MINI MAFIA 1022 - Big Trouble in Little Genua - Game Thread [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Jamiet99uk

Re: MINI MAFIA 1022 - Big Trouble in Little Genua - Game Thread [Hidden]

#441 Post by Jamiet99uk » Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:30 pm

I would just like to remind the players that the game is still in progress.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#442 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:43 am

We know :(

DeathLlama8

#443 Post by DeathLlama8 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:58 am

sorry, been pretty swamped at work

will try to reread tmrw

Jamiet99uk

#444 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:21 am

VOTE COUNT 4.1

No‑Kill (3) - Maniac, Chaqa, DeathLlama8

Non-votes: Kakarroto

Currently PACIFISM is set to win the day.

11.6 hours remaining.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.

Kakarroto

#445 Post by Kakarroto » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:25 pm

I'm not sure if that's the correct way to progress things but worcej (he subbed in as town for Jamie two games before I think?) said it's better to increase the numberical chance to hit mafia in a comparable situation to this here, so I shall comply.

##vote nokill

Additionally, I want to remind that the next gamechanging action is in the hand of mafia, I'm pretty sure that we don't want to give more information and wait for EoN to share our thoughts. Or is there a good argument for not doing that?

I want to also remind people that there are unanswered questions, it would be great if those could be answered at the right time.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#446 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:18 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:25 pm
I'm not sure if that's the correct way to progress things but worcej (he subbed in as town for Jamie two games before I think?) said it's better to increase the numberical chance to hit mafia in a comparable situation to this here, so I shall comply.

##vote nokill

Additionally, I want to remind that the next gamechanging action is in the hand of mafia, I'm pretty sure that we don't want to give more information and wait for EoN to share our thoughts. Or is there a good argument for not doing that?

I want to also remind people that there are unanswered questions, it would be great if those could be answered at the right time.
Rather than being cryptic and likely using it as a bad reasoning to sus/tunnel on someone later, could you actually engage with us and say what questions you're looking answered?

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#447 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:21 pm

TBH this whole "only posting once per phase" bullshit has me ready to vote for you on principle.

Jamiet99uk

#448 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:19 pm

VOTE COUNT 4.2

No‑Kill (4) - Maniac, Chaqa, DeathLlama8, Kakarroto.

Everyone is voting to NO KILL

4hrs and 41minutes remain.

DeathLlama8

#449 Post by DeathLlama8 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:43 pm

we probably should've hammered today

DeathLlama8

#450 Post by DeathLlama8 » Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:44 pm

kak, can you discuss what led you to post in the way you have this game (e.g. a good amount of content but condensed into one post per phase for most phases)? Is this forced by RL availability or more of an intentional choice

Jamiet99uk

#451 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:15 pm

45 mins are left.

Jamiet99uk

#452 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:00 pm

= PHASE HAS ENDED - PLEASE HOLD =

Jamiet99uk

#453 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:21 pm

Vimes made his way along Easy Street. It was raining. He was glad of the rain this evening. It kept the more opportunistic criminals indoors.

The street was very quiet, indeed.

An elderly Agatean woman peered at him from a window for a moment, and slammed the shutters.

Very quiet.

Somehow he felt the peace would not last.

"Who would kill a copper like Fred Colon? What do the Coffee Nostra really want here?"

He hoped he would find the answers soon.

It was getting dark.

NOBODY WAS DAYKILLED
NIGHT HAS STARTED
YOU CAN POST

Jamiet99uk

#454 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:22 pm

GM NOTE

Sorry for the delay in opening the Night Phase. I was out of the house and my mobile phone network has been having some outages today.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#455 Post by Chaqa » Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:30 pm

And now we wait to throw Kak out of the airlock :)

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#456 Post by Maniac » Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:51 pm

There is probably a lot to be said for leaving things unsaid at the moment. I’m pretty sure who is scum but if I say who that is they could factor that into their kill decision.

This is the night we need everyone’s EON thoughts though.

Also doc choose wisely and you could win is the game.

Jamiet99uk

#457 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:22 pm

Just over half an hour remains in this exciting phase.

Kakarroto

#458 Post by Kakarroto » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:59 pm

After a long thought I'm going to protect maniac tonight.

After the flip of rd and worcej I was of the mind that the likeliness of being mafia was DL > maniac > Chaqland.

the strangeness I've seen from the other players, which I find strange (for a lack of a better word) or make me lean them more to mafia

maniac: signed up out of order (though seems like Jamie didn't acknowledge that); was more active D1 and had a strange (see question handsomeness) reaction, has a 'call out' action with rd without really calling him out for it, rd reacts to it though, maniac likes rd's mistyping, pushes yoak at the EoD (also fears a tie), only talks about his handsomeness when being questioned why he didn't say anything about it yet, the constant 'rip xyz' were critisized by rd, rd inquiring DL about maniac, while voted by rd and chaqa he questions both to change their opinion, voices concern being used as 'useful idiot' by mafia because he, worcej and DL are always on the dayvote that turns out town, argues that maf-rd wouldn't vote for maf-maniac on D3 (says there is zero motivation but I disagree there: it might be risky, but afterward it looks good if the team is rd-maniac, so there is a motivation there, it's just that it's risky),

DL: first post had 'what is' bolded, highly interested in the function of the crossbow-owner, questions why people are on a 'lurker-wagon'(proclaimed by DL) while being on one himself, puts rd on the least likely side of his mafia side read,

Brad: first post voted rd with the 'LAMIST', voting and staying on rd D1, guesses worcej and rd might be mafia,

Chaqa: voting maniac with rd, susses me then immediatly says mafia was on major wagons, disregards DL voting with the pack (but susses maniac and worcej for it), thinks rd wouldn't vote with his teammate so townreads rd for voting with me, says he will name an NPC in his d&d game after worcej (for the flip)?, instantly kills any natural dayprogression with his no kill suggestion, tries to goat me to give out information and slanders my intention to not help mafia while smearing me, Chaqa mixing the game up with among us might explain his bad takes,

what else: in a direct comparison, rd thinks Brad and maniac might be mafia, but not DL

@maniac look at post #105 from rd, where he ties me with yoak (was just voted by DL) and damo and compare it to the post you made where rd voted you to make it so that worcej had the opportunity to change his vote to change the 3-2 from damo to you; do you think that would make sense if rd and I were mafia together this game?

@maniac (copy of my question in post #380), as you can reread in one of my previous posts, I was also 'nudged' by the GM. Since that happened, would that from your perspective increase my townyness by quite a bit?

@chaqa explain your stance on why worcej and maniac were sus but not DL; explain why you sussed me for voting major wagons when I was clearly not doing that. It seems to me you either have a gut feeling about something and can't put it into better words or you're trying to be aggressive with a bad take. Still needs to be explained why.

@DL why are you still alive? This is the most important answer that we need to solve.

all in all, I think the possibility that anyone could be mafia is still there. However, I've changed my mind from before. I still think that DL has the highest probability of being mafia. However, with his behaviour I now think Chaqa is more likely mafia than maniac. There is still more that points that Chaqa might be town than DL though, though his behaviour didn't help him the last days. Even though maniac has the most 'strange' things in my list above, I think he is the most likely of the bunch to be town.

if DL gets nk'ed, I'm pretty sure it's Chaqa. if Chaqa gets nk'ed, I'm pretty sure it's DL trying to make me look like being the last mafia. if maniac get's nk'ed, you know why I posted the first sentence in this post, hopefully. well, we will see if anyone of you even read to this part or just fly over or search it for any pointers. anyway, in case I'm getting nk'ed, avenge me. Also don't ignore my questions and answer them. And don't forget to ask Jamie about the question for the target of the save.

##askGM there is still the open question about if a targeted or saved person of the doctor is informed ... or at least I'm not understanding it correctly. The way you phrased it was 'yes to the second'(meaning target gets informed) but then only say that the roleblocked person gets informed. You explicitly included all three options for the first (doc, rb, framer) doesn't get informed. Does that mean the target of a (successful) doc save gets informed or not?

I just wanted to be fully clear if the doc save target will get informed and that information if the doc target gets informed might be vital.

kak, can you discuss what led you to post in the way you have this game (e.g. a good amount of content but condensed into one post per phase for most phases)? Is this forced by RL availability or more of an intentional choice
I will not discuss it since honestly, I don't think the details are anything of your(plural) business. However, I will say that it is not that I've chosen that kind of activity. I just can't do more. There were multiple times where the GM tried to contact me (a.k.a. 'nudged') which messages I read only after a day or so. If it wasn't for a low participation I wouldn't have signed up in the first place. I told you all, even gave you the option to vote for replacing me, but I guess most haven't even read that. I try my best to fulfil the needed rules but it seems it's not appreciated and what I have to say gets ignored mostly anyway. Ah well, I guess the game ends with the next day anyway and maybe I'm even the nk so I will try to fulfil the commitment I've made to the end.

Chaqa
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#459 Post by Chaqa » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:59 pm

Not much to say so I’ll ramble for awhile. Day 2 kinda was weird yadda yadda… okay the mafia stopped reading. I’m the Doctor. I saved myself on last night so tonight I’m saving DeathLlama

Why him?

So there’s four options on who gets shot, yeah?

Kak is so low activity that him getting shot would honestly increase the odds of us voting correctly, so I’m not protecting him.

I can’t protect myself.

So maniac or DL.

I’m trying to use some big brain logic here but I haven’t read enough of the game and Kak is a non-entity…

I think Kak would shoot me, Maniac would shoot DL, and DL would also shoot me.

So I’m protecting DL just based off that and why not 🤷🏻‍♂️

Oh Bradland protected Sabi night 1 and didn’t use his power night 2

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#460 Post by Maniac » Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:59 pm

If I die. Kill Deathllama