Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
thamrick

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#521 Post by thamrick » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:26 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:20 pm
thamrick wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:10 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:04 pm
Whoever is town and is voting for Ezio or Vashta, I suggest listening to our confirmed town Durga and ghug and vote thamrick today.
You and Ezio have been disgusting the last 5 or so posts. Saying "we're lynching reedeer and thamrick today" and "listen to the already dead townies" are such garbage, lazy, cop-outs. It is 100% not helpful to narrow the lynch pool to 2 people to allow scum and town alike to narrow their vision. It also is incredibly dumb to just assume that dead townies were correct. Sure, listen to their arguments, because you know that they weren't biased and were coming from a town perspective, but they clearly didn't KNOW who was scum or not since they were town.

Look at yav's interaction with me. I know I'm town. Why didn't he interact with Ezio? Why did Ezio vote for yav for "questioning his motives" when yav could have been talking about Ezio or ghug. Why did yav get upset when Ezio casually voted for Durga after Durga asked to be lynched?

##Vote Ezio
This looks like a scum like reaction to pressure to me.
Yep. Because right when I went from tied for lead wagon to putting myself up 2, that's when I was under the most pressure and would react. You continue to impress me with how awful you are at this bozo.

Did you even read what I wrote? Any response to it?

thamrick

#522 Post by thamrick » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:34 pm

Where's Foxy? Where's Bo? Where's Vash?

bozotheclown

#523 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:38 pm

thamrick wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:26 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:20 pm
thamrick wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:10 pm

You and Ezio have been disgusting the last 5 or so posts. Saying "we're lynching reedeer and thamrick today" and "listen to the already dead townies" are such garbage, lazy, cop-outs. It is 100% not helpful to narrow the lynch pool to 2 people to allow scum and town alike to narrow their vision. It also is incredibly dumb to just assume that dead townies were correct. Sure, listen to their arguments, because you know that they weren't biased and were coming from a town perspective, but they clearly didn't KNOW who was scum or not since they were town.

Look at yav's interaction with me. I know I'm town. Why didn't he interact with Ezio? Why did Ezio vote for yav for "questioning his motives" when yav could have been talking about Ezio or ghug. Why did yav get upset when Ezio casually voted for Durga after Durga asked to be lynched?

##Vote Ezio
This looks like a scum like reaction to pressure to me.
Yep. Because right when I went from tied for lead wagon to putting myself up 2, that's when I was under the most pressure and would react. You continue to impress me with how awful you are at this bozo.

Did you even read what I wrote? Any response to it?
Yes, and it would make no sense for yavuzovic and Ezio to react to each other that way as scum teammates. Why would yavuzovic call out Ezio for switching his vote from himself to Durga?

brainbomb

#524 Post by brainbomb » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:39 pm

George RR Martin: Now where was I? Oh yea, flip to page 3567 for me.

(No one complies)

George RR Martin:

Ezio (4) Foxcastle, reedeer1, rdrivera2005, thamrick
thamrick (2) bozotheclownx Ezio
VashtaNeurotic (2) Vecna, bo_sox48
End-votes (0/6) -

Non-votes
VashtaNeurotic

Vash is scheduled to run out of hair gel.

Ezio is set to die.

thamrick

#525 Post by thamrick » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:51 pm

@Bo - I don't think you ever answered my question about whether you still claim to be the vanillizer?

I feel like we're dancing around the same 3 people and I'm pretty sure they're all town.

##Vote Bo

let's try something different

thamrick

#526 Post by thamrick » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:54 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:59 am
**Someone has bit their thumb at Ezio**
I also just saw this. I missed it D2 at EoD. Someone bit their thumb at ghug D1. I still don't know what thumb-biting does in the context of the game, but maybe it points toward Ezio being town.

thamrick

#527 Post by thamrick » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:01 pm

@reedeer - why are you on Ezio? You said before it was for "aforementioned reasons." Your reasons? Where? I saw a post about him being cocky and suggesting no-lynch. Was there anything else?

Also, why did you vote ghug at the last second? The lynch was already decided at that point.

VashtaNeurotic

#528 Post by VashtaNeurotic » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:14 pm

Yo, barely paying attention at the moment, but something of note is that Vecna is barelybeing useful (weird coming from me I know). And he was also the first one to make note of the throne mechanic, which for all we know was just flavour in the OP. Then Claudius died and was upon the Iron Throne, so either Vecna was messing around or knew about the mechanic. Yav was mafia though and mafia have day chat, so it's possible he knew about it from that. As such, either Vecna is mafia and is messing with us, or is a third party as he claims to be (I think as I said, barely paying attention), in which case I don't care if he dies.

##voteVecna

VashtaNeurotic

#529 Post by VashtaNeurotic » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:15 pm

And this is my second post of the day.

VashtaNeurotic

#530 Post by VashtaNeurotic » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:15 pm

Going to read Ezio now.

reedeer1

#531 Post by reedeer1 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:34 pm

thamrick wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:01 pm
@reedeer - why are you on Ezio? You said before it was for "aforementioned reasons." Your reasons? Where? I saw a post about him being cocky and suggesting no-lynch. Was there anything else?

Also, why did you vote ghug at the last second? The lynch was already decided at that point.
Ezio is acting quite strangely, and changing his metas a lot. I have quite a few posts about it. I don't post too much so it shouldn't be to hard to look up my name in the peterlund tracker and re read.

the guhg vote was because i was in bed, and my vote wasn't going through because people kept posting as I hammered the post button, but brainbomb posted before me. The why has to do with my role PM not which way I leaned on his being scum or town.

reedeer1

#532 Post by reedeer1 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:35 pm

VashtaNeurotic wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:15 pm
And this is my second post of the day.
This is not a post of substance to the game. You are still at two posts if I am not mistaken.

VashtaNeurotic

#533 Post by VashtaNeurotic » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:36 pm

Tham doesn't feel too scummy to me from what I read (I'm saying that because Ezio said to read tham) even if his moves have not been that great. Ezio is doing his Ezio thing that I see him do in every game I play with him, and my gut tells me he's scum, but I'm gonna read bo because he's apparently been suspect for a while.

And a post of substance is any post that says something. Trust me, if my posts from day 2 did not modkill me, that one won't.

VashtaNeurotic

#534 Post by VashtaNeurotic » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:41 pm

Also another thing I'm suspect of the entire Caesar thing (though I guess this points more to him being third party given the mafia claim list or whatever) is that so far all of the townies that have died have been either the protagonist (richard III) or sort of side charactery (Titania and Nurse). However, Casesar is meant to be more an antagonist in the play, so I don't see why A townie would actually have that name. Furthermore, it seems the villain (or at least yav) had antagonist's names, i.e Claudius, the villain of Hamlet.

thamrick

#535 Post by thamrick » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:42 pm

VashtaNeurotic wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:36 pm
Tham doesn't feel too scummy to me from what I read (I'm saying that because Ezio said to read tham) even if his moves have not been that great. Ezio is doing his Ezio thing that I see him do in every game I play with him, and my gut tells me he's scum, but I'm gonna read bo because he's apparently been suspect for a while.

And a post of substance is any post that says something. Trust me, if my posts from day 2 did not modkill me, that one won't.
What does this mean? Is Ezio scum in every game you play with him?

I'm on the fence about Ezio, but my gut tells me he's probably town. He just seems to be playing more reckless than I'd expect him to play as scum.

thamrick

#536 Post by thamrick » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:48 pm

VashtaNeurotic wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:41 pm
Also another thing I'm suspect of the entire Caesar thing (though I guess this points more to him being third party given the mafia claim list or whatever) is that so far all of the townies that have died have been either the protagonist (richard III) or sort of side charactery (Titania and Nurse). However, Casesar is meant to be more an antagonist in the play, so I don't see why A townie would actually have that name. Furthermore, it seems the villain (or at least yav) had antagonist's names, i.e Claudius, the villain of Hamlet.
I lean that Vecna is ultimately town-sided but has an alternative win-con that he was playing to. I can't imagine a scum with Caesar role would openly claim it since it is easy to point to as being the antagonist role in the play. I'm a little surprised he was forthcoming with it in the first-place since, as someone (Foxy? Darg? One of those two I think) pointed out, it's likely that there are pairings in this setup (Hamlet/Claudius, Macbeth/Macduff, Romeo/Juliet) that would mean there's possibly a Brutus who could benefit from Vecna's death.

VashtaNeurotic

#537 Post by VashtaNeurotic » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:49 pm

No, tham I mean what Ezio is doing gives me scum vibes, but also he has a personality in games that naturally makes me want to eliminate him. Like, everything from Coup to Mafia.

Also, what is up with that darg kill N1, all he did was be like "Vash come out and play, I'm gonna listen to Vecna and let's kill Foxcastle" I mean he did have one post where he mused about the Vecna claim, but that's about it.

That post is this btw
A bit of musing about thrones and claims thereunto...

The throne that Caesar claims is presently not apparently challenged; but while waking from my sleep I noted that the fates intimated to me that I am not a claimant to the throne. This waking thought has haunted me. That probably SOMEONE received a vision declaring that they ARE a claimant. Perhaps more than one person.

And perhaps that person wishes to be in the shadow at present. For safety's sake. Which might be an excellent plan.

But also... perhaps Caesar's claim is fabricated. In which case perhaps the actual throne-holder is keeping quiet for safety's sake.

There may be a way to move some of that insecurity onto a more secure footing.

BUT my question about it all remains... is there a connection between "rebellion against the throne," and 'scum?' i.e. if we find rebels, does that mean we find scum? Are there two different 'fights' taking place in this realm? (Town vs Scum; and loyalists vs rebels) OR are they really one fight? (Townies being also loyalists, and Scum being rebels.)

Thoughts?
Maybe something on this?

VashtaNeurotic

#538 Post by VashtaNeurotic » Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:53 pm

thamrick wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:48 pm
VashtaNeurotic wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:41 pm
I lean that Vecna is ultimately town-sided but has an alternative win-con that he was playing to. I can't imagine a scum with Caesar role would openly claim it since it is easy to point to as being the antagonist role in the play. I'm a little surprised he was forthcoming with it in the first-place since, as someone (Foxy? Darg? One of those two I think) pointed out, it's likely that there are pairings in this setup (Hamlet/Claudius, Macbeth/Macduff, Romeo/Juliet) that would mean there's possibly a Brutus who could benefit from Vecna's death.
Fair, but Brutus is the protagonist of that play, so he'd need to be town sided. Also like isn't the entire second half about how it didn't benefit him to kill Caesar and Cassius deceived him, in which case I guess Casesar really does fit third party for the matter of this. Anyway, ##voteEzio

Ezio

#539 Post by Ezio » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:26 pm

Ok Bois. Y'all've got some 'splaining to do. Specifically, why the duck do you scumread me more than thamrick.

Vecna

#540 Post by Vecna » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:31 pm

*Scribe enters*

Ceasar asked me to explain this to thee, since it appears certain individuals are still not understanding it. Ceasar is part of the town faction, but he has two potential victory conditions. The first being the standard town one, the second being that he can also win if he survives alongside the mafia while correctly guessing the person that sits on the throne at the end of the game (which I guess does give ceasar the option to approach the game as 3rd party in way).

The proof that im not fully 3rd party you can find in the signup thread. The mod confirmed there the setup would be 10 town vs 3 scum.

@fox you've alluded to the pairings thing. Does your role pm say anything about a different individual in the game? Because that might shed some light on whether or not to expect a brutus character in the setup.