MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
BesharamSabi

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#501 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:02 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:30 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:03 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:30 am
I am playing three game at the same time so I'm trying to spread my time and energy equally between the three games.

But anyway I'm tired so I'm going to get some sleep. Good night xoxo
This is fucked
It isn’t just fucked, it’s probably cap so sabi’s mafia self can hide
Not cap. I'm in Byz game on playdip and in a fortress of lies game as well. I have a forum mafia problem and I blame Bona for showing me mu

Princess Neon

#502 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:03 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:59 pm
worcej wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:56 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:15 am
So basically I accidentally set of a malestrom of accusations, blame, and finger-pointing by accident.

Now I feel terrible. I can't social read at all, I can only do facts

I'm so sorry for being a screwup
This seems way too out of place for me to understand appropriately.
I'm so used to being considered shushed, ignored, or otherwise considered "problematic" in a large percentage of my interactions both online and off that I'm sometimes a little quick to assume that I am in fact a problem on the barest of subtext
I'm pocketed forever.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#503 Post by dargorygel » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:04 pm

@sabi
Tegarding neon...
I agree with your analysis. But i hope she will see that defending rumi that way dis-enables the rest of us from reading rumi.

Princess Neon

#504 Post by Princess Neon » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:05 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:00 pm
vibe check

towny vibes
  • rumi: I think their approach so far in the game hasn't been sandbagging (who would ever do that). His attempts at solving seems awkward in a person new to this game way. His reactions feel pure. I don't think that scum slip is real and yall are reaching in that
  • Jamiet99uk: I'm getting towny pings from him. He's already tunneling in a player which Jamie tends to do. Reading through his posts I did mind meld with him a bit. His solving feels logical. His shitpost was stiff but that's jamie
  • princess neon: her defense/hard shielding of Rumi doesn't feel like it's opportunistic or an attempt to pocket him. Her genuine read and belief in him being town has seems confident but not in a tmi way (like the way wolfs know who is town because they aren't wolfs). Her posting hasn't been stiff and awkward
×××

not good vibes
  • eden: he just doesn't feel like himself. His tone feels clumsy esp towards Rumi. Not sure why he lied or why he didn't clarify that. Also don't know how to feel about his wagon not facing resistence (but it's also early in day one)
  • ghug: I looked thru old games and ghug seems different from his scum and town games for day one. I guess the time away changed his ways of posting? But like idk I feel like him jumping on stuff felt opportunistic, he hasnt really put his own thoughts in the game if that makes sense?
On a scale of 1 to 10 how much am I going to regret town reading you this game :p

worcej

#505 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:05 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:21 am
President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:21 am
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:15 am
So basically I accidentally set of a malestrom of accusations, blame, and finger-pointing by accident.

Now I feel terrible. I can’t social read at all, I can only do facts

I’m so sorry for being a screwup
psh that was obviously Sabi’s fault, you’re doing fine, nothing to apologize for
Is it a webdip mafia game if I don't fuck up and make it messy?
I bet we could make a blackout bingo board out of webdip ‘meta’ and hit it roughly 75.89% of the time.

worcej

#506 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:07 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:30 am
I am playing three game at the same time so I'm trying to spread my time and energy equally between the three games.

But anyway I'm tired so I'm going to get some sleep. Good night xoxo
I knew you were crazy…

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#507 Post by dargorygel » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:08 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:02 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:57 pm
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:50 pm

Little bit of column a little bit of column b
In your forum games, do you recollect that you have played more as scumwolfbaddie, or as townangelnicey?
I've played scum exactly 3 times and I play a lot. I also absolutely despise playing scum

Unless you mean my general play style. In that case I think I play nice towny but I've had some people not take well to my play style
Hmmmm
I ask because your response to some pressure about your defense of rumi seemed to say, "i play MY way," which is a more individualistic style. So i was, giving you the benefit of the doubt, wondering if you'd had habits formed by uberscumteam playing.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#508 Post by Chaqa » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:08 pm

Let's help lighten Sabi's workload

##Vote Sabi ##END

worcej

#509 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:09 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:31 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:19 am
if eden is town, his goal is to kill scum - ignoring you doesn't further that (less information created) and pushing to kill you straight off doesn't further that either (odds are you're town, so that just reduces the margin of error on other kills). the logical thing for him to do as town is to engage you and try to determine your alignment - and since the goal of scum is to have the team last long enough to outnumber town, there's a strong case to be made for scum!eden also engaging you. however, there's a crucial difference in how town and scum would engage you - town wants to create and disseminate information in order to turn that into a kill on scum, but scum wants to avoid information getting out or being interpreted correctly. i have my thoughts on how eden has interacted with you, and other people do as well, but i'm going to hold off on saying it for a quick second just to ask you, which do you think more closely matches eden (or do neither?). how do other players fit into that?

you giving answers is the most crucial thing. being right or wrong isn't the important thing right now (only he and the mafia will know atm) - but you outlining a read and a thought process is the important aspect.
To be honest, I was suspicious of Eden, and in a social setting, I might just retreat into my shell a bit and avoid socialization. But here I'm not sure, voting kneejerk only on first impression isn't a great idea and can backfire, which is why I haven't voted.

I'm not adept enough at socialization in general to really have a good read on any of this. And I'm not familiar enough with any of you to go on any of that.
Votes are like candy - you can have just one or the whole damn bag if you want.

BesharamSabi

#510 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:09 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:04 pm
@sabi
Tegarding neon...
I agree with your analysis. But i hope she will see that defending rumi that way dis-enables the rest of us from reading rumi.
She needs to be less chihuahua in her approach but I get why she's doing it.

BesharamSabi

#511 Post by BesharamSabi » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:09 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:05 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:00 pm
vibe check

towny vibes
  • rumi: I think their approach so far in the game hasn't been sandbagging (who would ever do that). His attempts at solving seems awkward in a person new to this game way. His reactions feel pure. I don't think that scum slip is real and yall are reaching in that
  • Jamiet99uk: I'm getting towny pings from him. He's already tunneling in a player which Jamie tends to do. Reading through his posts I did mind meld with him a bit. His solving feels logical. His shitpost was stiff but that's jamie
  • princess neon: her defense/hard shielding of Rumi doesn't feel like it's opportunistic or an attempt to pocket him. Her genuine read and belief in him being town has seems confident but not in a tmi way (like the way wolfs know who is town because they aren't wolfs). Her posting hasn't been stiff and awkward
×××

not good vibes
  • eden: he just doesn't feel like himself. His tone feels clumsy esp towards Rumi. Not sure why he lied or why he didn't clarify that. Also don't know how to feel about his wagon not facing resistence (but it's also early in day one)
  • ghug: I looked thru old games and ghug seems different from his scum and town games for day one. I guess the time away changed his ways of posting? But like idk I feel like him jumping on stuff felt opportunistic, he hasnt really put his own thoughts in the game if that makes sense?
On a scale of 1 to 10 how much am I going to regret town reading you this game :p
None at all :) 💚

worcej

#512 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:10 pm

President Eden wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:40 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:38 am
This bot is super cool but I think I’m spending too much time reading it because I find the stats intresting even though they mean like nothing at all.
actually, if your post count is the highest at the end of each phase, you get $200
This is how we breed more brainbombs…

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#513 Post by Chaqa » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:11 pm

I'm going to cast all of my votes as hammer votes this game

damo666

#514 Post by damo666 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:12 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:12 pm
damo666 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:05 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:00 pm

Is... Is this still memes? I honestly can't tell if this is some kind of running gag at this point.
Princess Neon = President Eden

It seems dyslexia lures.
So are yiu actually voting for Eden, and confusing the bot?
confuse the bot?

worcej

#515 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:12 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:42 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:26 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:22 am

I cna vouch for neon. She was able to find me as town and we mindmelded in games. It was uwu
pardon me if this doesn't hold a lot of credibility with me
Bona has a point. Personally vouching based on prior experience doesn't mean anything factually right now. And aside from a bias towards trusting people with Princess in their names, I don't see any formal reason to unconditionally trust Neon at this time.

At the same time, I see no reason to be suspicious of her either.
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:35 am
you can always change your vote :-)

can you say a little about why you were suspicious of eden?

no problemo wrt not having meta on people - that's just part of being new. i think once you get a handle on the different personalities it'll be a little easier
Eden was engaging and asking questions and lowkey felt like feeling me out, I'm used to being shushed or ignored in communities. Or otherwise told my own opinions don't matter. Affirmation makes me feel a little awkward and suspicious of others motives

Detective mentality, remember? I look for a motive on why people engage with me. But I'm used to clues, evidence, and other factual bits of logic puzzle rather than social cues.
And you were concerned with how you’re playing? This is solid.

worcej

#516 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:13 pm

Chaqa wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:11 pm
I'm going to cast all of my votes as hammer votes this game
God bless you and your willingness to be a troll

damo666

#517 Post by damo666 » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:13 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:20 pm
damo666 wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:05 pm
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 12:00 pm

Is... Is this still memes? I honestly can't tell if this is some kind of running gag at this point.
Princess Neon = President Eden

It seems dyslexia lures.
too early for this complex analysis
gv

Bonatogether

#518 Post by Bonatogether » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:15 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:02 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 11:30 am
ghug wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 6:03 am

This is fucked
It isn’t just fucked, it’s probably cap so sabi’s mafia self can hide
Not cap. I'm in Byz game on playdip and in a fortress of lies game as well. I have a forum mafia problem and I blame Bona for showing me mu
links or it didn't happen

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#519 Post by dargorygel » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:15 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:09 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:04 pm
@sabi
Tegarding neon...
She needs to be less chihuahua in her approach but I get why she's doing it.
It is not alignment indicative, imo. But i do not see the value of her defense on Day 1. It is unwarranted, and slows down our reading of new rumi.

But I've (over)commented enough on this...

So new thing
Is it time to put pressure on no posters? I dislike policy-kills, but the tren in this site before i left for a while was for scum to lurkylurk. And since D1 is more random than we admit, maybe we should hit a low or lower poster.

worcej

#520 Post by worcej » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:16 pm

Princess Neon wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:50 am
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:42 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:26 am

pardon me if this doesn't hold a lot of credibility with me
Bona has a point. Personally vouching based on prior experience doesn't mean anything factually right now. And aside from a bias towards trusting people with Princess in their names, I don't see any formal reason to unconditionally trust Neon at this time.

At the same time, I see no reason to be suspicious of her either.
Bonatogether wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:35 am
you can always change your vote :-)

can you say a little about why you were suspicious of eden?

no problemo wrt not having meta on people - that's just part of being new. i think once you get a handle on the different personalities it'll be a little easier
Eden was engaging and asking questions and lowkey felt like feeling me out, I'm used to being shushed or ignored in communities. Or otherwise told my own opinions don't matter. Affirmation makes me feel a little awkward and suspicious of others motives

Detective mentality, remember? I look for a motive on why people engage with me. But I'm used to clues, evidence, and other factual bits of logic puzzle rather than social cues.
I am clearly bad at mafia because I exclusively trust other people's personal mafia experiences. Unless I think they are teamed.
How many games of mafia have you played?