MINI MAFIA 1022 - Big Trouble in Little Genua - Game Thread [Hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: MINI MAFIA 1022 - Big Trouble in Little Genua - Game Thread [Hidden]

#261 Post by dargorygel » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:46 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:29 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:49 pm
dargorygel wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:48 pm
I get the sabi wagon... and further silence from their corner does not help.

Looking elsewhere, though, too.

I just reread rdr... and I find him disengaged.

He 'defends' his opening post somewhat, but nothing more than a light defense. Sabi thought him overdefensive, I actually find him underdefensive.

He responds to llama's comment about crossbow with a 'shhhh... don't talk about it now' which seems artificial. Nothing llama asked or hinted at would be news to scum. It tastes like TRYING to be protective of town.

He mutters about ghug's almost-buddying him, which is ok, I guess.

But this is the thing that stands out to me, regarding tie votes.
First, rdrivera writes:
Day-1 06:20 page 6 / orig "I have to vote and don't have any good reason.

I will ##vote Kak just to keep the vote tied and see if he shows up."

Using a tie vote as a motivator/impetus on kak. Note it is, of course, a long way from EoD.

But a little later (still hours away from EoD) he criticizes my using a tie vote in a similar way: ↑dargorygel: "Ok... this ties it three ways with plenty of time.
##VOTE RDR"

RDRIVERA: It doesn't ties because Brad vote isn't counted by bot. I can vote Yoak or Sabi to tie it but a tie isn't a great outcome to D1.

My point is this: It demonstrates two possible things. First, it shows a standoff analysis. Surfing, without rdr's usual thoughtfulness. But second, it might be protecting kak.

tldr: scumteam rdr and kak.

It's not a great analysis, I realize. But we have such little data.
##VOTE rdr

(I could vote today for sabi until they start playing (I hope they're ok!!!) or kak, similarly, although I dislike what little kak has had to say more than I dislike what sabi has said.)
I think you already answered yourself. But to be clear (probably someone will say I am over/under/Uber defending me) my first vote was to keep Kak under pressure to see if he shows up and play.
And I don't have problems with ties close to EOD. Ties usually force people to assume a position and less easy to scum lay low.
What I pointed to you is exactly you were not tying it because you ignored Brad vote that wasn't counted by the bot but was accepted by GM and Ray it could generate confusion at EOD.
And if I want to defend Kak why I would make his wagon viable voting him first place? I decided to move out of him after Worcej (who I townread) said it was a bad wagon and then I read that Kak's message that I skipped at game start and thought he was baiting a NK.
I want to start echoing my inner ghug dialogue about I should do the opposite of what I actually think, but then am I actually thinking it or doing the opposite?

##vote Sabi

Frankly, over-the-top commentating about forgetting or will be catching up - you've posted 7 times and 3 of them were about needing to catch up. You're playing mafia on other platforms enough that it shouldn't be hard to remember you're in this game too. This is coming off as an act now.
worcej... what is your inner ghug? and wanna stay on rdr with me?

worcej

#262 Post by worcej » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:49 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:44 pm
So folk... before we get TOO far down this tunnel, does anyone have concerns over anyone other than sabi and kak and brad (all of which COULD fix our opinion...) or rdr?

It would be good to have our thoughts on the table, lest we forget.

obviously.

Again, today I am happy with a kak, or sabi, or rdr wagon.
Damo is doing just enough to not be on my radar. I cannot read maniac worth a crud. I am null on Llama

worcej

#263 Post by worcej » Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:50 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:46 pm
worcej wrote:
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:49 pm

I think you already answered yourself. But to be clear (probably someone will say I am over/under/Uber defending me) my first vote was to keep Kak under pressure to see if he shows up and play.
And I don't have problems with ties close to EOD. Ties usually force people to assume a position and less easy to scum lay low.
What I pointed to you is exactly you were not tying it because you ignored Brad vote that wasn't counted by the bot but was accepted by GM and Ray it could generate confusion at EOD.
And if I want to defend Kak why I would make his wagon viable voting him first place? I decided to move out of him after Worcej (who I townread) said it was a bad wagon and then I read that Kak's message that I skipped at game start and thought he was baiting a NK.
I want to start echoing my inner ghug dialogue about I should do the opposite of what I actually think, but then am I actually thinking it or doing the opposite?

##vote Sabi

Frankly, over-the-top commentating about forgetting or will be catching up - you've posted 7 times and 3 of them were about needing to catch up. You're playing mafia on other platforms enough that it shouldn't be hard to remember you're in this game too. This is coming off as an act now.
My inner ghug says to not do what I think I should do, but I am thinking while I am talking to my inner ghug so I'm just YOLO'ing it (/s)

To expand: I was more just joking I keep going back and forth on rdr.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#264 Post by dargorygel » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:34 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:50 pm
dargorygel wrote:
worcej wrote:

##vote Sabi

My inner ghug says to not do what I think I should do, but I am thinking while I am talking to my inner ghug so I'm just YOLO'ing it (/s)

That is what I thought you meant. I am unsure on rdr. Every time he writes, he seems more surfing to me. Kak's and sabi's and Brad's 'silence' is more damning each day.
But I ALSO realize it just might be real life, and scum is happy to let us kill lowposters. MOST of us are staring at kak for this, so it is easy for scum to go along.

I am usually a lower poster, I admit. I now am experiencing what others have yelled at me for.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#265 Post by dargorygel » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:37 pm

worcej wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:49 pm
dargorygel wrote:
So folk... before we get TOO far down this tunnel, does anyone have concerns over anyone other than sabi and kak and brad (all of which COULD fix our opinion...) or rdr?

obviously.

Damo is doing just enough to not be on my radar. I cannot read maniac worth a crud. I am null on Llama
llama seems good to me. But I have not played a lot with him. When he was scum (near thanksgiving?) he was more argumentative and flipflop. Or so I remember.

I can usually read damo. Or we just kill each other. But I lean town on him. He is interacting well, with the material we have. He is just stubborn enough to be town!damo.

And maniac has given just enough serious stuff to give me confidence in his towniness. He has NOT pushed his handsomeness, which is a concern, though.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#266 Post by Maniac » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:46 pm

Just checked myself in the mirror. God I’m handsome.

worcej

#267 Post by worcej » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:13 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:34 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:50 pm
dargorygel wrote:

That is what I thought you meant. I am unsure on rdr. Every time he writes, he seems more surfing to me. Kak's and sabi's and Brad's 'silence' is more damning each day.
But I ALSO realize it just might be real life, and scum is happy to let us kill lowposters. MOST of us are staring at kak for this, so it is easy for scum to go along.

I am usually a lower poster, I admit. I now am experiencing what others have yelled at me for.
Kak and brad's silence is less damning to me because they are not saying they plan to catch up like Sabi is.

As I've said, low post is irrelevant if you can convey your thought process and rational.
Maniac wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:46 pm
Are you too sexy for your shirt?

worcej

#268 Post by worcej » Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:20 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:37 pm
worcej wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 5:49 pm
dargorygel wrote:

obviously.

llama seems good to me. But I have not played a lot with him. When he was scum (near thanksgiving?) he was more argumentative and flipflop. Or so I remember.

I can usually read damo. Or we just kill each other. But I lean town on him. He is interacting well, with the material we have. He is just stubborn enough to be town!damo.

And maniac has given just enough serious stuff to give me confidence in his towniness. He has NOT pushed his handsomeness, which is a concern, though.
My null on llama is based on the content presented is easy to fake to me but at least the why component is included and it makes sense, so thus null.

As stated, I suck at reading maniac.

And damo's thought process is at least visible and follows typical town structuring based on prior games with him, so he's above a few players in my eyes.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#269 Post by dargorygel » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:08 am

My three scumreads have not voted.

Not as odd as i first blinked. Two are in fact being scumread because of lurking.

DeathLlama8

#270 Post by DeathLlama8 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:36 am

- I'm not really sure I get the connection between rdr and kak? Darg's longer post shows that he voted kak first, then disputed a vote on himself, so I don't see how that's construed as protecting kak. I agree that rdr hasn't shown as much conviction as I'd expect though (assuming that's what surfing means).

- Voting sabi right now because I think the way they've been lurking is more alignment-indicative, but I disagree that kak's style of lurking is inherently better - they're clearly preparing posts for the starts/ends of phases, which indicates an unwillingness to actively engage with the thread at all despite rereading. I'm only nulling it because it's kak and he's done this in the past

- darg trying to start more discussion on people who aren't lurking is good. extra townpoints ig. I haven't been impressed with damo or rdr so far but don't really have anything concrete on them yet

- psa: sabi uses they/them pronouns

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#271 Post by dargorygel » Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:41 am

My thoughts about rdr and kak is that rdr voted ksk early, maybe a bus... but got off when it picked upna little steam. Hard to say though with such little action.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#272 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:43 am

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:41 am
My thoughts about rdr and kak is that rdr voted ksk early, maybe a bus... but got off when it picked upna little steam. Hard to say though with such little action.
I will ##vote Kak and probably Dargo will say it's a buss.

By the way, there is very little reason to bus in this setup.

Also, I found weird Brad voting Kak and telling that me and Worcej could be scum. Still waiting for him to explain.

damo666

#273 Post by damo666 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:30 am

Maniac wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:46 pm
Town!

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#274 Post by Maniac » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:32 am

I can’t recall a two wagon race so early in the day before. I like it. Both kill candidates need to come out and play. If either/both are town we need you to convince us why you’re town.

damo666

#275 Post by damo666 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:37 am

Still happy with my vote on Sabi.

Not going to vote the following today: darg, llama, worcej, rdr, Maniac

Brad please expand on your thoughts.

Sabi/Kak/Brad if you are paranoid you oight to claim at this stage (especially Sabi obviously).

However if any of these do claim and it is false I trust the true paranoiac counters.

damo666

#276 Post by damo666 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:39 am

Maniac wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:32 am
I can’t recall a two wagon race so early in the day before. I like it. Both kill candidates need to come out and play. If either/both are town we need you to convince us why you’re town.
Now this post worries me.

Smacks of "Sabi my dear scummate for gawd sake defend yourself"

damo666

#277 Post by damo666 » Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:47 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:43 am
dargorygel wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:41 am
I will ##vote Kak and probably Dargo will say it's a buss.

By the way, there is very little reason to bus in this setup.

Also, I found weird Brad voting Kak and telling that me and Worcej could be scum. Still waiting for him to explain.
I agree a bus is unlikely if a player is anywhere near danger but a bus on a one or two vote wagon is possible.

Maniac
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#278 Post by Maniac » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:35 am

damo666 wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:39 am
Maniac wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:32 am
Now this post worries me.

Smacks of "Sabi my dear scummate for gawd sake defend yourself"
Because Scum Maniac wouldn't have thought to mention that to scum Sabi in scum chat?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#279 Post by dargorygel » Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:49 am

Aye, you would have done that, were you both scum. But it might could be that you did that in the scum chat and sabi had not started to post more, so you yelled at them in here.

Does not sound like you, though, maniac.

Jamiet99uk

#280 Post by Jamiet99uk » Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:51 pm

VOTE COUNT 2.3

BesharamSabi (4) - DeathLlama8, Maniac, damo666, Worcej
Kakarroto (3) - Dargorygel, Bradland, Rdrivera2005

SABI is set to be eviscerated.

Sabi and Kak must vote.
Kak must post.

Nine hours and a few minutes are left in D2.
There are decades where nothing happens, and there are weeks where decades happen. - Lenin.