MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#3021 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:22 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:49 am
Chaqa wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:58 pm
President Eden wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:30 pm
Top 10 Anime Betrayals

##VOTE Bonatogether
You may not betray the voting bloc!
##vote bonatogether
betrayal averted
Self voting is not recommended.

Why do you suspect yourself?
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Jamiet99uk

#3022 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:23 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:50 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:49 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:47 am

I truly love when people imply they have a smoking gun on me and than leave without explaining it. It’s my favorite mafia past time.
I truly love when Jamie feels the need to shoot whatever load the game cursed him with well before it’s time to do so.
what blue balls will do to a mfer
Ain't that the fucking truth. Lately at least. Fml.

##Unvote.

Jamiet99uk

#3023 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:26 am

worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:22 am
While flourist is a meh PR, it was a PR that can confirm nametags in the event a claim-off comes up.
You previously argued this power was useless, but ok.

Jamiet99uk

#3024 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:40 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:16 am
Part of me wants to give lock town, town core status to worcej

But he's only town if he's loud and wrong. I think his case and push in eden has a lot merit to it.

Eden looks terrible under pressure and the whole weird ate at the end.
Agree with this take.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3025 Post by Chaqa » Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:59 am

worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:52 am
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:47 am
But I will agree with worcej if that's all you said on the matter that you provide no context for your bona flip, if it is as genuine as you state here.

An off hand comment about out of game availability is not really a reason to sus someone
What makes it more bad is he's using the fact that I didn't conclude that this is the complete basis for susing Bona and therefor I am not paying attention.

Speaking of this more: when you look at it honestly, Eden doing this is clearly angle shooting with outside of game information only privy to Eden and Chaqa.
I’m just as confused as you are why Eden is voting Bona

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3026 Post by Chaqa » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:00 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:54 am
worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:52 am
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 5:47 am
But I will agree with worcej if that’s all you said on the matter that you provide no context for your bona flip, if it is as genuine as you state here.

An off hand comment about out of game availability is not really a reason to sus someone
What makes it more bad is he’s using the fact that I didn’t conclude that this is the complete basis for susing Bona and therefor I am not paying attention.

Speaking of this more: when you look at it honestly, Eden doing this is clearly angle shooting with outside of game information only privy to Eden and Chaqa.
No, that’s one piece of evidence that you aren’t, and a comparatively minor one compared to the fucking mountain that was my progression on Byz today which you completely ignored and now won’t even acknowledge when I’ve gone back and quoted a bunch of the sequence to prove it to you.
But why are you voting BONA?

Jamiet99uk

#3027 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:00 am

So, this argument between Worcej and Eden.

I feel like this loud frustration is Town Worcej.

President Eden is being weird.

If I understand it:

Eden had declared Bona to be one of his top townreads. Then, for some reason, he flipped over to making Bona his #1 scumread without any explanation. Then, Worcej pressured him to explain himself and he first of all asserted that he had already given "hundreds of words" on the subject, but then apparently recanted on that position and now asserts that he won't explain his scumread on Bona.

@President Eden: Why do you expect anyone to join you on Bona if you're unwilling to explain yourself? If you've got a "gotcha" on him that you refuse to discuss until a later date, wouldn't it make sense to leave Bona until then?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3028 Post by Chaqa » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:01 am

snowy801 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:06 am
Why's is so frustrating to you that someone's wrong about you?
+69

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3029 Post by Chaqa » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:01 am

worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:11 am
Your initial jump on Byz was poorly framed (one bad post and you thinking they were justifying their meme vote) and you have tripled down on it harder than a poor white meth addict.

You yourself justify your own meme votes regularly over time - why was it so damning for byz to do it?

You still have yet to expand further on Bona - I've asked far too many times and you're just ignoring it and shifting the conversation away from that topic.
This is also how I’m reading this interaction.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3030 Post by Chaqa » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:02 am

President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:18 am
worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:13 am
President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:12 am
You’re saying the progression away from an alleged tunnel is “inauthentic”?

So what, I actually am tunneled and just pretending not to be? I don’t get your meaning.
SHIFTING.
THE.
CONVERSATION.
AWAY.

RESPOND.
ABOUT.
BONA.
READ.
YOU.
APPARENTLY.
HAVE.
PUT.
SO.
MUCH.
EFFORT.
INTO.
I have already told you many times that I’m not going to do that right now.

It’s not “shifting the conversation” away to point out that you made an error from the outset that you refuse to acknowledge which has tainted your view of the entire case. This is perfectly proving what I mean about you being stubborn. You won’t even acknowledge you were incorrect on something basic like that, why would I expect you to see reason on anything else?

You’re descending into really shitty behavior (“poor white meth addict?” what the fuck is wrong with you?) and I feel my initial point proved that my attempt to explain my thought process would fall on deaf ears, so I’m going to leave it here.
Bro he asked you about the Bona read and you spent two pages yelling about how he misunderstood your progression on Snowbyz and Dargo.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3031 Post by Chaqa » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:04 am

bo_sox48 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:12 am
Nah. But there’s no way he isn’t playing this up.
Prediction: this post will cause Eden to “play it up” against Bo

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#3032 Post by Chaqa » Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:10 am

Catching up considered harmful.

worcej

#3033 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:04 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:32 am
ghug wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:20 am
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:15 am
ghug what do you take away from this conversation?
I mean I declared worcej locktown halfway through day 1 so there’s nothing new to find there.

There’s a fact at the core of his argument: the bona thing is underexplained. This is… true? apparent? not really scummy at all? Then it’s a bunch of kinda mean harping on it and Eden not really helping the situation by answering directly, but I’d probably be pretty annoyed in his shoes.
I think explaining it would be detrimental still. I wish I’d just left it alone, but I naively thought that I could just hash it out anyway, despite having good reason to think it wouldn’t work out.
I cannot understand how you think it would've been better to just ignore my stance on you.

Bonatogether

#3034 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:08 pm

ghug wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:34 am
snowy801 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:33 am
I kinda wanna peek ngl
The other time we did this it was strictly bad and like half the game did it anyway, so I can't imagine there are many holdouts at this point.
webdip superiority

worcej

#3035 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:13 pm

President Eden wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 6:49 am
I’m just frustrated in a meta sense because being sussed is whatever, people have bad reasons for it all the time. Lord knows I do! But it’s a real slap in the face when someone you’re pretty certain is your teammate just refuses to even entertain the idea that you might be attempting to resolve the disagreement in good faith. Maybe people can point to times where I’ve done this to them recently as their actual teammate and not simply been right about them being mafia, but I really do feel like I give my teammates a fair chance to show me where I’m going astray. I can very reliably be counted on to waver even on suspects that I’m locked in on correctly for good reasons because I’m always worried that they might actually be on my team and I’m just ignoring good reasons to listen to them.

That worry doesn’t always show. I was pretty harsh with Byz by the end of the day because I felt like he kept slapping my hand away and doubling down on distortions and lies. I’ve been pretty harsh with people before, like Chaqa, because I felt similarly. And, of course, if I’m constantly worrying about being wrong then I don’t get to banter about being right, and that’s no fun.

But this whole issue means a lot to me because I think a lot of people don’t try nearly hard enough to bridge the gap with their teammates and that we actually see a lot of town collapses here because of it. People get lazy and pick an answer that kinda sounds good and they don’t engage with the person to figure out why the answer is wrong and then lo and behold, mafia have inexplicably come out with a W despite all odds. Plus, it makes the games really fucking nasty and toxic.
How were you trying to resolve this in good faith? I honestly felt you were doing the opposite this entire time.

If it wasn't apparent to you, my major gripe with you was non-natural progressions and lack of movement on D1 and N1. Your 'good faith' discussion pertained exclusively to your thoughts on darg and snobyx when I continued to ask you explicitly about Bona. You went after me implying I was being lazy and not paying any attention and then trying to discredit me further that I was fabricating my position on your vote.

God I hate myself for now saying this next part out loud - but literally the only thing that makes sense here is you're blatantly the cop and you have a guilty on Bona and don't actually have an argument for your read here because of your prior positioning. But if that's true, which I hope to Christ it isn't, I think it's entirely in your scum game to try to be big brained here...

Bonatogether

#3036 Post by Bonatogether » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:14 pm

also i am shitposting live from i-81 north

incidentally passed within 30 miles of where chaqa lives, i think

BesharamSabi

#3037 Post by BesharamSabi » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:14 pm

worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:13 pm
President Eden wrote:
I’m just frustrated in a meta sense because being sussed is whatever, people have bad reasons for it all the time. Lord knows I do! But it’s a real slap in the face when someone you’re pretty certain is your teammate just refuses to even entertain the idea that you might be attempting to resolve the disagreement in good faith. Maybe people can point to times where I’ve done this to them recently as their actual teammate and not simply been right about them being mafia, but I really do feel like I give my teammates a fair chance to show me where I’m going astray. I can very reliably be counted on to waver even on suspects that I’m locked in on correctly for good reasons because I’m always worried that they might actually be on my team and I’m just ignoring good reasons to listen to them.

That worry doesn’t always show. I was pretty harsh with Byz by the end of the day because I felt like he kept slapping my hand away and doubling down on distortions and lies. I’ve been pretty harsh with people before, like Chaqa, because I felt similarly. And, of course, if I’m constantly worrying about being wrong then I don’t get to banter about being right, and that’s no fun.

But this whole issue means a lot to me because I think a lot of people don’t try nearly hard enough to bridge the gap with their teammates and that we actually see a lot of town collapses here because of it. People get lazy and pick an answer that kinda sounds good and they don’t engage with the person to figure out why the answer is wrong and then lo and behold, mafia have inexplicably come out with a W despite all odds. Plus, it makes the games really fucking nasty and toxic.
How were you trying to resolve this in good faith? I honestly felt you were doing the opposite this entire time.

If it wasn't apparent to you, my major gripe with you was non-natural progressions and lack of movement on D1 and N1. Your 'good faith' discussion pertained exclusively to your thoughts on darg and snobyx when I continued to ask you explicitly about Bona. You went after me implying I was being lazy and not paying any attention and then trying to discredit me further that I was fabricating my position on your vote.

God I hate myself for now saying this next part out loud - but literally the only thing that makes sense here is you're blatantly the cop and you have a guilty on Bona and don't actually have an argument for your read here because of your prior positioning. But if that's true, which I hope to Christ it isn't, I think it's entirely in your scum game to try to be big brained here...
He can't be cop if he was sussing Bona during night no?

worcej

#3038 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:18 pm

bo_sox48 wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:12 am
Nah. But there’s no way he isn’t playing this up.
I feel the same way only because he is preaching about meta game play and our inability to connect on D2 of all phases...

If this was like LiLo or something, I'd be more emotionally interested instead of this dramatic response to my positioning on him now.

worcej

#3039 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:20 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:14 pm
worcej wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:13 pm
President Eden wrote:

He can't be cop if he was sussing Bona during night no?
N1's comments about Bona are bullshit suspicion.

The sudden change now on D2 to voting him and calling it an anime betrayal is blatantly awful PR play if it actually is true.

worcej

#3040 Post by worcej » Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:21 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:16 am
Part of me wants to give lock town, town core status to worcej

But he's only town if he's loud and wrong. I think his case and push in eden has a lot merit to it.

Eden looks terrible under pressure and the whole weird ate at the end.
I love how I get so much shit for being wrong yet if you really think about it I'm just as wrong as all of you :P