M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Rumi Tobari

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#2021 Post by Rumi Tobari » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:55 am

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:53 am
I had this problem last game. I can't even leave for mental health. There's this deep terrible part of my mind that tells me that the moment I leaeve the thread, I'm msising something improtant.
And the annoying thing is I can't even do anything with this. I'm like a fucking five year old. I don't belong here. Demon should never have invited me. I wish I had never met you people. All I'm doing is winding myself into a terrible spiral I have no outlet and I'm literally ranting at you people because this is the current active window in my comptuer rightn ow

Rumi Tobari

#2022 Post by Rumi Tobari » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:02 am

pyxxy wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:37 am
chill. (I know this has no effect on you)
And because I'm self-destructive and need to remind myself that I need to chill. becuase of course telling someone to chill works when they're melting down about who this is the only thing worth anything I have in my life right now. after that fucking bastard walsh dropped me from his team WHAT THE FUCK. I BURNED MYSELF OUT PHYSICALL AND GAVE VERYTHING. AND HE STILL DROPS ME. IT WAS THE ONLY THING THAT MAMDE ME WORTH ANYTHIGNASF

where did I Fucking go wrong that this is the only thing in my life that makes me worth aynthing. my twitch channel is shit, my friends are shit, and not just looking at you Demon, I'm looking at fucking everyone. and I'm just on this terrible emotionally destructive desath sprial

Rumi Tobari

#2023 Post by Rumi Tobari » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:22 am

I'm msotly fine. I'm sorry I'm feeling kind of sick. I got myself wound up and I need to sleep it off I think.

the terrible part is that if people actually miss me, I'll still come back for another game, despite that I've one through two games letting it erode my mental health, though I probably see myself being bencehd with Jamie for flipping out like this. I'm going to be banned aren't I. I don't have community standing like Jamie.

i don't get it. what's fn about this.

damo666

#2024 Post by damo666 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:06 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:32 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:32 am
##vote Bona

Has anyone else posted since the survey call and not participated?
This potentially distancing vote based on lack of survey participation would also be easy to move, but damo, who was not on at EOD as far as we can tell, never moved it. I still think it fits as a distancing vote, since the only votes on Bonatogether at the time were Bonatogether's self vote and BesharamSabi's joke vote. Also, if you are mafia and are going to vote someone for not participating in a survey, why not a teammate?
Confbias

damo666

#2025 Post by damo666 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:17 pm

wolfu wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:13 am
i should also say: people should probably ease up on the hero solve try to guess the whole team by finding associations stuff

because, in general, you are incredibly likely to be wrong on those things

it is much harder by numbers to guess a pairing correctly than to catch a single scum

there will be dozens of incidental interactions between two players that are going to look like they could be a team but they will both be town

for now i would like to simply focus on finding a single scum, because we haven't gotten one yet

that's not to say you can't have multiple scumreads but i think they should be based on more than how two people interacted toward one another
One of my methods is to identify pairing that cannot BOTH be mafia. Works well

damo666

#2026 Post by damo666 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:26 pm

HR's surprising stupidity in that post virtually confirms him as town.

Why has bo gone unsanctioned?

I dislike the RHK game persona and am willing to vote him off.

Rumi, take it easy. If it's too stressful don't play.

Sorry to have missed both EODs, I'm afraid it is also likely EOD3 should I survive (which I probably will as I'm not the most obvious of night kills).

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2027 Post by dargorygel » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:31 pm

While bozo wrote a lot of things... he is not moving town-wise for me. He seems 'like' town, rather than being town.

Subjective, I know.

Also, I wonder about his sudden burst of energy. People have lives 9most of you) outside of this game. But bozo was very low posting until it looked like he was going to die. This sudden burst feels (subjective, I know) like scum lifesaving. Especially since he disappeared again. Usually, barring some reason, folk gravitate towards steady involvement in a game... bursts or declines can mean RL stuff, of course. But it also can be AI.

So flying PR... do not respond and do not reply and do not do anything in the thread. But if you believe bozo is town, he's your job.

That is about it for me, today.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2028 Post by dargorygel » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:33 pm

He also said almost nothing about his misdirecting us onto Tom.

Unless I missed it.

I do not expect him to cry.

But a little responsibility? A little remorse? Statements after misskills can be hard to fake for scum. Often they say nothing. But bozo was a key (the key) part of Tom's death.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2029 Post by dargorygel » Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:36 pm

damo666 wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:26 pm
HR's surprising stupidity in that post virtually confirms him as town.

Why has bo gone unsanctioned?

I dislike the RHK game persona and am willing to vote him off.

Rumi, take it easy. If it's too stressful don't play.

Sorry to have missed both EODs, I'm afraid it is also likely EOD3 should I survive (which I probably will as I'm not the most obvious of night kills).
It is 'an effort.' Of course, I noticed that he miss read what happened to me, and that made me suspicious. Almost like he read what he expected. Like he and the team had hypothesized who I was, and had concluded i was town faking. Expecting that, and with the first vote showing no effect, I wondered if he had knee jerked from THAT perspsective. But upon reflection, I agree with you. It is odd that he ASKED about the VC, and then still wrote as if i were scum.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#2030 Post by dargorygel » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:00 pm

Actually, boza was around more than was in my head, after our night's relationship discussions. I'll have something to say about WHAT bozo said when i have a chance.

wolfu

#2031 Post by wolfu » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:18 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:22 am
I'm msotly fine. I'm sorry I'm feeling kind of sick. I got myself wound up and I need to sleep it off I think.

the terrible part is that if people actually miss me, I'll still come back for another game, despite that I've one through two games letting it erode my mental health, though I probably see myself being bencehd with Jamie for flipping out like this. I'm going to be banned aren't I. I don't have community standing like Jamie.

i don't get it. what's fn about this.
please take it easy the game isn't worth this

wolfu

#2032 Post by wolfu » Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:20 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:32 am
I spent most of this game ignoring RHKs excessive rudeness because well they say they are in full aggro mode or whatever. But at this point it's rudeness mixed with AtE mixed with bad votes and bad views of the game state.

I'm gonna snap vote RHK every day until they die. I absolutely think they are arguing in bad faith misrepresenting people and their intent and acting like scum and this feels like the behavior I've seen from other scum players when they are frustrated they got caught.
voting based on emotion is going to lead to incorrect kills the vast majority of the time.

Princess Neon

#2033 Post by Princess Neon » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:00 pm

wolfu wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:20 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:32 am
I spent most of this game ignoring RHKs excessive rudeness because well they say they are in full aggro mode or whatever. But at this point it's rudeness mixed with AtE mixed with bad votes and bad views of the game state.

I'm gonna snap vote RHK every day until they die. I absolutely think they are arguing in bad faith misrepresenting people and their intent and acting like scum and this feels like the behavior I've seen from other scum players when they are frustrated they got caught.
voting based on emotion is going to lead to incorrect kills the vast majority of the time.
I dunno I win a lot

Rumi Tobari

#2034 Post by Rumi Tobari » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:16 pm

I'm awake for a moment and feel kinda fluffy and like I'm floating on clouds. Its it possible for staff to delete the part where I'm on undeletable record saying bad things about walsh. That has the potential to look really reaelly bad for me a few months to a year down the line if it ever comes up again.

Rumi Tobari

#2035 Post by Rumi Tobari » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:17 pm

Also I'm so sorry. I don't remember anything before I slept, kind of cringing waking up nd reading all that.

Rumi Tobari

#2036 Post by Rumi Tobari » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:22 pm

Going back to sleep. Actual sleep. And probably not really going to remember this either after I wake up. But a huge pblic meltdown like this is really ambarrsing and I'm sorryh

wolfu

#2037 Post by wolfu » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:45 pm

i guess the thing is i don't feel like demonrhk is misrepresenting people as much as he's wrapped up in his (somewhat deluded) worldview. there's a type of scumplayer who can pull of the hyper-aggro mass gaslighting people with obviously faulty arguments but they're pretty rare. From the glimpses of his personality I've seen I don't think the AtE or bad views of the game state are manufactured I think he genuinely believes it.

bozotheclown

#2038 Post by bozotheclown » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:51 pm

wolfu wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:13 am
i should also say: people should probably ease up on the hero solve try to guess the whole team by finding associations stuff

because, in general, you are incredibly likely to be wrong on those things

it is much harder by numbers to guess a pairing correctly than to catch a single scum

there will be dozens of incidental interactions between two players that are going to look like they could be a team but they will both be town

for now i would like to simply focus on finding a single scum, because we haven't gotten one yet

that's not to say you can't have multiple scumreads but i think they should be based on more than how two people interacted toward one another
As reasonable as this is, I will probably ignore it.

wolfu

#2039 Post by wolfu » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:52 pm

and at any rate the thing to keep in mind is that you need to make the distinction between things you dislike and think are bad versus things that actually make sense from the perspective of an informed minority

I think in that sense RHK's aggression and condescending behavior is something i dislike but it doesn't particularly mean he has a mafia role.

in contrast, i think the way sabi is playing basically perfectly fits for an informed minority - they're playing from the sidelines, interjecting ito arguments but not really trying mafia at any point, and are mostly doing things like contradicting other people's arguments as to why someone is mafia and trying to stay out of the fray, keep their hands clean. the whole schtick about "being scared to mess up" by voting on a day 2 elim was absurdly performative - that's not the thoughts of a townie who is trying to figure things out and pick a side. that's someone who's trying to look townie but doesn't have the proper perspective and is acting concerned about a decision that is not actually all that critical.

wolfu

#2040 Post by wolfu » Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:53 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:51 pm
As reasonable as this is, I will probably ignore it.
i mean hey suit yourself i'm not going to tell you how to play i'm just giving advice but if your methods work for you feel free to disregard them