M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
President Eden

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#801 Post by President Eden » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:00 am

NIGHT HAS ENDED, PLEASE HOLD!

Kakarroto

#802 Post by Kakarroto » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:00 am

As an answer for frequent questions: all my posts past page 1 were written after the game had started, only the first three posts were prewritten.

these are my current reads, sorted by register. I don't think I could really order them from t>m or m>t currently.

Bonatogether - don't have a bad feeling about bona, there is something different though. Like his upvoting all posts is gone. He seems friendly to me and liked my posts (yay) (well at least he said that and encouraged it), I am a bit cautious though if that isn't just an attempt to buddy/pocket me. Still, overall looks ok, the argument between him and durga looked like TvT. Shouldn't forget to revisit later though. Worst case chaqa gets subbed in and rescues us.

celaph - I ... don't have an impression of celaph's alignment this game. Durga said he's towny, I can't sign up for that, he didn't feel bad, yeah, but also not good. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now but I hope I get impressed by him ... either way. (Maybe if mafia connection to aaro?)

snowy801 - not worth speculating before D3

DeathLlama8 - looks good so far. Maybe could've summarized my posts better, there were a few things the llama missed, but not a bad take, probably didn't think they were important. Maybe I shouldn't share my thoughts on that one point and the llama tried to not give mafia that info, I think though I shouldn't stay silent about that. If it turns out that the yes-man is mafia, the llama might be evil too (or could've just not seen what I tried to say, but anyway, wouldn't hurt in that case to review the llama).

Maniac - still waiting for maniac to 'kick it' after he has put up his game face. Well whatever face he puts up, people say to me it's the most handsome. Could be mafia, could be town. Not the best investigation target for the next days I think, but shouldn't be left out as a possible threat.

Jamiet99uk - hmm, jamie feels natural that game. A slow start, I'm used reading from him way earlier, but that should be just the start time. I can't shake the lingering and kinda unbased thought out of my brain that he might've rolled mafia with maniac. I know, totally random and I have no base for that, it's just something that a little voice inside tries to tell me. So it's probably wrong about that.

BesharamSabi - I can't tell if sabi is mafia or town right now. Sabi's posts are nice, collected, orderly, I like to read them. The change in meta makes it hard to get the alignment though. I think Sabi is a perfect candidate for the scan, if the person who gets it is willing to listen to my advice. Sabi is most likely no target for the mafia night action and I don't think mafia would choose Sabi as godfather, so if you get the chance, I think that would be a great use of the only scan we have. I mean others might be good too to scan, but I think you can't go wrong scanning Sabi.

rdrivera2005 - felt a bit strained in the beginning, but getting normal vibes from him now, nothing strange here

Aarodactyl - the so aptly named Yes-Man in my flavour post, since he upvoted all of jamie's posts but two(*). My first intuition was mafia trying to communicate with each other but they have a daychat so that's not it. Did I miss something that makes aaro the greatest fan of jamie? Is it an insider? It began right when jamie posted, so it isn't afterwards that aaro upvoted them, more like an automatic response when jamie posts. It's bizarr and I'm unsure what to think of it.

TheFlyingBoat - at the beginning I had a feeling that boat had rolled mafia again. That feeling went away later. Maybe because he got outside my focus, maybe because of other things.

pyxxy - hasn't done much, didn't notice the reference (sad). Some of their posts I liked, feels like there is something behind, but I like to see more.

damo666 - feels like a leaf in the wind on day one, him changing his vote from durga to bona felt like him unnecessary fueling that conflict. Also his comment towards me, where he has thoughts/theory and would post them after my next post felt like PR hunting. Why waiting for the next post for your theory? Why didn't you reveal your information until now? Aren't you afraid of being targeted tonight? This read list posted at afternoon british time seems much too early as an honest try to give out reads, I mean I can understand posting them earlier than EoN when getting up early next day and stuff but this early? big smiley raising eyebrow

(*)the fourth post on page 32 and the third post on page 35

questions that needs to be answered:
-) why does bona not upvote all posts anymore?
-) why does aaro upvote all (but two) of jamie's posts but upvotes other posts extremely rarely?
-) how does jamie feel about aaro upvoting all his posts? I mean it should feel good, sure, but isn't jamie afraid of being buddied/pocketed?
-) what is the thing damo wanted to post after my next post and why hasn't he done so already?
-) how long did aaro count?

In case I'm the target from mafia focus damo. I don't think I'm the most likely target tonight and mafia might think they can get me at the day, but just in case they settle for me: it's probably damo. I mean maybe I'm wrong and it might also be a setup from mafia; it doesn't feel that way though.

also REMINDER FOR EVERYONE: DON'T REVEAL YOU GOT AN ITEM, THERE IS A ROLEBLOCK AVAILABLE FOR MAFIA!

President Eden

#803 Post by President Eden » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:02 am

TRANSMISSION TO THE HIERARCHS

The invasion of IL’THATUL proceeds without significant obstacle. Our plans have been heavily altered, and we are moving slower than originally planned, but these changes are almost entirely due to good fortune. Our forward scouts discovered more promethium deposits spread across the continent, and so we have withheld the bulk of the invasion forces in the interest of minimizing damage to the planet. We expected this decision to make the invasion much more difficult, but we’ve since discovered that the hominids are even more decentralized and divided than we realized. The dominant race of the hominids, called “Avarites,” were apparently brutal even by the barbaric standards of these backwater primitives, and their former subjects, instead of rallying to their former overlords against us, have enthusiastically welcomed our arrival. It helps that our ships are apparently similar in form to a mythological species of guardians worshipped as gods by most of the hominids. The former subjects see us as their gods’ divine punishment upon their enemies. This has allowed us to greatly reduce our own casualties without losing any zeal for victory. We will fight these Avarites with every last willing hominid.

The religious nature of our surprisingly easily established control of this planet has shifted the objectives of our Infiltrators working near the original promethium vein. They have sought out religious leaders of the hominids in the area for targeted assassination. Their Captain recently reported that they found a religious dignitary of some importance to the hominids meditating near the ruins of an old temple and eliminated him without a trace. I remain skeptical of the wisdom of sending these elite units out to such a backwater planet, but I must confess that I enjoy watching their work.

The G-H.U.G. unit recently discovered how to transfer its consciousness into one of the mechanical armor suits and now wishes to go skiing on one of the mountains nearby. It assures me that the armor suit is adequate to protect the unit from any meaningful damage that might affect the Fleet’s ability to return home, and in any case that it is an expert skier and will not be harmed. Who am I to argue with the only thing capable of getting us back?

Admiral Eden

RDRIVERA2005 the PROPHET OF LILIARI has DIED!

Day has begun. You have 48 hours to select a daykill. You may resume posting.

Kakarroto

#804 Post by Kakarroto » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:03 am

##vote damo

snowy801

#805 Post by snowy801 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:07 am

That's a big rip

snowy801

#806 Post by snowy801 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:08 am

Could you guys do me a solid

Read this post again and tell me what you see

viewtopic.php?p=298064#p298064

damo666

#807 Post by damo666 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:11 am

Rdr should have used his trademark!

damo666

#808 Post by damo666 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:15 am

Well I assume rdr played optimally so all is not lost.

Given his last post I do not think I am giving much away by declaring I remain a VT. However nobody else should claim. We don't want the heir killed.

##vote pyxxy

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#809 Post by pyxxy » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:16 am

snowy801 wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:08 am
Could you guys do me a solid

Read this post again and tell me what you see

viewtopic.php?p=298064#p298064
I see it a continuation of this post:
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:44 pm
Bonatogether wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:38 pm
@sabi @DL get off your vanity wagons
The wagons suck. I don't think any of these wagons are scum. Either damo or aaro wagon is scum motivated. Just overall bad vibes this EOD right now.

##VOTE Maniac because his push on aaro is scum motivated. Are you happy now Bona? Will people join me on Maniac? I doubt it but his push in aaro was weird.
It's D1 -00:16 so it's possible that Sabi didn't consider Durga as part of "any of these wagons" which would make the post-DK post a little weird. Stating "I knew you were town" seems a little strong but tbh the Durga/Bona discussion had been going on for so long that I think Sabi was just sick of it, and it shows in the post you linked.

damo666

#810 Post by damo666 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:19 am

@Kak my theory was that if you were scum they would tell you in day chat to desist with the long posts.

The big gap meant I couldn't use my theory (long post implying town, standard hunting scum).

It is clear you only had so much done so my theory no longer holds water.

You remain a null to me.

Why were you inactive for so long?

Bonatogether

#811 Post by Bonatogether » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:20 am

##vote damo

aarodactyl

#812 Post by aarodactyl » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:23 am

Kakarroto wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:00 am

Aarodactyl - the so aptly named Yes-Man in my flavour post, since he upvoted all of jamie's posts but two(*). My first intuition was mafia trying to communicate with each other but they have a daychat so that's not it. Did I miss something that makes aaro the greatest fan of jamie? Is it an insider? It began right when jamie posted, so it isn't afterwards that aaro upvoted them, more like an automatic response when jamie posts. It's bizarr and I'm unsure what to think of it.
I was wondering when someone would call me out on it. When I was reading a game recently, there were some very funny Jamie posts that I couldn't like because I was spectating. I think it was around all the DN stuff. When this game started, I figured I'd just +1 all of his stuff to help improve his +1 ratio because I think he's very funny sometimes. Later on, I realize it was a good way to track how much of the thread I've read (I just go back pages from most recently until I find Jamie posts I haven't read) which is helpful for when I'm responding to current stuff and haven't caught up.

I will say you can safely ignore it because I'm pretty sure using +1s to signal is against the rules and I would probably be mod-killed and then banned from playing mafia.

aarodactyl

#813 Post by aarodactyl » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:31 am

I need to get back to work (rip my weekend), but I just skimmed kak's post. I read it quickly, but it feels a bit empty? Like the only concrete things they point out seem to not really related to alignment. It's a lot "I'm not sure about this person". Can someone else read through it to see if I'm missing something?

snowy801

#814 Post by snowy801 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:34 am

Despite that being the first Kak post I read it read fine to me

Interesting that the post was made at all, considering the 0% chance Kak gets NK'd but nonetheless

snowy801

#815 Post by snowy801 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:42 am

damo666 wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:15 am
Well I assume rdr played optimally so all is not lost.

Given his last post I do not think I am giving much away by declaring I remain a VT. However nobody else should claim. We don't want the heir killed.

##vote pyxxy
Can you elaborate on this vote?

snowy801

#816 Post by snowy801 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:59 am

This thread's moving so slow I actually read Eden's flavor

Alright Friday evening it is I'll be back in an hour or so

snowy801

#817 Post by snowy801 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:13 am

Killing Durga was a mistake

DeathLlama8

#819 Post by DeathLlama8 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:59 am

aarodactyl wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 12:31 am
I need to get back to work (rip my weekend), but I just skimmed kak's post. I read it quickly, but it feels a bit empty? Like the only concrete things they point out seem to not really related to alignment. It's a lot "I'm not sure about this person". Can someone else read through it to see if I'm missing something?
yeah basically everything other than the damo scumread is hedged. i don't think it's intrinsically scummy though

DeathLlama8

#820 Post by DeathLlama8 » Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:59 am

kak, what did you make of the reactions to your d1 play?