MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Bonatogether

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#1161 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:00 am

last game with him*

Bonatogether

#1162 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:01 am

pyxxy wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:52 pm
DemonRHK wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:38 pm
BO_SOX48, DELAPH, PYXXY, RDRIVERA2005, and VECNA still need to cast votes.

23.25ish hours remain in Day 1.
ah shit I should get on with this

I have a funny idea
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:53 pm
Anyway I'm out for the rest of the day because I'm in a shitty mood and I hate having mafia affect my mood. If you need me just mention my name for questions or comments or whatever.
Did you mean irl day or mafia day?

Either way you're still in the thread, probably because I'm here 8-)

I'm afraid I must still banish you though, so I will

##VOTE BesharamSabi

until they don't post for two straight sequential hours as determined by post publishing time :)
cringe vote

#notonmytownteam

Vecna

#1163 Post by Vecna » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:02 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:17 pm
President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:19 pm
No it’s not that. I’m having trouble figuring out how to say what I mean without coming off like a condescending asshole. And I’m really trying not to be, though I suspect I’m going to fail. I’m just trying to explain what I see as I see it in a way that can easily be understood, ideally as respectfully and delicately as possible.

But from my perspective, despite Sabi’s claims to the contrary, I don’t actually see a meaningful change in how they approach the game. They seem to have merely learned that townies who talk about “solving slots” and “forming a town core” and “avoiding confirmation bias” are regarded as smart and talented at the game, and have accordingly incorporated those words into their posting, while not actually changing the substance of how they play at all. It’s the same empty “vibes” reasoning, the same endless questions that go nowhere, the same hyperfocus on any post involving them, the same overarching drive less to win and more to be seen as good at the game and get approval from other players. And then there’s this weird condescension thrown on top, like my confusion over the typo was insincere and these odd demands to “work with me.”

It’s just all very performative and is throwing me off. It’s not even necessarily mafia behavior although it obviously could come from mafia. It’s more that everything feels like a simulacrum of solving, stage art to be seen and wondered at and praised, not investigation into a mystery to be solved.

I’m sorry if that comes off as mean, I really don’t mean it to be, but I’m posting on a phone which makes it hard to review and edit a post down to be less harsh. I just don’t know what to do with Sabi’s posting, it all feels so fake but it doesn’t even have to be mafia fake. I’m sure Sabi has gained plenty of experience playing elsewhere and maybe things have changed, but I just am not seeing the outward manifestation of it beyond the liberal use of buzzwords.
I can say beyond a reasonable doubt that it's not performative and that Sabi is very very good at finding town and running with them to attempt to solve the game. I can also say that's exactly how I play lol.
Its interesting to me that this post only focusses on Sabi's prowess as town. Wouldnt that also correspond with a somewhat equal prowess as scum, and a certain level of paranoia?

This post doesnt even go anywhere near that.

Subtle hits of TMI

Princess Neon

#1164 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:03 am

Vecna wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:02 am
Princess Neon wrote:
President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:19 pm
No it’s not that. I’m having trouble figuring out how to say what I mean without coming off like a condescending asshole. And I’m really trying not to be, though I suspect I’m going to fail. I’m just trying to explain what I see as I see it in a way that can easily be understood, ideally as respectfully and delicately as possible.

But from my perspective, despite Sabi’s claims to the contrary, I don’t actually see a meaningful change in how they approach the game. They seem to have merely learned that townies who talk about “solving slots” and “forming a town core” and “avoiding confirmation bias” are regarded as smart and talented at the game, and have accordingly incorporated those words into their posting, while not actually changing the substance of how they play at all. It’s the same empty “vibes” reasoning, the same endless questions that go nowhere, the same hyperfocus on any post involving them, the same overarching drive less to win and more to be seen as good at the game and get approval from other players. And then there’s this weird condescension thrown on top, like my confusion over the typo was insincere and these odd demands to “work with me.”

It’s just all very performative and is throwing me off. It’s not even necessarily mafia behavior although it obviously could come from mafia. It’s more that everything feels like a simulacrum of solving, stage art to be seen and wondered at and praised, not investigation into a mystery to be solved.

I’m sorry if that comes off as mean, I really don’t mean it to be, but I’m posting on a phone which makes it hard to review and edit a post down to be less harsh. I just don’t know what to do with Sabi’s posting, it all feels so fake but it doesn’t even have to be mafia fake. I’m sure Sabi has gained plenty of experience playing elsewhere and maybe things have changed, but I just am not seeing the outward manifestation of it beyond the liberal use of buzzwords.
I can say beyond a reasonable doubt that it's not performative and that Sabi is very very good at finding town and running with them to attempt to solve the game. I can also say that's exactly how I play lol.
Its interesting to me that this post only focusses on Sabi's prowess as town. Wouldnt that also correspond with a somewhat equal prowess as scum, and a certain level of paranoia?

Subtle hits of TMI
*shrugs* or maybe it's just because I've only played with T! Sabi lol

Bonatogether

#1165 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:05 am

celaph wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:19 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:30 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:44 am
Rumi probably town.
Worcej possibly scum.
Chaqa has an alignment.

Bo_Sox, Celaph and Vecna are not here.
where is celaph
Here
=D

Bonatogether

#1166 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:06 am

celaph wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:22 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:45 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:33 am

Why are you only asking about Celaph when three people did not post?
celaph is my buddy
8-)
8-)

Vecna

#1167 Post by Vecna » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:08 am

ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:47 pm
Upon reflection, worcej claiming he dropped the "Neon won't tell me how many games she's played" complaint while continuing to vote for her makes him basically confirmed town.
Hmm, i actually like this argument

Vecna

#1168 Post by Vecna » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:09 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:03 am
Vecna wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:02 am
Princess Neon wrote:

Subtle hits of TMI
*shrugs* or maybe it's just because I've only played with T! Sabi lol
That, or you just trying to be nice in a situation Sabi wasnt too happy in are both equally valid possibilities, yes.

Bonatogether

#1169 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:09 am

pyxxy wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:35 pm
Vecna, Bona, Eden, you're three people I would want to read this post

Now that Sabi is gone, this series of posts from them intrigued me:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:52 pm
Neon is town but I will let yall figure that out but I swear to God if you scare her off I will send you to the shadow relm.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:22 pm
I veto any D1 kill in neon. Find someone else
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:24 pm
Here's neons games

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/34404

Under neon abrigal

https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/35368

One is town, one is mafia.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:43 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:42 pm

Why? They've been doing really well.
Just worried about worcej scaring them off.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:55 pm
Rumi if the game isn't begin by fun or affecting you mentally, you can take breaks from it till you feel better. People take breaks all the time. You don't have to camp in the thread all day.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:18 pm
Neon, brainbomb is moth on mu
I expect Sabi have genuine and strong concern for the new players having a good first experience in webdip mafia.

But it feels like an unbalanced reaction between defending Neon vs. caring about Rumi? It just feels like Sabi is treating the two new webdippees differently.

Rumi feels like an afterthought to keep up appearances :cry:
apparently sabi and Peon know each other oog, whereas rumi got here through demon. it's somewhat offbeat (emphasis on somewhat) but not at all unexpected for sabi regardless of alignment, for me

President Eden

#1170 Post by President Eden » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:09 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:50 pm
Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:38 pm
I think its likely explained by an emotional connection to someone she has invited and played prior with on another website though, vs someone she probably doesnt know.

(just speculation).
Mindmeld
curious that you didn’t acknowledge the other simultaneous mindmeld

President Eden

#1171 Post by President Eden » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:10 am

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:56 pm
I have run the current data through my algorithm and it has concluded that I am scum.

I’m gonna need to refine it
uh yea obviously

see guys? told ya

Bonatogether

#1172 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:10 am

pyxxy wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:41 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:31 pm
Neon's 3 Step Program
darn I'm not the only decent wallpost mid-D1 :( my metrics will suffer
i already made one u fuk

Bonatogether

#1173 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:12 am

Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:55 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:45 pm
pensees
this is a very long post, but im failing to note any standout points that scream "this could not have been bullshitted together". Mostly simple and surface level observations, that pretty much always count for most players mentioned.

Not saying reads lists on day1 need to be ultra-deep, but this fails to give me townvibes, where a post like this would be such a nice opportunity to do just that.
ur a nerd

Rumi Tobari

#1174 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:17 am

worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:10 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:07 pm
President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:02 pm
Good Lord I was just teasing you there. Chaqa even called it out for what it was right afterward. You have bantzed me harder in this thread, it’s what we do.

But it’s funny you say that, because I still don’t see where you’ve done anything more than that to solve my slot.

I said you, along with four other people, hadn’t done enough to distinguish themselves to my liking at the not yet halfway point of day 1. It’s not on me to play 20 questions with you and sort you ASAP. I spent most of my limited time at game start feeling out the newer players, particularly Rumi, and am pretty happy with where I ended up. I put some pressure on rivera and pushed back on ideas from Byz and Rumi. I have done AMPLE for you to solve my alignment if you want to solve it.

Why do you need people to ask you shit to explain your reads? Can’t you just do it yourself?
Because I struggle with how to share my thoughts organically. It's a skill issue on my part. Besides that it helps me think about the game differently if I'm asked questions I didn't consider.
Legit question: what do you mean by organically?

Why not just do a read list and just say it as it is - that’s not organic but at least it’s authentic and doesn’t need us to pry.
This whole organic talk is a thing I understand on a persoan level. I can scatterbounce around a casual conversation, and sometimes struggled with engaging in a dialogue that feels organic and not unnatural. For some reason I have no difficulty writing character dialogue though.
pyxxy wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:35 pm
I expect Sabi have genuine and strong concern for the new players having a good first experience in webdip mafia.

But it feels like an unbalanced reaction between defending Neon vs. caring about Rumi? It just feels like Sabi is treating the two new webdippees differently.

Rumi feels like an afterthought to keep up appearances :cry:
Okay, this one I have a theory about

So there was a partt in the first 10 or 20 pages where Sabi declaratively said "Neon is not town" and offered no further elaboration or explanation at the time on why they hold this opinion, and ignored me when I mentioned it. I'm not really able to tell town and scum apart too adeptly, but the whole statement "She is town" thing with no explanation why it was believed so declaratively (that she is probably is is irrelevent to this argument), and combiuned with some of hte other things, it comes off as Sabi really really wanting to believe in Neon.
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:02 pm
I actually think you're one of the best players I've ever played with and like your in my top 3 people to play with play style wise. Don't change Sabi your great <3
I lowkey suspect that they might be more than just friends nad that there's personal subtext between the two.

On the subject of the two of them, pages and pages ago, when I commented that Neon was defending herself by being defenseive, she mentioned that defensiveness was part of her scum meta and that as town its NAI. (I don't have an exact quote on this one available to me, and it might have been said by Sabi, my memory is kinda fried from earlier)

Does anyone have thoughts on this statement? That I mention she's being overly defenseive and then she's all "defensiveness is my scum meta, but its NAI as twon" when its mentioend?
President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:46 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:44 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:25 pm

I agree I've been wanting to scum read Eden for this entire interaction and ot worries me because it's so similar to last game and the way I see it the entire pressure on the slot today has been inorganic
He's not memes because eden is an actually one of the best mafia players I know so that's why I'm just annoyed and tunneled on his slot. I don't even think he's omgus-ing me. He genuinely thinks I am not town.
I feel I have been very consistent in saying you have not distinguished yourself as town or mafia, but maybe not enough. So I will say it again lol.
It feels like some of the back and forth between Eden and Sabi has settled down, I admit I've forgotten the last eight pages of text I read while catching up before I started typing this, but I'm not entirely certain it has and Sabi is still voting for Eden.

Did they have some kind of agree to disagree moment? I need a more conceret explanation on how all that resolved.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1175 Post by pyxxy » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:18 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:10 am
pyxxy wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:31 pm
Neon's 3 Step Program
i already made one u fuk

Byz

#1176 Post by Byz » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:20 am

So Jamie this game has focused their scumhunting efforts on A) blindly voting lowposters and B) OMGUS back and forths. Could be a case of classic active lurking scumming. Could be a villager who hasn't bothered to solve yet. Either way, >rand.

I'd like to float this wagon, though I'm not necessarily out on Eden completely, for an early D1 read at least. Can someone give me what the best case for bo_sox is atm?

"VOTE Jamiet99uk

Bonatogether

#1177 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:20 am

ok im caught up

agree with neon celaph deserves a side eye but i don't think voting him is a solid idea atm. he will be very clearly town or scum soon anyways because.

the pyx had one solid post but his votes have been trash so far.

Byz

#1178 Post by Byz » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:21 am

Still not reading much of the thread, my game I'm GMing has been keeping me busy. Sorry, not really up to my usual standard. Should have more time to post late D2 and D3, and do a lot better solving work than this.

Bonatogether

#1179 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:22 am

pyxxy wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:18 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:10 am
pyxxy wrote:

i already made one u fuk
bro

not cool :cry:

Vecna

#1180 Post by Vecna » Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:22 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:12 am
Vecna wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:55 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:45 pm
pensees
this is a very long post, but im failing to note any standout points that scream "this could not have been bullshitted together". Mostly simple and surface level observations, that pretty much always count for most players mentioned.

Not saying reads lists on day1 need to be ultra-deep, but this fails to give me townvibes, where a post like this would be such a nice opportunity to do just that.
ur a nerd
8-)

caught you