MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Bonatogether

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#3581 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:40 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:11 pm
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/princ ... 0920201254

I mean look at her!! Look at her she's so fucking cool!!
i used data to click on that

Bonatogether

#3582 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:42 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:38 pm
Currently alive players in order from MOST TOWN to MOST SCUM

MOST TOWN

Jamiet99uk
Princess Neon

President Eden
Bonatogether
Worcej
Rumi Tobari
pyxxy
BesharamSabi
bo_sox48
Chaqa
Vecna
celaph
ghug
rdrivera2005
snowy801

MOST SCUM
agree, mostly, less confident on Peon, feel better about celaph, more shaky on Peden

Bonatogether

#3583 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:44 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:44 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:57 pm
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:32 pm
My second remark is that our intellectual powers are rather geared to master static relations and that our powers to visualize processes evolving in time are relatively poorly developed. For that reason we should do (as wise programmers aware of our limitations) our utmost to shorten the conceptual gap between the static program and the dynamic process, to make the correspondence between the program (spread out in text space) and the process (spread out in time) as trivial as possible.
I can't tell, is this all pro-GOTO or anti-GOTO?

I've always been in the "GOTO isn't bad, you just need to dot your is and cross your ts and be 100% certain nothing's going to break" camp.
go to statement considered harmful
this shit isn't even funny lmao
+1

Bonatogether

#3584 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:45 am

Chaqa wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:59 pm
@Eden and Bona: don't vote for Snowy yet, it's too early.
sigmas make their own time

Bonatogether

#3585 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:45 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:00 pm
Vecna wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:37 pm
sup cave inhabitants
light considered harmful
he can't keep getting away with it

President Eden

#3586 Post by President Eden » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:48 am

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:30 am
And you know I was a bit tongue in cheek earlier about making my list be ghug + 5 low posters because I entirely forgot you have to be excruciatingly explicit about everything you say around here or nobody even considers what might be being said but you look at all the top posters and they all look very clear from cursory glance, like Eden and worcej are obvtown, Jamiet looks great, Rumi and Neon look good enough, idk about Sabi or Chaqa but I wouldn't bet on it so it's natural to point to some of the low posters and say hey these guys are probably scum

But guess what? Every last one of you just think I'm scum and don't care to look any further for this entire 48 hour expanse. So you know, unless you know some magical pill that makes people capable of doing more than one thing at a time I don't want to hear any of this "snowy gave up" "caught scum" "not even trying" nonsense. I'm not the one not trying over here
Well I won’t lie, I am kinda fatigued and not at normal levels of hyperinvestment (I have written over 35,000 words this week between this game and work and setting the numbers side-by-side is pretty embarrassing tbh) and I kinda burned myself out in spots on stupid fighting, which is entirely self-inflicted and has nothing to do with you but is still affecting my ability to invest in some of your questions and, if you are town, help you climb out of the hole.

Maybe my assessment isn’t fair, maybe I am one of the people you need to be “excruciatingly clear” with, but I had trouble seeing where some of your questions were going in a big picture sense. If you remember back about a year ago to M70, you rolled mafia and put in an absolutely Herculean effort to keep your team from falling apart and getting totally obliterated. I went back and reviewed that game against M73 (March/April), which I thought was representative of your standard town performance, and I noted that you took a more “professorial” approach as mafia. Your questions are mostly similar as either alignment but there’s ironically less of an apparent agenda when you’re mafia, I think because you’re trying to work out the right angle of attack for the situation rather than specifically driving in on suspects.

All that is to say that I got that same impression from your questioning today. It seemed to lack a direction or bite like I normally see. And I recognize subbing in on page 120 or whatever will do that to a mfer and that that’s the obvious fail state if I’m wrong about you. But it’s hard to distinguish and I don’t even know what to tell you to help me distinguish it tbh.

To be clear when I say “establish innocence” I’m not referring to a post saying “these are the reasons I’m town.” You’re right, that’s never how you’ve done kt to my satisfaction in the past. You’ve always done it by putting the right target dummies in front of the gun. I can appreciate why that’s harder when you sub into the situation you did and you feel you aren’t getting the help you need. Maybe this rambling phone post will help, maybe not.

Anyway I actually have to go now, but I didn’t want to leave you hanging.

Bonatogether

#3587 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:49 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:50 pm
President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:48 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:48 pm
Ghug why the fuck is iso-ing harmful?

I read the comments in context of the thread. I don't iso the comments without context
iso+ considered helpful
Who the fuck iso without context? The point of idling is to find the comments then you go the thread to read in context
me

the point of isoing is to cherrypick out of context shit

rip bozo for sabi

President Eden

#3588 Post by President Eden » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:50 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:40 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:11 pm
https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/princ ... 0920201254

I mean look at her!! Look at her she's so fucking cool!!
i used data to click on that
I literally got us fiber son.

Ok actually going now, mediocre stream soon, cya

Bonatogether

#3589 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:50 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:08 pm
Hammer deez nutz
pain considered harmful

Bonatogether

#3590 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:51 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:30 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:22 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:21 pm
zoomer humor really escapes me

am I... am I old?
kowalski, analysis
All evidence indicates…

[back tightens]
[head throbs]
[ankle hurts for no reason]

…all three of us are old.
retirement home considered useful

Bonatogether

#3591 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:58 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:50 pm
town
Rumi
Neon
Jamie
Worcej

townlean
Eden
Vecna

null
Chaqa
Celaph

scumlean
Pyxxy
Bona
Bo
Rdr

scummy
Ghug
Snow

Piles are not ordered
damn i'm in the bo pile

Bonatogether

#3592 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:59 am

sabi your readslist is boring and like, soo 20 pages ago. be original

Bonatogether

#3593 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:04 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:34 pm
##Vote Snowy

##End

Okay I think I'm mostly okay with this slot just going the way of the dodo. They've not even attempted to contribute I'm willing to judge the slot on its own content but there just isn't any. They've shown no interest in doing much outside of very little questioning with no followup. They've shown no interest in learning how thread state got to where it is in general and in regard to their slot.

They've shown very little interest in defending themself like they know it's a foregone conclusion they will just die...ig that's NAI but I'd want a townie who subbed into a doomed slot to at least try to fight to dance their slot.

I could see from a scum perspective a world where Snowy took the Deathbomb and is just basically sitting on their death to take a towny with them but if the slot is scum as I think it is and against my better judgement as a player who likes to save every single townie I can I think this is the only option today.
🚌

Bonatogether

#3594 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:06 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:48 pm
I’m not sure whether to heavily townread or heavily scumread people who are actually writing longwinded justifications for voting for snowy but I’m leaning the latter
so true, byz obvscummed and scumclaimed already

Bonatogether

#3595 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:07 am

ghug wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:56 pm
If snowy is scum, I think at least two of the teammates are in the Vecna/Bona/Sabi/Neon group.
i tend to agree, minus myself

snowy801

#3596 Post by snowy801 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:09 am

President Eden wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:48 am
snowy801 wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:30 am
And you know I was a bit tongue in cheek earlier about making my list be ghug + 5 low posters because I entirely forgot you have to be excruciatingly explicit about everything you say around here or nobody even considers what might be being said but you look at all the top posters and they all look very clear from cursory glance, like Eden and worcej are obvtown, Jamiet looks great, Rumi and Neon look good enough, idk about Sabi or Chaqa but I wouldn't bet on it so it's natural to point to some of the low posters and say hey these guys are probably scum

But guess what? Every last one of you just think I'm scum and don't care to look any further for this entire 48 hour expanse. So you know, unless you know some magical pill that makes people capable of doing more than one thing at a time I don't want to hear any of this "snowy gave up" "caught scum" "not even trying" nonsense. I'm not the one not trying over here
Well I won’t lie, I am kinda fatigued and not at normal levels of hyperinvestment (I have written over 35,000 words this week between this game and work and setting the numbers side-by-side is pretty embarrassing tbh) and I kinda burned myself out in spots on stupid fighting, which is entirely self-inflicted and has nothing to do with you but is still affecting my ability to invest in some of your questions and, if you are town, help you climb out of the hole.

Maybe my assessment isn’t fair, maybe I am one of the people you need to be “excruciatingly clear” with, but I had trouble seeing where some of your questions were going in a big picture sense. If you remember back about a year ago to M70, you rolled mafia and put in an absolutely Herculean effort to keep your team from falling apart and getting totally obliterated. I went back and reviewed that game against M73 (March/April), which I thought was representative of your standard town performance, and I noted that you took a more “professorial” approach as mafia. Your questions are mostly similar as either alignment but there’s ironically less of an apparent agenda when you’re mafia, I think because you’re trying to work out the right angle of attack for the situation rather than specifically driving in on suspects.

All that is to say that I got that same impression from your questioning today. It seemed to lack a direction or bite like I normally see. And I recognize subbing in on page 120 or whatever will do that to a mfer and that that’s the obvious fail state if I’m wrong about you. But it’s hard to distinguish and I don’t even know what to tell you to help me distinguish it tbh.

To be clear when I say “establish innocence” I’m not referring to a post saying “these are the reasons I’m town.” You’re right, that’s never how you’ve done kt to my satisfaction in the past. You’ve always done it by putting the right target dummies in front of the gun. I can appreciate why that’s harder when you sub into the situation you did and you feel you aren’t getting the help you need. Maybe this rambling phone post will help, maybe not.

Anyway I actually have to go now, but I didn’t want to leave you hanging.
If there was a lack of direction to my questions it may be because there is none, because most of my questioning was trying to establish grounds on day 2 lacking day 1 context (in other words entirely exploratory) and also because the people who established themselves fast were still the ones talking.

Which is in some sense most of the reason of why scum lurks, because it's harder to latch onto anything if they don't say anything at all, which is why I wanted to look into them but as you see did not go very far with it.

I don't want to appeal to the usual "hey give snowy some time and he'll solve the game" because I'm not that desperate and doubt I'll have fun doing that anyway but you know, I'm surprised nobody brought it up. I'd try to read into that but it seems a little to egotistical even for me.

Some things I wanted to say but thought might break the flow:
1. holy shit M70 was a year ago
2. I don't try to self assess meta much as you're not supposed to psychoanalyze yourself but M70 was one of my most fun experiences playing mafia while I'm usually displeased to roll mafia (not helping? you're welcome) so bear that in mind
3. worst case scenario I'll have an EoD post which'll be better than anything that comes out of your noggins so you know, feel free to completely ignore me after I'm dead as you (plural) always do

snowy801

#3597 Post by snowy801 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:10 am

Hey look it's a wild bona catching up

Bonatogether

#3598 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:12 am

im caught up now :)

Bonatogether

#3599 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:12 am

this means i can go leave until tomorrow

snowy801

#3600 Post by snowy801 » Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:13 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:12 am
im caught up now :)
How do you feel about the sudden upsurge of Vecna voters? Natural? Bored? Scum trying to save me?