M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Rumi Tobari

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1081 Post by Rumi Tobari » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:42 am

pyxxy wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:37 am
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:22 am
By the way, since Pyx was apparently inventorying people's non-presence and I'm already caught in a lie by being here. Anime is over, I can probably skip sleep and be around another 10-12 hours if needed.
chill. (I know this has no effect on you)
The fact that you're right about my inability to chill notwithstanding, (at least, short of a hard bipolar drop) dude what the fuck >_<

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1082 Post by pyxxy » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:42 am

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:33 am
pyxxy wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:05 am
I've seen an argument e.g. brainbomb on D1, Ike now on N1, for discounting bozo's survey by saying that it will be used to pin town as scum later on.

Counterpoint. What if you, as town, merely decide not to do that?

Y'all have free will. I think it's good to preempt that strategy so that scum don't get to push it for free with no pushback, but clearly we're all smart enough to want to look smart by posting "iT's A tRaP" about the survey. I bet we're also smart enough not to kill people over it later on.

In general I think it's pretty useful for getting an idea of what mafia likely picked and playing around those choices. Even if you personally don't find it useful, I bet someone else does.
so youre saying that we as town participate in the survey and pledge to not use it against anyone later
Oh you posted something here I'll come up from catching up on the thread and attend to you before heading back.

No. I'm saying nothing is absolute, and that it could be useful to some people, especially for reasons besides using it to vote for or against someone, and that if you don't want people to use it against other people in the future you can just push that point in the future instead of being oh so fearful of it now.

But I'm not actually disagreeing with what you wrote a little above this post about your position, and ty for that post.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1083 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:43 am

pyxxy wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:14 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:36 pm
Hooker, Odd Night Cop, Day Vig, Deathproof
Why deathproof? I think you're the only person (so far) to put that as something you think mafia would pick, so I'm curious about how you think it would be used, so that we can theoretically prepare for it.
Quite frankly I think it's the most powerful scum role there. The ability to waste an entire day is something that becomes exponentially more powerful the longer the game goes on, and the problem with confirmed scum is the loss of momentum that comes from their automatic daykill the next time around and the drop in town activity that associates that - A very frequent outcome of automatic votes on this site in the past, whether or not a hammer is dropped. While the Deathproof is alive, Dylo is basically a day earlier than it is otherwise because if there are 2 scum and 3 town alive, and the deathproof is one of them, any outcome other than a daykill on the OTHER scum is game over.

Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1084 Post by Hellenic Riot » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:44 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:43 am
pyxxy wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Why deathproof? I think you're the only person (so far) to put that as something you think mafia would pick, so I'm curious about how you think it would be used, so that we can theoretically prepare for it.
Quite frankly I think it's the most powerful scum role there. The ability to waste an entire day is something that becomes exponentially more powerful the longer the game goes on, and the problem with confirmed scum is the loss of momentum that comes from their automatic daykill the next time around and the drop in town activity that associates that - A very frequent outcome of automatic votes on this site in the past, whether or not a hammer is dropped. While the Deathproof is alive, Dylo is basically a day earlier than it is otherwise because if there are 2 scum and 3 town alive, and the deathproof is one of them, any outcome other than a daykill on the OTHER scum is game over.
(And even then, without a doc, it's still a loss).

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1085 Post by pyxxy » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:44 am

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:38 am
pyxxy wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:37 am
brainbomb wrote:
If you wanna make the survey better have everyone say who their top four scum reads are and what scum role they would choose if mafia
@bozo, run this one after N1 ends?
why cant I do it?
because then bozo will have nothing to do D2 and y'all will try to miskill him

that said if bozo can put together some original work on D2, then you can run the survey :)

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1086 Post by pyxxy » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:45 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:27 am
[HR wallpost about EOD]
I like this post. I like this effort. Gosh darnit I think I like Hellenic Riot.

*reads the quote*
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:05 am
We once hung out with a bunch of sex offenders who occasionally tried to murder people together. Also, there were a few non-batshit people. Mostly the former though.
*reads the article*

what the fuck bro I liked you

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1087 Post by pyxxy » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:48 am

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:43 am
pyxxy wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Ah there it is, I haven't played enough yet to make enough KILOs to have this gut feeling about why needing to be double killed is so good as scum in the late game. Ty sir you are back in my "people I like" list.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1088 Post by pyxxy » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:50 am

pyxxy wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:15 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:14 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:32 am
Saw that people started posting their supposed role picks so I stopped reading the thread to go read the setup :eyeroll:

Some questions that came up during my reading:

##CALL GM

1) Is the google doc supposed to say "during either the day phase or the night phase", italics+underline are my theorized addition, for the Inventor's magic missile wand?

aka is it a day vig item power or nah?

2) Does the Periapt protect against even a strongman kill?

3) "Detect Magic" says vanilla vs non-vanilla. Are all scum roles considered non-vanilla? Even Druid pre-transformation?

ty in advance mr chaqa gm sir
1. Yes, my bad there.
2. No, it does not.
3. All scum roles are considered “not vanilla” except the Warlock
Wrote all this in a tab before N1 so as not to distract from more pertinent D1 conversations. Maybe I shouldn't be posting it right away but whatever. I don't mind if people ignore this for now, I'll just bump the topic later in the night.

---

Chaqa's answer for #3 makes me want to have a discussion about the Inventor handing out the scan before the gun.

Gun has a [number to be put here after D1+N1+D2 flips] / 14 (unless a town PR save or mafia shenanigans happen) of shooting scum. We can't know this number yet but it's probably between 20-40%, I think?

But if Inventor gives the scan out right away, it's the same chance of giving it to scum, which I think is less bad for the same odds of wrongly shooting a townie?

And if we get lucky and give it to town, then they can scan N2 and we potentially get info D3 which is the fastest possible.

The risk is scanning doc/joat/commuter -> townie scans doc/joat/commuter -> townie outs doc/joat/commuter. And I writing this before the D1 flip so we have to consider that flip and the resulting odds.

But if it's D3, that's also a lot of time. And maybe the other roles can protected the outed one? Anyway I think there's a discussion to be had here.

---

I wrote the above before darg claimed crumbing, writing this at the beginning of N1 before darg explains it.

Also wrote this before we fucking killed the doc lmao. But this means we should almost certainly be giving out the scan tonight. Odds of non-vanilla => scum are even better now.
While you're in the thread, @HR, thoughts on my post asking to discuss what item the Inventor should give out first?

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1089 Post by pyxxy » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:51 am

@brainbomb don't feel obligated to post tonight I know you wanted to stay away but I would also value your thoughts on the "what item should the Inventor give away first" question

valid responses of course include:
- wtf you shouldn't be talking about this pyxxy
- Inventor shouldn't give anything away
- doc is dead game is over so who cares
- no one cares about that
- idk

damo666

#1090 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:36 am

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:47 am
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:27 am

But going back to scum wanting to look good not being on a town wagon (which, let's be clear, nobody actually looks good or bad for - But it's a common scum misconception due to their altered point of view of the game)... There's one vote that really stands out. That would be Rumi putting worcej into the lead with a minute to go but then unvoting when worcej was guaranteed (barring literal last second switches that are highly suspicious as patent tie-creators) to die. An explanation for that reclusion would be really good, because frankly that looks fucking atrocious.
Same thing as earlier. I'm opposed to the whole EOD vote shuffling shennanigans. When I typed about tiebreaking, the wagons were still tied, I had no feelings on any of the wagons and figured that worcej wagon coming up at last minute was based on something I didn't understand but thought people would explain later.

By the time I'd refreshed the bot, like, two other people had voted worcej and I realized I had jumped onto the EOD crazy train that I had been speaking out against and decided I'd rather take an infraction for the unvote then be on board a wagon I had no opinions on. Also because it took fewer keystrokes at the absolute last minute than move my vote to anywhere else. (I was admittedly spite voting RHK based on how annoying I find his posting)

That said, unless a better suspect comes up I'm more inclined to vote Bona tomorrow because this level of confrontationalism with Neon and Sabi doesn't feel like it has much in common with the helpful townie Bona I saw last game? I don't have enough knowledge of Bona's play to know if that's actually indicative of anything though?
An open admission of rule violation. Please obey the rules else the game becomes pointless. Thanks.

damo666

#1091 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:39 am

pyxxy wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:05 am
I've seen an argument e.g. brainbomb on D1, Ike now on N1, for discounting bozo's survey by saying that it will be used to pin town as scum later on.

Counterpoint. What if you, as town, merely decide not to do that?

Y'all have free will. I think it's good to preempt that strategy so that scum don't get to push it for free with no pushback, but clearly we're all smart enough to want to look smart by posting "iT's A tRaP" about the survey. I bet we're also smart enough not to kill people over it later on.

In general I think it's pretty useful for getting an idea of what mafia likely picked and playing around those choices. Even if you personally don't find it useful, I bet someone else does.
Quite.

damo666

#1092 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:40 am

brainbomb wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:12 am
I already did the survey. whether I thought it was lame or not. I was already thinking about it when there was a N0 because I went to post in game thread in kobold and I saw chaqa saying it was N0 and we couldnt play. So thats when I realized scum got a special phase to plan and upick.

Im not against any of it. hell I could play a setup where you can only post memes to present your perspectives. I dont mind a challenge.

bozo survey is just boring as shit and does nothing interesting
Is this a clumsy attempt at a fake townslip or just a clumsy townslip?

damo666

#1093 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:43 am

HR is town. My only strong read.

Rumi Tobari

#1094 Post by Rumi Tobari » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:53 am

damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:36 am
An open admission of rule violation. Please obey the rules else the game becomes pointless. Thanks.
The report button exists. I'll join you reporting me, it'll be my second self-report and I'm sure enough of those and I'll get tossed. I mean, I've never read the rules and don't care enough about an infraction or community ban to do so.

Also I'm probably in the middle of some kind of manic episode and will entirely forget this when I wake up.

Rumi Tobari

#1095 Post by Rumi Tobari » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:55 am

Actually, before I get some sleep, and real sleep, not fake more sleep while I sit and refresh the thread every three to five minutes all creepy like, who wants to talk, everyone I know is asleep and I'm kind of lonely.

damo666

#1096 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:57 am

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:53 am
damo666 wrote:
The report button exists. I'll join you reporting me, it'll be my second self-report and I'm sure enough of those and I'll get tossed. I mean, I've never read the rules and don't care enough about an infraction or community ban to do so.

Also I'm probably in the middle of some kind of manic episode and will entirely forget this when I wake up.
I don't want you banned or reported. I want you to make a valid vote each day.

damo666

#1097 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:59 am

From a brief VCA

Towndarg=>TownBona

I guess at least 2 scum on worcej.

Rumi Tobari

#1098 Post by Rumi Tobari » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:03 am

damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:57 am
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:53 am
damo666 wrote:

damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:57 am
I don't know. Isn't that kind of a thing I deserve? I'm... problematic? I read that article about that guy who faked his suicide and I was like, this guy takes mafia way too seriously.

Then I thought about how I take this game too seriously when I'm here and realized like holy shit I see parallels, except that guy had a job and was functional in society and I'm not. I'm just insane and not in the cool way, but the actually fucking crazy way

damo666

#1099 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:05 am

Interesting point. All the non participants finished up on different wagons (or not voted).

Rumi Tobari

#1100 Post by Rumi Tobari » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:06 am

damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:05 am
Interesting point. All the non participants finished up on different wagons (or not voted).
Weren't there only two non particpants in D1 and we had to sub one out?