M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#501 Post by dargorygel » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:54 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:50 pm
The way you just posted this feels like a little red suited man sitting on my shoulder whispering to trust him.

sneaky sneaky dargo
Santa Claus? I hzve been gaining weight lately...

Rumi Tobari

#502 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:55 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:58 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:50 am
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:55 am

Why is defensiveness a scum trait?
Defensiveness is NAI preemptive defensiveness is scummy. Preemptive defensiveness gives you an out for things you know you might do as scum. Like a scum who knows they are more likely to freeze and slank in thread as scum might for instance preempt their lack of content by exclaiming their busy schedule before anyone even asks why they are slanking.

In my experience town players largely tend to only address things like this when they are asked about it while scum tend to address it before anyone even notices.
But Rumi IS town
I'm often defensive about most things because I feel I have to defend my right to have opinions. However...

You're kind of doing that thing again that I thought was scummy last time, but now I'm just starting wondering if its NAI. You're being all "preemptive defensiveness is scummy.", then turning to brain and being "Therefore Rumi is town." which actually kinds of contradicts the point you're making?
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:10 pm
@rumi before you say I'm being pocketed/friend pass. Neon seems alot more assertive and aggressive with her pushes and defenses of herself compared of last game where she was mafia. She's also attempting to solve Tom and bozo.
Also Sabi, if this is her town game, how did you not notice last time? She feels like an entirely different person.

Also... Is there anything to solve at this point? There's no real arguing and rawr like last time. No really obvious lies or contradictions. And while I admit I'm being unrealistic expecting scum to slip up so someone can be all like "You said X ten hours ago and now you're saying Y." or a "I never said it was poison moment", everything so far mostly feels like static to me.

brainbomb

#503 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:55 pm

ho ho ho that was a delight.

:lol:

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#504 Post by DemonRHK » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:58 pm

Oh damoooooo

Where did you gooooooo

You wanted to throoooooooooow

them handsooooooooo

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#505 Post by bo_sox48 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:59 pm

oh god why did i sign up for this

Rumi Tobari

#506 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:00 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:55 pm
You're kind of doing that thing again that I thought was scummy last time, but now I'm just starting wondering if its NAI. You're being all "preemptive defensiveness is scummy.", then turning to brain and being "Therefore Rumi is town." which actually kinds of contradicts the point you're making?
Actually new thought, but its probably meaningless, but I'm just curious. What are the odds of rolling scum, and what are the odds of doing it twice? I was actually kind of assuming Neon was town here because she was scum last time. Isn't it something like 25% on top of 25% so like... 12.5%?

I think those are probably reasonable odds Neon is town?

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#507 Post by DemonRHK » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:01 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:59 pm
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/masochist

brainbomb

#508 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:01 pm

because your only choices were to play chess with sarah palin or watch brazzers for 2 straight weeks

Rumi Tobari

#509 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:01 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:00 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Actually new thought, but its probably meaningless, but I'm just curious. What are the odds of rolling scum, and what are the odds of doing it twice? I was actually kind of assuming Neon was town here because she was scum last time. Isn't it something like 25% on top of 25% so like... 12.5%?

6.25%, sorry, my math was wrong.

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#510 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:01 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:59 pm
Just sheep me bo. (Checks bot to see who I am actually voting…)

brainbomb

#511 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:03 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Rumi Tobari wrote:

gamblers fallacy is a dark dark road to go on. I was just in mafia championships and faced wolf!neopest in my first game, and then faced wolf!neopest in my second game as well. It just happens sometimes and dont rely on this style of oddsmaking to determine someones guilt or innocence. it is random and absolutely can happen two games in a row.

Pretty sure there was a time where rdrivera was scum like 8 games in a row or some heinous amount

wolfu

#512 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:08 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Rumi Tobari wrote:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gambler%27s_fallacy

Rumi Tobari

#513 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:11 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:03 pm
gamblers fallacy is a dark dark road to go on. I was just in mafia championships and faced wolf!neopest in my first game, and then faced wolf!neopest in my second game as well. It just happens sometimes and dont rely on this style of oddsmaking to determine someones guilt or innocence. it is random and absolutely can happen two games in a row.

Pretty sure there was a time where rdrivera was scum like 8 games in a row or some heinous amount
I'll try to keep this in mind, but no promises. I have a long history of falling for it in races in randomizer contexts and just anything that involves RNG or a .rand() function.

"I don't have bombs so I'll skip the back of Blind's Hut, its not like hammer will be back there twice." > (spends an hour going in circles and forgetting about the back of Blind's Hut before going back for the hammer)

(DRHK, I'm psychic, and I see you readying a response about skipping sphere 0 checks. No. Don't. Bad.)

Also 8 games in a row? Wow.

brainbomb

#514 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:15 pm

speaking of rdrivera, there is a meta going around right now across some other mafia servers where a scum player pretends to not know the game had started. Just has me running like a gerbil in a wheel in my brain now.

there ya go darg. theres a tinfoil theory for ya

Rivera faked knowing the game had started so he could be exempt from having done anything night 0

damo666

#515 Post by damo666 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:19 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:36 pm
damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:28 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 3:17 pm
Ok, caught up while I am working.

for now, ##UNVOTE

I want to navigate this shit from a reset perspective. Dargo is still on the list, but it was half a shitpostvote.

So brain make a lot of good points, and his convo with wolf made me realize this is unlike most D1s not only because it's half length, but because scum actually has had a chance to talk shit over.

Bozo against the Sabi Super Sentai Subout Team is a lot of static. Mech talk help foster traffic and content. Is it a bible to live by? Fuuuuuuck no. But does going full Karen and stating he is the devil, when he is expanding the talk that darg started, it a little off. I get the 'lazy content' aspect, but I feel the counter of 'that's stupid and you're stupid' is a pot meets kettle arguement.

Uno reverse card time, damo's willingness to take it as gospel can be looked upon as wither coasting play or a desire to be able to deflect blame later on.
What?
damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 11:23 am
Caught up. Didn't understand about half the posts as I don't get the game references but no matter.

Why was brain being Gollum?

I like Bozo's survey. My vote will be confined to non participants unless there is a 100% response.

I will give my response in next post.
Doesn't follow

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#516 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:21 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:15 pm
speaking of rdrivera, there is a meta going around right now across some other mafia servers where a scum player pretends to not know the game had started. Just has me running like a gerbil in a wheel in my brain now.

there ya go darg. theres a tinfoil theory for ya

Rivera faked knowing the game had started so he could be exempt from having done anything night 0
I’m shocked nobody brought this up until now. I don’t think that’s riveras style, so I strongly townread him for it. Maybe he slipped that in but I believe him.

BesharamSabi

#517 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:23 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:58 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:50 am

Defensiveness is NAI preemptive defensiveness is scummy. Preemptive defensiveness gives you an out for things you know you might do as scum. Like a scum who knows they are more likely to freeze and slank in thread as scum might for instance preempt their lack of content by exclaiming their busy schedule before anyone even asks why they are slanking.

In my experience town players largely tend to only address things like this when they are asked about it while scum tend to address it before anyone even notices.
But Rumi IS town
I'm often defensive about most things because I feel I have to defend my right to have opinions. However...

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:10 pm
@rumi before you say I'm being pocketed/friend pass. Neon seems alot more assertive and aggressive with her pushes and defenses of herself compared of last game where she was mafia. She's also attempting to solve Tom and bozo.
Also Sabi, if this is her town game, how did you not notice last time? She feels like an entirely different person.

Also... Is there anything to solve at this point? There's no real arguing and rawr like last time. No really obvious lies or contradictions. And while I admit I'm being unrealistic expecting scum to slip up so someone can be all like "You said X ten hours ago and now you're saying Y." or a "I never said it was poison moment", everything so far mostly feels like static to me.
In pink.

Because I feel like I am a lot more familar with her now that I have seen her mafia game. I can compare the two. I didn't see her mafia game before. I know what's capable of.

Plus I have seen her in two games since the last webdip one so I feel confident that this is town neon.

bozotheclown

#518 Post by bozotheclown » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:24 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:38 pm
Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:12 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:52 pm
It is certainly not towny
What don’t you like?
I suck at explaining things but I will attempt to

It is common for scum to hide behind appearing helpful while really doing almost nothing at all. A common way for scum to do this is mech talk. By appearing invested in solving mech the scum can appear to be putting in great effort to help town when in actuality solving mech is rarely even useful to town. A basic understanding of the mech behind the game. Good. 60% of your posts devoted to one aspect of mech bad.

Posed another way, mech doesn't solve games. Sure mech in the form of town PR is important but this survey is a waste of valuable discussion and time. It is not beneficial as a reaction test it doesn't help us find scum it is a distraction
Have you noticed the responses that have included town telling? If so, you can try to evaluate if any of them were fake town tells.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#519 Post by DemonRHK » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:24 pm

damo666 wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:19 pm
Doesn't follow
Listen fartknocker, the chewbacca defense don't work here.

You stated you were not voting outside of the non-participants to Bozo McGallup's survey.

Ergo, you stated you are basing your entire commitment for your daykill vote on it.

You may not be Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John, but you are eating crumbs from the supper at the very least.

Judas perhaps?

brainbomb

#520 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 4:25 pm

you strongly townread him for claiming to have missed N0?

wouldnt the mafia team just be able to assign him whatever role they wanted him to be by proxy even if he missed n0?

I dont quite get how this makes him strong town lol