Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 6457
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 2410

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#461 Post by rdrivera2005 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:02 pm

Ezio wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:43 pm
##vote rdrivera
Any reason or pure OMGUS because I voted you last day?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3624
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2673
Contact:

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#462 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:27 pm

##VOTE Vash

Ezio
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:54 am
Karma: 186

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#463 Post by Ezio » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:31 pm

Mostly OMGUS

bozotheclown
Posts: 10025
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 3021

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#464 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:43 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:11 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:09 pm
Foxcastle wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:07 pm


I'm not responding to anything that's not addressed to "Your Royal Highness"
Is there a town reason why you are not sharing everything you know about how the throne works, or do you have a personal win condition you are protecting?
There is a NAI reason that I am not sharing everything I know because I'm hosed this weekend and all this week.

But, here's the sitch: there isn't a line of succession, because no one started on the throne. You can have a line of succession if there's no one there. There are rival claimants—a town claimant and a mafia claimant. When the mafia claimant dies, the town claimant is king.

So, we know Yavuz was mafia and that when he died, a king was announced, and therefore I am town.

Does this mean that if you die a new king will be announced and he will be mafia? Should we lynch you to identify another scum?

bozotheclown
Posts: 10025
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 3021

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#465 Post by bozotheclown » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:45 pm

Maybe the mafia are not NKing Foxcastle because it would reveal one of them.

thamrick
Posts: 1958
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 70

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#466 Post by thamrick » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:26 pm

I also have been pretty confused by the NKs. Like Vecna or Foxy make a lot more sense than darg and Durga.

Foxcastle
Posts: 4995
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 1327

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#467 Post by Foxcastle » Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:50 pm

@Bozo: no, because it's not a line of succession, it's a rivalry. As far as I know, there was a single mafia option and a single town option, and I think that's pretty clear from what happened. One dies, another is crowned. If there were three or more, why would that be true?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3624
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2673
Contact:

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#468 Post by bo_sox48 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:41 pm

thamrick wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:26 pm
I also have been pretty confused by the NKs. Like Vecna or Foxy make a lot more sense than darg and Durga.
They're probably PR hunting. Who did Durga vote for for reasons she didn't want to share yesterday?

Ezio
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:54 am
Karma: 186

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#469 Post by Ezio » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:53 pm

Personally I doubt scum would have only 1 person who could get the throne. If it's seriously a rivalry thing we should lynch Foxcastle and then lynch whoever inherits the throne next.

I seriously doubt that's how it works.

thamrick
Posts: 1958
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 70

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#470 Post by thamrick » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:01 pm

Ezio wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:53 pm
Personally I doubt scum would have only 1 person who could get the throne. If it's seriously a rivalry thing we should lynch Foxcastle and then lynch whoever inherits the throne next.

I seriously doubt that's how it works.
Dumb.

Foxy likely got the throne because he was Yav's rival. I'm surprised that a scum didn't take the throne after killing Durga since she was King Richard. Though I guess it wouldn't make sense to reveal scum that way.

Ezio
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:54 am
Karma: 186

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#471 Post by Ezio » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:18 pm

So your argument is there are 2 thrones active at the same tmie?

thamrick
Posts: 1958
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 70

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#472 Post by thamrick » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:24 pm

Ezio wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:18 pm
So your argument is there are 2 thrones active at the same tmie?
No. I just think it would be stupidly game-breaking for BB to be like:

"Foxcastle has died. He was _____ (Hamlet e.g.) of town.

Ezio has claimed the throne!"

thamrick
Posts: 1958
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 70

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#473 Post by thamrick » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:25 pm

I don't know how it would be announced if a scum took the throne

Ezio
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:54 am
Karma: 186

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#474 Post by Ezio » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:55 pm

I mean, didn't they do exactly that? "x" person has died. "new person has taken the throne"

thamrick
Posts: 1958
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 70

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#475 Post by thamrick » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:08 am

Right. But it was Yav (scum) has died. Foxcastle has taken the throne.

Townclearing someone mechanically is definitely different from outing scum mechanically.

bozotheclown
Posts: 10025
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:13 am
Karma: 3021

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#476 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:27 am

thamrick wrote:
Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:08 am
Right. But it was Yav (scum) has died. Foxcastle has taken the throne.

Townclearing someone mechanically is definitely different from outing scum mechanically.
Since we do not know how it works, Foxcastle could have the same chances of being scum as anyone else.

Ezio
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:54 am
Karma: 186

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#477 Post by Ezio » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:30 am

##vote Tham.

Foxcastle
Posts: 4995
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 1327

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#478 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:41 am

Except it would be a dumb setup for scum to have contradictory win conditions, i.e., two scum could become king.

Also, I'm inclined to think that we simply got lucky that Yavuz was both scum and the counter claimant, and that if it had been the other way around, town v. town claims would be just as believable. If it had been "Foxcastle has died, he was town, Yavuz is king!" there wouldn't be reason to suspect that the rivalry was scum/town. But given that Yavuz flipped scum, that's a reasonable inference.

In any case, ##vote ezio

reedeer1
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:27 am
Location: Ithaca NY USA
Karma: 15

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#479 Post by reedeer1 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:53 am

Vecna, why the three you choose?

I still think it’s Ezio for the aforementioned reasons.

reedeer1
Posts: 170
Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:27 am
Location: Ithaca NY USA
Karma: 15

Re: Mini Mafia II: Shakespeare Mash Game Thread

#480 Post by reedeer1 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:53 am

##vote Ezio

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests