Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#81 Post by dargorygel » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:53 am

@Julius Vecna
Ok... I'll bite... what should we do to win?

@bozo... Day 1 is day 1. But you are not acting like the bozo we know and love. Busy in the discord chat?

##VOTE BOZO

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#82 Post by dargorygel » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:55 am

@bo
What do you think of Vecna's claim? This kind of thing DOES sound like something Brain would build into a setup. But does it sound like something that Vecna would make up, knowing that Brain is likely to have something like this in his setup?

Vecna

#83 Post by Vecna » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:49 am

Senator Dargorygel,

I meant it in a more general way, as pertaining to specific questions, persons and situations.

Wise as Ceasar might be, his knowledge of all the customs and rituals in this strange place, is as of yet somewhat limited. The ancient Greek oracle is also not very forthcoming with information, even after severe flogging occurred.

As of now, Ceasar's opinion is that very little of substance has occurred. One might go so far as to state this appears to be more like a struggle for whom shall become the new court jester. Ceasar's impressive list of talents does not include gauging the worth of poetry.

For the glory of Rome

bozotheclown

#84 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:59 am

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:53 am
@Julius Vecna
Ok... I'll bite... what should we do to win?

@bozo... Day 1 is day 1. But you are not acting like the bozo we know and love. Busy in the discord chat?

##VOTE BOZO
The mystery of the setup seems to have reduced the amount of activity. Does your response to Vecna imply that you have a "claim to the throne"? Is that an alternate win condition for you? How do you end up on the throne?

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#85 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:27 pm

I don't have a fucking clue on how this setup works. And Brain said he won't answer.

@Vecna - Are you claiming third party?

@Bozo - Are you implying Dargo is a third party?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#86 Post by dargorygel » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:45 pm

@boz0
(and @rdrivera to some degree)
This setup seems to have two avenues... one is the regular 'vote the scum into oblivion' part. The usual mafia schtick.

But alongside is another 'story-line.' We have roles and independent things to accomplish. Julie Vecna-Caesar has relayed to us what HIS goals are. Others of us have not yet decided to be public, at least partially due to the Brain-GM-Greek God's pronouncement that we should be careful before revealing.

This concerns me, because town usually needs information to prosper. But Brain has encouraged us NOT to reveal information, by threatening us with a big stick.

I do not know how someone gets on the throne. I am not interested in sitting on that throne in any way.

Vecna

#87 Post by Vecna » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:45 pm

Mighty Ceasar is extremely unimpressed by the reading capabilities of senator Rdrivera. Do you require me to wake up my scribe to explain it to you again, or would you prefer I instruct my preatorian to beat you as to properly realign your brain?

Vecna

#88 Post by Vecna » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:49 pm

Marvelous, senator Dargorygel, thank you for saving me and my loyal preatorian the hassle of re-educating this bum.

Would you be interested in becoming my new scribe? The old one tends to be asleep most of the day, which I find mightily inconveniences worthy Ceasar at times.

For the glory of Rome

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#89 Post by dargorygel » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:52 pm

Lord Caesar

I will accept your claim to the throne of this land until deeper investigations can be made. For now, though, I accept that your claim was not as dangerous to the realm as I first feared.

While it is true that the laws of this land are still being revealed and comprehended, what are your thoughts regarding the juxtaposition of the two avenues for success? Do you think there is a correlation between the identity of the rebels against your rule, and the identity of those that are at times termed, "scum?" i.e. is an investigation into one group likely to find members of the other?

Vecna

#90 Post by Vecna » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:54 pm

Also senator Dargorygel,

It is my gist that the clause about potentially hiding one's ambition might also be to partially ascertain that it is easier for the Barbarian mongrels to hide amongst us.

Nevertheless, I have full confidence that my network of spies will find them.

-Princeps et Dominus, Julius Ceasar

Foxcastle

#91 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:55 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:45 pm
... You may claim roles, flavours, and specifics of your role if you wish; so long as your pm is not restricted, you can make things up too. Some roles may not want to claim, some roles may die if they claim. It is counter to both sides wincons to be forced to claim.
Okay, based on this, I think it's fine to try to figure out people's roles, flavours, and specifics. It seems like sorting out claims/fakeclaims is a major point of the game. BB has not told us not to reveal information; he has told us that revealing certain information could be bad for individuals or town, and he has said that being forced to claim is bad for town and scum (but not necessarily individuals?).

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#92 Post by dargorygel » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:00 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:49 pm
Marvelous, senator Dargorygel, thank you for saving me and my loyal preatorian the hassle of re-educating this bum.

Would you be interested in becoming my new scribe? The old one tends to be asleep most of the day, which I find mightily inconveniences worthy Ceasar at times.

For the glory of Rome
Rome-Glorifyer
Your offer is received with pleasure. I am not sure that such a position best suits my abilities or position. I, too, sleep often... and these events seem almost to be as a vision or dream. If resolution of these issues does not occur until... say... July?... I might have more time and inclination. Like you, however, I am used to others' attentions to my wishes.

Meanwhile, hopefully today we will hear from others!

@bozo This new land DOES give reason to pause before commenting. Thanks for the reply.

Back to vashta...
Are you asleep? I wonder if such deep sleep gives rise to enchantment.
Asking for a friend.

##VOTE VASHTA

Vecna

#93 Post by Vecna » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:02 pm

Senator Dargorygel,

I do not wish the throne for myself, your kingdom is but a small part of my vast empire, and a leaders true strength is in knowing when, and to whom, he should delegate. I will refer you to the earlier explanation of my scribe.

As treachery is everywhere, I choose to be a friend of the people, to all my loyal subjects, - even those that are prone to barbarian raging. That is, if they refrain from attempted assassination against my most Augustine person.

I will assist where I can, to turn this once dusky swamp into a stable realm worthy of admiration. But, as they say, there are many ways leading to noble Rome. I shall leave it mostly up to the contenders to prove their worthiness, and try not to interfere, unless absolutely required.

After all, I am no tyrant.

-Imperator Romanus, Julius Ceasar

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#94 Post by dargorygel » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:04 pm

Vecna wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:54 pm
Also senator Dargorygel,

It is my gist that the clause about potentially hiding one's ambition might also be to partially ascertain that it is easier for the Barbarian mongrels to hide amongst us.

Nevertheless, I have full confidence that my network of spies will find them.

-Princeps et Dominus, Julius Ceasar
Lord Caesar/Vecna

Agreed. It is overall beneficial to reveal our characteristics, personalities, loyalties, and knowledge for the good of the realm. But perhaps to do so cautiously rather than with a sudden and thoughtless expulsion of information.

@Foxy
This comment is for your eyes, too.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#95 Post by dargorygel » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:06 pm

(I also suspect that we will find 'pairings' of identities. Some things naturally 'go' together, and I expect we will find this to be the case in this realm. David and Goliath. Romeo and Juliet. Fox and Hound. Caesar and Brutus. For some, this might be a dangerous pairing. For others, more advantageous. So take care.)

Vecna

#96 Post by Vecna » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:19 pm

Senator Dargorygel,

I shall exercise wisdom and not further question the source of your knowledge, while at the same time taking precautions to hopefully avoid stabbings in our most divine senate.

-Julius Ceasar, Pater Patriae

bozotheclown

#97 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:44 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:27 pm
I don't have a fucking clue on how this setup works. And Brain said he won't answer.

@Vecna - Are you claiming third party?

@Bozo - Are you implying Dargo is a third party?
I am still trying to find out what having a "claim to the throne" means to the game.

bozotheclown

#98 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:45 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:45 pm
@boz0
(and @rdrivera to some degree)
This setup seems to have two avenues... one is the regular 'vote the scum into oblivion' part. The usual mafia schtick.

But alongside is another 'story-line.' We have roles and independent things to accomplish. Julie Vecna-Caesar has relayed to us what HIS goals are. Others of us have not yet decided to be public, at least partially due to the Brain-GM-Greek God's pronouncement that we should be careful before revealing.

This concerns me, because town usually needs information to prosper. But Brain has encouraged us NOT to reveal information, by threatening us with a big stick.

I do not know how someone gets on the throne. I am not interested in sitting on that throne in any way.
I know we are supposed to be cautious with claims, but I assume it is OK to try to figure out the game setup.

Foxcastle

#99 Post by Foxcastle » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:47 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:04 pm
Agreed. It is overall beneficial to reveal our characteristics, personalities, loyalties, and knowledge for the good of the realm. But perhaps to do so cautiously rather than with a sudden and thoughtless expulsion of information.
How do you square this with BB's assertion that being forced to claim is bad for for the wincons of both sides? If being forced to claim is bad, why is freely claiming good?

Vecna

#100 Post by Vecna » Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:56 pm

Ceasar has deemed it wise to let his presence be known, since the barbarian horde does not have an innate benefit from seeing me perish. Communicating this to everyone, is thus in Ceasar's own benefit.

Self-preservation is key in living a long and worthy life.

For many lesser individuals, hiding in my shadows is probably advisable.