M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2041 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:54 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:34 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 5:26 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 3:13 pm

Bruhhhhhhhhh

DOUBLE BRUHHHHHHHH

wolfu I can almost see, but bozo REALLY???

Your D2 reads included a player who ISN'T IN THE FUCKING GAME??

-----

Death, Taxes, and rdr scumreading me. What a fucking shock.

-----

Ok, my leading mission for today is to solve The Sentai Bloc.

Sabi is my strongest townread, and I'd go to the gallows myself on that one.

Neon's 'TIE ALL THE THINGS' comes across slightly revisionist, and I was seeing hints of a bozo save?

wolfu is scummy as ALLLLLL hell. Drafted on Neon at EoD 1 to take the heat. Encourages a CC D2 with a scum day vig very likely in the game. Proceeds to scumread players NO LONGER IN THE GAME.

(Related note, Ike and walku are most likely mutually exclusive scum)

Anyway, ##Vote wolfu
I referenced Ike, not CrimsonFox, in my reads, but I did not feel the need to point out to wolfu that he was referring to that slot by the subbed out player.

It is possible that Neon's tie voting D1 was a scum ploy, but if so, it is likely because D1 was TvTvT and she did not care who got voted out.
In your experience how likely is it that there was that many Town wagons and how convinced are you that I as scum would paint a big red target on my back day 1 when I can just vote off wagon somewhere or stay my hands on the town v town v town wagons and let someone else pull the trigger and hold the smoking gun?
It happens some games, probably not most. As for the tie voting, it has the potential to be a scum ploy to try to look like town. However, if you read my more recent posts, you will see I have come around on your idea that
Bonatogether might have been protected, specifically by RHK and pyxxy.

bozotheclown

#2042 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:56 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:18 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:39 am
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:35 am

Swing the subs doesn't really make as much sense in this context given that the player in question hadn't even been online since a week before the game started.

Feel free to correct me on this one if I'm wrong.
That is a good point in my opinion, it makes RHK's push to DK Ike because CrimsonFox never showed up look more suspicious.
Bozo lock town. Bozo will die tonight. Bozo will be remembered and I will blindly file this push.

Why didn't you do this earlier Bozo
I am not sure what I did not do earlier, but my theory, right or wrong, is based on the combined EOD voting of D1 and D2.

bozotheclown

#2043 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:59 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:32 am
I spent most of this game ignoring RHKs excessive rudeness because well they say they are in full aggro mode or whatever. But at this point it's rudeness mixed with AtE mixed with bad votes and bad views of the game state.

I'm gonna snap vote RHK every day until they die. I absolutely think they are arguing in bad faith misrepresenting people and their intent and acting like scum and this feels like the behavior I've seen from other scum players when they are frustrated they got caught.
I do not remember RHK ever playing like this before, so I think he is making a deliberate choice to play with a certain persona, and I now think it is likely he is doing it as mafia.

bozotheclown

#2044 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:00 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:06 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:32 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:32 am
##vote Bona

Has anyone else posted since the survey call and not participated?
This potentially distancing vote based on lack of survey participation would also be easy to move, but damo, who was not on at EOD as far as we can tell, never moved it. I still think it fits as a distancing vote, since the only votes on Bonatogether at the time were Bonatogether's self vote and BesharamSabi's joke vote. Also, if you are mafia and are going to vote someone for not participating in a survey, why not a teammate?
Confbias
possible

bozotheclown

#2045 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:03 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:31 pm
While bozo wrote a lot of things... he is not moving town-wise for me. He seems 'like' town, rather than being town.

Subjective, I know.

Also, I wonder about his sudden burst of energy. People have lives 9most of you) outside of this game. But bozo was very low posting until it looked like he was going to die. This sudden burst feels (subjective, I know) like scum lifesaving. Especially since he disappeared again. Usually, barring some reason, folk gravitate towards steady involvement in a game... bursts or declines can mean RL stuff, of course. But it also can be AI.

So flying PR... do not respond and do not reply and do not do anything in the thread. But if you believe bozo is town, he's your job.

That is about it for me, today.
It is true I was trying to avoid getting DKed, because getting DKed as town is not helpful to town. Being available to do so was a result of D2 EOD occurring on a weekend.

bozotheclown

#2046 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:08 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:33 pm
He also said almost nothing about his misdirecting us onto Tom.

Unless I missed it.

I do not expect him to cry.

But a little responsibility? A little remorse? Statements after misskills can be hard to fake for scum. Often they say nothing. But bozo was a key (the key) part of Tom's death.
I think I was responsible for worcej and Tom getting DKed, but both days I was close to getting DKed myself, and I had reasons to suspect them. I will regret D1 more if Bonatogether turns out to be mafia, which I now think is a reasonable possibility, since I had the opportunity at D1 EOD to switch my vote from worcej to Bonatogether.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2047 Post by pyxxy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:08 pm

hello catching up, I see the bot has served up the usual, another day another dead townie, not frustrating at all

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2048 Post by pyxxy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:14 pm

wolfu wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:58 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:57 pm
wolfu wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:56 pm

i posted a reads list where i copied it from the OP and some people called me scum for it, it's been a real joy

bozo kinda started making sense and i voted tom again
bozo's usually scum when he makes sense
well him being sensible got me voting tom so shrug
lmao

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2049 Post by pyxxy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:21 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:38 pm
pyxxy - Solid town, but the Bo push is bad and you should feel bad that that was the best you can come up with after a day with this much content
Would you mind elaborating on this? Maybe you do later in the thread and I'm not there yet. But after D1, bo has gone right back to how he was acting in the prior game M75. It's nearly identical from my perspective. He's going to lurk until we actually put pressure on him, then he'll miraculously find cell service to defend himself.

I think I have residual annoyance with how his scum persona treated me last game for correctly scumreading him so there's like, meta OMGUS at play here. If that's clouding my read here, please save me from it.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2050 Post by pyxxy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:31 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:39 pm
bo_sox, Ike, damo, RHK, and pyxxy are the only non-confirmed town who did not end on Tom. RHK and pyxxy voting near EOD off the main wagons looks suspicious, but I am not sure if it is too suspicious for scum to do.
I see that wolfu already prods you about this conf town thing so besides that maybe I'm missing something here but how does trying to start a wagon on someone that I think might be scum (bo) to avoid miskilling someone that has swayed me to think that they're town (you, bozo) and to not vote for someone that I'm neutral on (Tom)?

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2051 Post by pyxxy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:32 pm

RagingIke297 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:44 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
bo_sox, Ike, damo, RHK, and pyxxy are the only non-confirmed town who did not end on Tom. RHK and pyxxy voting near EOD off the main wagons looks suspicious, but I am not sure if it is too suspicious for scum to do.
Do you mind telling me who's ended on now confirmed town both days? It's an amazingly short list
my bad it was ike not wolfu I scrolled too short

Bonatogether

#2052 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:35 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:00 am
wolfu wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:57 am
rhk is very much still town and is just having a moment and i am probably going to leave him alone
What would you think if Bonatogether is revealed to be mafia?
i'd be surprised

Bonatogether

#2053 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:40 pm

damo666 wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:32 am
##vote Bona

Has anyone else posted since the survey call and not participated?
This potentially distancing vote based on lack of survey participation would also be easy to move, but damo, who was not on at EOD as far as we can tell, never moved it. I still think it fits as a distancing vote, since the only votes on Bonatogether at the time were Bonatogether's self vote and BesharamSabi's joke vote. Also, if you are mafia and are going to vote someone for not participating in a survey, why not a teammate?
Confbias
tell em, scumbuddy

bozotheclown

#2054 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:43 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:31 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
I see that wolfu already prods you about this conf town thing so besides that maybe I'm missing something here but how does trying to start a wagon on someone that I think might be scum (bo) to avoid miskilling someone that has swayed me to think that they're town (you, bozo) and to not vote for someone that I'm neutral on (Tom)?
By itself it was not that significant, but combined with you actively making a choice D1 despite also being "neutral" on worcej (see below), and RHK following the same pattern, with both your vote and RHK's vote helping to protect Bonatogether D1, it looks suspicious and led to my theory.
pyxxy wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:57 pm
I'll vote worcej for now to avoid missing EOD and doing my last second shit again

I haven't given worcej much thought so yes I am sheeping other people here, I find worcej neutral but certainly within scumrange

##VOTE worcej
What was the difference between worcej D1 and Tom D2?

bozotheclown

#2055 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:45 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:40 pm
damo666 wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:

Confbias
tell em, scumbuddy
What was the reason for your dargorygel vote at the end of D1? Were you prepared to vote for worcej if it was needed to prevent you from being the DK?

bozotheclown

#2056 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:48 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:32 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:44 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Do you mind telling me who's ended on now confirmed town both days? It's an amazingly short list
my bad it was ike not wolfu I scrolled too short
I am not sure what point Ike was making, since mafia would want to avoid ending on confirmed town if possible, but I suspect most players ending up voting for town both days.

bozotheclown

#2057 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:53 pm

wolfu wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:52 pm
and at any rate the thing to keep in mind is that you need to make the distinction between things you dislike and think are bad versus things that actually make sense from the perspective of an informed minority

I think in that sense RHK's aggression and condescending behavior is something i dislike but it doesn't particularly mean he has a mafia role.

in contrast, i think the way sabi is playing basically perfectly fits for an informed minority - they're playing from the sidelines, interjecting ito arguments but not really trying mafia at any point, and are mostly doing things like contradicting other people's arguments as to why someone is mafia and trying to stay out of the fray, keep their hands clean. the whole schtick about "being scared to mess up" by voting on a day 2 elim was absurdly performative - that's not the thoughts of a townie who is trying to figure things out and pick a side. that's someone who's trying to look townie but doesn't have the proper perspective and is acting concerned about a decision that is not actually all that critical.
If you are right about BesharamSabi, my theory could still be partially accurate, with BesharamSabi replacing damo, or even pyxxy or RHK.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2058 Post by pyxxy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:54 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:16 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:58 pm
##Vote worcej

damo is on that wagon, ew
I like the distancing from damo throw in. I will tunnel damo as well.
Okay now this I could get behind if you, bozo, think my logic here is sound and not raving madness:
pyxxy wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:15 am
I mean, and I'm probably overthinking this, Demon votes for damo immediately on D2, goes silent for 15 minutes, then says "if brain gave you something dont say shit" (my words) which is okay, fine, maybe a valid time to think about that. Maybe if he had the damo vote post prepared and only after posting did he actually read and think about brain's death.

But then he frame 1 responds to damo calling Demon town by reason that Demon is tunneling on damo? Like look at that, it's -47:36 and -47:35.

I'm talking myself into this while I write this post. But. Is this scum theater?

D1 Demon sees two votes on damo and adds himself to gain some town cred _whenever_ damo flips. Night happens. Demon clarifies "yeah I was light bussing". They create this interaction to kill any lingering momentum.

Does it feel incredibly fake and thus implausible? Yeah, to any extent. But people have already pointed out how this Demon feels different and odd.

So my gut right now tells me that this is either S+S or T+T.

I have plenty of doubt in my ability to scumread, yet to actually make a strong one ever, and so I might be complete wrong here and it's town!damo and town!Demon. But if one of them flips scum, god that SOD D2 stuff feels so fake, I would be convinced that they have to be scum together and I would push flipping the other one.
demon & damo, either TvT or SvS

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2059 Post by pyxxy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:58 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:43 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:31 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
By itself it was not that significant, but combined with you actively making a choice D1 despite also being "neutral" on worcej (see below), and RHK following the same pattern, with both your vote and RHK's vote helping to protect Bonatogether D1, it looks suspicious and led to my theory.
pyxxy wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:57 pm
I'll vote worcej for now to avoid missing EOD and doing my last second shit again

I haven't given worcej much thought so yes I am sheeping other people here, I find worcej neutral but certainly within scumrange

##VOTE worcej
What was the difference between worcej D1 and Tom D2?
I'm still behind in the thread and I have to brb but I've seen scum!worcej (once? iirc) and he fit my memory more than anyone else who was a D1 wagon, also note that I picked darg with like 15 minutes to go and then like right after he claimed and I had to make a quick decision :/

bozotheclown

#2060 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:00 pm

I have done some re-reading and I still think my Bonatogether/RHK/pyxxy theory is plausible. I suspect damo as well, but he is not an essential part of the theory.

I think I would like to see a Bonatogether DK D3 to help resolve what if anything was going on D1 EOD, although I would be OK with RHK as well.