M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#1181 Post by pyxxy » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:39 pm

wolfu wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:00 pm
i'm probably gonna regret shielding damo day 1
*sings* if we’re, going, down, well, we’re going, down, together

BesharamSabi

#1182 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:46 pm

Sup nerds

wolfu

#1183 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:46 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:03 am
I don't know. Isn't that kind of a thing I deserve? I'm... problematic? I read that article about that guy who faked his suicide and I was like, this guy takes mafia way too seriously.

Then I thought about how I take this game too seriously when I'm here and realized like holy shit I see parallels, except that guy had a job and was functional in society and I'm not. I'm just insane and not in the cool way, but the actually fucking crazy way
okay, first of all, eris was a manipulative abuser whose actions had very little to do with taking the game too seriously, as a matter of fact i don't really believe he cared about the game of mafia at all, really. don't compare yourself to him.

with regard to taking the game too seriously, that's a matter of perspective. first, remind yourself that this is just a silly little game on the internet and none of it reaally matters. second of all, remember that this is literally your second game. you don't need to be taking things so seriously when you've barely even played and don't know what you're doing. it's fine. we're gonna try to play the game as best we can, maybe we lose because we've misplayed things, maybe we win, but either way it's not really a big deal. just try your best and look at it as a learning experience. i don't expect you to be an immediate genius at the game and neither should anyone else.

anyway, i've played this game in a lot of places and it attracts a lot of people who are neurodivergent and/or have mental health problems. i think some of it is people looking for a social outlet online tend to be drawn to it. so whatever issues you have going on you're not weird or abnormal for it in the realm of forum mafia players and you shouldn't feel negatively about yourself because of them. you are valid and i appreciate being able to chat with you through this text box on a message board for an online version of a board game.

BesharamSabi

#1184 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:47 pm

I'm sick and running around Chicago to prep for weasel Moot next weekend. Ama

Rumi Tobari

#1185 Post by Rumi Tobari » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:03 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:43 pm
Speaking of bailing, Rumi looks GODAWFUL on votes alone. I want to give Rumi a pass becuase I know them and can handwave it as Rumi's anxiety...but Rumi is a low key sociopath imo and I can't help but feel played.
Dude. What the fuck. That's literally in video games and random batshit crazy things I say that half the time don't go anywhere. And even then most of the time I lean paragon when dealing with people with feelings. I'm near phobic of doing evil things in most non CP2077 streams becausee you like to randomly pop out of the woodwork and shout use them as proof I'm chaotic evil.

Also, I'd like to point something out.
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:56 pm
Knowing Rumi, on a kneejeck I would say Rumi isn't this smart.

On the other hand, scum did get a pregame. Still some 'aliens' level shit
You go from telling people "Rumi's not that smart" to "Rumi might be a sociopath pretending". What the fuck.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1186 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:07 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:30 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:09 pm
if you wanna say this is textbook bozo and his survey comes from a towny place. stick with that. see where that goes. I would think a dead villager is a little more
important to analyze but thats up to you.

I suspect bozo will keep ending up on wagons getting town killed. maybe more town who did the survey also. at some point if you are playing the game I assume youll drop the value you are giving the survey. because it isnt
enough for me, and I assume inevitably it wont be enough for anyone
Of course Bozo deserves scrutiny as a worcej voter. So do Tom pyxxy Demon and Bo. I already said I think at least 2 scum on worcej. I think this is where we need to concentrate.
I think of that list, pyxxy is probably NAI as a worcej voter since they hopped off darg after the claim and were looking for an alternative wagon. Demon and Bo both voted worcej after darts claim, but they weren’t on darg before the claim like pyxxy was

Rumi Tobari

#1187 Post by Rumi Tobari » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:12 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 12:04 pm
I thought UNVOTE after having placed a vote was now OK as an alternate to voting NO-KILL. However, it was an interesting choice. You said you voted for worcej to break the tie. What did you think the vote was when you unvoted?
Five or six. But I remember it being three when I clicked post, and watching this brought back serious deja vu vibes from last game. Partially when we afk killed Damo, but spent time shuffling the ties, but partially when everyone suddenly flashwagoned Sabi.

"Jesus christ, are we doing this again?" turned into "holy shit, how did I get sucked into this insanity. I should have left my vote static and assumed someone else would tiebreak. I don't want to do this. And then at 3:59 unvote was fewer characters than going back to vote rhk and faster than thinking about a better target. I prioritized speed at the moment I still remember pyx being late to the vote switch from damo last time.

I admit I flipped a coin on Bona vs worcej. As for why I didn't consider bozo:
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:32 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:27 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:17 pm
I like the idea of a real push on bozo here just to see what vultures come out of the woodwork to try and save him
Because at this point I have no strong feelings on anyone else, I can get behind this. Also because apparently while typing this we tied. What the fuck RHK.
#vote bozo
This is not a valid vote, but you should put in somewhere else.
I uh... took this at face value, and assumed I was being informed I was voting on a bad premise and should stop.

damo666

#1188 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:13 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:07 pm
damo666 wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
if you wanna say this is textbook bozo and his survey comes from a towny place. stick with that. see where that goes. I would think a dead villager is a little more

I suspect bozo will keep ending up on wagons getting town killed. maybe more town who did the survey also. at some point if you are playing the game I assume youll drop the value you are giving the survey. because it isnt
Of course Bozo deserves scrutiny as a worcej voter. So do Tom pyxxy Demon and Bo. I already said I think at least 2 scum on worcej. I think this is where we need to concentrate.
I think of that list, pyxxy is probably NAI as a worcej voter since they hopped off darg after the claim and were looking for an alternative wagon. Demon and Bo both voted worcej after darts claim, but they weren’t on darg before the claim like pyxxy was
Fair comment. I rank it Bo/Demon> Bozo>Tom>pyxxy

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1189 Post by Tom Bombadil » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:15 pm

Rumi is town. I like that explanation quite a lot - seems natural and honest

wolfu

#1190 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:16 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:46 am
I got invited by someone I considered to be one of my best friends though we've kind of fallen off now to play on a forum for a NationStates community. I played my first several games there but I'm shadow banned over bullshit now.

Anyways when I started I was a memer who occasionally threw in some reads but mostly I just played too fuck around and have fun than I went to champs mafia was ruined for me forever I want to refund my passion for it but it mostly just infuriates me when I try because people treat me like a noob or tell me I'm bad kinda makes me want to go back to being a joke because I want to be

This isn't a thing about webdip to be clear it happens everywhere.

So what do I like about mafia...it used to be a place where I made friends... still do sometimes but I feel like I make friends a lot less now and even when I do I usually lose them during a game of mafia for one reason or another.
Princess Neon wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:55 am
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:51 am
I represented webdiplomacy in champs S4 and S5. I embarrassed myself and played horrible. I was a drunken jackass back then.
I hate defended a wolf for 3 days despite them being firmly in everyone's poe. Literally figured the game out in lylo but nobody would listen to me by then. Woofs got me for the last mislim

My play style is generally town hunting. I hate scum hunting I'm ass at it... but lately I am also ass at town hunting. I'm just so demotivated to try in mafia. And I have no idea how to have fun make friends not be an ass and contribute in some way when my mafia self image has just been torn to shreds over the last several months since champs
i am always amazed to hear nationstates is still going given i briefly played it in the early aughts before getting bored

anyway, speaking as someone who has a problem with taking the game too seriously and being excessively self-critical, this isn't healthy. you need to have a better relationship with the game. mistakes are a normal and expected part of the game. it's okay to be wrong sometimes and it's not the end of the world. there's this mentality where if you're not literally perfect you suck and it's really not helpful to think that way (MU is especially bad with this tbh). it's unrealistic and it makes the game less enjoyable, and if you're self-flagellating every time you get something wrong it actually makes it harder to correct your perspective and get better reads afterward.

if you want some help on having fun and maybe making friends, my advice to you is just take it easy. don't beat yourself up over every mistake, don't even worry so much about winning or losing. just try your best and whatever happens, happens. be respectful to others and feel free to joke around or get off topic a bit, have some fun just talking with people. remember it's just a game and none of this really matters.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1191 Post by DemonRHK » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:16 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:03 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 2:43 pm
Speaking of bailing, Rumi looks GODAWFUL on votes alone. I want to give Rumi a pass becuase I know them and can handwave it as Rumi's anxiety...but Rumi is a low key sociopath imo and I can't help but feel played.
Dude. What the fuck. That's literally in video games and random batshit crazy things I say that half the time don't go anywhere. And even then most of the time I lean paragon when dealing with people with feelings. I'm near phobic of doing evil things in most non CP2077 streams becausee you like to randomly pop out of the woodwork and shout use them as proof I'm chaotic evil.

Also, I'd like to point something out.
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:56 pm
Knowing Rumi, on a kneejeck I would say Rumi isn't this smart.

On the other hand, scum did get a pregame. Still some 'aliens' level shit
You go from telling people "Rumi's not that smart" to "Rumi might be a sociopath pretending". What the fuck.
Fine. Sorry. WHatever.

Won't talk about you outside of the perview of the game again. Happy?

wolfu

#1192 Post by wolfu » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:23 pm

anyway, sorry for playing guidance counselor instead of engaging in hard-nosed solving, i just felt compelled to write that stuff because those posts gave me concern on a personal level. game was already kind of uncomfortable before that and the best thing i could do while only half paying attention at work. i trust other people to have better leads than me right now anyway

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1193 Post by pyxxy » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:24 pm

Maybe I'm just setting myself up to get convinced but I want to see what bozo does in the first half of D2. Nights can be skipped. I want to see something come from this survey or followup or whatever. I want SIMP analysis 2.0 8-)

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1194 Post by pyxxy » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:25 pm

damo666 wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

Would you also count Rumi as a worcej voter given she was right until unvoting?

Rumi Tobari

#1195 Post by Rumi Tobari » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:26 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:16 pm
Fine. Sorry. WHatever.

Won't talk about you outside of the perview of the game again. Happy?
No. That's not what I'm meaning. I started and stopped a bunch of times and I don't have time to sort out what I'm trying or even want to say because I have to go to store really quick.

brainbomb

#1196 Post by brainbomb » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:27 pm

ive been modkilled by chaqa before for ending a day in unvote status.

thats a zero tolerance rule for him. rumi is lucky to be alive

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1197 Post by pyxxy » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:33 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:47 pm
I'm sick and running around Chicago to prep for weasel Moot next weekend. Ama
what's worse, a worcej voter or a brunch eater?

damo666

#1198 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:37 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:25 pm
damo666 wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

I suppose so.

damo666

#1199 Post by damo666 » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:39 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:37 pm
pyxxy wrote:
damo666 wrote:

I suppose so.
Although I agrre with Tom in thinking Rumi is town.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1200 Post by pyxxy » Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:43 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:39 pm
damo666 wrote:
Thu Sep 15, 2022 5:37 pm
pyxxy wrote:

I suppose so.
Although I agrre with Tom in thinking Rumi is town.
Likewise, so I don't think it affects the "two scum on worcej" theory. Just dotting our i's and crossing our t's here.