MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
President Eden

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#2941 Post by President Eden » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:54 am

worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:52 am
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:47 am
But I will agree with worcej if that’s all you said on the matter that you provide no context for your bona flip, if it is as genuine as you state here.

An off hand comment about out of game availability is not really a reason to sus someone
What makes it more bad is he’s using the fact that I didn’t conclude that this is the complete basis for susing Bona and therefor I am not paying attention.

Speaking of this more: when you look at it honestly, Eden doing this is clearly angle shooting with outside of game information only privy to Eden and Chaqa.
No, that’s one piece of evidence that you aren’t, and a comparatively minor one compared to the fucking mountain that was my progression on Byz today which you completely ignored and now won’t even acknowledge when I’ve gone back and quoted a bunch of the sequence to prove it to you.

worcej

#2942 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:59 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:50 am
worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:49 am
What I want from you is less terrible OMGUS
Do you even know what OMGUS is? I’ve said I don’t know how many times that I think you’re misguided TOWN.
OMGUS is applicable here because you're argument isn't really framed in the basis of actual facts and is more effort into painting me as misguided.

You've said I was contradicting myself by not acknowledging your vote, which I responded to why I discounted it to begin with, and now you're saying I am stubborn.

Eden, set the record straight, your vote for Bona is ONLY because he launched HOI4 today during the night phase? You haven't provided any other reason but you've lied saying this:
President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:37 am
Because I spilled hundreds of words about it this afternoon which you still haven’t read.
Word counting, you're at 42 words total about your Bona vote.

worcej

#2943 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:00 am

Where are the hundreds of words Eden?

Quote them.

worcej

#2944 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:04 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:54 am
worcej wrote:
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:47 am
But I will agree with worcej if that’s all you said on the matter that you provide no context for your bona flip, if it is as genuine as you state here.

An off hand comment about out of game availability is not really a reason to sus someone
What makes it more bad is he’s using the fact that I didn’t conclude that this is the complete basis for susing Bona and therefor I am not paying attention.

Speaking of this more: when you look at it honestly, Eden doing this is clearly angle shooting with outside of game information only privy to Eden and Chaqa.
No, that’s one piece of evidence that you aren’t, and a comparatively minor one compared to the fucking mountain that was my progression on Byz today which you completely ignored and now won’t even acknowledge when I’ve gone back and quoted a bunch of the sequence to prove it to you.
See, here is a fact for you.

I acknowledged your words on Byx - I just don't agree with your assessment and case. I felt like you had a raging hardon for them from the moment go, then you towned them, and then suddenly progressed to Byz for being meme'y when really you honestly did the same. Like, I shit you not:
President Eden wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:37 pm
Byz wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:35 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:33 pm
I will consolidate onto celaph if needed, but that last post stunk to high heaven.

##VOTE Byz
Your progression on me has been interesting, to say the least. Can’t wait to see where it goes next
Says the guy who openly declared he was meme voting and then spent the rest of the day making up real-sounded reasons to rationalize it! :lol:
Byz should've said 'Pot, Meet Kettle' to you here.

President Eden

#2945 Post by President Eden » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:05 am

Alright, I’ll grant that I misspoke insofar as you were specifically asking only about the Bona vote, which I believe I acknowledged earlier in this argument that I didn’t want to explain yet. True enough, I did not spill hundreds of words specifically on Bona.

It is my understanding that you see both my change of mind on Byz and on Bona as disingenuous, and see that progression as unnatural, which is why you are suspicious. I did post a lot about my change of mind on Byz. You have not acknowledged any of this. You are completely ignoring it now that I’ve dredged it up for you. It is extremely frustrating.

snowy801

#2946 Post by snowy801 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:06 am

Why's is so frustrating to you that someone's wrong about you?

President Eden

#2947 Post by President Eden » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:07 am

worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:04 am
President Eden wrote:
worcej wrote:

I acknowledged your words on Byx - I just don’t agree with your assessment and case. I felt like you had a raging hardon for them from the moment go, then you towned them, and then suddenly progressed to Byz for being meme’y when really you honestly did the same. Like, I shit you not:
President Eden wrote:
Byz wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:35 pm

Your progression on me has been interesting, to say the least. Can’t wait to see where it goes next
Says the guy who openly declared he was meme voting and then spent the rest of the day making up real-sounded reasons to rationalize it! :lol:
Byz should’ve said ‘Pot, Meet Kettle’ to you here.
You don’t agree that I changed my mind? What even the fuck does this mean?

This is what you initially said:
worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:27 am
Going to start with this for D2: ##vote Eden

I don’t like the tunnel on snobyz and I am growing a little, for the lack of a better word, tired of the positions and arguments being made for people. It’s rubbing me as unauthentic to say the least.
I then show you, with several posts of evidence in a time span stretching several hours, how I am not tunneled on Byz and how my view evolved. I point out that my vote is on Bona.

How do you “disagree” with this “assessment and case”? What assessment and case?

worcej

#2948 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:09 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:07 am
worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:04 am
President Eden wrote:

I acknowledged your words on Byx - I just don’t agree with your assessment and case. I felt like you had a raging hardon for them from the moment go, then you towned them, and then suddenly progressed to Byz for being meme’y when really you honestly did the same. Like, I shit you not:
President Eden wrote:

Byz should’ve said ‘Pot, Meet Kettle’ to you here.
You don’t agree that I changed my mind? What even the fuck does this mean?

This is what you initially said:
worcej wrote:

I don’t like the tunnel on snobyz and I am growing a little, for the lack of a better word, tired of the positions and arguments being made for people. It’s rubbing me as unauthentic to say the least.
I then show you, with several posts of evidence in a time span stretching several hours, how I am not tunneled on Byz and how my view evolved. I point out that my vote is on Bona.

How do you “disagree” with this “assessment and case”? What assessment and case?
I'll make it obvious-er for you.
worcej wrote:

worcej

#2949 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:11 am

Your initial jump on Byz was poorly framed (one bad post and you thinking they were justifying their meme vote) and you have tripled down on it harder than a poor white meth addict.

You yourself justify your own meme votes regularly over time - why was it so damning for byz to do it?

You still have yet to expand further on Bona - I've asked far too many times and you're just ignoring it and shifting the conversation away from that topic.

President Eden

#2950 Post by President Eden » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:12 am

You’re saying the progression away from an alleged tunnel is “inauthentic”?

So what, I actually am tunneled and just pretending not to be? I don’t get your meaning.

worcej

#2951 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:13 am

I am going to bed now - so I look forward to seeing Eden's complaints and continued lack of engagement on the Bona subject, that he used heavily in an attempt to discredit me, in the morning.

worcej

#2952 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:13 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:12 am

So what, I actually am tunneled and just pretending not to be? I don’t get your meaning.
SHIFTING.
THE.
CONVERSATION.
AWAY.

RESPOND.
ABOUT.
BONA.
READ.
YOU.
APPARENTLY.
HAVE.
PUT.
SO.
MUCH.
EFFORT.
INTO.

worcej

#2953 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:14 am

Actually gone now.

snowy801

#2954 Post by snowy801 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:15 am

I don't know if worcej has any merit on Eden but damn is that guy town

snowy801

#2955 Post by snowy801 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:15 am

ghug what do you take away from this conversation?

President Eden

#2956 Post by President Eden » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:18 am

worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:13 am
President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:12 am

SHIFTING.
THE.
CONVERSATION.
AWAY.

RESPOND.
ABOUT.
BONA.
READ.
YOU.
APPARENTLY.
HAVE.
PUT.
SO.
MUCH.
EFFORT.
INTO.
I have already told you many times that I’m not going to do that right now.

It’s not “shifting the conversation” away to point out that you made an error from the outset that you refuse to acknowledge which has tainted your view of the entire case. This is perfectly proving what I mean about you being stubborn. You won’t even acknowledge you were incorrect on something basic like that, why would I expect you to see reason on anything else?

You’re descending into really shitty behavior (“poor white meth addict?” what the fuck is wrong with you?) and I feel my initial point proved that my attempt to explain my thought process would fall on deaf ears, so I’m going to leave it here.

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2957 Post by ghug » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:20 am

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:15 am
ghug what do you take away from this conversation?
I mean I declared worcej locktown halfway through day 1 so there's nothing new to find there.

There's a fact at the core of his argument: the bona thing is underexplained. This is... true? apparent? not really scummy at all? Then it's a bunch of kinda mean harping on it and Eden not really helping the situation by answering directly, but I'd probably be pretty annoyed in his shoes.

snowy801

#2958 Post by snowy801 » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:22 am

I suppose this really is the classic webdip mafia experience

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#2959 Post by ghug » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:25 am

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:22 am
I suppose this really is the classic webdip mafia experience
And yet I keep on coming back like some white upper middle class alcoholic.

President Eden

#2960 Post by President Eden » Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:30 am

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:06 am
Why’s is so frustrating to you that someone’s wrong about you?
It is frustrating to feel like you’re playing down a teammate because of something more or less completely outside your control. Even moreso when you know full well from the start, based on how they haven’t been paying attention beforehand, that the attempt to bridge the gap is going to fail miserably; you try anyway out of, I don’t know, a sense of duty? the vain belief you can make it work anyway? hoping to get lucky?—and it goes exactly as you expected it to go.

Like I told you earlier, he’s obviously extremely invested in being right about me here. I actually didn’t know that, as he put it, my thought process “just strikes [him] as wrong and garners [his] scum vibes.” I didn’t get this impression from any past games, but I’m willing to grant it at face value. I don’t actually know how to help with that. And I want to help with that, and I would think the one thing that would be apparent from me coming back and talking about it over and over again, and at least starting out civil and conciliatory (though admittedly failing to maintain that), is that I want to help with that.

It just sucks. I dunno if that even wound up at a point that made sense.