M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
wolfu

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1941 Post by wolfu » Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:36 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:27 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:25 pm
This potentially distancing vote came in just before dargorygel's claim that resulted in the movement that put Bonatogether in the lead. The weak justification made it easy to move, which also points to distancing.
You keep using that term, what's distancing? The context feels like voting to deny connection with another party? Or is it something more than that?
distancing is when one scum does something to try to appear un-aligned with their teammate. bozo is theorizing that because the reasoning for someone's vote was weak they could be teamed.

Rumi Tobari

#1942 Post by Rumi Tobari » Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:36 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:34 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:25 pm
This potentially distancing vote came in just before dargorygel's claim that resulted in the movement that put Bonatogether in the lead. The weak justification made it easy to move, which also points to distancing.
You keep using that term, what's distancing? The context feels like voting to deny connection with another party? Or is it something more than that?
That is essentially correct, voting or scum reading mafia teammates to distance yourself from them. Similar to bussing, but I take bussing as a willingness to vote off a mafia teammate for future town credit.
Bussing? I feel like people kept using the term last game and I kept thinking like "wait, aren't they confirmed not the bus driver?" and just got more and more confused, I take it bussing means something else?

bozotheclown

#1943 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:42 pm

With a pyxxy/RHK/Bonatogether/damo mafia team, all D2 votes in the last 5 hours of D2 would be on town, which would explain pyxxy, RHK, and damo ending off the wagons, especially with pyxxy and RHK leaving incriminating evidence behind D1.

bozotheclown

#1944 Post by bozotheclown » Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:44 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:36 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:34 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:

That is essentially correct, voting or scum reading mafia teammates to distance yourself from them. Similar to bussing, but I take bussing as a willingness to vote off a mafia teammate for future town credit.
Bussing? I feel like people kept using the term last game and I kept thinking like "wait, aren't they confirmed not the bus driver?" and just got more and more confused, I take it bussing means something else?
Bussing is short for "throwing someone under the bus", as in doing it to a mafia teammate.

bozotheclown

#1945 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:03 am

More potential distancing D1 votes:

DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:57 pm
Ok, it's not sittin right with me.

##VOTE DAMO666

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:34 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:19 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:36 pm

Doesn't follow
it makes sense to me.

L + ratio + ##vote damo

bozotheclown

#1946 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:08 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:18 pm
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:12 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:58 pm
interesting. what have you learned about bozo?
people have informed me repeatedly he does the survey stuff as either alignment and so it has made me more cautious with my read of him, additionally i look around the game and see more people that are towntelling than not and it moves him down in my estimation given i've only seen him do the survey (and the points about it being a potential time waster kind of stick in my mind)
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:58 pm
to agree with brainbomb's assessment of his play as each alignment, you necessarily have to know damo's alignment
no, that's not how this works

brainbomb said damo as town is annoying and hunts in (what he perceives as) antitown ways

at that time as i'm discussing these reads damo comse in with some posts about how the survey will be illuminating but he's not going to explain why yet and we need to force people to participate

he's talking like he's doing a magic trick and doesn't want to reveal the surprise to the audience just yet

which seems to me way more like a town who is self-absorbed with some idea they totally think is great even though i am dubious of its usefulness
This strikes a chord with me. I did some shit like this a while back and nearly swung for it.

back to ##Vote darg
RHK seems to be persuaded by wolfu's town read of damo, but still uses his supposed scum read of damo for this:
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:58 pm
##Vote worcej

damo is on that wagon, ew

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1947 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:23 am

So you’re going to disregard three people who bailed and m the Worc wagon last minute?

And as far as ending off wagon D2? We are in full swing the subs mode! I try to make a case and push a wagon and get called a 4vhan user, teenager, and rabid dog through gnashing of teeth and over the end of noses.

Call me an asshole I f you want, but at least I’m honest about what I am.

Rumi Tobari

#1948 Post by Rumi Tobari » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:35 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:23 am
And as far as ending off wagon D2? We are in full swing the subs mode! I try to make a case and push a wagon and get called a 4vhan user, teenager, and rabid dog through gnashing of teeth and over the end of noses.
Swing the subs doesn't really make as much sense in this context given that the player in question hadn't even been online since a week before the game started.

Feel free to correct me on this one if I'm wrong.

bozotheclown

#1949 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:37 am

DemonRHK wrote:
So you’re going to disregard three people who bailed and m the Worc wagon last minute?

Maybe they look more suspicious if Bonatogether turns out to be town, but I am OK disregarding their votes for now.

You were on near EOD D2 and had the opportunity to make a choice between me and Tom, but chose not to. Pushing Ike for being a sub could wait until D3.

bozotheclown

#1950 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:39 am

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:35 am
DemonRHK wrote:
Swing the subs doesn't really make as much sense in this context given that the player in question hadn't even been online since a week before the game started.

Feel free to correct me on this one if I'm wrong.
That is a good point in my opinion, it makes RHK's push to DK Ike because CrimsonFox never showed up look more suspicious.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1951 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:49 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:37 am
DemonRHK wrote:

Maybe they look more suspicious if Bonatogether turns out to be town, but I am OK disregarding their votes for now.

You were on near EOD D2 and had the opportunity to make a choice between me and Tom, but chose not to. Pushing Ike for being a sub could wait until D3.
I wanted wolf. But about five people tried to RUN ME UP A CROSS FOR IT.

So fine, I'm going to coast on SwingTheSubs. Go ahead and say what you'd like about gamerbler's fallacy. Scum is more likely to sub in my experience.

Rumi coming in to piggyback every time my name comes up has not helped matters. I said some bad shit, I apologized, but hey fuck me right?

RagingIke297

#1952 Post by RagingIke297 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:52 am

DemonRHK wrote:

Who is we? You and Damo?

Swing the subs meaning me and....... *Confused Travolta*

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1953 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:57 am

Wanna run me up? Be my fucking guest. I'm not going to waste one of our valuable subs on me so I'm going to be over on Ike Island. We have volleyball, blackjack, and hookers. (OMG WOLF ANOTHER POP CULTURE REFERENCE HOW DARE I) Shit send Darg over. Waste of his ability when he could hunt scum though.

I tried to make a case. I pointed out behavior that is gonna fuckin sink us. But I'll just put the helmet on and go back to my nuggies and legos. That's your take right?

Get the fuck outta here.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1954 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:58 am

RagingIke297 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:52 am
DemonRHK wrote:

Who is we? You and Damo?

Swing the subs meaning me and....... *Confused Travolta*
The royal me. Me, myself, my ego, and my inferiority complex in the back screaming like a howler monkey.

Rumi Tobari

#1955 Post by Rumi Tobari » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:00 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:49 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:37 am
DemonRHK wrote:

I wanted wolf. But about five people tried to RUN ME UP A CROSS FOR IT.

So fine, I'm going to coast on SwingTheSubs. Go ahead and say what you'd like about gamerbler's fallacy. Scum is more likely to sub in my experience.

Rumi coming in to piggyback every time my name comes up has not helped matters. I said some bad shit, I apologized, but hey fuck me right?
Half the game had you townlean despite that you did some really weird flipflops or points I found contradictory. I couldn't tell if this was normal and I wanted more information, like I even asked rdr and got no response. And then people looked to me like I had it. Sabi's like "you're his friend, you know him right" and I was like "no, not really apparently."

And nothing you ever said or opined about wolfu felt like you were really committing to anything or trying to convince us why we should think he was scum. You were gone for most of the day. Bona had a more convincing argument for wolfu than you ever did.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1956 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:06 am

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:00 am
Half the game had you townlean despite that you did some really weird flipflops or points I found contradictory. I couldn't tell if this was normal and I wanted more information, like I even asked rdr and got no response. And then people looked to me like I had it. Sabi's like "you're his friend, you know him right" and I was like "no, not really apparently."

And nothing you ever said or opined about wolfu felt like you were really committing to anything or trying to convince us why we should think he was scum. You were gone for most of the day. Bona had a more convincing argument for wolfu than you ever did.
So anyone else needs to take a mental health break it's fine, but for me it's scummy huh? Awesome.

As far as wolf? PR hunting at night and encourgaging CCs into the line of fire are considered scummy in some realm. Sorry I meet your Mensa standard Xanatos (OMG MORE INTERNET POP CULTURE REFRENSES SOMEONE STOP THIS MAD MAN)

Rumi Tobari

#1957 Post by Rumi Tobari » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:07 am

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Sabi's like "you're his friend, you know him right" and I was like "no, not really apparently."
Actually, I can't remember if it was Sabi or someone else who was like "you're the one who knows him" or if that was even N1 or D2. Might not have been Sabi.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1958 Post by DemonRHK » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:08 am

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:07 am
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Sabi's like "you're his friend, you know him right" and I was like "no, not really apparently."
Actually, I can't remember if it was Sabi or someone else who was like "you're the one who knows him" or if that was even N1 or D2. Might not have been Sabi.
Didn't stop you from half doxxing my ass

Rumi Tobari

#1959 Post by Rumi Tobari » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:11 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:06 am
So anyone else needs to take a mental health break it's fine, but for me it's scummy huh? Awesome.

As far as wolf? PR hunting at night and encourgaging CCs into the line of fire are considered scummy in some realm. Sorry I meet your Mensa standard Xanatos (OMG MORE INTERNET POP CULTURE REFRENSES SOMEONE STOP THIS MAD MAN)
That's not what I'm saying.
DemonRHK wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:24 pm
GM folks. Needed a reset day. I slept most of it.
And okay, you did take a day off. I didn't comprehend "reset day" as "mental health day". Maybe I'm just being overly optimistic about the community, but I doubt anyone would have faulted you if you said "I'm getting really agitated and need a mental health day"

I apologize for not understanding "reset day" the way you intended it. I was wrong. I'm sorry.

RagingIke297

#1960 Post by RagingIke297 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:12 am

DemonRHK wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:06 am
Rumi Tobari wrote:

Do you just need somebody to talk to you for a second? I can give you some attention if that'll help get you back on mental track.

Hey RHK, how was your day today? What's the weather like there?
-Xanthor, Hero of Riverside