MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BesharamSabi

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#981 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:54 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:47 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:41 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:37 pm

Eden has a point, and I've pointed this out. You're trying to save Eden's slot, but you're voting for eden. That doesn't actually say "Save your slot" at all and isn't doing anything to deesclaate this discusison.
I'm voting him because I'm frustrated with the bad faith attacks on my play style. I can always change my vote.
What exactly does bad faith mean to you? Because I haven’t really been attacking your play and to the extent you could describe it as much, it is completely in good faith confusion as to what you are doing and why. If I were mafia, and you were my teammate, I wouldn’t be calling any attention to you like this, and if I were mafia and you were town, I would probably be making some shit up about seeing your progress and giving you credit for it, because I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you’d fall for it hook line and sinker. I can only ever be taking this tough love approach that I know would upset you if I’m town, because the only way it’s in my interest to do so is if I’m not actually sure what your alignment is and I need to get my thoughts out there, unflattering though they may be, so my other 11-12 teammates can help me out.
Bad faith attacks is stuff like this:
President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:29 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:28 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:27 pm

you
I don't sandbag anymore. I'm a serious mafia player now. 😎
vibe checks and asking other people to play for you, V. V. V. Serious meta
And saying that my questions are empty and I'm being performative when I haven't and I explained that my questions aren't empty.

Instead of asking questions to figure out my alignment, you are just throwing me out into the poe. You haven't attempted to solve me. You have sat on the sidelines. Could ask me questions about where my mind is at in the game or anything. I have been asking people to ask me stuff so I can explain my reads.

You really aren't showing your passion or motivation at all to solve this game. Not just my slot but the others in the pile.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#982 Post by Chaqa » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:00 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:43 pm
Chaqa wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:30 pm
Here's how I play:

Build a towncore.

Bounce reads with said towncore.

Figure out slots im questioning so I can put them somewhere.

I hate conf biasing myself with slots that end up with town, I'm guilty of that and it takes up all my time and effort so I rather solve slots I have a feeling could maybe tiny bit be town.
This is how I usually play as town and I'm relatively sure you've shaded me for it in the past. Open to an evolving playstyle.

FWIW, I do see some differences from previously.
I have won as town (or had correct reads) when I started playing like this. I'm sorry for shading you.
Apologize by helping me and Vecna solve this :D

Eden is clearly dirty suspect #1

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#983 Post by Chaqa » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:02 pm

But for now back to the meme train

##Vote bo_sox
##END

President Eden

#984 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:02 pm

Good Lord I was just teasing you there. Chaqa even called it out for what it was right afterward. You have bantzed me harder in this thread, it’s what we do.

But it’s funny you say that, because I still don’t see where you’ve done anything more than that to solve my slot.

I said you, along with four other people, hadn’t done enough to distinguish themselves to my liking at the not yet halfway point of day 1. It’s not on me to play 20 questions with you and sort you ASAP. I spent most of my limited time at game start feeling out the newer players, particularly Rumi, and am pretty happy with where I ended up. I put some pressure on rivera and pushed back on ideas from Byz and Rumi. I have done AMPLE for you to solve my alignment if you want to solve it.

Why do you need people to ask you shit to explain your reads? Can’t you just do it yourself?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#985 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:03 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:15 pm
I will say that Bona and Jamie feel the most like their old selves so idk what that says about anything.
I feel like Jamie's trying a little too hard to seem like Jamie.

President Eden

#986 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:04 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:00 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

This is how I usually play as town and I'm relatively sure you've shaded me for it in the past. Open to an evolving playstyle.

I have won as town (or had correct reads) when I started playing like this. I'm sorry for shading you.

I would love to see any serious reasoning from you on this, because I think it’s ludicrous I’m even seriously being considered right now.

BesharamSabi

#987 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:05 pm

Chaqa wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

OK fair. I still feel weird by ghug and damo slot. I have zero idea how to read Vecna.

Rumi Tobari

#988 Post by Rumi Tobari » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:06 pm

I think I' mabout oth it hte wall, I'll still be here, but I'll be asleep

BesharamSabi

#989 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:07 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:02 pm
Good Lord I was just teasing you there. Chaqa even called it out for what it was right afterward. You have bantzed me harder in this thread, it’s what we do.

But it’s funny you say that, because I still don’t see where you’ve done anything more than that to solve my slot.

I said you, along with four other people, hadn’t done enough to distinguish themselves to my liking at the not yet halfway point of day 1. It’s not on me to play 20 questions with you and sort you ASAP. I spent most of my limited time at game start feeling out the newer players, particularly Rumi, and am pretty happy with where I ended up. I put some pressure on rivera and pushed back on ideas from Byz and Rumi. I have done AMPLE for you to solve my alignment if you want to solve it.

Why do you need people to ask you shit to explain your reads? Can’t you just do it yourself?
Because I struggle with how to share my thoughts organically. It's a skill issue on my part. Besides that it helps me think about the game differently if I'm asked questions I didn't consider.

Bonatogether

#990 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:10 pm

celaph wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 7:20 pm
Byz wrote:
Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:09 pm
Sup Bona, Sabi. Hello new people. Can someone who is smarter than me explain the name tags?

Playdip superiority btw
Incorrect.
celaph =D

Jamiet99uk

#991 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:10 pm

ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:03 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:15 pm
I will say that Bona and Jamie feel the most like their old selves so idk what that says about anything.
I feel like Jamie's trying a little too hard to seem like Jamie.
I can't be anyone else. You've experienced this many times. I'm always me. You know it. Yet you repeatedly ignore the things your heart tells you.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

BesharamSabi

#992 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:10 pm

Maybe I'm partially annoyed because way less skilled players than eden who don't even know me have read my alignment easier than eden has. It's like am I doing something wrong this game?

Jamiet99uk

#993 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:11 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:06 pm
I think I' mabout oth it hte wall, I'll still be here, but I'll be asleep
I'm just getting to the bar. Sounds like you need to go home.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Jamiet99uk

#994 Post by Jamiet99uk » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:11 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:10 pm
Maybe I'm partially annoyed because way less skilled players than eden who don't even know me have read my alignment easier than eden has. It's like am I doing something wrong this game?
Maybe you are Town and Princess Eden is scum?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#995 Post by ghug » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:12 pm

worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:41 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:21 pm
FWIW, I didn't start the bo wagon because he isn't posting, I started it because he's the worst and if we kill him before he makes a post the game won't be tainted by his bad mojo.
biggest oooof on D1 so far
Worcej bad take. Town confirmed.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#996 Post by Chaqa » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:12 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:04 pm
Chaqa wrote:
BesharamSabi wrote:

I would love to see any serious reasoning from you on this, because I think it’s ludicrous I’m even seriously being considered right now.
So basically, you said me and Bona were playing video games and I wasn't, and also you seem excited, which is sus, and also pinata.

BesharamSabi

#997 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:13 pm

Maybe I just suck at playing mafia on webdip.

Princess Neon

#998 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:14 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:32 pm
President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:29 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 3:28 pm

I don't sandbag anymore. I'm a serious mafia player now. 😎
vibe checks and asking other people to play for you, V. V. V. Serious meta
Once again how I play is asking people I townread to give me second opinions on reads so I can see if my worldview is off base or not. It helps reassess my reads.

Vibe check is what I call reads on day one because there's no flips for me to put people in alignments because I need votes and interactions.

Can you just stop belittling how I'm playing for fucks sake. I adopted a play style that works for me. I build a town group and bounce my reads off them and go from there.
Maybe that's why I like you so much you play very similar to me lol.

President Eden

#999 Post by President Eden » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:14 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:07 pm
President Eden wrote:

Because I struggle with how to share my thoughts organically. It's a skill issue on my part. Besides that it helps me think about the game differently if I'm asked questions I didn't consider.
See, my issue is that “I need people to ask me questions so I know how to give organic reads” is literally the quintessential problem a mafia player has in every mafia game they roll. It is something I can totally see you earnestly experiencing as town, but it is also completely indistinguishable from what I might reasonably expect you to experience as mafia.

Hence why you are in my group of people who have not distinguished themselves yet. If I didn’t know you better and you were just a generic player with ~a year’s experience I would be snap voting you and calling this a de facto scumclaim. It’s only precisely BECAUSE I am trying to be fair to you and find the truth, and not just say something that I know people would see as plausible, that I hesitate.

BesharamSabi

#1000 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:18 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:14 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:07 pm
President Eden wrote:

See, my issue is that “I need people to ask me questions so I know how to give organic reads” is literally the quintessential problem a mafia player has in every mafia game they roll. It is something I can totally see you earnestly experiencing as town, but it is also completely indistinguishable from what I might reasonably expect you to experience as mafia.

Hence why you are in my group of people who have not distinguished themselves yet. If I didn’t know you better and you were just a generic player with ~a year’s experience I would be snap voting you and calling this a de facto scumclaim. It’s only precisely BECAUSE I am trying to be fair to you and find the truth, and not just say something that I know people would see as plausible, that I hesitate.
It's literally how I play as town.

I do a fucking ama session every game and haven't been scumread for it. It's not what I'm used to.