MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Princess Neon

Re: MAFIA 75: TROUBLE AT THE PRECINCT [HIDDEN]

#1441 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:53 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:06 am
Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:05 am
Chaqa wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:02 am

What hot topics have there even been? We’re definitely in more of a Spencer’s stage
Spencer's?

Also am I disrupting things by constantly asking for clarification on things like this? I didn't want to earlier becauuse i Figured it wasn't appropriate and that I'm expected to just figure it out, but the more I see the more I'm not su re how much of these terms are peronsonal vs community usage.
Spencer's is not mafia. Related.

It's that store in the mall with dildos and edgy t-shirts
*insert anime sip gif*

Sounds like my kind of store. Something something.

Princess Neon

#1442 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:57 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:45 am
worcej wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:44 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 4:42 am

Was it in scum chat 👀
Beginning to see why you got a temp ban for angle shooting now lol
I will explain in detail what got me banned on a later time lol but shhh let me enjoy the unmoderated freedom
*insert popcorn anime gif*

Princess Neon

#1443 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Aug 17, 2022 6:59 am

Nobody is here and I just spent an hour in a closet at work reading this to catch up... and 70% of it was memes.

If I get fired I'm blaming you :p

Rumi Tobari

#1444 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:12 am

I'm cosnidering withdrawing. I"m checking the topic at teh exclusion of all otehr things in my life (not that I have mayn other htings in my life) including both sleep, food, friends, and my stream, which I am lierally grinding to a screeching halt right now to check on this.

What is the procedure for this and is there a "Are you sure "yes/no" cancel" option or awm I just out for considering it?

Rumi Tobari

#1445 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:17 am

Also when I admitted to friendsd outside the forum that I was considering deleting my discord to prove a point, I actually caused some damage to my few existing friendships, so maybe just social interaction in gneeral might not be a healthy thing for me.

Princess Neon

#1446 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:31 am

That seems like a silly thing for friends to take seriously enough to damage a friendship over

But if you are actually putting your health at risk for a game you should definitely consider subbing out. This game isn't worth harming yourself over. I do dumb things for it but I also turn the phone off and avoid the thread for hours at a time because I can always catch up later.

Rumi Tobari

#1447 Post by Rumi Tobari » Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:35 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:31 am
That seems like a silly thing for friends to take seriously enough to damage a friendship over

But if you are actually putting your health at risk for a game you should definitely consider subbing out. This game isn't worth harming yourself over. I do dumb things for it but I also turn the phone off and avoid the thread for hours at a time because I can always catch up later.
they took it seriously becauuse they knwo I'm kind of insane enough to actually dismantle my social media accounts to prove a point.

Also I feel like by admitting any of this I've kind of identified myself as a problematic person with an obsessive personality and someone who should be discouraged from further participation in the community as a whole.

Princess Neon

#1448 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:03 am

Rumi Tobari wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:35 am
Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:31 am

they took it seriously becauuse they knwo I'm kind of insane enough to actually dismantle my social media accounts to prove a point.

Also I feel like by admitting any of this I've kind of identified myself as a problematic person with an obsessive personality and someone who should be discouraged from further participation in the community as a whole.
I disagree. On both counts. I've deleted my social media before I hardly think that's a reason to damage a friendship. Granted I deleted my social media presence for entirely different reasons.

On the other point I'm a bit obsessive too the only difference between you and me here is that after doing what your doing for several mafia games I had a close personal mafia friend of mine basically yell at me until I took a break from the game and when I came back I can see the signs I'm doing dangerous things to my health and I take a break. It's easy to catch up honestly I just post along while reading like I was there the whole time so people can still read me.

Either way your not problematic like at all nothing you've done has been problematic. I think if you are hurting yourself for the game and you know your personally incapable of not doing that than you should take a break or sub out for your health and safety but I hardly think that is indicative of your ability to be a member of the community at large either way

Jamiet99uk

#1449 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:20 am

worcej wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:06 am
Byz wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:20 am
So Jamie this game has focused their scumhunting efforts on A) blindly voting lowposters and B) OMGUS back and forths. Could be a case of classic active lurking scumming. Could be a villager who hasn't bothered to solve yet. Either way, >rand.

I'd like to float this wagon, though I'm not necessarily out on Eden completely, for an early D1 read at least. Can someone give me what the best case for bo_sox is atm?

"VOTE Jamiet99uk
I like this.

##vote Jamie
##end

89.9197327856346% chance this vote won't move.
I responded to Byz's incorrect post and pointed out where he was mistaken.

Why are you so happy to swallow this inaccurate depiction of me? Are you scum or just lazy?
This signature is hard to read in dark mode.

Jamiet99uk

#1450 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:22 am

dargorygel wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:32 am
Bo's here
Sheeping worcej
##vote jamie
Why are you sheeping Worcej?

Is he your top townread? Do you trust his judgement so much that you'll just follow his vote around? Why?

Jamiet99uk

#1451 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:48 am

[quote=bo_sox48 post_id=306868 time=1660709518 user_id=56]
[quote=BesharamSabi post_id=306866 time=1660709493 user_id=19096]
Bo have you tried being nice
[/quote]

[img=https://gumlet.assettype.com/afkgaming% ... 99434.jpeg][/img]
[/quote]

What a flagrant abuse of mod powers.

Also, hello Bosox.

Jamiet99uk

#1452 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:53 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 10:48 pm
This discussion with ghug has me looking at Jamie old scum games to verify if he has ever once played mafia as a power wolf.

I also can't find a link to explain what a power wolf is for rumi.
I am sometimes super-aggressive as scum.

I'm not scum today.

Princess Neon

#1453 Post by Princess Neon » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:03 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:53 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
This discussion with ghug has me looking at Jamie old scum games to verify if he has ever once played mafia as a power wolf.

I'm not scum today.
But are you scum yesterday? What about tmrw?

Jamiet99uk

#1454 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:08 am

Princess Neon wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:03 am
Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:53 am
BesharamSabi wrote:

I'm not scum today.
But are you scum yesterday? What about tmrw?
My alignment is unlikely to change during the course of this game. I'm pretty sure none of the name tag powers is that crazy.

Jamiet99uk

#1455 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:10 am

President Eden wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:13 am
I think I’ve landed on explaining.

@Jamie: My records reflect that we reviewed this setup 3-4 weeks ago. By the time I personally viewed it, ghug and Chaqa had already constructively analyzed it and offered sound recommendations for balance, so aside from a relatively brief review to make sure I didn’t see anything that went unaddressed, I didn’t spend a lot of time on the setup. (I did not see anything that went unaddressed.)

I then proceeded not to look at any aspect of it at all until I got my role PM yesterday.

So when I jokingly implied I hadn’t read it and didn’t know what to do… that I actually hadn’t read it was a joke, but I genuinely hadn’t thought about the setup in weeks, and didn’t really try to work out exactly how I would attack it as a player.

I’m a bit mystified as to why you are framing this as a “lie” when it is plainly (to me anyway) a joke… I thought you were playing it up as a bit of your own, but you seem actually serious about it. Historically I struggle to know what to make of that, and this is no exception.
What interests me is:

1. At least four people made specific reference to your statement about not having read the setup.

2. One of those people specifically said they were voting you for this reason.

But despite (1) and (2), and despite you being active and posting lots of other remarks, you did not refer to this issue at all, until I repeatedly brought it up.

Why was that? Why did you just ignore the point despite having votes on you?

Jamiet99uk

#1456 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:15 am

@Worcej: Can you recall a game, in the last 2-3 years, where you and I have both been town, and where you have correctly townread me on D1?

My bet is that the answer is no but I'd love to be wrong.

My theory is that you are really bad at reading me. My general recollection is that you always scumread me, and always attack me, in the early days of every game we play together, irrespective of what alignment I actually turn out to be.

If my theory is correct, perhaps you'd like to comment on why you are so bad at reading me. If my theory is wrong, then please disprove it.

Jamiet99uk

#1457 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:16 am

@Bona:
@Ghug:

Given Bo_Sox has now participated, why are you still voting for him? You have been active since Bo_Sox arrived, but you have not changed your votes. Why do you scumread Bo?

Jamiet99uk

#1458 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:23 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:10 am
President Eden wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:13 am
I think I’ve landed on explaining.

@Jamie: My records reflect that we reviewed this setup 3-4 weeks ago. By the time I personally viewed it, ghug and Chaqa had already constructively analyzed it and offered sound recommendations for balance, so aside from a relatively brief review to make sure I didn’t see anything that went unaddressed, I didn’t spend a lot of time on the setup. (I did not see anything that went unaddressed.)

I then proceeded not to look at any aspect of it at all until I got my role PM yesterday.

So when I jokingly implied I hadn’t read it and didn’t know what to do… that I actually hadn’t read it was a joke, but I genuinely hadn’t thought about the setup in weeks, and didn’t really try to work out exactly how I would attack it as a player.

I’m a bit mystified as to why you are framing this as a “lie” when it is plainly (to me anyway) a joke… I thought you were playing it up as a bit of your own, but you seem actually serious about it. Historically I struggle to know what to make of that, and this is no exception.
What interests me is:

1. At least four people made specific reference to your statement about not having read the setup.

2. One of those people specifically said they were voting you for this reason.

But despite (1) and (2), and despite you being active and posting lots of other remarks, you did not refer to this issue at all, until I repeatedly brought it up.

Why was that? Why did you just ignore the point despite having votes on you?
@PE: Since I seem to mystify you, let me expand further.

I'm not scumreading you because "oh he lied about the setup review, GOTCHA!". If you think that's what I'm suggesting, please let me reassure you, it's not.

Rather, I am puzzled about why, when multiple people made reference to your statement about having "not read the setup", and at least one of them said they were voting you because of it, you simply breezed over it and did not respond / clarify / comment at all, until I started talking about your lack of response.

That's what currently puzzles me about you.

celaph

#1459 Post by celaph » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:30 am

I've caught up in reading which was a mistake because I'll be tired tomorrow.

@jamie, I think you're barking up the wrong tree in Eden. He was obviously minimally concerned with the votes on him so early especially the arguably sarcastic vote from Sabi. His comment about not reading the setup was entirely forgettable, notwithstanding the fact that I had forgotten about it until you asked what people thought about his lies and I searched for what you were looking for. And I'm a little put off by the fact that you are fixated on this minutia while ignoring the rest of Eden's actions. Because the way that he has been questioning people to learn more and explaining his views in a way that I can easily see where he is coming from are incredibly towny.

damo666

#1460 Post by damo666 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:44 am

Byz wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:58 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:55 pm
So scum isn't usually going to non post. But low post. Yeah. And it is not simply a relative thing. So i am switching to pyxie. Low poster, slight excuses... and then joke hints about claiming to read and then not posting.

So 'till pixie puts more than dust on their promise.
##vote pyx
IME sbpc tends to be only sightly better than rand, and even then depends on meta. I'm only down for it if we have absolutely nothing better.

Do we have nothing better?
Translation please