M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Kakarroto

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#321 Post by Kakarroto » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:28 am

When he opened his eyes again it was suddenly dark. He rubbed his eyes and shivered a bit in the cold of the night. "Guess I fell asleep ..." he murmured. He looked at the old man who seemed to do doing some stuff with wood in his house. "That's not very productive" he uttered, then decided to go wash his face in a nearby river. ##unvote

On his way, he noticed a second moon shining in the sky. For a minute he gazed up there, seeing the mixing of the blue and the green of the different satellites. Suddenly he heard a noise coming from somewhere outside the village. He started to hurry there without making too much of a sound. Weirdly he could see better than last night, probably because of the moons.

Then he saw it: another villager standing in a clearing, next to a stream, both lights of the moon mixing together in, kind of in a magical way. They had a strange object in their hand, a staff or stick of some sort, he couldn't clearly see it, with which that person scratched and tapped different materials. At the same time an underlying tone filled the area, probably from the piece the person had on their mouth?

Whatever it was, it sounded unearthly, spherical, trance inducing. He just stood there, listening, watching the lights mixing. The air was vibrating. For a moment he thought to see a smiling face in the light, a smile of beauty and kindness. He rubbed his eyes again in disbelieve.

Then the music soothed, welled up, as if preparing for the next step. The villager took something from the ground, steadily, like in slow motion, put that thing up. At first he couldn't see it well, but then, when it was around their chest, he noticed it was a fish. Slowly, higher and higher, together with the music, the fish went up. Just when the villager held the fish upmost with both arms straight above their head, the music compressed and they dropped the fish to the ground.

It was as if the area held their breathe for a brief moment, then the villager went apeshit. The music exploded, took control over every living being around, he couldn't do anything but just follow the rhythm, shaking and dancing along, captured by the performance.

He didn't know how long it was, but the moons had travelled on the firmament. He took a bit to take a breath and a sip of water from the nearby stream. The villager was still around playing, though it sounded like the song was nearing the end.

He decided to go away again. It was a wonderful experience, but there was something to be done and he can't let music get him distracted again.

He entered the village again where there seemed to have been an argument going on. "No he has done nothing and for Lilia's sake why wouldn't you just get rid of him, he clearly is a detriment to us, just came here and leeches off of our food!" The same voice as before, he noticed. "You are wrong, I've given the bread to him on my own accord and he tries to do find them, you are just too blind to see it, can't probably hear him over your yelling to end him!" the young man retorted. Both seemed to have a heated argument involving him. He looked around, there seemed to be a few villagers around watching the spectacle.

He looked on a board, seemingly with some names on it. He tried to sort them to the villagers, then went and sat down next to one. "Say, you seemed to be really sure that this one" he pointed to the villager who wanted him gone "is bad, but after you pointed that out you just seemed to sit here and watch the whole thing ... say, can you tell me, what your thoughts about the current situation is, exactly?" he said with a smile. ##vote damo666

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#322 Post by pyxxy » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:30 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:26 am
pyxxy, are we scum together?
|
|
|
v
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:05 am
pyxxy wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:03 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:00 am
##vote pyxxy
##vote pyxxy
good work

i'm gonna make you my sidekick

we'll flame out together 8-)
----------
Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:43 am
I like the content Sabi but I don't think you have to limit your posts.
+1 to this but also sometimes constraints spark inspiration

not to mention that it's generally better to leave them wanting more than to be a bore

everything in self-moderation

-

If I actually want to contribute something, it would be this:
damo666 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:59 am
Funny: Maniac Demon Eden

Unfunny: brain

Missing: Jamie

Too soon for a pecking order so I'll just ##vote karrotcake

Do chickens eat carrots?
damo's first post from the previous game (M73)

vs.

damo's first post in this game
damo666 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:07 am
I can understand not reading Kak's lengthy early posts (I haven't, I assume they are pre prepared and NAI) but I do not understand why people would not read the set up. You cannot play the game optimally if you are unfamiliar with the set up and claiming not to have done so is lazy at best and a scumplay hinting at VT at worst.

##vote durga
---

ah dang Kakarroto....now I'm just another wall poster :/

snowy801

#323 Post by snowy801 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:32 am

Still not reading any of that kak

snowy801

#324 Post by snowy801 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:42 am

@pyxxy and from damo's posts you infer what?

celaph

#325 Post by celaph » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:45 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:06 am
celaph wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:43 am
Regarding TFB's "townslip" I think it's very likely NAI. I can't imagine that scum TFB would think that he would get any town credit for something so trivial and easily faked so I think it's more likely he was playing for +1s regardless of alignment.
[...]

That being said, I think Celaph's posts seem reasonably good vs what I saw last game as his partner so I think I'm good to pull off there. Rdr's seemingly intentionally fake vote plus one post and gone behavior reminds me of ghug last game so ##VOTE rdr.
@TFB, can you comment about what you liked in my contributions that you didn't see in my last game? Because if I'm being honest, I don't see a big difference so far.

Example quote from last game for comparison:
celaph wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:47 am
Regarding Jamie, I think his actions far more scream someone who is frustrated than someone who doesn't want to play mafia. If he didn't want to play mafia, he could just not play mafia.
On the point about rdr, I agree that I was also offput by his opening post, hence my vote, but I don't see the need to connect it to ghug. You can say something is scummy without needing to compare it to a recent example of known scum. Also, ghug posted 11 times within an hour of his first post so I don't see the comparison.

celaph

#326 Post by celaph » Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:56 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:20 am
celaph wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:11 am
I'm not mafia finally! Let's go! Time to get killed N1. 8-)
Celaph are you scum?
Already answered this one. 8-)
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:20 am
HI rdr, is your vote on celaph due to him voting for you first or is this your legit explanation?
Is there any reason that you suspect rdr of OMGUS voting me? His reasoning didn't bother me.

celaph

#327 Post by celaph » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:04 am

Durga wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:50 pm
I feel kinda good about celaph so far tbh
Huh, two people feel kinda good about me.

TheFlyingBoat

#328 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:06 am

celaph wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:45 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
celaph wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:43 am
Regarding TFB's "townslip" I think it's very likely NAI. I can't imagine that scum TFB would think that he would get any town credit for something so trivial and easily faked so I think it's more likely he was playing for +1s regardless of alignment.
[...]

That being said, I think Celaph's posts seem reasonably good vs what I saw last game as his partner so I think I'm good to pull off there. Rdr's seemingly intentionally fake vote plus one post and gone behavior reminds me of ghug last game so ##VOTE rdr.
@TFB, can you comment about what you liked in my contributions that you didn't see in my last game? Because if I'm being honest, I don't see a big difference so far.

celaph wrote:
Regarding Jamie, I think his actions far more scream someone who is frustrated than someone who doesn't want to play mafia. If he didn't want to play mafia, he could just not play mafia.
On the point about rdr, I agree that I was also offput by his opening post, hence my vote, but I don't see the need to connect it to ghug. You can say something is scummy without needing to compare it to a recent example of known scum. Also, ghug posted 11 times within an hour of his first post so I don't see the comparison.
Oh it wasn't a contribution thing so much as a style thing. Funnily enough you probably "contributed" more times last game at a similar point in time than here because you were obviously trying to deliberately fake contributions. You seemed much more loose this game than last game. Last game you checked in pretty quickly and then disappeared for 10 hours after one post. Here you seemed more interested in getting into the game as following your first post you engaged directly for a series of posts before disappearing again.

Most importantly as mentioned at the top, I felt like last game you seemed to want to fake contributions by dancing at the periphery and answering questions/posting comments in a way that gave you maneuverability and didn't pin you down instead of engaging in the most heavily discussed aspects. In this game the reading the setup townslip NAI back and forth discussion, light as it was, was the most talked about thing in the game. Perhaps the lightness is why you felt so comfortable engaging with it in hindsight, but idk at the time I thought it was something. It's not a ton, and certainly isn't enough to get a town read obviously, but it was enough to make me think my vote could do better work on rdr, especially given rdr's posts.

snowy801

#329 Post by snowy801 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:07 am

celaph wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:04 am
Durga wrote:
Wait who was the other one

celaph

#330 Post by celaph » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:14 am

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:09 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:58 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 5:51 pm

We have to wait until at least N2 for salvation since item whatever has to toss the gun (idr the flavor) to someone.
Actually let's clarify this...

##CALL GM
It's not possible for the item tosser to toss an item to someone who then uses it during the same night, right?

Ex: Tossed "Ritual Dagger" to player A in N1, player A can then brutally stab someone right away during N1.
Clarification is not required.

You're only notified that you received an item at the end of the night phase. So you would not know you had an item to use, until the night had ended. So you can only use it from the next night.

This is standard mechanics.
Hypothetically, could I send the GMs a standing order to use an item if I happen to receive it that night?

celaph

#331 Post by celaph » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:15 am

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:06 am
celaph wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:45 am
TheFlyingBoat wrote:

[...]

celaph wrote:
Oh it wasn't a contribution thing so much as a style thing. Funnily enough you probably "contributed" more times last game at a similar point in time than here because you were obviously trying to deliberately fake contributions. You seemed much more loose this game than last game. Last game you checked in pretty quickly and then disappeared for 10 hours after one post. Here you seemed more interested in getting into the game as following your first post you engaged directly for a series of posts before disappearing again.

Most importantly as mentioned at the top, I felt like last game you seemed to want to fake contributions by dancing at the periphery and answering questions/posting comments in a way that gave you maneuverability and didn't pin you down instead of engaging in the most heavily discussed aspects. In this game the reading the setup townslip NAI back and forth discussion, light as it was, was the most talked about thing in the game. Perhaps the lightness is why you felt so comfortable engaging with it in hindsight, but idk at the time I thought it was something. It's not a ton, and certainly isn't enough to get a town read obviously, but it was enough to make me think my vote could do better work on rdr, especially given rdr's posts.
I vibe with this response from TFB.

celaph

#332 Post by celaph » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:15 am

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:07 am
celaph wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:04 am
Durga wrote:
Wait who was the other one
TFB

celaph

#333 Post by celaph » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:17 am

celaph wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:14 am
Hypothetically, could I send the GMs a standing order to use an item if I happen to receive it that night?
I've seen the follow up GM post. Feel free to disregard.

celaph

#334 Post by celaph » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:32 am

Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:34 pm
celaph wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:12 am
Bonatogether wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:06 am

you're a terrible person
why did i invite you here

##vote aaro
I shall defend aaro from these terrible attacks on his livelihood. ##vote bona
celaph has a sense of humor ##vote celaph
:razz:

celaph

#335 Post by celaph » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:34 am

snowy801 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:56 pm
Nonvoters are scum
Not sure if this was meant as a joke, but looking at the bot Snowy has made my job very easy. $$vote snowy.

celaph

#336 Post by celaph » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:38 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:30 pm
No. I tried to vote Aaro as a joke and just to avoid not voting like last game but my vote was invalid (not on purpose) and Celaph points this. Then I voted him as another joke.

And it really sucks having to explain jokes.
I missed that either of those were jokes. :cry:

celaph

#337 Post by celaph » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:52 am

Durga wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:59 pm
Kak has straight up not made one post worth reading why is that even a question.
While both you and snowy have complained about Kak's posting style, neither of you has gone out and asked him a question. I liked DL's earlier question about whether his more recent posts were new material or also written at the start.

@Kak, what are your reads at this point?

celaph

#338 Post by celaph » Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:57 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:15 pm
Durga wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:12 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:11 pm

Durga is starting to irritate me, which means she is probably town. Scum Durga is way soft.
?? What is irritating you?
Telling Kaks posts aren't worth reading. Calling Snowy for trying to lay low to avoid being N1 kill. The pressure on Bona is the only thing I like.
Do you like Durga's pressure on Bona because it makes her look towny or because you think that Bona needs to be pressured? If it's the former can you elaborate on why? If it's the latter, then I must disagree with the idea that Bona was being significantly pressured. Durga had given him enough space with uncertainty and hedges that Bona would likely be alright.

DeathLlama8

#339 Post by DeathLlama8 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:08 am

BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:13 pm
@llama boy

why did you ask snowy and bona to join your tfb wagon? Why them?
when i made the initial joke post, snowy and bona both told me to actually vote for someone, so i asked them to join me on the wagon first

DeathLlama8

#340 Post by DeathLlama8 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:13 am

back from a concert, just like my tinnitus

- not entirely sure what durga pressuring/calling out snowy for doing the exact same thing he's tried the last four games and talked about in every god thread (sandbagging d1 to avoid an early nightkill) is going to achieve. i like rdr's general reaction in that sequence

- that being said, i found the early case on durga incredibly weak. it's like twelve hours into the game and durga (and basically everyone tbh) is usually pretty vibes-heavy early on, I don't see why she's being singled out for any of this. It's especially weird because bona uses like "it's literally day 1" and the familiarity argument in other contexts but doesn't really afford durga the same.

- I don't think it's opportunistic from a wagon sense but I don't like tfb joining in with that either - it's a pretty weak justification and could be scum trying to fan the flames. @tfb - why did you actually think durga "shading" bona was sus? what was scummy about it to you?

- that being said this kind of weird tunnel/justification is something bona and tfb have done as town before so idk how strong the signal is for them

-
aarodactyl wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:30 pm
Am I the only person that read the setup?
just you and damo afaik

- this isn't a hot take but i'm pretty happy with sabi's contributions so far and feel like there's a genuine effort to improve their town game behind that latest post. maybe they can wean off the 10 post limit later on, but i think for now it's making what they post more focused and relevant to the game. i'm not obsessed with snowy though