MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: MAFIA 77: RETURN TO THE WEST [GAME THREAD] - [HIDDEN]

#681 Post by worcej » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:02 am

Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:55 pm
@worcej, please solve the game today and tell us the solution.

#solvethegamesavetheworld
#savethecheerleader
We need more meat here, so let’s get rid of the meat hog.

##vote Chaqa

Primarily because I am curious if Chaqa’s disingenuous push on me was an effort to cover for damo and lfischl’s wagons on D1. Secondary because OMGUS

worcej

#682 Post by worcej » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:05 am

KoalaAttack wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:34 pm
Oh gosh, phpBB’s UI is killing me. OK, as requested by a few people - here are all the relevant posts for KoalaAttack’s hypothesis of Worcej being Mafia:

Koala:
I am not sure how to contribute to this grand discussion, so I will now role-play my username.
A sleepy koala awakens...
I have 3 silly questions and 1 real one for the town-folk:
…irrelevant…
Bonus Wisdom) Forget Oxy, Eucalyptus is where it's at.
... back to sleep now.

ghug:
…irrelevant…
Do you have any thoughts on other players? I know it can be a bit overwhelming, but you're not tied to any of your opinions, it helps us read you if you're saying things, and it's good to get conversation flowing in general.

Koala:
Oh wait! I have another thought on players. You should never kill koalas, or vote to kill koalas. Being a koala-killer is a truly horrible thing to do, and should always be avoided if you have a shred of decency in your heart.

Worcej:
I find this more off-putting than probably anyone else here - but this just seems too over the top for my liking.

BunnyGo:
Don't kill the new guy D1...I don't care if he asks "what does it mean when my PM tells me who all my teammates are, doesn't that make the game easy?"

Worcej:
Everyone assumes I am saying we should kill someone when I point at something negative from a player...
Just saying it was a little much and makes me go |Emoji|

Hamilton Brian:
Smacks of newness to me. I think it was my approach in my first game. Not like this exactly but a joviality.

Koala:
Haha, I have two thoughts:
(1) You actually read the koala guilt-trip post as serious? Even after I explicitly announced I'll be role-playing a koala? Suspicious.
(2) I appreciate the sentiment to now kill the newbie on day 1. But holy crap, there are a lot of posts to go through. I don't mind if y'all kill me early, there is a small chance I might have bitten off more than I can chew given the sheer volume of posts on here coupled with the seeming expectaion of folks to stay really on top of them all!
PS: But if you do, you will still live the rest of your life knowing you are a koala-killer. |Emoji|

Ghug:
Fewer excuses and apologies, more thoughts!
(I know it's hard, we're all insane.)

Koala:
I'm trying re more thoughts. I thought that (1) was a thought, pun intended – someone reading an obvious joke post seriously is suspicious. I stand by that.
And there were no apologies. Not sure there is anything to apologize for?

Koala:
Also, since ghug asked me for more thoughts, I think it will be interesting to see what, if anything, is ghug's reaction to my hypothesis of worcej reading an obvious-joke post as serious being suspicious!

Ghug:
Worcej isn't the best reader, but I think he was more taking issue with it seeming kind of tryhardy, which I'm indifferent to.
Who do you think was most responsible for pyxxy's death?

Koala:
Interesting, but reading it as tryhardy only applies if you take it as non-fluff. Personally, I thought my original post was sooo clearly jumping the shark it was obviously on the same level of NAI relevance as steak or citizenship discussions. But I invite everyone to judge for themselves!
Also, you folks are giving me pressure to engage, but without knowing others so well the earlier assessment by Hamilton Brian of taking joviality as an approach to “break the ice” is indeed accurate.
Now, if worcej is an experienced player, which is the impression I’m getting – they probably saw other new players take a similar approach before. So the question in my mind is “is this a poor read by an experienced player, or something deeper going on?”
On the other hand, if worcej is just that kind of guy/gal who makes fun of a new person at a party for trying to break the ice, then that kind of makes me want to
##VOTE worcej
anyway, if we are going with Balki’s suggestion of the binding vote for the Gambler. But I’m going to give them the benefit of the doubt and just assume they are Mafia.
(Sorry if you end up being town after all worcej)
To answer your question of who is most responsible, according to
http://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/game_st ... =day&num=1 I’d say either Ham who broke the 4-way tie of 2s, bo_ who broke the 2-way tie of 3s, or yav who locked it in.
I don’t have enough Mafia experience to know if breaking the tie of “locking it in” tends to weigh more – so I defer to the group’s judgement on that.

Koala:
While this splendid discussion has been happening, no-one engaged on my detailed post outlining the rationale why I think worjec is Mafia in response to ghug.
I mean, I totally 100% get why worjec would prefer to paper over that and move on to the next topic, especially if they really are Mafia – but what about everyone else?
Happy to hear reasons why my logic is flawed and I am wrong. Happy to hear agreement with my rationale. Happy to hear feedback that I'm doing it wrong.
But I kind of want to hear... something?
Because at the point I am kind of bored – can I just vote for myself tomorrow y'all? It's really not fun keeping up with a gigantic thread of posts that don't engage on your ideas at all after several folks have suggested participating in discussions more.
Where is there a case in here for me to be mafia? You’re just summarizing posts…

BunnyGo

#683 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:25 am

worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:02 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

#savethecheerleader

##vote Chaqa

Primarily because I am curious if Chaqa’s disingenuous push on me was an effort to cover for damo and lfischl’s wagons on D1. Secondary because OMGUS
Do you not believe his watcher claim?

BunnyGo

#684 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:25 am

@worcej more seriously, why do you call his push on you disingenuous?

bozotheclown

#685 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:33 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:02 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:59 am
Here is a thing:

Only Town can benefit from correctly guessing the next daychop. Plus, we likely have a higher ratio of Town:Scum in this night phase than we will during the day phase.

So…

Let’s do a binding vote during this night phase about who we chop tomorrow. Then we end hammer tomorrow the leading vote getter (narrow exception here if results of night actions reveals a wolf).

This way, we ensure that our gambler (if we have one) gets their items, and we vote to kill at a time when a greater majority of the game is Town.

##vote BunnyGo
Dude...is your entire thing with me that you misunderstood my second post? Are you really that bad at this game? It's kinda annoying at this point.

Your stupid conclusion to the day was "I'm voting for a guy...so it must be correct because I know I'm town, so that's correct." Like...play or don't, but people said you had a head on your shoulders. I'm not seeing it.

And ffs, can you be done with whatever shenanigans you've got going with your fake claim? Can you unclaim it yet? Or is that gonna go a bit longer...
Who are the "people" you were referring to? Do you not have your own opinion on Balki from past experience?

bozotheclown

#686 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:34 am

yavuzovic wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:50 pm
I will also ##VOTE damo666
I don't like the votes.
What votes did you not like when you said this?

worcej

#687 Post by worcej » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:35 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:25 am
Because what is his reasoning for pushing me to begin with?

worcej

#688 Post by worcej » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:36 am

BunnyGo wrote:
worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:02 am
Balki Bartokomous wrote:

#savethecheerleader

##vote Chaqa

Do you not believe his watcher claim?
I do not believe his claim and suspect that scum feels the same.

BunnyGo

#689 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:38 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:33 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Balki Bartokomous wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:59 am
Here is a thing:

Only Town can benefit from correctly guessing the next daychop. Plus, we likely have a higher ratio of Town:Scum in this night phase than we will during the day phase.

So…

Let’s do a binding vote during this night phase about who we chop tomorrow. Then we end hammer tomorrow the leading vote getter (narrow exception here if results of night actions reveals a wolf).

This way, we ensure that our gambler (if we have one) gets their items, and we vote to kill at a time when a greater majority of the game is Town.

##vote BunnyGo
Dude...is your entire thing with me that you misunderstood my second post? Are you really that bad at this game? It's kinda annoying at this point.

Your stupid conclusion to the day was "I'm voting for a guy...so it must be correct because I know I'm town, so that's correct." Like...play or don't, but people said you had a head on your shoulders. I'm not seeing it.

And ffs, can you be done with whatever shenanigans you've got going with your fake claim? Can you unclaim it yet? Or is that gonna go a bit longer...
Who are the "people" you were referring to? Do you not have your own opinion on Balki from past experience?
Nope...no opinion on Balki from past experience. I know in my head I'm confusing him with snowy, whom I have more of a memory of. I've been actively fighting that conflation, but it's hard.

As for the "people", I can't recall names.

BunnyGo

#690 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:39 am

worcej wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:35 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Because what is his reasoning for pushing me to begin with?
I don't know, but my ignorance doesn't mean it's disingenuous.

bozotheclown

#691 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:43 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:38 am
bozotheclown wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Nope...no opinion on Balki from past experience. I know in my head I'm confusing him with snowy, whom I have more of a memory of. I've been actively fighting that conflation, but it's hard.

I know Balki was in the game where you and I were mafia but I was a role where I did not know the rest of the mafia team to start the game.

BunnyGo

#692 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:48 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:43 am
BunnyGo wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

I know Balki was in the game where you and I were mafia but I was a role where I did not know the rest of the mafia team to start the game.
Ah, that was a fun game. I remember you being the person most likely to catch me.

He may have been in it (I'm not disputing that), but I don't have any impression of him from it. Did we kill him early?

BunnyGo

#693 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:52 am

Hmm...apparently he was in the game where I refused to go quietly and kept protesting my innocence despite being dead to rights by mech (durga got me).

I remember durga and ghug from that game. And jamie and worcej. But not Balki.

bozotheclown

#694 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:00 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:48 am
bozotheclown wrote:
BunnyGo wrote:

Ah, that was a fun game. I remember you being the person most likely to catch me.

He may have been in it (I'm not disputing that), but I don't have any impression of him from it. Did we kill him early?
No, Balki survived until the end of the game. I remember that you and him were my top guesses for my remaining teammate, since I had scanned xorxes. I looked it up and it was M54.

BunnyGo

#695 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:09 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:00 am
BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:48 am
bozotheclown wrote:

No, Balki survived until the end of the game. I remember that you and him were my top guesses for my remaining teammate, since I had scanned xorxes. I looked it up and it was M54.
I'll go check. Been skimming him in M62 (the other game I referenced). His tone and rhetoric style is the same, but his energy and confusion are different this game.

BunnyGo

#696 Post by BunnyGo » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:11 am

But I guess this is a distraction from the original question: no...I didn't remember him, or that he apparently went to a debate tournament with durga as her arm candy. He has made 0 impression with me over these previous games.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#697 Post by ghug » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:38 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:52 am
Hmm...apparently he was in the game where I refused to go quietly and kept protesting my innocence despite being dead to rights by mech (durga got me).

I remember durga and ghug from that game. And jamie and worcej. But not Balki.
He and HR both claimed my role and drew two nightkills for the trouble.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#698 Post by ghug » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:39 am

BunnyGo wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:11 am
But I guess this is a distraction from the original question: no...I didn't remember him, or that he apparently went to a debate tournament with durga as her arm candy. He has made 0 impression with me over these previous games.
This is the meanest thing you could say about Balki.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#699 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:47 am

I’m drunk what am I supposed to do

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#700 Post by ghug » Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:47 am

bo_sox48 wrote: