MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#1961 Post by ghug » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:27 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:12 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:06 pm
Ah see, look at that. Ghug voted for me while I was writing this post to point out how he's been shading me but not actually voting for me. Interesting.
(this is a joke please don't take this seriously)

But I am serious about feeling pretty >.> on Ghug.

Every post is like 3 sentences or less. Just replies, never starting anything besides shading me.
https://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g ... &user=ghug

This is the biggest contribution that he's given so far:
ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:31 pm
I have already, but OK.

Rumi - Townslip, very bold and open with ideas for a new player.
worcej - Mostly involvedness, also bad takes.
Eden - I think he'd be trying harder to not seem nervous about votes if he were scum. I also legitimately believe he'd pocket you as scum, which he's not doing here.
You - I largely agree with what Eden's been saying. There's a lot of talk of you improving but I'm not really seeing a meaningful solving presence.
Jamie - He's trying too hard to seem like Jamie. Forced misinterpretations, too many colors and name changes. Light on substance.
and it's stale, now basically 24 hours old.

Maybe he's saving it all for 20 minutes before EOD but I'm not a fan.

##VOTE ghug
Best we've seen from pyx all game.

Bonatogether

#1962 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:28 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:23 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:22 pm
Byz wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:16 pm

##VOTE President Eden
this is an actual scumclaim
can I have an explanation before I commit a vote to Byz?
eden's actions have been strongly pro-town and strongly in line with his meta as town. read this and tell me this doesn't look the same

byz has been lowposting and not had many reads on people (that i've read - about 7 pages behind), and had all that stuff with eden that he's outlined. for byz to come out now and say that eden is self-evidently scum is literally just a complete falsehood. is it possible eden is scum? of course, yes. not mechanically cleared or dead yet. however, if both are accusing each other, which one am i betting on? it's not even a choice

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1963 Post by ghug » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:29 pm

Can we make a third wagon?

President Eden

#1964 Post by President Eden » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:29 pm

worcej wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:26 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:24 pm
Byz wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:26 pm
I’m astounded Eden is as widely TR as they are. I don’t know what they’ve been up to on the other half of the thread, but everytime I’ve been around they’ve been actively dismissing scum hunting and getting into cutesy “advice” sessions with Rumi clearly designed to build up their town cred
literal scumclaim
I don’t see how you find what Byx is saying as scummy
It’s the fact that he’s totally lying his ass off about what I’ve been doing in the half of the game he’s claimed to read. Even granting the premise that he hasn’t read the other half, he’s just full of shit with regard to how I’ve played in the part he claims to have read. I have never once dismissed scumhunting, actively or otherwise, and my efforts to explain things to Rumi have only been in the interest of helping her understand what’s going on, since Rumi has repeatedly expressed that she finds my explanations helpful.

I was actually really put off by the latter part, and it makes me wonder about the company Byz keeps if the idea that someone who has played this game as much as I have might just genuinely want to help newer players is so anathema and alien that it must be deceptive. That it could be is fair enough, but he’s obviously invested no effort into investigating that, he’s just smearing me. It’s really shitty.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1965 Post by DemonRHK » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:30 pm

GM VOTE COUNT DAY ONE THE SIXTH
(hand count, through post 1964)

Byz(5): Jamiet99uk, Bonatogether*, President Eden*, Chaqa*, worcej
damo666(3): BesharamSabi*, celaph, dargorygel
Jamiet99uk(2): rdrivera2005, ghug
celaph(1): Princess Neon,
Chaqa(1): bo_sox48
BesharamSabi(1): damo666
bonatogether(1): Vecna
President Eden(1): Byz
ghug(1): pyxxy

Unvote(1): Rumi Tobari

Currently, BYZ is set to be KILLED.

RUMI TOBARI needs to cast a legal vote.

~30 minutes remain in Day 1.

President Eden

#1966 Post by President Eden » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:30 pm

DemonRHK wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:30 pm
GM VOTE COUNT DAY ONE THE SIXTH
(hand count, through post 1964)

Byz(5): Jamiet99uk, Bonatogether*, President Eden*, Chaqa*, worcej
damo666(3): BesharamSabi*, celaph, dargorygel

Unvote(1): Rumi Tobari

RUMI TOBARI needs to cast a legal vote.

~30 minutes remain in Day 1.
Regrettably, worcej’s vote is on damo, not Byz, and the wagons are tied at 4 apiece.

BesharamSabi

#1967 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:31 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:29 pm
worcej wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:24 pm

literal scumclaim
It’s the fact that he’s totally lying his ass off about what I’ve been doing in the half of the game he’s claimed to read. Even granting the premise that he hasn’t read the other half, he’s just full of shit with regard to how I’ve played in the part he claims to have read. I have never once dismissed scumhunting, actively or otherwise, and my efforts to explain things to Rumi have only been in the interest of helping her understand what’s going on, since Rumi has repeatedly expressed that she finds my explanations helpful.

I was actually really put off by the latter part, and it makes me wonder about the company Byz keeps if the idea that someone who has played this game as much as I have might just genuinely want to help newer players is so anathema and alien that it must be deceptive. That it could be is fair enough, but he’s obviously invested no effort into investigating that, he’s just smearing me. It’s really shitty.
Because the community outside of here, scum pocket/buddy up New players all the time. It's a common thing. I get his pov

Bonatogether

#1968 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:32 pm

pyxxy wrote:
pyxxy wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:06 pm
Ah see, look at that. Ghug voted for me while I was writing this post to point out how he's been shading me but not actually voting for me. Interesting.

But I am serious about feeling pretty >.> on Ghug.

Every post is like 3 sentences or less. Just replies, never starting anything besides shading me.
https://mafia.peterlund.se/e/web/msgs?g ... &user=ghug

This is the biggest contribution that he's given so far:
ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:31 pm
I have already, but OK.

Rumi - Townslip, very bold and open with ideas for a new player.
worcej - Mostly involvedness, also bad takes.
Eden - I think he'd be trying harder to not seem nervous about votes if he were scum. I also legitimately believe he'd pocket you as scum, which he's not doing here.
You - I largely agree with what Eden's been saying. There's a lot of talk of you improving but I'm not really seeing a meaningful solving presence.
Jamie - He's trying too hard to seem like Jamie. Forced misinterpretations, too many colors and name changes. Light on substance.
and it's stale, now basically 24 hours old.

Maybe he's saving it all for 20 minutes before EOD but I'm not a fan.

##VOTE ghug
solid post

Bonatogether

#1969 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:33 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:13 pm
I would like to hereby propose a formal voting bloc between myself, President John Henry Eden, and Emperor Napoleon Bonatogether.

Signed: Chaq Holliday, Emperor Napoleon Bonatogether.

Bonatogether

#1970 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:33 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:19 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:17 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:36 pm
Pyxxy +1ing the posts criticizing him...
didn't he do that in a previous game? might have been celaph
It was me, and I had that lovely fight with brainbomb about it
viewtopic.php?p=291850#p291850
classic

might skim it

President Eden

#1971 Post by President Eden » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:34 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:31 pm
President Eden wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:29 pm
worcej wrote:

Because the community outside of here, scum pocket/buddy up New players all the time. It’s a common thing. I get his pov
I acknowledged that it’s fair to suspect the possibility, but he’s declaring with total confidence that that’s what’s happening and smearing me with it, despite transparently having spent no effort reading the actual posts attempting to clarify things for Rumi. You’ll notice that I have never once told Rumi how to vote or tried to suggest who she should vote for. Hell she could vote for me, who cares.

He’s done this in spite of the fact that multiple people, including you, his apparent North Star, have told him that this is exactly what I do and why I do it.

President Eden

#1972 Post by President Eden » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:35 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:33 pm
Chaqa wrote:
I would like to hereby propose a formal voting bloc between myself, President John Henry Eden, and Emperor Napoleon Bonatogether.

Signed: Chaq Holliday, Emperor Napoleon Bonatogether, President John Henry Eden.
Well shit, guess that’s that

Rumi Tobari

#1973 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:35 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:28 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:23 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:22 pm

this is an actual scumclaim
can I have an explanation before I commit a vote to Byz?
eden's actions have been strongly pro-town and strongly in line with his meta as town. read this and tell me this doesn't look the same

byz has been lowposting and not had many reads on people (that i've read - about 7 pages behind), and had all that stuff with eden that he's outlined. for byz to come out now and say that eden is self-evidently scum is literally just a complete falsehood. is it possible eden is scum? of course, yes. not mechanically cleared or dead yet. however, if both are accusing each other, which one am i betting on? it's not even a choice
Not going to lie, I'm still not sure about Eden (or anyone else for that matter), but I don't agree with anything Byz is saying. The way you phrase it does put it in a different perspective, because I was doing that thing again where I just assume Byz had a differetn subjective view and was just wrong, rather than actively malicious.

That mentality has kind of burned me alot in my friendships.
##vote Byz

celaph

#1974 Post by celaph » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:35 pm

What are people's feelings about Pyxxy? I don't think that any of their votes have been serious and more that they are skating by on being around + funny. Also, his post asking about the various spellings of his name for the bot seems like he's more worried about what people think of him than actually solving the game.

@Pyxxy, I get that this is a joke, but with less than half an hour before EoD, I want to know who you actually scumread.
pyxxy wrote:
##VOTE ghug

Bonatogether

#1975 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:36 pm

President Eden wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:35 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:33 pm
Chaqa wrote:

Signed: Chaq Holliday, Emperor Napoleon Bonatogether, President John Henry Eden.
Well shit, guess that’s that
champagne all around

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1976 Post by DemonRHK » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:37 pm

GM VOTE COUNT DAY ONE THE SIXTH AND A HALF
(hand count, through post 1974)

Byz(5): Jamiet99uk, Bonatogether*, President Eden*, Chaqa*, Rumi Tobari
damo666(4): BesharamSabi*, celaph, dargorygel, worcej

~24 minutes remain in Day 1.

celaph

#1977 Post by celaph » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:37 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:17 pm
ghug wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:36 pm
Pyxxy +1ing the posts criticizing him...
didn't he do that in a previous game? might have been celaph
I think I was +1ing posts without posting anything right before EoD in one of the last games. I don't recall focusing on +1ing people who critiqued me.

Rumi Tobari

#1978 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:37 pm

celaph wrote:
What are people's feelings about Pyxxy? I don't think that any of their votes have been serious and more that they are skating by on being around + funny. Also, his post asking about the various spellings of his name for the bot seems like he's more worried about what people think of him than actually solving the game.

@Pyxxy, I get that this is a joke, but with less than half an hour before EoD, I want to know who you actually scumread.
pyxxy wrote:
##VOTE ghug
Honestly, I fully agree with this and have mentioned this at least once. Most, if not all of Pyx's votes do not seem to have been based on anything subtantial, and for the most part it did not seem like he was actually attempting to solve the game in any meaningful capacity

Bonatogether

#1979 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:37 pm

celaph wrote:

pyxxy wrote:
##VOTE ghug
looking more like town celaph

President Eden

#1980 Post by President Eden » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:37 pm

celaph wrote:
What are people’s feelings about Pyxxy? I don’t think that any of their votes have been serious and more that they are skating by on being around + funny. Also, his post asking about the various spellings of his name for the bot seems like he’s more worried about what people think of him than actually solving the game.

pyxxy wrote:
(this is a joke please don’t take this seriously)
##VOTE ghug
Oh I didn’t even think about the bot spelling thing being a way to Beetlejuice it up, that’s a good observation.

I know I’ve let him skate on being mostly present and funny so that’s totally fair.