M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Bonatogether
Posts: 5812
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:17 pm
Location: Maryland
Karma: 3436
Contact:

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2621 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:40 am

my english teacher wrote: The novel 1984 continues to be so powerful and disturbing because of the similarities between the society depicted in his novel and contemporary society.
society is literally 1984

wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2622 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:00 am

rumi was protective of damo on day 1, didn't want to vote him off. listed him as potential scum n1 but was waffly on her read of him day 2

biggest point of doubt is she asked "is this not normal for damo" on night 2 but even still i think the way demon handled him just looked like textbook distancing
1

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3624
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2673
Contact:

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2623 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:57 am

pyxxy wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:44 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:57 pm
Damo is probably scum, but voting people I think are probably scum is game throwing so I'm not gonna do that right now. I'm going to go back to snoozing loudly until MILO, someone wake me up when I'm needed
Is this "bozo" in the room with us right now? Is he hurting you?

Not voting even though he has a scumread is on brand for bo in this game:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:04 am
I see no reason not to vote for bozo here, partly because I already halfheartedly scumread him but primarily because I can’t come up with an explanation for mafia outing themselves to take out one player when (prior to Rumi’s modkill) they were on the verge of an auto win. Now not so much - lucky us I guess - and in the present situation it still wouldn’t make any sense to swap 1-for-1.
I don't think having a scumread on a dead player is particularly relevant at the moment. Can't really vote for him, can I? And yeah, being told I'm gamethrowing bothers me. That's what happened the last time I voted, so I'm not super eager to throw it around again without spending a little time making sure I'm not "gamethrowing."
pyxxy wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:44 pm
As is voting outside his scumreads entirely, after I revealed my scan on demon:
bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:35 pm
If the counterclaim is between pyxxy and RHK then we should be voting between them. That's about all that needs to be said imo.
bo_sox48 wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:36 pm
##VOTE RHK
demon is/was vengeful and so this was easy town cred until bozo kept pointing out how hammering demon was a terrible play for town
Are you actually upset that I adjusted my worldview in order to vote for the obvious mafia? Better yet upset that I believed your claim?
pyxxy wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:44 pm
The problem continues to be, flipping bo does nothing for finding the other scum. We have to get it right today. So this post is me trying to let go of my frustration with bo's play and put him as a future DK. If damo flips scum, as I expect him to, I would vote bo next, because I could see bo being set up as the long term lurker for scum team during N0.
I joined this game because Chaqa was damn near begging on his knees for a 17th and I could be a roster filler. Here I am playing like a roster filler. I already asked to be subbed out and you can see how that went; I'm still fucking here! Yay! Weird thing to do if I'm the long term scumteam plan.

I don't know why you take such issue with me enjoying my life doing things other than playing internet games. I'm not morbidly obese for the first time in my entire life and I'm doing things like racing cars and climbing mountains like I always wanted to do as a fat slob of a kid. It's kinda awesome, living in Colorado and getting to do the things I always wanted to do instead of watching everyone else do them. I'm having a lot more fun in life doing all those things than I would be if I were spending 9 hours a day on this fucking website like I did for the better part of a decade and I'm not planning on changing a thing just because you constantly swing for the low hanging fruit. But I'm going to keep signing up for mafia games from time to time and I'm going to lurk like mad when I feel like climbing Mt. Sneffels on a spontaneous Friday morning and you're either gonna have to kill me for it over and over again or get over it.

If you're actually thinking that there's a long term lurker in this game you should probably consider looking at the players who are lurking far harder than I am. Rdrivera and Ike collectively have posted the same number of times I have, and the former has been here the entire game. Since you clearly believe in what I said early in this game, which is that the scumteam, in a heavily scumsided setup with a chance to plan things out for the long haul before ever posting in the game thread, would be asinine not to set up someone to slide under the radar for the long haul, and even more asinine not to reinforce that setup once two PRs died and a third was outed within the first 48 hours of actual gameplay, take a look at all the lurkers, not just the one you have a beef with for not playing like he used to back when this game actually mattered to him.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3624
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2673
Contact:

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2624 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:03 am

The more that I play this game the more I realize that the actual value in scumhunting comes in the first day or two when there are enough people to provoke constant interaction and not much room for scripted behavior. If you're fucked by about the end of D3 you're probably just fucked. Takes something drastic like a random modkill and mafia basically outing themselves afterward to correct, and even with those drastic events you're still looking at a tough climb. What a lovely game to be expected to put time and energy into, knowing that the saving grace, if there even is one, is random shit like that that you can't even take any pride in.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3624
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2673
Contact:

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2625 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:14 am

The primary choices here are damo, Ike, rdrivera, and myself. Having a deep lurker is basically a given. But wasting more than a day shooting for a lurker is wholly unproductive. If we're gonna lose because we can't figure out who the charismatic team leader is, we're just gonna lose whether we get the lurker or not.

There is no sense at all in making Bona your long term plan; big talkers die a lot more often than they lead the pack. So if you're voting for Bona you must believe that the plan went sideways - which, well, it obviously did lol - or you believe that there wasn't a plan and this scumteam is just fucking awful. Also a possibility. The only plausible way this makes sense to me is if Bona was the one making the plan, which was overzealous and put RHK in a shitty spot once they tried to engineer the mechanics of the game to their advantage without worrying too much about their actual gameplay or trying to blend in. Definitely on the table but I'm not feeling it.

Besharam is way too animated and emotional to be scum. If that's Besharam's scum play, fuck me I guess. Well played in that case. Or really badly played to the extent that you played really well.

The fact that wolfu hasn't left this site after this clownshow of a game makes me wonder if they have some extra motivation to stay around. Hopefully you're scum because that's the only way you're enjoying this, and I truly hope you have fun.

Who else is playing?

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3624
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2673
Contact:

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2626 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:38 am

wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:00 am
rumi was protective of damo on day 1, didn't want to vote him off. listed him as potential scum n1 but was waffly on her read of him day 2

biggest point of doubt is she asked "is this not normal for damo" on night 2 but even still i think the way demon handled him just looked like textbook distancing
This is a post I would write while bussing a teammate

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 3624
Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:01 am
Karma: 2673
Contact:

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2627 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:40 am

Kinda matches the D3 wolfu of completely excusing themselves from doing anything important by proudly declaring that they would tunnel Besharam, and following through with gusto

damo666
Posts: 12294
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 4259

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2628 Post by damo666 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:42 am

All remaining town should consider which two players they would vote for next if today is a miskill. This particularly applies to those voting me.

If Bona flips town (unlikely imo) I think my next vote would be Wolfu or Ike.

wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2629 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:51 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:14 am
The fact that wolfu hasn't left this site after this clownshow of a game makes me wonder if they have some extra motivation to stay around. Hopefully you're scum because that's the only way you're enjoying this, and I truly hope you have fun.
i mean it's been not very fun for a lot of reasons but i decided i'd rather stick it out rather then force someone else into this slot
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:40 am
Kinda matches the D3 wolfu of completely excusing themselves from doing anything important by proudly declaring that they would tunnel Besharam, and following through with gusto
but that kind of got interrupted by demon fakeclaiming anyway so i'm not sure i see your point
damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:42 am
All remaining town should consider which two players they would vote for next if today is a miskill. This particularly applies to those voting me.

If Bona flips town (unlikely imo) I think my next vote would be Wolfu or Ike.
why is bona likely scum? just the day 1 votes?

wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2630 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:58 pm

##CALL GM: can something be done about ragingike? he hasn't posted since night 2, 3 IRL days ago

wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2631 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:01 pm

kind of think ike is just afk town because the scum team doesnt go in on a plan of fake guilty and then implode if hes just...not going to be there. but its problematic to have an inactive slot like that
1

wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2632 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:33 pm

i don't *love* bona's d2 but it's honestly an open qusetion of if scum-bona and scum-demon both go all in on trying to push me on day 2 like that
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:24 pm
wolfu becomes a wagon! i was happy about this but then the wagon fell apart cause it had zero momentum. cringe! the votes were me, demon, and ike - that inspiring triad. i voted wolfu because i believed they scumslipped knowledge of damo's alignment, demon voted him because of some unclear reasons, and ike because of wolfu saying that he thought someone was softclaiming pr during the night. i think only my vote is really like, fair, here. ike's is fine, but demon's just looks bad. he also notably avoids voting either bozo or tom for the entire day. :sick:

tl;dr:
sabi looks bad
demon looks bad
the group of six (HR, Neon, wolfu, darg, the pyx, rdr) almost certainly has scum just cruising on a path to kill town
bozo looks somewhat better
im the best
this is super weird to me though - i'm not sure how the conclusion demon looks bad tracks just from him voting me? or why avoiding the main wagons is supposed to be bad?

also that "group of six"" he talks about very likely has all town in it...

damo666
Posts: 12294
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 4259

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2633 Post by damo666 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:33 pm

@wolfu re Bona, yes mainly day 1 votes

wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2634 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:34 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:35 pm
damo666 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:33 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:29 pm


you did it like, IMMEDIATELY after a very weird claim, for a specific person. i'm saying it doesn't matter what we do cause the net is the same either way, heading into tomorrow
13 minutes but so what.

Why do you call the claim wierd?
what if we just hammered damo

wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2635 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:35 pm

it's also a bit weird that bona concluded demon looks bad and bozo looks a bit better on n2 but then fencesat on the guilty claim on day 3 the way he did

wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2636 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:39 pm

if i twist my brain around demon jumping off bona because of damo is less likely distancing from damo and more a convenient excuse to not vote a partner given his vote was for not very developed reasons anyway

wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2637 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:40 pm

the reasons given for townreading bona have mainly been due to him being loud, which i don't think is a good reason to townread someone
1

damo666
Posts: 12294
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 4259

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2638 Post by damo666 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:21 pm

wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:33 pm
i don't *love* bona's d2 but it's honestly an open qusetion of if scum-bona and scum-demon both go all in on trying to push me on day 2 like that
Bonatogether wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:24 pm
wolfu becomes a wagon! i was happy about this but then the wagon fell apart cause it had zero momentum. cringe! the votes were me, demon, and ike - that inspiring triad. i voted wolfu because i believed they scumslipped knowledge of damo's alignment, demon voted him because of some unclear reasons, and ike because of wolfu saying that he thought someone was softclaiming pr during the night. i think only my vote is really like, fair, here. ike's is fine, but demon's just looks bad. he also notably avoids voting either bozo or tom for the entire day. :sick:

tl;dr:
sabi looks bad
demon looks bad
the group of six (HR, Neon, wolfu, darg, the pyx, rdr) almost certainly has scum just cruising on a path to kill town
bozo looks somewhat better
im the best
this is super weird to me though - i'm not sure how the conclusion demon looks bad tracks just from him voting me? or why avoiding the main wagons is supposed to be bad?

also that "group of six"" he talks about very likely has all town in it...
That would make it Bona Bo or Bona Ike

wolfu
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:32 pm
Karma: 42

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2639 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:44 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:21 pm
That would make it Bona Bo or Bona Ike
i'm not sure the solution is that simple - neither feels quite right. bo's last posts kind of feel like a bored townie and ragingike just literally isn't here so i dunno why the scumteam does the things it did on day 3 with an inactive member

damo666
Posts: 12294
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:04 am
Location: London
Karma: 4259

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2640 Post by damo666 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:51 pm

wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:44 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:21 pm
That would make it Bona Bo or Bona Ike
i'm not sure the solution is that simple - neither feels quite right. bo's last posts kind of feel like a bored townie and ragingike just literally isn't here so i dunno why the scumteam does the things it did on day 3 with an inactive member
Kind of agree with ypur Bo comment.

Maybe they thought Ike a liability?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests