M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#761 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:44 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:33 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:26 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:02 pm

Also I'm in a bit of a "let the lurkers live a little" phase because it's been wrong in M75 and M1021, which sure is maybe a little more of the gambler's fallacy (trying to nail 1 scum lurking in 3 people is going to miss 2 out of 3 times).

But like I agreed with worcej earlier, I agree with the idea that scum are more likely to be more active because of the N0.
Sorry for missing these.

I disagree with pretty much everything you’ve said here but most of it is philosophical so I’ll just say you’re wrong and let it be.

As for not pressuring rdrivera and explicitly noting that you won’t pressure rdrivera because he couldn’t handle pressure in a prior game, that is some bullshit. If he’s too busy to play he just won’t reply - who cares?

##VOTE pyxxy
Sigh. So you're just running back last game, huh.

Maybe rdr is right about you being salty.

On the other hand, you've got a good point here. It's not my responsibility for rdr to be able to handle pressure as a townie. And if he has a town PR tell, it's also his responsibility to fix that and play better.
I can handle pressure pretty well, thank you.

And I had a vanilla tell that I am trying to not use anymore because it isn't good for town, but some people (like Damo) keep talking about it and even exposed me as PR once.

worcej

#762 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:44 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:36 pm
wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:33 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:08 pm
I’m not that concerned with it lol. I just think it’s kinda pointless to use the thread as your own personal notepad, but I am getting to the point where I townread you for it
i think having my personal stances on record is useful
I agree keep doing it
I also agree, but give us some why every once and awhile.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#763 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:45 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:43 pm
bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:40 pm
I’d say I’m uncomfortable with this EOD but I’m really just uncomfortable with this entire day in general. Not much going on here.
I borderline dislike the 24 hr D1 because of this.

Granted, we normally don’t have much information on a D1 to make informed votes, but I feel like people are making conclusions on worse information this game.
Yeah we’ll talk mechanics post-game but I am really not a fan either

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#764 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:46 pm

brainbomb wrote:
If he wasn't such a good friend this would just feel alot simpler. Some part of me thinks he just kinda walked himself into a bathtub, fell in, twisted his ankle, and is just lost town who got cornerned and taken aback by being pushed by so many.

It doesnt explain the other flaws and issues happening but it can be a reality.

on the other hand darg knows I change my mind and im the best person to screw with of his voters because I am heavily influenced by AtE and by our friendship
Can you explain why people are voting darg? Or at the very least why you are voting darg? I’ve only read one post of his.

wolfu

#765 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:46 pm

bo seems okay (unlike the actual bosox)

i had rhk leaning town off gut feels from voicing expectation of day 1 being a shitshow, his suspicion on damo made a fair deal of sense to me as well

readn hm over again wuldn't bet the farm on it but meh at the prospect of wagoning him right now

darg is definitely defeatist i just don't think defeatism in the face of being wagon is telling of being town or scum

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#766 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:46 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
I still think worcej is as reasonable vote for today, he seems in his D1 scum range to me, blending in more than he usually does as town.
It's a valid point but it also rely on Worcej not being able to avoid picking fights only when he is scum, which is a bit unfair to him.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#767 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:46 pm

##CALL GM what is going to happen to the nonposters/nonvoters?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#768 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:48 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:46 pm
##GM Note:
I'm working on securing potential replacements if needed.

Bonatogether

#769 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:48 pm

wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:12 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:58 pm
interesting. what have you learned about bozo?
people have informed me repeatedly he does the survey stuff as either alignment and so it has made me more cautious with my read of him, additionally i look around the game and see more people that are towntelling than not and it moves him down in my estimation given i've only seen him do the survey (and the points about it being a potential time waster kind of stick in my mind)
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:58 pm
to agree with brainbomb's assessment of his play as each alignment, you necessarily have to know damo's alignment
no, that's not how this works

brainbomb said damo as town is annoying and hunts in (what he perceives as) antitown ways

at that time as i'm discussing these reads damo comse in with some posts about how the survey will be illuminating but he's not going to explain why yet and we need to force people to participate

he's talking like he's doing a magic trick and doesn't want to reveal the surprise to the audience just yet

which seems to me way more like a town who is self-absorbed with some idea they totally think is great even though i am dubious of its usefulness
who are these people that are towntelling? gimmie names.

using brain's understanding of damo (cringe) and agreeing with it are two different things. you can say, 'hey according to brain's metric, damo is town', but you don't have the repeat games with damo to actually know for yourself - brain could be bullshittting you. there's simply no way for you to 'agree' with brain's metric

wolfu

#770 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:48 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
brainbomb wrote:
If he wasn't such a good friend this would just feel alot simpler. Some part of me thinks he just kinda walked himself into a bathtub, fell in, twisted his ankle, and is just lost town who got cornerned and taken aback by being pushed by so many.

on the other hand darg knows I change my mind and im the best person to screw with of his voters because I am heavily influenced by AtE and by our friendship
Can you explain why people are voting darg? Or at the very least why you are voting darg? I’ve only read one post of his.
was this post for me:
dargorygel wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:53 pm
Really, brain? You've described nothing really more than gut feeling on ne. Did your scum team come up with a list of folk whose playstyle you think yiu can get a misskill on? Can you explain why you put me as your only acum absolute sure scumread? I can accept gut reads on d1... expect them, even. But this is overthetop.
i did not like this reaction to being named as a scumread by bb

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#771 Post by pyxxy » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:48 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:39 pm
for sabi and rumi can you direct me to a post that is telling you this is gonna flip town? or explain an emotion or a tell you are getting that is driving that thought?
sabi said they would miss EOD so I'm not sure you're gonna get your answer

I've also gone and re-read darg (s/o to M75's ISO considered harmful), your observations seem accurate.
https://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g ... dargorygel

I don't see much of an attempt to actively participate. Likes the survey but then when darg returns at -08:00 and -05:00, he doesn't actually engage with the survey results. So I'm willing to flip darg today.

##VOTE darg

But I'm going to watch for late switches to darg (mine included) since we're in an auto-hammer game.

worcej

#772 Post by worcej » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:48 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:41 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
I still think worcej is as reasonable vote for today, he seems in his D1 scum range to me, blending in more than he usually does as town.
How am I blending in more than I normally do as town?
You usually have more players wanting to vote for you D1 when you are town.

Why did you not take Tom's N0 post as a joke?
I don’t really know what to say about the first point because D1 votes are entirely a vibe thing and I have been putting effort into being less abrasive for the sake of my sanity.

The second one is more interesting. Why did you take my vote seriously?

Rumi Tobari

#773 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:48 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:44 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:07 pm
darg can self pres on bozo, bona, or damo and seems defeated instead.
Or I defend myself by voting for someone I think is scum. ::shrug::

I play this game more by observing and gathering than asking. Always have.

I'm trying to time my mac and cheese cooking to check in. But noodles be noodles.
Oooh, tell me more about these? Instant just add water cups? Instant add water packets you dump in a bowl? Overpriced but really tasty frozen macaroni in the trays? Actuall homade good stuff?

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#774 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:49 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:48 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
worcej wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:41 pm
How am I blending in more than I normally do as town?
You usually have more players wanting to vote for you D1 when you are town.

Why did you not take Tom's N0 post as a joke?
I don’t really know what to say about the first point because D1 votes are entirely a vibe thing and I have been putting effort into being less abrasive for the sake of my sanity.

The second one is more interesting. Why did you take my vote seriously?
##vote worcej

Your vote was serious and now portraying it as a joke is weird.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#775 Post by DemonRHK » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:49 pm

Chaqa wrote:
bo_sox48 wrote:
##GM Note:
I'm working on securing potential replacements if needed.
SWING.
THE.
SUBS.

Bonatogether

#776 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:49 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 7:43 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:53 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:40 am

Oh no I meant I'm gonna get voted out by like d3 lol
are you scum?
Sure. Why not?
scumslip!

brainbomb

#777 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:49 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

I think it started for me when he spent 11 pages talking about what scum adventuring party would be the most fun.
he then spent the rest of that time asking others what scum roles they liked the most and did zero questioning of anyone.
then he started getting voted and he used the defense that he is being asked to do too much with regards to how hes reading people. referring to that as being asked to give a gettysburg address.

then he vanished for a while and returns with a scumread on me which he has never changed his mind on. he dodged a bunch of questions I asked but then came back in calling the questions all purely rhetorical when they consisted of him parroting reads but forgetting who originally said the things he was trying to lecture us on. When asked who he was even talking about he didnt have an answer.

If this is town im gonna feel really bad but I think this is just caught darg having a rough game and trying to stay on damage control for his team

Bonatogether

#778 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:50 pm

it's closer to eod than i thought

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#779 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:50 pm

wolfu wrote:
bo_sox48 wrote:
brainbomb wrote:

was this post for me:
dargorygel wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:53 pm
Really, brain? You've described nothing really more than gut feeling on ne. Did your scum team come up with a list of folk whose playstyle you think yiu can get a misskill on? Can you explain why you put me as your only acum absolute sure scumread? I can accept gut reads on d1... expect them, even. But this is overthetop.
i did not like this reaction to being named as a scumread by bb
Hey I don’t like that post either, thanks

wolfu

#780 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:50 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
using brain's understanding of damo (cringe) and agreeing with it are two different things. you can say, 'hey according to brain's metric, damo is town', but you don't have the repeat games with damo to actually know for yourself - brain could be bullshittting you. there's simply no way for you to 'agree' with brain's metric
are you always this much of a pedant?

if you'll recall, the whole statement i made that kicked this extended dialogue off is "i see what you mean"

so isn't that...exactly what you're saying?