M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Princess Neon

Re: M76 - Dungeons and Dragons - Game Thread [HIDDEN]

#401 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:43 pm

*sits in a corner and plays with legos*

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#402 Post by dargorygel » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:44 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:17 am
what good can come from guessing the four accurately?
It's not just guessing accurately, brain. Why aren't you willing to appreciate some subtlety? Most of what you post can be considered reaction test. Bozo's surveys are reaction tests.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#403 Post by dargorygel » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:44 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 2:53 am
dargorygel wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:56 am
@bozo
I answered your survey before it was a survey.
I said i would choose Artificer, Druid, Rogue, and Paladin.
Yes, but I asked what you thought the mafia chose, which could possibly be a different answer, but I will record this for now.
I don't see the difference, but whatevs. :-)

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#404 Post by Chaqa » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:45 pm

Day 1 Vote Count 1
dargorygel (3): DemonRHK, brainbomb, Tom Bombadil
Bonatogether (2): Bonatogether, damo666
Tom Bombadil (2): worcej, bozotheclown
bozotheclown (1): Princess Neon
damo666 (1): BesharamSabi

No vote: bo_sox48, CrimsonFox, dargorygel, Hellenic Riot, pyxxy, rdrivera2005
Rumi Tobari, and wolfu

bo_sox48, CrimsonFox, and Hellenic Riot have not yet met the post requirement.

About ~8 hours remain in the day.

If anyone knows anyone who may be willing to sub, PM me as we don't have a sub available until later in the week.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#405 Post by dargorygel » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:45 pm

Not anticipating being on much today. I have some gut feelingsy things about who might be scum.
I like the survey, having somewhat tried to start one earlier. Obviously it does not immediately prove anything, but it gathers info for later use.
While I do not think that scum would be blatant in opposition, I would expect scum to also take note of arguments (or lack) to use to push a misskill. It is simply useful info.
Scum pings from anyone voting for me… but it is omgus, of course.
Placing my vote… more than just a ‘for now,’ since I am not sure of my presence today. And no, I do not want to die on D1. But looking at the present wagons:
Bona… I don’t understand why he just didn’t take part in the survey. But I do not think scum would be blatant. Ignore? Yes, but not argue against it. He is probably reaction testing bozo et al to some degree. But I townlean him.
Tom… I almost voted for Tom here. His vote on me seemed opportunistic. If brain is scum, tom might be with him. But Tom’s towntomminess is coming through this morning.
Bozo… while surveys are NAI for bozo, he seems to be arguing only with those who oppose, not starting arguments to be confusing-forming.
Damo… I like his pushing on the survey thing. It’s D1, without much really real content to discuss.

So I do not like the other wagons.
I will ##VOTE BRAINBOMB for two reasons. First, he presents just the wrong amount of upset-ness when people are not interacting with him to his liking. It seem controlled rather than natural. Town brain gets more upset at town not already following him or expressing our interest in his comments. In a similar vein, no theories yet. Brain-back after a long absence, I would expect theories to be erupting. And for me, most of all, brain is the one who can always read me accurately. When he is town, he is always right about my alignment. I am town, yet he is oddly suspicious of me. Ergo brain is scum. Brain is voting for me, having made a few reasonish things. When I pushed back on him with a small amount of button-pushing he ignored me.
I will try to be back by EoD.

Princess Neon

#406 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:48 pm

Fun fact

Bozo has spent 23 of his 43 posts talking about his survey. Take out the very random part where he voted 5 random players in a row and its 23 out of 38

That's 60% of his day 1 focus on mech.

I don't think I'm moving my vote.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#407 Post by dargorygel » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:51 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:48 pm
Fun fact

Bozo has spent 23 of his 43 posts talking about his survey. Take out the very random part where he voted 5 random players in a row and its 23 out of 38

As someone else has said... this is bozo. It is not alignment oriented.

Princess Neon

#408 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:51 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:45 pm
Not anticipating being on much today. I have some gut feelingsy things about who might be scum.
I like the survey, having somewhat tried to start one earlier. Obviously it does not immediately prove anything, but it gathers info for later use.
While I do not think that scum would be blatant in opposition, I would expect scum to also take note of arguments (or lack) to use to push a misskill. It is simply useful info.
Scum pings from anyone voting for me… but it is omgus, of course.
Placing my vote… more than just a ‘for now,’ since I am not sure of my presence today. And no, I do not want to die on D1. But looking at the present wagons:
Bona… I don’t understand why he just didn’t take part in the survey. But I do not think scum would be blatant. Ignore? Yes, but not argue against it. He is probably reaction testing bozo et al to some degree. But I townlean him.
Tom… I almost voted for Tom here. His vote on me seemed opportunistic. If brain is scum, tom might be with him. But Tom’s towntomminess is coming through this morning.
Bozo… while surveys are NAI for bozo, he seems to be arguing only with those who oppose, not starting arguments to be confusing-forming.
Damo… I like his pushing on the survey thing. It’s D1, without much really real content to discuss.

So I do not like the other wagons.
I will ##VOTE BRAINBOMB for two reasons. First, he presents just the wrong amount of upset-ness when people are not interacting with him to his liking. It seem controlled rather than natural. Town brain gets more upset at town not already following him or expressing our interest in his comments. In a similar vein, no theories yet. Brain-back after a long absence, I would expect theories to be erupting. And for me, most of all, brain is the one who can always read me accurately. When he is town, he is always right about my alignment. I am town, yet he is oddly suspicious of me. Ergo brain is scum. Brain is voting for me, having made a few reasonish things. When I pushed back on him with a small amount of button-pushing he ignored me.
I will try to be back by EoD.
I hate all of this

Princess Neon

#409 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:52 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:51 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Fun fact

*insert anime sip gif*

Princess Neon

#410 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:52 pm

It is certainly not towny

Tom Bombadil
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#411 Post by Tom Bombadil » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:12 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:52 pm
What don’t you like?

brainbomb

#412 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:16 pm

The wrong amount of upsettness
First, he presents just the wrong amount of upset-ness when people are not interacting with him to his liking. It seem controlled rather than natural. Town brain gets more upset at town not already following him or expressing our interest in his comments. In a similar vein, no theories yet.
My initial reaction to this statement is that after a game several years ago dargorygel informed me that my many theories helped him understand the game even if he couldnt agree. This was because town!darg tends to want to eliminate theories that are farfetched and focus on theories that are logical.

The first part of this argument is that I am controlling my temper and I was disgusted with gamestate but had to unnaturally pretend I wasnt.

I have alot of explanations for that: my time away, the community I have been playing at since, my participation in champs, overall desire to not flame people, mod warning at beginning of setup pledginh zero tolerance for bullshit.

basically, I cant really afford to lose my shit over people wasting the first 13 pages on how to simp guides, and who to stan for. I dont get all the new jargon but im 38 years old and im not supposed to have a clue what half these people are talking about.
I would expect theories to be erupting.
But why?
There will be theories when there are reasons to have them.
When he is town, he is always right about my alignment. I am town, yet he is oddly suspicious of me. Ergo brain is scum. Brain is voting for me, having made a few reasonish things. When I pushed back on him with a small amount of button-pushing he ignored me.
You find my reasons for scumreading you odd?
When did you “push back?” was that the gettysburg thing?

I kept wanting to ask you if this was picketts charge

brainbomb

#413 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:23 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
Fun fact

who else said it though? and why do you believe it?
and why do you think a new player should abandon their instincts and trust meta reads from someone you arent even willing to remember the name of?

surely this forum can do better than habitual meta defense of poor play simply because its just how he is.

maybe he needs to get better at mafia then. or he is just scum as neon suggests.

I dont have a read on bozo but I did find his survey much weaker than some of his past surveys that actually helped solve games. This survey feels like time wasting which gets people thinking about roles instead of people

Princess Neon

#414 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:31 pm

brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:23 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
Fun fact

who else said it though? and why do you believe it?
and why do you think a new player should abandon their instincts and trust meta reads from someone you arent even willing to remember the name of?

surely this forum can do better than habitual meta defense of poor play simply because its just how he is.

maybe he needs to get better at mafia then. or he is just scum as neon suggests.

I dont have a read on bozo but I did find his survey much weaker than some of his past surveys that actually helped solve games. This survey feels like time wasting which gets people thinking about roles instead of people
I like you.

wolfu

#415 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:32 pm

gmorning, properly awake now

brainbomb

#416 Post by brainbomb » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:34 pm

Thats impressive as I am basically the anti-Jamie. Equally as obnoxious and loud but far more chaotic and scatterbrained

Princess Neon

#417 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:38 pm

Tom Bombadil wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:12 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 12:52 pm
What don’t you like?
I suck at explaining things but I will attempt to

It is common for scum to hide behind appearing helpful while really doing almost nothing at all. A common way for scum to do this is mech talk. By appearing invested in solving mech the scum can appear to be putting in great effort to help town when in actuality solving mech is rarely even useful to town. A basic understanding of the mech behind the game. Good. 60% of your posts devoted to one aspect of mech bad.

Posed another way, mech doesn't solve games. Sure mech in the form of town PR is important but this survey is a waste of valuable discussion and time. It is not beneficial as a reaction test it doesn't help us find scum it is a distraction

wolfu

#418 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:40 pm

dunno, weird fixation on (often trivial) mechanics in more casual game environments tends toward town more often than not in my experience

kind of felt like - mechanically minded players will try to latch onto basically anything concrete, even if trivial/not very important, b/c its their entry point into the game, not as used to making social reads

(definitely feels like a setup where more fun to be scum than town)

wouldn't necessarily hang my hat on that read but seemed okay to me

Princess Neon

#419 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:42 pm

wolfu wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:40 pm
dunno, weird fixation on (often trivial) mechanics in more casual game environments tends toward town more often than not in my experience

kind of felt like - mechanically minded players will try to latch onto basically anything concrete, even if trivial/not very important, b/c its their entry point into the game, not as used to making social reads

(definitely feels like a setup where more fun to be scum than town)

wouldn't necessarily hang my hat on that read but seemed okay to me
I kill players for focusing on mech without much solve a lot. And I keep a lot of statistics as well. I will just say that in my experience it's 62% of the time scum. And I'm always willing to take that chance.

Recent game experiences tell me I'll be wrong no matter what I do though.

wolfu

#420 Post by wolfu » Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:43 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:24 am
brainbomb wrote:
Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:21 am
2 players?
worcej and neon?

do you find their pushes on Tom to be legitimate?
The votes seem weak yet apparently they are serious votes, so maybe Tom is being bussed.
lol yeah this is weird but i want to say it's a townie weird? i would expect scum making an opportunistic vote to say something about their target, not to suggest that he's being thrown under the bus