M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Hellenic Riot
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2061 Post by Hellenic Riot » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:04 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:21 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:38 pm
pyxxy - Solid town, but the Bo push is bad and you should feel bad that that was the best you can come up with after a day with this much content
Would you mind elaborating on this? Maybe you do later in the thread and I'm not there yet. But after D1, bo has gone right back to how he was acting in the prior game M75. It's nearly identical from my perspective. He's going to lurk until we actually put pressure on him, then he'll miraculously find cell service to defend himself.

I think I have residual annoyance with how his scum persona treated me last game for correctly scumreading him so there's like, meta OMGUS at play here. If that's clouding my read here, please save me from it.
Bo doing fuck all is what I expect of Bo every game I play with him. He's The Worst. But he's actually quite a good player when he bothers to turn up, and I liked the posts he was making during that period of activity.

Mostly I just despise lurker-daykills when there are much better options with much more content out there, though. Say we flip Bo and he flips town - We get... Zero information whatsoever. Say we flip Bo and he flips scum... We still get very little information. At a certain point they become necessary but in the early game where info is at a premium, inactivity-based daykills are up there with Swing The Subs in terms of crap.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2062 Post by pyxxy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:09 pm

(still behind in the thread: why is demon having a meltdown)

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2063 Post by pyxxy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:13 pm

(still behind: I'm liking Ike's contributions)

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2064 Post by pyxxy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:14 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:06 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:03 pm
Or not. Byeee
Woofy pop in :p
michael-scott-thank-you.gif

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2065 Post by pyxxy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:16 pm

(still behind: why is rumi having a meltdown :cry: )

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2066 Post by pyxxy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:17 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:46 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:32 am
I spent most of this game ignoring RHKs excessive rudeness because well they say they are in full aggro mode or whatever. But at this point it's rudeness mixed with AtE mixed with bad votes and bad views of the game state.

I'm gonna snap vote RHK every day until they die. I absolutely think they are arguing in bad faith misrepresenting people and their intent and acting like scum and this feels like the behavior I've seen from other scum players when they are frustrated they got caught.
You're the one scumreading me. If they don't NK me by the time you're done with him, push me as hard as you can and then I can leave and never come back. I'm here because you people are the only community that ever wanted me to come back, not because I really want to be here.

This is anti-town. I don't care. Fuck everything.
Rumi 1) don't quit 2) this makes no goddamn sense so let's maybe ignore that it ever happened.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2067 Post by pyxxy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:21 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:31 pm
While bozo wrote a lot of things... he is not moving town-wise for me. He seems 'like' town, rather than being town.

Subjective, I know.

Also, I wonder about his sudden burst of energy. People have lives 9most of you) outside of this game. But bozo was very low posting until it looked like he was going to die. This sudden burst feels (subjective, I know) like scum lifesaving. Especially since he disappeared again. Usually, barring some reason, folk gravitate towards steady involvement in a game... bursts or declines can mean RL stuff, of course. But it also can be AI.

So flying PR... do not respond and do not reply and do not do anything in the thread. But if you believe bozo is town, he's your job.

That is about it for me, today.
Is this you thinking that Commuter can commute other people? They can't. Just themselves.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2068 Post by pyxxy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:33 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:48 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:32 pm
RagingIke297 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:44 pm

Do you mind telling me who's ended on now confirmed town both days? It's an amazingly short list
my bad it was ike not wolfu I scrolled too short
I am not sure what point Ike was making, since mafia would want to avoid ending on confirmed town if possible, but I suspect most players ending up voting for town both days.
I think you two had crossed wires and were talking about different things. Ike wanted to know who you felt was conf town (seems like Ike doesn't think anyone is at that point, except darg bc mech clear). Because the way you phrased it made it seem like you had a big conf town pool. Not sure this is a useful thing to discuss so I'll drop it.

(I still like Ike's contributions)

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2069 Post by pyxxy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:36 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:04 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:
pyxxy - Solid town, but the Bo push is bad and you should feel bad that that was the best you can come up with after a day with this much content
Would you mind elaborating on this? Maybe you do later in the thread and I'm not there yet. But after D1, bo has gone right back to how he was acting in the prior game M75. It's nearly identical from my perspective. He's going to lurk until we actually put pressure on him, then he'll miraculously find cell service to defend himself.

I think I have residual annoyance with how his scum persona treated me last game for correctly scumreading him so there's like, meta OMGUS at play here. If that's clouding my read here, please save me from it.
Bo doing fuck all is what I expect of Bo every game I play with him. He's The Worst. But he's actually quite a good player when he bothers to turn up, and I liked the posts he was making during that period of activity.

Mostly I just despise lurker-daykills when there are much better options with much more content out there, though. Say we flip Bo and he flips town - We get... Zero information whatsoever. Say we flip Bo and he flips scum... We still get very little information. At a certain point they become necessary but in the early game where info is at a premium, inactivity-based daykills are up there with Swing The Subs in terms of crap.
Thank you, this makes sense. I think I finally understand why scum would lurk. I always figured it just made them look suspicious but maybe it was just the rosters I was playing with that liked to kill lurkers early and often.

(kinda seems like scum could just all lurk and cruise to victory though if this mindset is too prevalent, but maybe I'm thinking about that in the context of this game and how we're down two PRs)

Princess Neon

#2070 Post by Princess Neon » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:40 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:14 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:06 am
bo_sox48 wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 9:03 pm
Or not. Byeee
Woofy pop in :p
michael-scott-thank-you.gif
Your welcome?

Princess Neon

#2071 Post by Princess Neon » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:41 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:17 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:32 am
I spent most of this game ignoring RHKs excessive rudeness because well they say they are in full aggro mode or whatever. But at this point it's rudeness mixed with AtE mixed with bad votes and bad views of the game state.

I'm gonna snap vote RHK every day until they die. I absolutely think they are arguing in bad faith misrepresenting people and their intent and acting like scum and this feels like the behavior I've seen from other scum players when they are frustrated they got caught.
Seconded thirded and fourth fourthed. I don't really even suspect you much Rumi and I like you a lot as a player and a person
You're the one scumreading me. If they don't NK me by the time you're done with him, push me as hard as you can and then I can leave and never come back. I'm here because you people are the only community that ever wanted me to come back, not because I really want to be here.

Rumi 1) don't quit 2) this makes no goddamn sense so let's maybe ignore that it ever happened.

Princess Neon

#2072 Post by Princess Neon » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:47 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:41 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:17 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:

Holy shit this quote hard fucked itself up

This was me trying to say

Seconded thirded and fourth fourthed. I don't really even suspect you much Rumi and I like you a lot as a player and a person

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2073 Post by pyxxy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:50 pm

Every wagon on D2 that reached 3 votes at some point, chronologically:

Tom: HR, Neon, wolfu
bozo: me (pyxxy), darg, and rdr
No-Vote: bozo, rumi, sabi
Tom wagon part 2: Neon rejoins, HR still there, this time wolfu flakes for the...
bozo wagon part 2: darg, rdr, wolfu
wolfu wagon: Bona, demon, ike
Tom wagon part 3 (the one that kills him): bozo returns from No-Vote

Idk what I'm looking for here but bozo did inspire me re: meaningless votes or people that seem to have avoided ending on town (confirmed after death).

That list might be:
- bo, for not voting (after seeing that rumi "got away with it", I might add)
- damo, voting for rdr
- demon, voting for ike
- me (pyxxy), voting for bo

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#2074 Post by pyxxy » Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:57 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:50 pm

Tom wagon part 2: Neon rejoins, HR still there, this time wolfu flakes for the...

Idk what I'm looking for here but bozo did inspire me re: meaningless votes or people that seem to have avoided ending on town (confirmed after death).

That list might be:
- damo, voting for rdr
- demon, voting for ike
I'm biasing myself again but I really dislike how this makes damo and demon look.

HR is politely telling me to lay off bo and I'm me pyxxy the townie so that leaves...those two.
damo666 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:17 pm
wolfu wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:13 am
i should also say: people should probably ease up on the hero solve try to guess the whole team by finding associations stuff

because, in general, you are incredibly likely to be wrong on those things

it is much harder by numbers to guess a pairing correctly than to catch a single scum

there will be dozens of incidental interactions between two players that are going to look like they could be a team but they will both be town

for now i would like to simply focus on finding a single scum, because we haven't gotten one yet

that's not to say you can't have multiple scumreads but i think they should be based on more than how two people interacted toward one another
One of my methods is to identify pairing that cannot BOTH be mafia. Works well
Sure would be awkward if one of the ways town makes a come back in this game is the inverse of this e.g. finding out you and demon are a scum pairing.

Princess Neon

#2075 Post by Princess Neon » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:01 pm

By the way I'm hard TRing Pyxxy and hard SRing RHK

So I'm inclined to agree lol

Bonatogether

#2076 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:24 pm

looking back at d2

for those unfamiliar with how i do vca, major wagon is >= 3 votes

the first major wagon of the day is tom (v1), at T-47:08 - at the very start of d2. HR, Neon, and wolfu are these three voters. neon and wolfu both specifically cite following brain's read as a reason, HR doesn't say much d2 at all so. quickly slides back into minor status in 3 hours

major wagon #2 was bozo (v1)! my buddy. the reasoning behind this wagon is sheeping brain (the pyx, rdr), and reasoning that he missed a mechs thing (darg).

Curious that both early major wagons (and eventual finals wagons) were largely kicked off with sheeps on brain's reads. i figure this as either one or both were driven by scum just trying to piggyback and get off with an easy day of voting - this is somewhat confirmed to me in that of the six people who i just listed as early voters on major wagons (HR, Neon, wolfu, darg, the pyx, rdr), only two ever switched to the other one (rdr and wolfu) - but rdr was attempting to avoid a tie, and wolfu moved back to his original vote. these wagons had EXTORDINARY longevity, which to me is extremely suspicious

tom lost and regained (T-24:54) major status with Neon moving around, and he'd keep it for the rest of the day

i picked up 3 votes in quick succession (really 4 but neon quickly moved on and off) from sabi, darg, and tom. stated reasons were VCA (tom), blocking off avenues of inquiry (darg), and i was posting a lot of filler/not much game stuff (sabi). darg and tom are conf!town, so not much to say there, but sabi's reasoning is frankly weak. it's not clear what they count as filler, and i'm naturally a high-post/low word poster anyways (especially on d1), so i'm not clear what their data was supposed to show. in any case sabi moves off me in four hours and never looks back, so not sure really what to make of it. i wouldn't pick up another vote for the rest of the day (despite a fair amount of people scumreading me, iirc). to me this looks like a town-driven wagon with the exception of sabi, whose motives are less clear, with scum elsewhere in thread interested in it but never actually moving on for long (incidentally neon moves on in accordance with sabi's data but they immediately move back off to tom)

no-vote becomes a major wagon with sabi, bozo, and rumi at T-12:47. i feel confident that rumi's just town, but i find it interesting that sabi chooses to not move onto either major wagon until pressured literally at EoD into voting. sus, as the kids would say. bozo also doesn't choose to vote until he moves onto his counterwagon (who he'd been sporadically talking about and scumreading over the course of the day). not sure why he chooses to no-vote at the time he did and not vote a scumread

wolfu becomes a wagon! i was happy about this but then the wagon fell apart cause it had zero momentum. cringe! the votes were me, demon, and ike - that inspiring triad. i voted wolfu because i believed they scumslipped knowledge of damo's alignment, demon voted him because of some unclear reasons, and ike because of wolfu saying that he thought someone was softclaiming pr during the night. i think only my vote is really like, fair, here. ike's is fine, but demon's just looks bad. he also notably avoids voting either bozo or tom for the entire day. :sick:

no other real wagons form or get momentum.

blah blah, same basic people form the core of the tom and bozo wagons

when push came to shove, to avoid a probable tie (caused by me), 3 people moved onto tom, and 0 onto bozo. those three were rdr, rumi, and sabi. rumi came from unvote, sabi came from bo after repeated prods. rdr came from bozo explicitly to avoid a tie. i don't especially scumread that group aside from sabi, so i think this is a town swing, which makes it hard to read anything out of it - doesn't tell us about bozo much. sabi's vote is also not informative, even if they are scum, because they didn't actually vote either wagon before, so like, bruh.

cause it's a mostly town flip i figure scum either weren't online or didn't really care, implying bozo is somewhat more likely to be town

tl;dr:
sabi looks bad
demon looks bad
the group of six (HR, Neon, wolfu, darg, the pyx, rdr) almost certainly has scum just cruising on a path to kill town
bozo looks somewhat better
im the best

Bonatogether

#2077 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:25 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:45 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:40 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:06 pm

Confbias
tell em, scumbuddy
What was the reason for your dargorygel vote at the end of D1? Were you prepared to vote for worcej if it was needed to prevent you from being the DK?
i strongly believed his claim was suspicious

idk, idr it

wolfu

#2078 Post by wolfu » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:26 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:14 pm
wolfu wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:58 pm
Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:57 pm

bozo's usually scum when he makes sense
well him being sensible got me voting tom so shrug
lmao
yeah that didn't age well

Bonatogether

#2079 Post by Bonatogether » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:27 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:50 pm

That list might be:
- damo, voting for rdr
- demon, voting for ike
cringe version of my post

wolfu

#2080 Post by wolfu » Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:33 pm

Hellenic Riot wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:04 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Hellenic Riot wrote:

it is worth mentioning that if mafia have a dayvig we only have 1 remaining mis-kill which makes the situation kind of bad

if he has a hard lurk meta that's maybe worth weighing into account but it's a pretty awkward situation