MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
President Eden

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#341 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:30 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:24 am
President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:23 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:14 am

Why do you think he’s wrong?
Oh his end conclusion is fine enough. I think I lean town on Byz, though he seems savvy enough to do this as mafia.

Doesn’t mean rivera isn’t mafia
Hmm I’m surprised by you town leaning Justin.

Why is giving you rdr is mafia pings? Do you think he’s still in his wolf range?
Well don’t run with it too much, it’s like a gun-to-my-head town lean. He hasn’t done anything that I don’t think he could do as mafia, judging by his obvious experience elsewhere. I just don’t think he is mafia, but it’s faint.

rivera has never to my knowledge demurred on trying to read me or expressed any belief that he can’t read me, which makes his choice to claim as much here very odd. It isn’t as though I have some recent mafia game where I fooled him or anything that would leave a strong impression that he can’t read me. He basically took a pass on the controversial part (whether I am mafia) and decided to get on the board with something easy (saying Byz is town). Not to ego stroke (me? never) but I suspect rivera would avoid direct confrontation with me if he were mafia based on past experience, and passing on actually suspecting me while giving an easy read on Byz is a way to do that as mafia.

Plus, it’s not like Byz’s reasoning was earthshattering… Byz himself would agree that it’s just a gut read. Not something that should move a veteran townie.

Just screams mafia trying to get on the board with something noncontroversial.

Rumi Tobari

#342 Post by Rumi Tobari » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:31 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:19 am
if eden is town, his goal is to kill scum - ignoring you doesn't further that (less information created) and pushing to kill you straight off doesn't further that either (odds are you're town, so that just reduces the margin of error on other kills). the logical thing for him to do as town is to engage you and try to determine your alignment - and since the goal of scum is to have the team last long enough to outnumber town, there's a strong case to be made for scum!eden also engaging you. however, there's a crucial difference in how town and scum would engage you - town wants to create and disseminate information in order to turn that into a kill on scum, but scum wants to avoid information getting out or being interpreted correctly. i have my thoughts on how eden has interacted with you, and other people do as well, but i'm going to hold off on saying it for a quick second just to ask you, which do you think more closely matches eden (or do neither?). how do other players fit into that?

you giving answers is the most crucial thing. being right or wrong isn't the important thing right now (only he and the mafia will know atm) - but you outlining a read and a thought process is the important aspect.
To be honest, I was suspicious of Eden, and in a social setting, I might just retreat into my shell a bit and avoid socialization. But here I'm not sure, voting kneejerk only on first impression isn't a great idea and can backfire, which is why I haven't voted.

I'm not adept enough at socialization in general to really have a good read on any of this. And I'm not familiar enough with any of you to go on any of that.

Princess Neon

#343 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:31 am

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:15 am
So basically I accidentally set of a malestrom of accusations, blame, and finger-pointing by accident.

Now I feel terrible. I can't social read at all, I can only do facts

I'm so sorry for being a screwup
But you are the hero we need. Readable content is good.

Princess Neon

#344 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:32 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:18 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:17 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:58 am

OK now I thought eden said this gjdvshsmcbjsa

Why am. I confusing you two
Clearly Eden is me I am Eden and we've decided to approach the game taking two totally different stances to increase the odds one of us will win in the end. You can never kill us all we are everywhere.

Also I'm catching up so...if I quote things that no longer matter I like to lice post my catch ups
Neon and Eden are masons
+1 fax

Princess Neon

#345 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:34 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:22 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:21 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:14 am

I've got nothing but my word. My word and the words of Sabi who can at least verify I was right about Bella on FoL in similar circumstances.
sounds like FoLly to rely on self-meta
I cna vouch for neon. She was able to find me as town and we mindmelded in games. It was uwu
https://c.tenor.com/0DmxmZimL3AAAAAC/anime-girl.gif

Bonatogether

#346 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:35 am

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:31 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:19 am
if eden is town, his goal is to kill scum - ignoring you doesn't further that (less information created) and pushing to kill you straight off doesn't further that either (odds are you're town, so that just reduces the margin of error on other kills). the logical thing for him to do as town is to engage you and try to determine your alignment - and since the goal of scum is to have the team last long enough to outnumber town, there's a strong case to be made for scum!eden also engaging you. however, there's a crucial difference in how town and scum would engage you - town wants to create and disseminate information in order to turn that into a kill on scum, but scum wants to avoid information getting out or being interpreted correctly. i have my thoughts on how eden has interacted with you, and other people do as well, but i'm going to hold off on saying it for a quick second just to ask you, which do you think more closely matches eden (or do neither?). how do other players fit into that?

you giving answers is the most crucial thing. being right or wrong isn't the important thing right now (only he and the mafia will know atm) - but you outlining a read and a thought process is the important aspect.
To be honest, I was suspicious of Eden, and in a social setting, I might just retreat into my shell a bit and avoid socialization. But here I'm not sure, voting kneejerk only on first impression isn't a great idea and can backfire, which is why I haven't voted.

I'm not adept enough at socialization in general to really have a good read on any of this. And I'm not familiar enough with any of you to go on any of that.
you can always change your vote :-)

can you say a little about why you were suspicious of eden?

no problemo wrt not having meta on people - that's just part of being new. i think once you get a handle on the different personalities it'll be a little easier

Princess Neon

#347 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:35 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:30 am
I am playing three game at the same time so I'm trying to spread my time and energy equally between the three games.

But anyway I'm tired so I'm going to get some sleep. Good night xoxo
Me too. And I've got 2 more starting soon. Send help.

President Eden

#348 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:37 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:35 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:30 am
I am playing three game at the same time so I’m trying to spread my time and energy equally between the three games.

But anyway I’m tired so I’m going to get some sleep. Good night xoxo
Me too. And I’ve got 2 more starting soon. Send help.
yall are nuts

Princess Neon

#349 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:38 am

This bot is super cool but I think I'm spending too much time reading it because I find the stats intresting even though they mean like nothing at all.

President Eden

#350 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:40 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:38 am
This bot is super cool but I think I’m spending too much time reading it because I find the stats intresting even though they mean like nothing at all.
actually, if your post count is the highest at the end of each phase, you get $200

Bonatogether

#351 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:40 am

Princess Neon wrote:
This bot is super cool but I think I'm spending too much time reading it because I find the stats intresting even though they mean like nothing at all.
townclear

President Eden

#352 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:41 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:40 am
Princess Neon wrote:
This bot is super cool but I think I’m spending too much time reading it because I find the stats intresting even though they mean like nothing at all.
townclear
@doppelganger — add him to the cult tonight y/n?

Rumi Tobari

#353 Post by Rumi Tobari » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:42 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:26 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:21 am

sounds like FoLly to rely on self-meta
I cna vouch for neon. She was able to find me as town and we mindmelded in games. It was uwu
pardon me if this doesn't hold a lot of credibility with me
Bona has a point. Personally vouching based on prior experience doesn't mean anything factually right now. And aside from a bias towards trusting people with Princess in their names, I don't see any formal reason to unconditionally trust Neon at this time.

At the same time, I see no reason to be suspicious of her either.
Bonatogether wrote:

no problemo wrt not having meta on people - that's just part of being new. i think once you get a handle on the different personalities it'll be a little easier
Eden was engaging and asking questions and lowkey felt like feeling me out, I'm used to being shushed or ignored in communities. Or otherwise told my own opinions don't matter. Affirmation makes me feel a little awkward and suspicious of others motives

Detective mentality, remember? I look for a motive on why people engage with me. But I'm used to clues, evidence, and other factual bits of logic puzzle rather than social cues.

President Eden

#354 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:45 am

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:42 am
Eden was engaging and asking questions and lowkey felt like feeling me out, I’m used to being shushed or ignored in communities. Or otherwise told my own opinions don’t matter. Affirmation makes me feel a little awkward and suspicious of others motives
well not to make you feel awkward or anything, but you’re alright and you should keep it up

Bonatogether

#355 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:45 am

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

Bona has a point. Personally vouching based on prior experience doesn't mean anything factually right now. And aside from a bias towards trusting people with Princess in their names, I don't see any formal reason to unconditionally trust Neon at this time.

Bonatogether wrote:

Eden was engaging and asking questions and lowkey felt like feeling me out, I'm used to being shushed or ignored in communities. Or otherwise told my own opinions don't matter. Affirmation makes me feel a little awkward and suspicious of others motives

Detective mentality, remember? I look for a motive on why people engage with me. But I'm used to clues, evidence, and other factual bits of logic puzzle rather than social cues.
ok.

the facts are spewing out from how people are interacting and perhaps the most crucial single piece of information is your alignment, because a lot of the action has centered around you, how people interact with you, and how other people react to those interactions. not necessarily now, but putting down some thoughts on some people (how about me/eden/sabi/byz/neon, as the main discussers in this part?) have been

Princess Neon

#356 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:47 am

President Eden wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
actually, if your post count is the highest at the end of each phase, you get $200
Sold. *initiates spam mode*

Princess Neon

#357 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:49 am

President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:41 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
townclear
@doppelganger — add him to the cult tonight y/n?
https://c.tenor.com/FXhu2VnjANMAAAAC/lo ... gasaki.gif

Bonatogether

#358 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:50 am

im gonna go to bed

cya tomorrow nerds

Princess Neon

#359 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:50 am

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

Bonatogether wrote:

I am clearly bad at mafia because I exclusively trust other people's personal mafia experiences. Unless I think they are teamed.

President Eden

#360 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:51 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:47 am
President Eden wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
Sold. *initiates spam mode*
its in monopoly money