M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
President Eden

M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#1 Post by President Eden » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:53 am

In forgotten days, the Liliari lived in peace. Natural barriers—a great forest and several mighty rivers—deterred the cowardly. Lilia, their patron goddess, deterred the rest. But the Liliari were no more resistant to decadence and complacency than any other, and in time they failed to honor the goddess who kept them safe. In time, the goddess’s presence faded. And in time, the rapacious Avarites came upon the lands of the Liliari and seized them. The temple to Lilia, already fallen into disrepair, was dismantled stone by stone, replaced with a monument to Ava, the patron goddess of the conquerors.

The empire of the Avarites gradually crumbled; for all their brutality benefited them in conquest, it made their conquests ungovernable, and the Avarites quickly found themselves overwhelmed by a wave of rebellions across the continent. The distant alcove of the Liliari was simply forgotten, abandoned as the Avarites retreated into their own heartlands, protecting what they had against new threats arriving from the sky. Frightful whispers haunt the ears of the newly-free Liliari, whispers of ancient monsters screaming across the sky, giving birth to humanlike yet utterly alien creatures—some of whom can assume a human appearance.

As the Liliari tear down the monument to the false goddess Ava, they discover a long-forgotten chamber, buried under rubble and spared the touch of the corrupting Avarites. Stone etchings foretell of a prophet of Lilia to return in their darkest hour. As the old order collapses and a new terror emerges, will the goddess finally return to save her long-suffering people?

M1021 GAME INFORMATION

GM: Eden
Cohost: ghug
Day Phase Deadline: 5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern
Day Phase Length: 48 hours
Night Phase Deadline: 5pm Pacific / 8pm Eastern
Night Phase Length: 24 hours
Anticipated Start Date: Tuesday, March 22, 2022

MAFIA OVERVIEW

Mafia is an educated guessing game of epic proportions. The objective of this game for the town majority is to kill all mafia members before they outnumber the rest of the town. The objective of the mafia minority is to survive until they outnumber the town. The game is typically very active, so the thread will grow quickly. However, it is essential to read the thread to play the game.

GENERAL RULES

This game follows standard WebDip Mafia Rules, located here.

MISCELLANEOUS NOTES

Players may be warned, forcibly replaced, or modkilled for violation of game rules. The GM team will attempt to minimize disruption to the game, but will use whatever means are needed to preserve the integrity of the game.

Players who have site-wide muted other players are asked to unmute them to play this game. Players who have been silenced on webDiplomacy due to site infractions will be forcibly replaced from the game.

Players who wish to quit playing may be replaced at GM discretion. Replacement is not guaranteed. Substitutes cannot participate in spectator chats until they sub into the game and are subsequently removed from it (e.g., by dying).

VOTING

To vote for a player, type ##VOTE <player> (e.g. ##VOTE Eden). You may unvote by typing ##UNVOTE. You may switch from voting one player to another without unvoting first (e.g., if you ##VOTE Eden then type ##VOTE Bona, you will vote for Bona). You may choose to no-kill by typing ##UNVOTE. You don’t need to type out the player’s full name, but failing to do so may lead to ambiguity that causes errors in vote tallying, particularly with the bot. In the event of a tie vote at the end of the day, no player will be killed.

You may vote to end the day early by typing ##END. If a majority of players are voting ##END and casting the same vote (whether for a player or to no-kill), the phase will end early. If the day ends more than 8 hours into the start of the day phase, the remaining time will be added to the next night phase; if the day ends less than 8 hours into the start of the day phase, the next night phase will end 24 hours early.

SETUP DETAILS IN NEXT POST; PLEASE HOLD!

President Eden

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#2 Post by President Eden » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:40 am

SETUP INFORMATION

M1021 is an open setup. There are 11 members of the Liliari [town] and 3 members of the Invaders [mafia].

Note that all players will flip as both their role -AND- alignment.

LILIARI [TOWN]:
10 Faithful of Liliari [Vanilla Town]
1 Prophet of Liliari [Itemsmith] with the following Blessings [items] to distribute (see Role PMs for details):
“Crystal Ball” (1-shot copscan)
“Healing Ward” (1-shot docsave)
“Ritual Dagger” (1-shot nightkill)
“Successor Totem” (1-shot backup)

INVADERS [MAFIA]:
3 Infiltrators [Goons] with a collective vote on the Captain [Godfather] (see Role PMs for details)

Role PMs

FAITHFUL OF LILIARI - Recently freed from Avarite captivity and seized by a renewed zeal for Lilia, you’re eager to do your part to save your people!
You have no night actions.
You win with the Liliari [Town] by eliminating all Invader [Mafia] players before the Invaders attain a majority.

PROPHET OF LILIARI - The goddess has placed the salvation of your people in your hands. Do your part, and the goddess will lead you to victory!
Each night, you may distribute one of the following items to any living player. You may only distribute a given item once. You cannot distribute items to yourself. If you distribute an item to a player who dies that night, that distribution will not be refunded.
You win with the Liliari [Town] by eliminating all Invader [Mafia] players before the Invaders attain a majority.

BLESSINGS [ITEMS]:

- Crystal Ball: A brilliant pearl, emblazoned with Lilia’s eye.
You may use this item once at night. When you do, submit a player’s name. At the end of the night, you will learn whether the player wins with the Town or with the Mafia. This item is consumed upon use.

- Healing Ward: A sturdy iron medallion, emblazoned with Lilia’s heart.
You may use this item once at night. When you do, submit a player’s name. That player will be protected from dying that night. This item is consumed upon use.

- Ritual Dagger: A gleaming steel dagger, emblazoned with Lilia’s fist.
You may use this item once at night. When you do, submit a player’s name. That player will die at the end of the night. This item is consumed upon use.

- Successor Totem: A golden miniature of the goddess Lilia, radiating with heavenly might.
Hold this item until the Prophet dies. When the Prophet dies, this item will be consumed, and you will “become” the Prophet. You will gain the ability to distribute any Blessings that the original Prophet did not attempt to distribute before dying. (You still cannot distribute items to yourself, and any distributions to players who die that night will not be refunded.) You will flip as the Prophet.

INFILTRATOR - You are the elite shapeshifting vanguard of the Grand Hierarchs. Fulfill their will, and a new world may be yours.
You, along with your teammates [NAME] and [NAME], may collectively decide to kill another player at night. This kill is factional and not tied to any player.
You also have a factional roleblock; you may collectively decide to prevent another player from giving out or using items. Item giving/using is refunded if the target is roleblocked.
You may communicate through your private chat on Discord at any time (including day phases).
During day 1 only, you and your teammates will vote amongst yourselves to assign the “Captain” [Godfather] title to one member of your team. The Infiltrator who is assigned the “Captain” title will flip as the Captain, and will appear to win with the Liliari [Town] instead of the Invaders [Mafia] if targeted with the Crystal Ball.
You win with the Invaders [Mafia] by eliminating enough of the Liliari [Town] to reach a majority of living players.

Order of Operations
eschewing flavor names for clarity, you’re welcome~
*note that if the Itemsmith dies at any point in this order of operations and the Successor Totem has been distributed, the Successor Totem will be consumed (and its holder will become the Itemsmith) before resuming resolution of night actions.

Itemsmith Distribution
Item Consumption - Healing Ward
Mafia Nightkill
Item Consumption - Ritual Dagger
Item Consumption - Crystal Ball

PLAYER LIST IN NEXT POST; PLEASE HOLD!

President Eden

#3 Post by President Eden » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:43 am

PLAYER LIST

GMs
-1. ghug
0. Eden

Players
1. Durga
2. Bonatogether
3. celaph
4. snowy801
5. Kakarroto
6. DeathLlama8
7. Maniac
8. Jamiet99uk
9. BesharamSabi
10. rdrivera2005
11. Aarodactyl
12. TheFlyingBoat
13. pyxxy
14. damo666

Replacements
1. worcej
2. Chaqa
3. Macca573

Role PMs will be distributed shortly before the start of Day 1 on Tuesday, March 22 at 8pm Eastern. Please continue holding until the game starts!

If you see an error or have a question about the setup, reach out to ghug or me through DM or over Discord. Any clarifications needed in public will be made in the game thread. Thanks!

President Eden

#4 Post by President Eden » Tue Mar 22, 2022 11:46 pm

Role PMs have gone out. If you didn’t get one, let me know! (but you probably did…)

We start in fifteen minutes. Good luck everybody!

President Eden

#5 Post by President Eden » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:00 am

TRANSMISSION TO THE HIERARCHS

Invasion of planet IL’THATUL in progress. The dominant species of this planet is a hominid race of hopelessly inferior technology and military strategy. Our own race surpassed these primitives millennia ago. A loose empire of warlike marauders had secured hegemony over the larger continent on the planet, but it took only minimal disruption from our forces before the empire crumbled under rebellions. Our forces are sweeping them away in earnest. Their former subjects worship us as gods… or perhaps fear us as mythological monsters. No matter.

We’ve discovered a small, well-hidden settlement of the hominids in a thick forest near the continent’s edge. Sensors indicate that a large vein of promethium lies not far below the surface occupied by the settlement. The hominids would be easily scattered and destroyed, but our weapons may inadvertently damage the promethium vein below. I have dispatched an elite team of our Infiltrator units to study the hominids, neutralize their leaders, and pave the way for a more conventional landing force later.

I will report back periodically as the situation develops. The on-board ship computer G-H.U.G. is marvelous. But… why, great Hierarchs, why does it keep bringing up “Thucydides”?

Admiral Eden

Day 1 has begun. You have 48 hours to select a daykill. You may now post!

Bonatogether

#6 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:00 am

##vote pyxxy

Kakarroto

#7 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:00 am

Akaru Loto K. exited the room of his new accomodation. Finally all his stuff was placed and he could freely enjoy the time before the new semester started. He was sad to leave behind some of his old contacts but this was the city and it was time to make new friends. After all, it was the first time his parents weren't close and would watch over him all the time. Or his silblings constantly asking what he was doing on his part of the room. He grinned all over his face. A room for him alone, he could jump out of pure joy.

But yeah, the city was great! Colourful lights everywhere, even at this night, people enjoying the warm breeze outside, drinking together in front of bars, music filling the air making a group nearby dance on the side walk. "This is so great" he thought while travelling through the streets, breathing in the nightly atmosphere.

After a while, he heard something out from a hidden alley. Looking around it seems no one else did notice it. Well, he was from the country side, well educated by his mother, so of course he had a look into it. The lights from the main streets didn't go as far into it and the street light in here seemed broken. The faint sound was a bit clearer to hear so he came closer. Nyaa he could now hear from a pile not far from him.

"A kitty in a box" he thought looking at the furball. "How cute. Looks like you need a new home" he whispered while slowly squatted down, softly petting the small cat. A weak nyaa was the response, making him smile.

Suddenly the alley was filled with light. He turned around looked into the headlights of a gigantic vehicle, coming closer to him. He knew this kind of vehicle. A MAN TGX 18,680 XXL V8 turbocharger, often seen outside of his old home transporting some stuff. Around 7 tons curb weight, but is able to load around double its weight. "Well not officially but it's able to ..." he thought.

"Why is it here though? This alley is much too narrow for it and with that speed it can never stop in time before hitting the end of the alley." Suddenly, before his brain could reach the ultimate conclusion of the train of thought inside, something ancient inside took control over his muscles. While the brain was still figuring out with which impact force the wall at the end has to deal with and if it was even able to withstand it, the blood for this calculation was denied and instead used for more important tasks like grabbing the cat with his arms and put every source of power into the legs, propelling the body behind into a pile of trash, bruising the body, but putting it outside the way of harm. With harm being the truck in this case.

The brain needed a few seconds to catch up from the situation that just happened. It registered that the dust from the wall already began to settle and that there is no sign of the truck anymore. Well, no more from the wall too, but the brain had figured as much already. An agitated sound from his chest brought him back to reality. "Hey kitty" he said with a shaking voice, "that was a close call, hm?" He gently petted the cat which began to quietly pur. He continued "Now, I guess we are saf" That was the last thing he remembered until literally feeling the sky falling onto his head.

snowy801

#8 Post by snowy801 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:01 am

I'm not reading that

Kakarroto

#9 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:01 am

When he came to his senses again, he saw blue and white. Something bright. Lights. Coming closer. The sky. Falling down. He suddenly jumped up with a scream and breathed heavily with the realisation. "Hey now, be silent, please?" he heard someone from behind. "What, what is going on? Where am I? What is this? Who are you?" he asked, trying to figure out his situation. "Relax, you're in no danger here. Well for now at least." the figure said. It had short black hair, a goatee, purple skin and sunglasses. "I'm the president of Eden. The keeper of this world and all life on earth."

He looked perplexed. "Eden? Like in 'the paradise'?" he asked. "Yes." "Who voted you? "Do you see someone else here?" "So you won with one vote?" "For the last five thousand years, baby! "Then aren't you god?" A smile formed on his face. "Ah you earthlings are cute in your naive ways. I am what I said. I'm not responsible for any of the stories you made up to make yourself feel better. It's not my fault you don't know the Kouncil." "Kouncil?" he asked surprised. The figure cleared its throat. "Anyway, coming back to your questions before, you are here because you died." He gulped. "I ... I figured as much. But how? Why?" The figure pointed to a chair and table in front of it. "Sit down. Drink some tea. I'll explain the whole thing." He slowly sat down while the figure began to explain.

"You remember dodging the vehicle?" He nodded. "Well, you jumped directly under a safe that was due to being transported into a home but the worker wasn't fast enough so the process was halted for the weekend and the safe dangled on the sixth floor on a rope. Then the crash made it drop." The figure took a sip of its tea. A small breeze dragged a leaf onto the table in front of the two. "That ... that's a really stupid way to die." he finally muttered. "Did at least the cat make it out alive?"

"Every life on earth is connected and follows a great plan. The cat you grabbed out of that box? It was destinied to die there alone." He jumped up from the chair. "What? Why?" The figure seemed annoyed by the reaction. "Geez I said relax. You guys do know the soul credit system, right? Though you call it something like 'karma'." "Well, yeah." "The soul inside the cat has obtained an incredible high debt with their actions in a previous life. It still needs to pay back a lot. More than a hundred lifes are able to. Your actions will make it suffer even more." "What? Why?" "That's how the system works. Speaking of it, because of your actions, there will be a nuclear war in five years since no one will notice a malfunction in the early detection system."

He sat back down again. "I ... was destined to become an atomic scientist?" The figure sighted. "No, at that day that scientist will buy breakfast in a takeaway you would have been working at and your service would've put him into a good mood so he would have taken extra care on that day." The figure sighed again. "... well, that's sad to hear, but that can't be my fault. I just wanted to help the cat. Too bad that I landed in heaven doing so." The figure looked up. "Oh you aren't in heaven. You are in the paradise. Totally different." He looked around and noticed just then, there was no sign of any other human being, just nature, wildlife and beautiful scenery. "Wait, then what is happening to me now?" he asked cautiously. "Well ... you did cause a lot of work. We can't leave it like that so I'll have to work overtime for that."

"Also, obviously I can't send you back. Your body has already been buried and everyone you know was at the ceremony. It was really touching. Even the news wrote an article on page twenty three. "But what should I do now? Do I need to help you with anything to make things right again? Turn the events so the scientist notices? Travel in time to undo the crash?" The figure shook its head. "No no no, that would increase my workload tenfold with all the bureaucracy involved and stuff. I'll send you somewhere else that isn't involved in any special predestined stuff since you love to meddle with things." He looked surprised. "Somewhere else?" The figure took out a map and placed it on the table. It looked like a map of some stars. "Here" the figure pointed on the map "is earth, ok? And here" its finger moved along the map over different stars and nebula "you will be sent to." He looked at the descriptor of the star. "What is D?" "Deez Nuts!" the figure bursted out in laughter "Gottem!

After a while of laughing the figure calmed down again. "... so ... what is this ... D.? The figure surpressed another wave of laughter and continued to explain. "It's an evolving world without interference. It hasn't developed any significant data management and whatever you do there wont affect any more outcomes." His eyes brightened. "Oh, it's another world! Like in all those books! That sounds amazing!" The figure grinned. "Glad you like it. "What is my cheat? What can I choose from, how many abilities can I get, is there any magic? The figure looked perplexed at him. "Cheat?" Yeah, like in all those novels where you die and god gives you an ability to cope with the new situation because you died by mistake and stuff! The figure looked at him in disgust. "You guys have something like that?" He nodded. Kid, you'll get nothing the like from me. You're happy to get a second chance because I'm unwilling to deal with the paperwork to send you to hell and you want a cheat? I guess that's what the young folk call skill issue, huh?" He looked at the figure in disbelieve.

"What? he tried to calmly assess the situation "But how am I to survive there?" "Not my problem" the figure said and snapped with its fingers. Suddenly a hole beneath him opened and after a moment of comedical weightlessness reality caught up and he fell down into a black nothingness ...

Bonatogether

#10 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:02 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:00 am
outdoing eden already

based

Kakarroto

#11 Post by Kakarroto » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:02 am

He woke up hanging in a hedge between some trees. Dizzy and dazed he tried to remember what just happened, but all he found was a feeling of infinite distortion and displacement. Slowly he checked if every limb was on the correct place and after he was confident enough not to lose any, he slowly stood up. A clearing near the edge of the forest, some smoke above, probably from some fire. Maybe a village? He would need to check that out as soon as his feet wouldn't be pudding anymore.

"Hello there!" suddenly a voice rang in his head. He looked around but didn't see anyone. "Hello?" he asked cautiously, "Who is there?" "I'm Lilia, protector of this land as their patron goddess. You were send here because you couldn't stay in your old world, right?"[/i] He nodded, slowly. "It's ... a bit more complicated, but kinda, yes." She smiled. "Alright then, delivery confirmed. Now then, have a nice day!"

"Wait wait wait, please" he said desperately, "what should I do or where should I go? I don't know anything here. May I get any help to survive here?" The following silence disturbed him more than the harsh words before. "Wee~ell ..." she said after a while, "you could go to the village next to the forest. The people there had a hard time, but are friendly. I'm sure they won't do anything bad to you." Her voice was polite and friendly, even when her words weren't too helpful. "And what should I do to earn my stay? I'm not used to life in the country" he said in a last ditch effort to appeal to her. "I don't know. I'm sure in that other world there was something you've learned, right? Well it was nice knowing you but other matters need my presence. Have a nice life~!"

He sighed as he understood that would be all he get. At least some friendly words in his head from an invisible goddess were more than the other figure had given. "Have a good day." he said his goodbye and slowly turned into the direction from the smoke. Carefully he stepped out of the forest and began to march.

"I hope there won't be any bad surprises in that village ... I'm not ready to die today ... for a second time ... he whispered to nobody.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#12 Post by pyxxy » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:03 am

Bonatogether wrote:
##vote pyxxy
##vote pyxxy

Bonatogether

#13 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:03 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:01 am
the purple is hard to read but i like the story

snowy801

#14 Post by snowy801 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:04 am

No bozo sadge

BesharamSabi

#15 Post by BesharamSabi » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:04 am

Anyway I'm proud of ghug, the bestest gm, and Eden, who unfortunately exists.
BesharamSabi wrote:
Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:33 pm
Going to change up my meta and force myself to do a max of ten posts a phase like I talked about in m73 God thread so yes this is NAI before yall analyze this.

Anyway eden sucks, ghug is the best

I am sticking to this. Taking the criticism of last games "Sabi you're spamming too much/too much noise" to heart. I might make it 10 post per real life day if I find myself running out of posts.

Anyway ##VOTE Bona as per tradition.

Bonatogether

#16 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:05 am

pyxxy wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:03 am
Bonatogether wrote:
##vote pyxxy
##vote pyxxy
good work

i'm gonna make you my sidekick

we'll flame out together 8-)

aarodactyl

#17 Post by aarodactyl » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:06 am

##vote kak

That’s way too much to expect me to read.

Also this is super weird but right after my role PM, I got another PM from Eden saying I was role blocked. I asked him if he was sure and he said yes and also that chaqa did it. I don’t know what to make of it.

Bonatogether

#18 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:06 am

hi aaro

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#19 Post by pyxxy » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:06 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:05 am
pyxxy wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:03 am
Bonatogether wrote:
##vote pyxxy
##vote pyxxy
good work

i'm gonna make you my sidekick

we'll flame out together 8-)
I had this locked and loaded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0WOIwlXE9g

kaboom, brother :points:

Bonatogether

#20 Post by Bonatogether » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:06 am

aarodactyl wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:06 am
##vote kak

That’s way too much to expect me to read.

Also this is super weird but right after my role PM, I got another PM from Eden saying I was role blocked. I asked him if he was sure and he said yes and also that chaqa did it. I don’t know what to make of it.
you're a terrible person
why did i invite you here

##vote aaro