M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1421 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:32 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:12 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:44 am
Here are my observation so far:

The type of interaction Bonatogether and Princess Neon have had usually ends up being TvT. Unless it is some elaborate scum theater, one of them would have to be giving a very solid performance to be mafia. Also, individually I do not see any particular reason to think they are scum (unless Princess Neon and Tom are scum teammates and she was bussing Tom at the start of D1).

Unless Rumi Tobari and Bonatogether are mafia or Rumi Tobari has the double vote, I do not see any scum motivation for Rumi Tobari unvoting at D1 EOD. Even those would not be good scum reasons. Also, her misinterpreting my pointing out her vote for me D1 was not formatted correctly and citing that as her reason for choosing between worcej and Bonatogether at D1 EOD seems more like a town thing to do.

HR missed D1, but his reasonable N1 analysis seems not too easy to fake as mafia.

pyxxy did some significant town telling when responding to my survey request, I tend to think he would not go that far out of his way to fake a town tell.

wolfu seems likely to be town, if he is scum, he is putting is some effort.

dargorygel will get resolved, apparently D2 EOD, but I am not sure how that works, stealing a vote that no longer exists. I assume there will be 16 total votes.

That is 7 players I do not think are good DKs today, unless something changes.
Realizing that I am over-focusing on ME ME ME (but hey, that is who I am, and it is the ONE solid thing I know in this game...) I find it unlikely that mech-minded bozo is unaware of how the vote stealing works. Not only does the GM answer a question about it, but it IS deductible from the game description Order of Events. Town bozo would not miss this. Even busy, tired, life distracted bozo. HIs comments on me, in lieu of a read-list are fluff.

##VOTE BOZO
The GM answer was clear, I meant that stealing the vote of a NKed player has the effect of adding a vote, because if you had stolen any other player's vote, there would still only be 15 votes D2 (assuming no mafia double vote), but since you get to keep your stolen vote, there will be 16 votes. The end result is not the equivalent of stealing a vote in the literal sense.

wolfu

#1422 Post by wolfu » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:22 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:18 pm
Also, what do people think about a fun game of swing-the-sub?
rather just...give him time to post and get into the game? evaluate him on what he's done by the time deadline rolls around

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1423 Post by dargorygel » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:33 pm

wolfu wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:22 pm
dargorygel wrote:
rather just...give him time to post and get into the game? evaluate him on what he's done by the time deadline rolls around
Do you think that consistency is a scumtell or towntell?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1424 Post by dargorygel » Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:46 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:32 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:12 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:44 am
Here are my observation so far:

The type of interaction Bonatogether and Princess Neon have had usually ends up being TvT. Unless it is some elaborate scum theater, one of them would have to be giving a very solid performance to be mafia. Also, individually I do not see any particular reason to think they are scum (unless Princess Neon and Tom are scum teammates and she was bussing Tom at the start of D1).

Unless Rumi Tobari and Bonatogether are mafia or Rumi Tobari has the double vote, I do not see any scum motivation for Rumi Tobari unvoting at D1 EOD. Even those would not be good scum reasons. Also, her misinterpreting my pointing out her vote for me D1 was not formatted correctly and citing that as her reason for choosing between worcej and Bonatogether at D1 EOD seems more like a town thing to do.

HR missed D1, but his reasonable N1 analysis seems not too easy to fake as mafia.

pyxxy did some significant town telling when responding to my survey request, I tend to think he would not go that far out of his way to fake a town tell.

wolfu seems likely to be town, if he is scum, he is putting is some effort.

dargorygel will get resolved, apparently D2 EOD, but I am not sure how that works, stealing a vote that no longer exists. I assume there will be 16 total votes.

That is 7 players I do not think are good DKs today, unless something changes.
Realizing that I am over-focusing on ME ME ME (but hey, that is who I am, and it is the ONE solid thing I know in this game...) I find it unlikely that mech-minded bozo is unaware of how the vote stealing works. Not only does the GM answer a question about it, but it IS deductible from the game description Order of Events. Town bozo would not miss this. Even busy, tired, life distracted bozo. HIs comments on me, in lieu of a read-list are fluff.

##VOTE BOZO
The GM answer was clear, I meant that stealing the vote of a NKed player has the effect of adding a vote, because if you had stolen any other player's vote, there would still only be 15 votes D2 (assuming no mafia double vote), but since you get to keep your stolen vote, there will be 16 votes. The end result is not the equivalent of stealing a vote in the literal sense.
Thanks for answering, bozo. I'm trying to decide if you are now adding depth, or if it was there to begin with.

wolfu

#1425 Post by wolfu » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:05 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:33 pm
wolfu wrote:
dargorygel wrote:
neither? it heavily depends on context. i think often town ca be more erratic than scum but you can usully trace an underlying reason as to why.

what does this have to do with the sub? (am i just totally misunderstanding what you were asking here?)

Princess Neon

#1426 Post by Princess Neon » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:09 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:48 am
Hi can everyone share their general reads about people. I'm trying to see something
BesharamSabi feels off but I'm giving you another phase cause I can understand why it could be even if your town

Bonatogether hate the approach to me my slot and other slots. Literally can not remember anything they've done that's helped solve the game. I do think me and Bona can be T v T. In fact... probably more likely than Bona woof but sometimes the woofs do actually do the woofiest thing. Love to see how pressure effects the slot.

bozotheclown - I still hate this slot. I still think this slot is scum. I still hate the survey. I still hate how much time and how many posts they've spent focused on the survey and nothing else. I probably shouldn't have let everyone talk me out of the lim d1 because of meta. Even if it's meta by admission it is an NAI meta and a bad play imo even if NAI

bo_sox48 - does admittedly feel different than last game. Could it just be because being busy? I dunno they were busy last game iirc. I admittedly only kind of paid attention after I subbed mostly skimmed I might just sheep on this slot unless I see something egregious.

RagingIke297 - who?

damo666 - honestly don't remember anything from this slot

dargorygel - resolves it's self

DemonRHK - I get a weird vibe from their interactions this game maybe it's just their style? I'm inclined to scum read it but nobody else has even expressed doubt in the slot. Keeping my reservations though.

Hellenic Riot - towny solvy good vibes

Princess Neon - I'm town and I'm firmly in my town range. Self Meta bad read for yourself.

pyxxy - towny like my most confident town read

rdrivera2005 - sussy among us mostly a vibe reads

Rumi Tobari - feels identical to last game. It's this style easy to replicate as scum? I think yes it is given how often she exclaims she's just being herself and I believe her so I need to read around the behavior. I insisted she was town yesterday but am actively reevaluating that on 2nd thought. Unvote was not out of the ordinary for how she acted last game.

Tom Bombadil - scummy scum who scums. Follow the dead

wolfu - feels kinda sus game play wise but like also the vibes have been emaculatefor thread health.

Princess Neon

#1427 Post by Princess Neon » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:10 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:37 am
Sabi Neon Ike or Wolfu I think.

##vote Raging as a placeholder. Tempted to vote Sabi but don't want an early hammer.
This is... actually am awful take lol

##VOTE damo

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1428 Post by dargorygel » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:12 pm

wolfu wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:05 pm
dargorygel wrote:
wolfu wrote:

neither? it heavily depends on context. i think often town ca be more erratic than scum but you can usully trace an underlying reason as to why.

what does this have to do with the sub? (am i just totally misunderstanding what you were asking here?)
I'm refering to some inconsistent stuff i see in you. Ill get back to it when i have a chance.

Princess Neon

#1429 Post by Princess Neon » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:13 pm

Actually ##UNVOTE

Damo do you think the three of us have wolf equity together? And why are we your targets when it's unlikely any of us swing today?

damo666

#1430 Post by damo666 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:23 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:13 pm
Actually ##UNVOTE

Damo do you think the three of us have wolf equity together? And why are we your targets when it's unlikely any of us swing today?
Three? You Ike Sabi Wolfu is 4.

Equity? Dunno. There would need to be 2 scum in there [well < 8/7 but you can't be partly scum] so maybe, maybe not. I don't know. Do you?

Likeliness of dk - too far away from EOD to tell. [Avoid 'swing']

Princess Neon

#1431 Post by Princess Neon » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:30 pm

damo666 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:23 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:13 pm
Actually ##UNVOTE

Three? You Ike Sabi Wolfu is 4.

Equity? Dunno. There would need to be 2 scum in there [well < 8/7 but you can't be partly scum] so maybe, maybe not. I don't know. Do you?

Likeliness of dk - too far away from EOD to tell. [Avoid 'swing']
I misread.

So want to tell me why these are the 4 targets or not cause like Sabi Me and Wolfu are pretty unpaired and Ike hasn't gotten to play the damn game.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1432 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:38 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:10 pm
damo666 wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:37 am
Sabi Neon Ike or Wolfu I think.

##vote Raging as a placeholder. Tempted to vote Sabi but don't want an early hammer.
This is... actually am awful take lol

##VOTE damo
Awful Damo is usually town Damo, lol.

I usually think Damo is more "agenda" oriented as scum and more chaotic as town.

wolfu

#1433 Post by wolfu » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:40 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:12 pm
wolfu wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:05 pm
dargorygel wrote:

I'm refering to some inconsistent stuff i see in you. Ill get back to it when i have a chance.
oh well then for me it's a towntell (kidding)

curious as to what you've seen

damo666

#1434 Post by damo666 » Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:46 pm

Reads list [sort of - more like notes]

Survey participants

Bozo - nothing apart from survey until recent observations post which I quite liked. The brain kill means a temp pass overall - NULL

Rumi - very like last time so unless cheating with Paladin [very very unlikely] medium/strong TOWNLEAN

Demon - didn't like at first but brain kill gives me doubt also a bit aggressive to be scum - NULL

darg - assume TOWN, self resolves today

Pyx - slight TOWNLEAN

Tom - Temp pass due to brainkill - NULL

rdr - I think the trademark has run its course - slight SCUMLEAN

HR - don't like the fact he's gone missing but still medium TOWNLEAN

Survey non-participants

Sabi - Haven't a clue NULL

Bona - originally a scumread but changed my mind - NULL

Bo - Quiet. Temp pass due to brainkill - NULL

RagingIke - Not said much. I hope he completes survey. - NULL

Neon - I find hard to read. - NULL

Wolfu - Although sounds towny on the face of it seems like a player would be crafty as scum - NULL

Not gonna vote for today - Bozo, Rumi, darg, Pyx, Tom, HR, Bo

This leaves: Demon*, rdr, Sabi, Bona*, Ike, Neon, Wolfu

Willing to vote any of these, with * slightly less so.

As rdr is my only read on the scumside of NULL I will ##vote rdr but I'd rather vote a non-participant. Happy to move later in day to consolidate any on my list. Apologies to the at least 3 non scum out of the seven!

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1435 Post by Tom Bombadil » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:20 pm

@Neon - when did your scumread of me begin?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1436 Post by dargorygel » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:14 pm

@TomBomb. Thoughts on bozo, further on bona, and on me?

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1437 Post by pyxxy » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:16 pm

sorry to drop in randomly, life got really busy, I should be online during my afternoon/evening in ~8 hours but I'll be at a wedding tomorrow during ~3 hours before and after EOD, ttyl

Rumi Tobari

#1438 Post by Rumi Tobari » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:44 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Hi can everyone share their general reads about people. I'm trying to see something
BesharamSabi - no particularly strong opinions, but I reread after bozo said wolfu's case was interesting and... Sabi doesn't feel too different to me? Everything they're doing feels within expectations? Neon knows Sabi better so I'm going to trust her if she says something might be off. no read, but trusting neon here.

bozotheclown - I was kind of ready to vote bozo, but then he comes along and explains whats been going on in a clear concise way (remniscent of President Eden last game) that is easily understood and makes me all "ohhh", and feels more value-adding than all the survey talk. maybe town? no read?

Bonatogether - related to the above, I was kinda scumreading Bona for some of the same reasons as Sabi was citing, but then Bozo comes along and kinda paints eveyrthing Bona did in a different light, which throws my entire read into a tizzy because I didn't think there was a different light. maybe scum but maybe town?

bo_sox - I barely remember anything bo has said. no read.

damo666 - doing more than last time, I don't know if that's meaningful because we afk killed him D1. null.

dargorygel - I didn't think darg was a good vote D1, but I also couldn't see anything particular that everyone else was. When he said "I crumbed" I read it as "I crumbled" and took it to mean that he choked in some way and gave up when everyone was voting for him, and then I felt really kinda bad about not being able to more strongly push back against voting for him. We'll find out if he's JOAT at EOD.

DemonRHK - some of DemonRHK's actions feel convenient and insincere, particularly positing that I'm "not that smart" for the paladin play then aboutfacing and being "she's a lowkey sociopath". This is is just my interpretation of the intent, but those feel like opposiing views, and that's reminding me of things I found suspicious in Neon last game. Similarly, he was like "damo guilty" then the moment damo townreads he turns around and says he's tunneling and unvotes. Feels very convenient, but I've never seen him play so I don't know if its meaningful. Kinda leaning scum.

Hellenic Riot - feels very solvey in his one big post, but I think his opinion on deathproof is enlightening, because I recall rdr having a similar role last game and thinking it sucked and wrote it off. But the explanation made me realize it was more useful than it looks. Interesting views and ideas. leaning town.

Princess Neon - feels like an entirely different person in this game, strongest townread I have.

pyxxy is feeling a little more towny and participatory than D1, which is in line with what I was expecting based on last game.
Princess Neon wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 2:09 pm
RagingIke297 - who?
He said like, three things on N1 (actualy six according to the bot), all I remember of them was the emoting at DRHK. No strong opinions at this time? But considering the sub is based on the other player's non presence on the forum for a week (as opposed to Byz or Neon last game), I don't think swinging the sub is a good plan. total null, not enough info.

rdrivera2005 - rdr doesn't feel different from last time, but given rdr's scheduling issues I'm kind of feeling the behavior is NAI at this point? (that said, I kind of want to know where the "if I die, kill bozo or Bo" thing interesting). proabably null?

Tom Bombadil - Despite his activity, I barely remember anything Tom has done and... considering some of the opinions around I think that might be a bad thing? kinda null?

wolfu - wolfu kinda doing therapying, he's offering opinions and rationales for his actions, but I'm not sure what to think

I dunno? am I doing it right? kind of half expect someone to come along and refute everything I said here becauuse all their reads are based in meta I'm not familiar with.

BesharamSabi

#1439 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:44 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:53 am
Remind me tomorrow to analyze the percentage of Bona iso devoted to:
  • asking neon pointless questions
  • being pedantic and asking nonsense questions to wolfu
  • badgering me
  • talking about the nazi game
  • shutting people down when it comes to trying to solve the game
VS actual posts of him solving atp in the game

A better picture at what I'm getting at.
Bona had 93 posts D1 and 43 posts n1:

Out of those posts:
  • 4 were eu4 (2.9%)
  • 22 were fights with neon/me/wolfu (16.2%)
  • 13 were shuts down solving (9.6%)
  • 53 were filler (39.0%)
I can share the work I did but here's the data points.

BesharamSabi

#1440 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Sep 16, 2022 4:45 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:14 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
I think I already did what you are asking.
There's 13 other slots besides your bozo but thank you