M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
brainbomb

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1161 Post by brainbomb » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:07 pm

the bona wagon is weird because I only ever remember sabi voting bona and saying bona was a red check. sabi always votes bona and its just part of their ritual as friends to be paranoid of one another. The fact bona was still a wagon late day is fascinating to me.

Bonatogether (3) damo666 rdrivera2005 Princess Neon

this feels like all town voting bona. mafia probably preferred worcej and maybe this has to do with that worcej looked more like a PR to them or maybe worcej was onto someone on the maf team.

I dont scumread anyone on this bona wagon at the moment however

brainbomb

#1162 Post by brainbomb » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:08 pm

it makes sense to me that bozo is scum and worcej died because he was onto bozo.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1163 Post by DemonRHK » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:08 pm

@brain: Points made, but careful, your backpatting sends you spiraling down holes sometimes.

@wolf: It's mostly in jest. I'm more trying to state don't let Rumi play the victim too much.

@damo: Every time I have brought something up, your countpoint has been 'nah' and 'doesn' track'. Even your explanations have zero effort.

brainbomb

#1164 Post by brainbomb » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:14 pm

worcej (5) bozotheclown Tom Bombadil pyxxy DemonRHK bo_sox48
Bonatogether (3)
damo666 rdrivera2005 Princess Neon

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1165 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:15 pm

wolfu wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:04 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:32 pm
Not really, I've never played forum mafia with him, only live mafia, and aside from the couple months in early first lockdown when a lot of us started playing on EM again for the first time in years before it happily shut down forever, I don't think we'd even played live mafia together for a good 5-6 years. I still find it dubious that he had reads on basically everybody that were more than total gut feel (and thus he would be able to back them up as claimed if pressed on) that early in the game. And I find his vote flip from worcej to rivera that late in the day just as bad as I did before.
basically fine and understandable but as you know me you should know it's more or less expected for me to tryhard in a game

as for the flip, was as simple as: i vote a weaker townlean who was a wagon at deadline over other options, brain votes rdrivera, who i do not have a townread on, so i swap to him

i recognize that it's entirely possible i screwed that up pretty bad if one of bozo/bona is scum but if that is the case, i accept the consequences of my actions
I also tryhard, but in strategy game parlance I play Tall and focus on getting strong reads on a group of people and then let the nobodies fall into place later than trying to play Wide and read on everybody in the game, though I'll usually have a few gut thoughts by the end of the first night (which usually has 24 additional hours of content to peruse).

I can tolerate that explanation for why you didn't vote Bozo or Bona. I struggle a lot to tolerate it as an explanation for voting worcej but then changing to rivera a bit closer to the deadline.

brainbomb

#1166 Post by brainbomb » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:28 pm

bo likes to kill me when hes mafia and im playing well

so hopefully ill be dead.

bye all, kill bozo, bo and tom. then itll be easy riding.

damo666

#1167 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:44 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:08 pm
@brain: Points made, but careful, your backpatting sends you spiraling down holes sometimes.

@wolf: It's mostly in jest. I'm more trying to state don't let Rumi play the victim too much.

@damo: Every time I have brought something up, your countpoint has been 'nah' and 'doesn' track'. Even your explanations have zero effort.
That's because both times you commented it didn't make sense.

Firstly, the 'take as gospel' comment; I said I though the survey would have value, this does not translate as believing everyone is being truthful.

Secondly you said I changed my opinion about the survey which is patently untrue, I have consistently said that I think it will prove valuable and encouraged participation.

brainbomb

#1168 Post by brainbomb » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:48 pm

While I dont really care about the value of the survey or if itll be useful later

maybe we need to focus on that bozo tunneled a villager day 1 and that villager died and flipped a critical PR. As far as im concerned creation of a survey does not outweigh killing a town PR. and he didnt just kill him he led the wagon, he needs to take ownership of that wagon because that is who he tunneled all day while doing nothing else but reposting his survey over and over.

Thoughts?

damo666

#1169 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:58 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:48 pm
While I dont really care about the value of the survey or if itll be useful later

maybe we need to focus on that bozo tunneled a villager day 1 and that villager died and flipped a critical PR. As far as im concerned creation of a survey does not outweigh killing a town PR. and he didnt just kill him he led the wagon, he needs to take ownership of that wagon because that is who he tunneled all day while doing nothing else but reposting his survey over and over.

Thoughts?
The fact worcej was a PR is not relevant though. ScumBozo couldn't have known that so he is either lucky scum or misguided town. At the moment I am on the fence.

brainbomb

#1170 Post by brainbomb » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:03 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:58 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:48 pm

Thoughts?
The fact worcej was a PR is not relevant though. ScumBozo couldn't have known that so he is either lucky scum or misguided town. At the moment I am on the fence.
I think it is relevent because if scum bozo thinks worcej is playing like a PR then its absolutely relevant.

mafia love gettin PR miskilled. they hunt them, its a 12 point buck for them. this is not something he can know with certainty.

I obviously wasnt claiming that. id be a brainless dumbfuck to claim bozo was pushing worcej because he knew with absolute certainty worc was a pr

the fact bozo tunneled him and he flipped pr adds to the gravitas of how bad and how shitty this miskill was.
and I dont blame worcej for not claiming there shit happens. we cant all play perfect all the time.

brainbomb

#1171 Post by brainbomb » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:06 pm

you overlooked the tunneling part and the part about reposting his survey results all day and never reconsidering or doing anything else. bozo wasnt even remotely towny at any point either.

please dont diminish bozo scumminess by picking out that worcej flipped pr and claim that bozo couldnt have known so that somehow makes bozo look fine. it just doesnt.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1172 Post by DemonRHK » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:09 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:44 pm
DemonRHK wrote:

Firstly, the 'take as gospel' comment; I said I though the survey would have value, this does not translate as believing everyone is being truthful.

Secondly you said I changed my opinion about the survey which is patently untrue, I have consistently said that I think it will prove valuable and encouraged participation.
Let me tackle this from another angle.

You stated that (and stood by) that you would NOT vote outside of non-participants of it. I view this as lazy and disinterested. You parked on bona and never moved.

Thus, you're putting a lot of faith in this whole thing from my view of it.

When questions, you've hand waved every criticism and leaned on 'it'll pay off one day, you'll see' like some diluted mother slinging MLMs on facebook.

brainbomb

#1173 Post by brainbomb » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:09 pm

if you wanna say this is textbook bozo and his survey comes from a towny place. stick with that. see where that goes. I would think a dead villager is a little more
important to analyze but thats up to you.

I suspect bozo will keep ending up on wagons getting town killed. maybe more town who did the survey also. at some point if you are playing the game I assume youll drop the value you are giving the survey. because it isnt
enough for me, and I assume inevitably it wont be enough for anyone

damo666

#1174 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:19 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:06 pm
you overlooked the tunneling part and the part about reposting his survey results all day and never reconsidering or doing anything else. bozo wasnt even remotely towny at any point either.

please dont diminish bozo scumminess by picking out that worcej flipped pr and claim that bozo couldnt have known so that somehow makes bozo look fine. it just doesnt.
I didn't say he looked fine. I said I was on the fence (wrt him being scum).

brainbomb

#1175 Post by brainbomb » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:21 pm

well hop off the fence before you get your underwear stuck on it.

damo666

#1176 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:24 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:09 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:44 pm
DemonRHK wrote:

Let me tackle this from another angle.

You stated that (and stood by) that you would NOT vote outside of non-participants of it. I view this as lazy and disinterested. You parked on bona and never moved.

Thus, you're putting a lot of faith in this whole thing from my view of it.

When questions, you've hand waved every criticism and leaned on 'it'll pay off one day, you'll see' like some diluted mother slinging MLMs on facebook.
I think it's a reasonable enough strategy for D1 when we have no info. I was not here EOD but had I been I would not have moved my vote (I think). However I now think Bona is town but that is neither here nor there.

I still maintain the survey will eventually prove of value.

damo666

#1177 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:30 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:09 pm
if you wanna say this is textbook bozo and his survey comes from a towny place. stick with that. see where that goes. I would think a dead villager is a little more
important to analyze but thats up to you.

I suspect bozo will keep ending up on wagons getting town killed. maybe more town who did the survey also. at some point if you are playing the game I assume youll drop the value you are giving the survey. because it isnt
enough for me, and I assume inevitably it wont be enough for anyone
Of course Bozo deserves scrutiny as a worcej voter. So do Tom pyxxy Demon and Bo. I already said I think at least 2 scum on worcej. I think this is where we need to concentrate.

Rumi Tobari

#1178 Post by Rumi Tobari » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:34 pm

Remember what I was saying about a bipolar drop? The opposite happened. I don't have an excuse for this. I'm really sorry for all of that, I'm kind of embarrassed and cringing seeing all of it. I'll actually read the changes in a moment but just wanted to say this before I do anything else.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1179 Post by pyxxy » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:37 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:57 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:46 pm
I remember seeing you make a comment about damo being on a wagon and saying ew.

Im not really sure why you find damo scummy though. Damo
doesnt seem scummy at all.
Demon is probably scum who sees me as an easy mk target.
I won’t let you die senselessly _again_, damo o7

damo666

#1180 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:38 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:37 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:57 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:46 pm
I remember seeing you make a comment about damo being on a wagon and saying ew.

Im not really sure why you find damo scummy though. Damo
doesnt seem scummy at all.
Demon is probably scum who sees me as an easy mk target.
I won’t let you die senselessly _again_, damo o7
Thank you. I think.