MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Princess Neon

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#601 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:10 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:08 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:04 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:33 pm

It's exclusively used to paint a picture of a new player in over their head to discredit them or an old player who sucks because they don't understand the principles of the game of mafia. You can infer by experience Level from my play
i don't think that's an entirely fair reaction. I don't see why it's not a legitimate ask
In your experience how often is the question asked genuinely and without motive because in my very substantial experience the percentage chance of that being true is somewhere around 15% and I find it's better to never answer

I get asked this question in literally every single game I play outside my home forum I used to answer it. It's a toxic question more times than not and it is one of the only mafia things I refuse to compromise on or answer. I've died for it before I'm fine with dying for it again
Ebwop: Substantial experience with that question

Bonatogether

#602 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:11 pm

the toob wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:48 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:43 pm
This feels a bit like you're defending yourself with defensiveness.

That aside, this whole "I know I'm right thing" is something I've mentioned earlier in the thread (I think in relation to Byz, I have something of a poor memory and might be misremembering) as possibly blinding you to the possibility of being wrong.

It is wholely possible for people to be wrong about something they are sure about. And I think its best to be flexible with the possibility that a call can be wrong.
love the toob

President Eden

#603 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:11 pm

Yea the thing about Rumi is that if you take their personality at face value it seems very hard to believe they could be mafia

I think somebody who openly acknowledges difficulties with social dynamics and cues would be a lot less cavalier about pointing out their self-perceived contradictions. (source, there’s probably more but lol phoneposting)

If the whole thing is an act then sure, but I don’t think it is, that would be pretty wild.

Plus Rumi townslipped

So yea Rumi town

Rumi Tobari

#604 Post by Rumi Tobari » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:12 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Rumi I posted a vibe check. I explained. Why I think she's town.
I don't disagree with your take. But the defensiveness (and imo, subtextual implications of community insularity) are something I am familiar with both personally and as a third-party observer to other friends. In addition, I don't think it's actually accomplishing anything productive.

Bonatogether

#605 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:12 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:55 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:50 pm
Princess Neon wrote:

I explained at least my reasoning for everything I've done. I'm willing to answer questions and work with town where in its possible to do so without it exclusively being used to push a narrative on me

I've also admitted my bad habit and explained why it exists.

But you don't know me and have no reason to trust my self meta. You should trust what Sabi has seen but it's openly been acknowledged their known meta on me doesn't matter.

I know I do dumb things. I also know they work. I know I have bad habits. I also know I'm right when I TR people in general. I think everyone voting me is using flimsy and awful reasons to do it.
I am not going to just trust Sabi’s opinions of you over figuring you out on my own.
And you don't have to people play mafia different but I think it's kind of silly to ignore info being given to you from someone who actually does have a base understanding of my play. You can take that and align it with what you see or you can ignore it.
ignoring sabi is a quality pastime.

President Eden

#606 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:13 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:

It's exclusively used to paint a picture of a new player in over their head to discredit them or an old player who sucks because they don't understand the principles of the game of mafia. You can infer by experience Level from my play
i don't think that's an entirely fair reaction. I don't see why it's not a legitimate ask
In your experience how often is the question asked genuinely and without motive because in my very substantial experience the percentage chance of that being true is somewhere around 15% and I find it's better to never answer

I get asked this question in literally every single game I play outside my home forum I used to answer it. It's a toxic question more times than not and it is one of the only mafia things I refuse to compromise on or answer.
based
I've died for it before I'm fine with dying for it again
dramallamagänger

worcej

#607 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:13 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
worcej wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:

I explained at least my reasoning for everything I've done. I'm willing to answer questions and work with town where in its possible to do so without it exclusively being used to push a narrative on me

I've also admitted my bad habit and explained why it exists.

But you don't know me and have no reason to trust my self meta. You should trust what Sabi has seen but it's openly been acknowledged their known meta on me doesn't matter.

I know I do dumb things. I also know they work. I know I have bad habits. I also know I'm right when I TR people in general. I think everyone voting me is using flimsy and awful reasons to do it.
I am not going to just trust Sabi’s opinions of you over figuring you out on my own.
And you don't have to people play mafia different but I think it's kind of silly to ignore info being given to you from someone who actually does have a base understanding of my play. You can take that and align it with what you see or you can ignore it.
I don’t disregard it, but I don’t trust it. The fundamental problem for you though is relying on Sabi’s opinion if you by itself makes me want to flip you more on D1 to gain more information on Sabi going forward.

Princess Neon

#608 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:13 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:12 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
I don't disagree with your take. But the defensiveness (and imo, subtextual implications of community insularity) are something I am familiar with both personally and as a third-party observer to other friends. In addition, I don't think it's actually accomplishing anything productive.
Defensiveness is well within my meta as scum and town it is highly NAI

Bonatogether

#609 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:14 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
damo666 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:00 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:53 pm

It wasn't about me
Who was it about?
Rumi I've been pretty clear about that this whole time.

Rumi is the most obvious town who ever towned. This play is not even remotely scum indicative.

I'm still well within both my town and scum range.
obligatory self meta bad - you can't see yourself

damo666

#610 Post by damo666 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:15 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
damo666 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:02 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:52 pm
Neon is town but I will let yall figure that out but I swear to God if you scare her off I will send you to the shadow relm.
What is relm?
The Shadow Realm is where the villains sent you in the 4kids dub of Yu-Gi-Oh because the censors wouldn't allow them to say that they're going to kill you.
Thanks, although I don't know what you're taking about (and too old to care so no need to explain).

I was actually just taking the piss out of Sabi's [mis]spelling.

On a serious game note I think you're contributing well. [Serious aside - not pocketing].

Bonatogether

#611 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:15 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:06 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:02 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:35 pm

https://www.playdiplomacy.com/forum/vie ... 06&t=62489

Under the same name as here

https://www.fortressoflies.com/t/uminek ... /2953/3902

Under the name Sadbi
too busy, didn't verify
Took a quick check after seeing this, Sabi is in both games.
im gonna trust you

Princess Neon

#612 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:15 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:13 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
worcej wrote:
I don’t disregard it, but I don’t trust it. The fundamental problem for you though is relying on Sabi’s opinion if you by itself makes me want to flip you more on D1 to gain more information on Sabi going forward.
There are far better ways to get actually pertinent information out of me.

But let me ask you why are you more or less likely to believe my answer to that question over any other?

Nobody believes self meta but everyone believes whatever you say about your experience even though it's extremely easy for me to lie about that as well no?

Princess Neon

#613 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:16 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:14 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
damo666 wrote:

Who was it about?

Rumi is the most obvious town who ever towned. This play is not even remotely scum indicative.

I can see myself pretty well.

President Eden

#614 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:17 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:
damo666 wrote:

Who was it about?

son there is a mirror in the bathroom

maybe you can see how ridiculous your broccoli head perm looks

Princess Neon

#615 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:18 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:17 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:

I dunno is there a mirror in the bathroom? I'm you after all

worcej

#616 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:19 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:59 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:47 pm
Princess Neon wrote:

I mean, I won’t deny the possibility of this happening but my intent was to try to learn more about you.

In my explicit case, I know nothing about you and want to establish some sort of way to look at you as a player. Otherwise I am kinda stuck in the ‘gotta kill one of the MU players Sabi brought over’ to figure out the group.

So you can stand by your principles here and hopefully die for it or try to engage with a new group so we learn you. Your call.
I will stand by my principles. I'm willing to answer questions about me so you can learn except where they are useless in reading me in any way and only serve to fit the narrative you desire to create.

My experience quite literally does not matter in any form. I can be the best new player you've ever seen and find the mafia in one day. I could be the worst veteran ever and single handedly lose the game.

It's not necessarily hard however to figure out my experience level just based on the words I use and the things I say. And you can use that however you like right or wrong.
My question wasn’t worthless and continuing to think it is shows your inability and unwillingness to engage with being questioned directly. You want people to infer instead of directly asking, which is elusiveness.

BesharamSabi

#617 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:19 pm

Bona can you iso ghug and lemme know what you think of his posting?

Rumi Tobari

#618 Post by Rumi Tobari » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:19 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:13 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:12 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Defensiveness is well within my meta as scum and town it is highly NAI
Point blank. You are reminding me of someone I used to know who was obsessed with the idea of toxic community dogpiling and insularity towards newbies, this is reminding me of the favoritism rhetoric they always used, and my own anxiety of having to be good enough to participate in anything>

I could sit down right now and go on and on about toxic communities that chased me out and amde me feel unwelcome for existing and daring to be new (read: 90%), (yes, you used the word toxic, that's the only reason I'm using it), places that are insular towards newbies, and that cynicial viewpoint that they'll turn on me next which if I actually stated believing, I would bail on the whole forum right now and never look back.

But again. Nothing productive is being accomplished with this talk. Talking about how things worked for you in other games and communities compared to your home forum is not achieving or accomplishing anything.

Princess Neon

#619 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:19 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:18 pm
President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:17 pm
Bonatogether wrote:

I dunno is there a mirror in the bathroom? I'm you after all
I stg that said something else when I quoted it... maybe I should sleep lol

Bonatogether

#620 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:19 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Princess Neon wrote:

I get asked this question in literally every single game I play outside my home forum I used to answer it. It's a toxic question more times than not and it is one of the only mafia things I refuse to compromise on or answer. I've died for it before I'm fine with dying for it again
it gets asked of every new player here because it establishes a baseline of what can be expected and provides data about the person in a way that everyone else can utilize.

I'm not surprised you were asked when it's an obvious question lmao. if you don't want to compromise on it, that's on you, but it's frankly counterproductive and bullheaded