Count:
BunnyGo (9) brainbomb, Fluminator, Bonatog​ether, damo666, BK3K, TheFlyingBoat, KoalaAttack, lfischl, g​hug
Bonatogether (4) swordsman3003/Neon, President Eden, BunnyGo, Chaqa
TheFlyingBoat (2) bozotheclown, rdr​ivera2005

D2
Final Vote Count:
ghug (5) rdrivera2005, brainbomb, Presiden​t Eden, damo666, bozotheclown
damo666 (3) TheFlyingBoat, B​onatogether, ghug
President Eden (2) BK3K, lfischl
BK3K (1) KoalaAttack
KoalaAtt​ack (1) Chaqa

D3
FINAL VOTE COUNT

damo666 (10) - President Eden*, Chaqa*, TheFlyingBoat, Bonatogether, Rdrivera2005, BK3K*, brainbomb, KoalaAttack, Lfischl, bozotheclown

Chaqa (1) - Prncess Neon*

TheFlyingBoat (1) - Damo666

Like I look at this and I see the team based on the votes being something like ghug/chaqa/rdr/lfischl, but I don't fully like it. Will think on it more, but I am admittedly overwhelmed with 2 jobs rn and don't really feel confident in myself rn. I'll get over it soon prolly, but I don't know how I could have been wrong there.
So I've been starting at this and the bot like a hopeless soothsayer and honestly I don't think rdr or bozo bussed ghug. I still don't get why ghug didn't force the MK on damo and maybe even stretch for one after that. I just can't figure out who goes into the rdr slot. Like why did ghug feel like he had to leave the Bona wagon for Bunny when the result was fait accompli? I don't think it is Eden bussing and Neon is apparently town based on claims, so did ghug really flip to make 3 on the primary wagon and 1 on the counter?

If so ghug/chaqa/BK3K/lfischl makes sense?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#3287 Post by dargorygel » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:25 pm

Whenever you see blood outside your body, it looks red. Why?
Human blood is red because of the protein hemoglobin, which contains a red-colored compound called heme that’s crucial for carrying oxygen through your bloodstream. Heme contains an iron atom which binds to oxygen; it’s this molecule that transports oxygen from your lungs to other parts of the body.
Chemicals appear particular colors to our eyes based on the wavelengths of light they reflect. Hemoglobin bound to oxygen absorbs blue-green light, which means that it reflects red-orange light into our eyes, appearing red. That’s why blood turns bright cherry red when oxygen binds to its iron. Without oxygen connected, blood is a darker red color.
Carbon monoxide, a potentially deadly gas, can also bind to heme, with a bond around 200 times stronger than that of oxygen. With carbon monoxide in place, oxygen can’t bind to hemoglobin, which can lead to death. Because the carbon monoxide doesn’t let go of the heme, your blood stays cherry red, sometimes making a victim of carbon monoxide poisoning appear rosy-cheeked even in death.

Sometimes blood can look blue through our skin. Maybe you’ve heard that blood is blue in our veins because when headed back to the lungs, it lacks oxygen. But this is wrong; human blood is never blue. The bluish color of veins is only an optical illusion. Blue light does not penetrate as far into tissue as red light. If the blood vessel is sufficiently deep, your eyes see more blue than red reflected light due to the blood’s partial absorption of red wavelengths.
But blue blood does exist elsewhere in the animal world. It’s common in animals such as squid and horseshoe crabs, whose blood relies on a chemical called hemocyanin, which contains a copper atom, to carry oxygen. Green, clear and even purple blood are seen in other animals. Each of these different blood types uses a different molecule to carry oxygen rather than the hemoglobin we use.

Vote Count
(Chaqa) 3: Eden, fish, KA
(President Eden) 1: bona
(TheFlyingBoat) 1: bozo
(lfischl) 1: Chaqa

Chaqa’s blood may soon be spilt.

LOTS of time left
MANY have not voted.

bozotheclown

#3288 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:27 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:59 pm
dargorygel wrote:
The kilt has come to signify a natural and unmistakable masculinity, but it has a long history of outside intervention and deliberate reinvention. From its origins as the basic garb of the Highlander, Scotsmen and many non-Scotsmen alike have embraced it as uniform, formal and semi-formal wear, and casual everyday wear. The kilt’s ability to remain recognizable while responding to changing circumstances and consumer demands has been instrumental in maintaining its popularity through successive generations and, increasingly, throughout the world.

The kilt as we know it today originated in the first quarter of the eighteenth century. Known to the Gaelic-speaking Highlander as the “little wrap” (feileadh beag), it evolved from the “big wrap” (feileadh mor), or belted plaid, the first identifiably “Scottish” costume that emerged in the late sixteenth century. Earlier, the Scottish Gaels had worn the same clothes as their Irish counterparts, namely a shirt known in Gaelic as the léine and a semi-circular mantle known in Gaelic as the brat.
The belted plaid consisted of a four- to six-yard length of woolen cloth about two yards wide. In Highland Costume (1977), John Telfer Dunbar explains how the belted plaid was arranged on the body. It was laid out on the ground and gathered in folds with a plain section left at each side. The man lay down on it with one selvage at about knee level, and fastened it with a belt. When he stood up, the lower part was like a kilt, and the upper part could be draped around the body in a variety of different styles. Several dress historians, however, have discounted this method on the grounds of impracticality. They propose that the most pragmatic and time-effective method was to gather the pleats in the hand, pass the plaid around the body, secure it loosely with the belt, and then tighten it after a final adjustment of the pleats.
The kilt as worn today is the lower half of the belted plaid with the back pleats stitched up. Its invention is credited to Thomas Rawlinson, an English ironmaster who employed Highlanders to work his furnaces in Glengarry near Inverness. Finding the belted plaid cumbersome, he conceived of the “little kilt” on the grounds of efficiency and practicality, a means of bringing the Highlanders “out of the heather and into the factory.”1 However, as Dorothy K. Burnham asserts in Cut My Cote (1997), it is more likely that the transformation came about as the natural result of a change from the warp-weighted loom to the horizontal loom with its narrower width.

Not long after the kilt’s invention, the Diskilting Act was enacted in the wake of the Jacobite Uprising of 1745. This rebellion, organized by Prince Charles Edward Stuart (Bonnie Prince Charlie), marked the final attempt by the Jacobites to regain the British throne. As in the previous Jacobite risings, the “Young Pretender” sought and won the support of many Highland chiefs and their clans. When the Jacobites were defeated at the Battle of Culloden (1746) by the Duke of Cumberland and his troops, a campaign of “pacification” of the Highlands was undertaken “beginning with fire and the sword, and leading on into social engineering of various kinds.” The latter included the proscription of Highland costume, which was seen as a symbol of rebellion and primitive savagery.
=-=-=-=-=-

Does this mean that Mafia is just doing standard things? Or are they happy to reinforce brainbomb's theories? That would be Townie points for rdrivera I guess?

Despite brainbomb suspecting me for asking questions – would you normally expect Mafia team to kill the 100% Confirmed Townie here regardless of their theories, or would you expect them to play on the theories more?
Since the doctor can't save a player 2 nights in a row, that was the only safe NK for them, and also the one they wanted N2 even before being a town clear.

President Eden

#3289 Post by President Eden » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:30 pm

lfischl wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:16 pm
##vote chaqa
Hi, Mr. Fish, buddy...

I'd really like to understand how your brain works. Talk to me about how your view of the game has evolved. In particular...

- You voted pretty aggressively EOD1 to protect Bona rather than to get a suspect. Is Bona still town? Do you have any thoughts about him, new or old?

- You voted me at a pretty pivotal moment, when I was a counterwagon to damo and mafia ghug. You don't mention me before or after this. What led you to suspect me and what led you to drop it?

- You seemingly were willing to vote with damo to save him D2, yet you voted him out D3 apparently just by following the crowd. What was your view on damo and what led to this change?

- You have been pretty consistent on Chaqa since D1, but I am curious - why are you also seemingly prioritizing TFB over other non-Chaqa votes?

KoalaAttack

#3290 Post by KoalaAttack » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:32 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:27 pm
KoalaAttack wrote:
Since the doctor can't save a player 2 nights in a row, that was the only safe NK for them, and also the one they wanted N2 even before being a town clear.
Makes sense – so don't read into brainbomb's suspicions one way or another, it's NAI.

Thank you

President Eden

#3291 Post by President Eden » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:37 pm

KoalaAttack wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:32 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
KoalaAttack wrote:
Makes sense – so don't read into brainbomb's suspicions one way or another, it's NAI.

Thank you
Idk about that part. The D2 stuff could be alignment indicative.

Princess Neon

#3292 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:41 pm

##VOTE Chaqa

##END

Princess Neon

#3293 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:42 pm

I think it's pretty basic vote analysis to realize Ghug was bussed

But *shrugs*

Princess Neon

#3294 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:43 pm

It's probably not both Bozo and RDR like I said but I can't figure out which one is wolfier and I do think it's one of them

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#3295 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:20 am

bozotheclown wrote:
KoalaAttack wrote:
dargorygel wrote:

=-=-=-=-=-

Yes, Brain was the obvious nightkill if they didn't believe Neon claim or if Neon is scum. Anyway, it will probably be sorted sooner or later.

Bonatogether

#3296 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:18 am

President Eden wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:47 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:40 am
1) i'm 100% you didn't stay on course, because i literally just reread your entire post history and posted receipts, which you now refuse to read
Based on what I did read, you're probably making shit up, so I'm not going to read it. 8-)
Bonatogether wrote:
2) you probably don't even know the westernmost territory of canada
Unless one of the random islands in the far north happens to be the westernmost point of Canada, I think it's Yukon. I actually thought my family might have been from there until I realized Yukon is a town in Oklahoma near OKC
Bonatogether wrote:
3) 'making a big post explaining why someone is scum isn't a case' is the most mindblowingly cringe take i've EVER seen someone unironically post in a mafia thread. i don't even know what to say to something like this
That's clearly not what that post or the surrounding discussion is.
Bonatogether wrote:
4) ???? you're literally high. i focused on myself because it was the one i could talk about most easily. i can pull receipts for any number of other people. also, taking a break from the thread isn't scummy lmfao. what the fuck are you talking about.

literally you're the incoherent one. what is this last part even saying?
I didn't say taking a break from the thread was. Let me back up and put this at high school level for you.

You accused me of not having a consistent stance on you.
You have vacillated between being basically gone from the thread for two days, coasting through the thread at various points, and putting out real effort reminiscent of your town game (notwithstanding the horrible wall I didn't bother finishing to read).
You have not behaved consistently. Why would I have a consistent stance on you?
yukon suk on deez nuts

you're literally just denying the point and nothing else

firstly - saying i'm inconsistent is wrong. i'm literally the same person in different conditions that have no bearing on the game, so idk what your point is there. secondly, and more importantly, you go from 'near locktown' on me to 'null'. what happened there? what caused you to discredit your 'near locktown' read to cause me back to move into the pile of nothing?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3297 Post by Chaqa » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:18 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:41 pm
##VOTE Chaqa

##END
Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:42 pm
I think it's pretty basic vote analysis to realize Ghug was bussed

But *shrugs*
OK, so who is the busser, because it surely isn't me.

Bonatogether

#3298 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:21 am

President Eden wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:49 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:42 am
President Eden wrote:
Wed Feb 22, 2023 4:35 am

maybe if you weren't too busy going "how do i spin this" to my entire fucking iso through D3 you'd have noticed that I did in fact do a review of several active players...
cite posts please. there's literally nothing in d3 that's a review of an active player
I literally said it was tonight. Which is N3.
That's my entire point. You stopped reading at D3
President Eden wrote:
Tue Feb 21, 2023 11:48 pm
Big Huge Case Against Chaqa

- swordsman -> Neon
- Chaqa
- rdrivera2005
- bozotheclown

I removed Neon from consideration for two reasons.

That obviously leaves Chaqa, rdrivera, and bozo.

Bozo is the least likely scum of that pool based on his comparatively extensive interactions with ghug during the night phase.

rdrivera actually had more extensive interaction with ghug than Chaqa did,
do you mean this post? because your control-f of ghug in the isos of chaqa, bozo, and rdr hardly constitute a 'reread of several active players'

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3299 Post by Chaqa » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:22 am

It's probably just Lfischl, BK3K, and like Eden or Bona.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3300 Post by Chaqa » Thu Feb 23, 2023 1:23 am

I don't mind Eden sussing me but the case on me wasn't even about me