MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
worcej

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#5881 Post by worcej » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:27 pm

You potentially poisoned the well first Eden, I am just pointing that out for the masses.

President Eden

#5882 Post by President Eden » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:30 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:27 pm
You potentially poisoned the well first Eden, I am just pointing that out for the masses.
The fact that you’re twisting my words this blatantly makes me think you know you have a vote again.

President Eden

#5883 Post by President Eden » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:31 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:19 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:17 pm
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:09 pm

Skipping ahead a bit, I've been trying to figure out what tag Jamie peeked on Day 3. He said it confirmed ghug being town, but it wasn't the Roger Murtaugh tag he died with. As far as I can tell, he never mentioned what his tag was, and that is EXTREMELY frustrating.
> BUS DRIVER swap
> FLORIST delivery
> COP Scan
> MAFIA kill/overkill
> DOCTOR heal
could jamie have scanned the person who killed him?
in which case, jamie peeks, sees he has the tag, gives it to the mafia member (strongman?), who then immediately gives it back upon killing him?
Can you break this down for me a bit simpler cuz I’m not following how Jamie would have had time to peek his tag after scanning N3 and said something about it

Bonatogether

#5884 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:34 pm

yall are stupid

if worcej has a vote, he's not obviously scum in any capacity. he could be scum trying to get a vote, we could be getting juked for this exact reason with the no vote on some other town

if worcej has no vote, he's fairly certainly town - scum leaving the no vote on their own is just dumb unless they're super ride or die on the chance that we believe no-vote = town AND actively check worcej for it. not good enough chance for scum.

if i were scum i would be rotating that no vote all around the town just to fuck with people and to create suspicions, so i believe worcej has a vote

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5885 Post by Chaqa » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:34 pm

ghug wrote:
Chaqa wrote:
— removed—

Are we talking good Tame Impala or post-Lonerism Tame Impala?
How can you hate on Currents and Slow Rush

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5886 Post by Chaqa » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:36 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:
Chaqa wrote:

Skipping ahead a bit, I've been trying to figure out what tag Jamie peeked on Day 3. He said it confirmed ghug being town, but it wasn't the Roger Murtaugh tag he died with. As far as I can tell, he never mentioned what his tag was, and that is EXTREMELY frustrating.
> BUS DRIVER swap
> FLORIST delivery
> COP Scan
> MAFIA kill/overkill
> DOCTOR heal
in which case, jamie peeks, sees he has the tag, gives it to the mafia member (strongman?), who then immediately gives it back upon killing him?
No way to know.

worcej

#5887 Post by worcej » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:37 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:30 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:27 pm
The fact that you’re twisting my words this blatantly makes me think you know you have a vote again.
How convenient for you to twist my words about twisting your words to ultimately continue to double down that if I have a vote I am scum.

All I fucking said was your massive text wall about if I have a vote will be the reason why I SUSPECT you above all others. It would fit perfectly into the only way I think you could be possibly scum, which is via wolfing and bussing the shit this game.

Also, you can take your choice words you have for me post game about and shove them up your ass. Once you shit then out, shove it up there again for another good shit. I don’t give a fuck about your opinion on how I am playing and your opinion is entirely biased because you are just upset that I continue to suspect you may be wolfing right now. If you haven’t noticed, I am not openly towning anyone unless they are mostly mechanically clear - I always suspect even the towniest of towns. This is how I play, get used to it.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5888 Post by Chaqa » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:38 pm

Bona, ghug means Jamie peaked the tag he got from scanning ghug.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5889 Post by Chaqa » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:38 pm

Eden/worcej - take a breath

President Eden

#5890 Post by President Eden » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:39 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:34 pm
yall are stupid

if worcej has a vote, he's not obviously scum in any capacity. he could be scum trying to get a vote, we could be getting juked for this exact reason with the no vote on some other town

if worcej has no vote, he's fairly certainly town - scum leaving the no vote on their own is just dumb unless they're super ride or die on the chance that we believe no-vote = town AND actively check worcej for it. not good enough chance for scum.

if i were scum i would be rotating that no vote all around the town just to fuck with people and to create suspicions, so i believe worcej has a vote
Correct. That is what I’ve been saying. I’ve withheld the reasons why a townie might end up with a vote back because I didn’t want to introduce any additional unhelpful speculation about town PR decisions. But there are several reasons that worcej could have a vote as town. I have NEVER said if he has a vote he must be mafia. But he keeps spinning it like that for no apparent reason.

Rumi Tobari

#5891 Post by Rumi Tobari » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:42 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:25 pm
President Eden wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:23 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:18 pm
THAT’s the foundation dingleberry.
“WILL do,” you said, as in it is absolutely determinative that I’m going to use you having a vote (WHICH MIGHT NOT EVEN BE THE CASE AS I HAVE REPEATEDLY SAID!) to vote you off and not simply evaluate the several possibilities I’ve already identified for why you might have lost the no vote tag as town.

That’s simply not true and your continued poisoning the well for no fucking reason is noted. Assuming you aren’t just mafia as you very probably are in fact town, I am going to have a lot of very cross words for you in postgame.
You ‘will do’ and investigation and I wouldn’t be shocked if you used my positions of defending snowbyz against me (again) in an effort to accuse me as scum.

It’s fine - as I stated - If I have a vote, your massive text wall will confirm my suspicions on your open wolfing strategy this game.
I have no idea how this turned into some kind of huge argument, but its feeling like a pattern in my interactions with everyone.

Honestly, at this point I feel like the only thing I've done all game is start huge arguments, which from your view are probably intentional, that got townies voted off.
worcej wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:14 pm
This line of thinking in the last sentence also leads me to raise an eyebrow at Rumi
So yeah, I'll take the scumread from worcej here, without being flippant. I've earned everyone's suspicion I think.

Bonatogether

#5892 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:42 pm

President Eden wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:31 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Bonatogether wrote:

Can you break this down for me a bit simpler cuz I’m not following how Jamie would have had time to peek his tag after scanning N3 and said something about it
realized im wrong, jamie flipped with a vanilla tag

worcej

#5893 Post by worcej » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:43 pm

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:34 pm
yall are stupid

This is my exact concern right now. I would do the same exact thing if I was scum in an effort to sow confusion.

The fact Eden is openly planting the seeds to begin an ‘investigation’ into me once it is moved is eyebrow raising because of course I should be looked at and I would expect it to he discussed. However, openly stating it now seems to indicate to me he knows I have a vote.

I am growing concerned that this HB wagon is most likely a miskill and we’re approaching the situation where we are running out of time faster than we think.

President Eden

#5894 Post by President Eden » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:43 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:42 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:25 pm
President Eden wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:23 pm

“WILL do,” you said, as in it is absolutely determinative that I’m going to use you having a vote (WHICH MIGHT NOT EVEN BE THE CASE AS I HAVE REPEATEDLY SAID!) to vote you off and not simply evaluate the several possibilities I’ve already identified for why you might have lost the no vote tag as town.

That’s simply not true and your continued poisoning the well for no fucking reason is noted. Assuming you aren’t just mafia as you very probably are in fact town, I am going to have a lot of very cross words for you in postgame.
You ‘will do’ and investigation and I wouldn’t be shocked if you used my positions of defending snowbyz against me (again) in an effort to accuse me as scum.

It’s fine - as I stated - If I have a vote, your massive text wall will confirm my suspicions on your open wolfing strategy this game.
I have no idea how this turned into some kind of huge argument, but its feeling like a pattern in my interactions with everyone.

Honestly, at this point I feel like the only thing I've done all game is start huge arguments, which from your view are probably intentional, that got townies voted off.
worcej wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:14 pm
This line of thinking in the last sentence also leads me to raise an eyebrow at Rumi
So yeah, I'll take the scumread from worcej here, without being flippant. I've earned everyone's suspicion I think.
As much as worcej and I are butting heads I imagine we agree that you are not the cause of it lol. At the very least I don’t think you are, and I don’t think he does either. Pretty sure we both firmly blame the other.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5895 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:44 pm

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:42 pm
[
I wouldn't go that far, and I don't think worcej is exactly on the money here.

Bonatogether

#5896 Post by Bonatogether » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:45 pm

i give up on understanding mechs

i just hope the people who do are town

Rumi Tobari

#5897 Post by Rumi Tobari » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:46 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:43 pm
I am growing concerned that this HB wagon is most likely a miskill and we’re approaching the situation where we are running out of time faster than we think.
Lets say HB is a miskill. Lets talk about who we DK instead of HB.

I'd like to point out I was lightly townreading Snowy for a whole day despite that I was kind of scumreading Byz. So I need to be convinced.

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5898 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:48 pm

The reason I looked at the votes and wondering if celaph and ghug should move: Right now it's 4 votes to 3.

If Celaph has the vote, it's going to be 5 to 3 with current positions. Bad for me, but it offers up information.

If ghug has the vote, with current standing, we end in a tie. And that's not good. That's wasted the day, and then runs us down with a NK.

President Eden

#5899 Post by President Eden » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:50 pm

I am vaguely concerned HB may be town because I don’t get any real feeling from him that I’m being deceived, but this game stops making sense to me fast if HB and/or Vecna are town.

Vecna seems way more checked out and resigned so my personal preference is to go there, but Bona has been on the money this game and his case against Neon was very good. Good enough that I’m not sure that HB appearing earnestly confused and seeking to understand the game state wins me over.

I guess there could be 2+ mafia among bo/celaph/rdr, but more than likely there’s something afoot with my townreads

Hamilton Brian
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#5900 Post by Hamilton Brian » Thu Aug 25, 2022 7:53 pm

Oh, my confusion is earnest. I also feel like I've been reading so much about mechs that my eyes have glazed over. Even the people putting in 110% effort are a wash for me.