M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Durga
Posts: 9481
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5101

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#521 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:48 pm

@celaph why are you voting rdr?

aarodactyl
Posts: 1366
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 1:23 am
Karma: 342

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#522 Post by aarodactyl » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:49 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:22 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:09 pm
aarodactyl wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:07 pm


That's not what I said. I'd be sadder to miskill most people more than Maniac. However, I'd definitely rather get scum over miskilling Maniac. So if I think someone is scummy enough and Maniac is towny enough, I'm not going to vote for him.

I think Sabi is being very solve-y right now and I'm guessing will continue to be. And then for TFB and Jamie, my impression is that they don't lose steam late game which is a huge problem for town.
So given you have a list of people you'd be sad to miskill in some sort of order and a clearly ordered scum reads list who do you want to kill today?
my order is probably damo > durga > snowy > everyone else in some order.

That's basically the scum list I gave in my reads except for snowy. I haven't played with them but I agree with Jamie that it's annoying for them to sandbag D1. So that makes them more killable in my book.

I also find it really weird that Damo went from saying my post made me town to then suggesting to start a wagon on me.
I just remembered I'm still TFB and that's a bit silly given they're not one of my top 3 picks. ##vote damo for now.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 6456
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 2407

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#523 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:51 pm

Well, finally catched up.

I don't scumread Celaph, in fact I townread him, so I need to change my vote.

Between Boat and Durga I would probably vote Boat, but I would rather ##vote Aaro for real this time.

I could also vote pyxxy, but I would rather give him another day, maybe I expected too much after last game.
1

celaph
Posts: 2063
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 1108

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#524 Post by celaph » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:53 pm

damo666 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:08 pm
Should we kill aaro?
Does killing aaro D1 encourage him to play more mafia because it will be over quickly or does it free him from his duties this game to never play again?

Honestly, I'm on the fence about him. He generated some decent conversation early around TFB and I found his humor natural. Though I've disliked his focus on mechs and his read on Maniac.

I do wonder if both Bona and I made the top of his reads list because we were in the same rookie class as him and thus got more focus from him... Not sure whether I ascribe that to an alignment, though I lean town on it.

Durga
Posts: 9481
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5101

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#525 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:53 pm

Yeah I'm willing to also give pyx another day but I'm leaning scum on that slot
1

TheFlyingBoat
Posts: 1763
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:24 pm
Karma: 2407

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#526 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:53 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:36 pm
If you think only a part of celaph's analysis was right why would you state celaph is right with no context provided. I don't get it. Who does that? You clearly either didn't think it through, want to buddy celaph, or didn't read it properly, or all of it, idk!
Because I thought pretty much all of it was right with a slight quibble on severity (he seems to be somewhere between null and slight scum on it, while I am slight scum to scum on it). I can't win with you though. I post long form stuff with all the caveats you seem to want and you say you can't be bothered to read anything I write.

I try to post short things for you to read after you advised me to post shorter and complained that even my single paragraph comments were too long when I talked to you at the end of last game. You also said that if people can't figure it out that it is their problem. Despite that you then come at me with the exact problem I cite happening when I don't preemptively couch my analysis with every caveat I have.

What do you want me to do lmao?
1

Durga
Posts: 9481
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5101

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#527 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:54 pm

Yeah celaph town I'm convinced.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:40 pm
Karma: 933

Re: M1021 - Blessings of :sick: - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#528 Post by pyxxy » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:56 pm

celaph wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:13 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:47 pm
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:41 pm
That says nothing about what you think, just what damo thinks.
Yeah I don't think anything about damo.
This is a copout. You knew nothing about me last game and yet had no problem speculating on my lack of night posts. You had obviously spotted a difference in behavior between Damo games. How does that make you feel?

Side note: even without the added thoughts, I do think that it reflects well on Pyxxy for bringing this up. Maybe he's just better at being mafia than me (not hard), but I think it shows a desire to resolve damo to go compare his posts to last game and highlight a difference.
buddying me again smh :sick:

I really truly do not have anything insightful to contribute here. I'm not trying to resolve damo on D1 :? I'm just putting in the minimal effort to generate discussion; like I said before, my takeaway was discussion generates interactions, interactions generate leads, leads generate reads.
pyxxy wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:30 am
damo666 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:59 am
Funny: Maniac Demon Eden

Unfunny: brain

Missing: Jamie

Too soon for a pecking order so I'll just :sick: :sick: vote karrotcake

Do chickens eat carrots?
damo's first post from the previous game (M73)

vs.

damo's first post in this game
damo666 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:07 am
I can understand not reading Kak's lengthy early posts (I haven't, I assume they are pre prepared and NAI) but I do not understand why people would not read the set up. You cannot play the game optimally if you are unfamiliar with the set up and claiming not to have done so is lazy at best and a scumplay hinting at VT at worst.

:sick: :sick: vote durga
Maybe I can say one thing about this game.

Unfunny: pyxxy

Durga
Posts: 9481
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5101

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#529 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:56 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:53 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:36 pm
If you think only a part of celaph's analysis was right why would you state celaph is right with no context provided. I don't get it. Who does that? You clearly either didn't think it through, want to buddy celaph, or didn't read it properly, or all of it, idk!
Because I thought pretty much all of it was right with a slight quibble on severity (he seems to be somewhere between null and slight scum on it, while I am slight scum to scum on it). I can't win with you though. I post long form stuff with all the caveats you seem to want and you say you can't be bothered to read anything I write.

I try to post short things for you to read after you advised me to post shorter and complained that even my single paragraph comments were too long when I talked to you at the end of last game. You also said that if people can't figure it out that it is their problem. Despite that you then come at me with the exact problem I cite happening when I don't preemptively couch my analysis with every caveat I have.

What do you want me to do lmao?
Not the emotional appeal. Please. Celaph is right when he says xyz is all you need. There's a middle ground between three words and three thousand.
1

TheFlyingBoat
Posts: 1763
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:24 pm
Karma: 2407

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#530 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:57 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:56 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:53 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:36 pm
If you think only a part of celaph's analysis was right why would you state celaph is right with no context provided. I don't get it. Who does that? You clearly either didn't think it through, want to buddy celaph, or didn't read it properly, or all of it, idk!
Because I thought pretty much all of it was right with a slight quibble on severity (he seems to be somewhere between null and slight scum on it, while I am slight scum to scum on it). I can't win with you though. I post long form stuff with all the caveats you seem to want and you say you can't be bothered to read anything I write.

I try to post short things for you to read after you advised me to post shorter and complained that even my single paragraph comments were too long when I talked to you at the end of last game. You also said that if people can't figure it out that it is their problem. Despite that you then come at me with the exact problem I cite happening when I don't preemptively couch my analysis with every caveat I have.

What do you want me to do lmao?
Not the emotional appeal. Please. Celaph is right when he says xyz is all you need. There's a middle ground between three words and three thousand.
Oh c'mon you have no right to complain about emotional appeals after you used emotional appeals to shut me up last night lmao
1

Durga
Posts: 9481
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5101

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#531 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:59 pm

TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:57 pm
Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:56 pm
TheFlyingBoat wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:53 pm


Because I thought pretty much all of it was right with a slight quibble on severity (he seems to be somewhere between null and slight scum on it, while I am slight scum to scum on it). I can't win with you though. I post long form stuff with all the caveats you seem to want and you say you can't be bothered to read anything I write.

I try to post short things for you to read after you advised me to post shorter and complained that even my single paragraph comments were too long when I talked to you at the end of last game. You also said that if people can't figure it out that it is their problem. Despite that you then come at me with the exact problem I cite happening when I don't preemptively couch my analysis with every caveat I have.

What do you want me to do lmao?
Not the emotional appeal. Please. Celaph is right when he says xyz is all you need. There's a middle ground between three words and three thousand.
Oh c'mon you have no right to complain about emotional appeals after you used emotional appeals to shut me up last night lmao
LOL fair but fuck stop tunneling

TheFlyingBoat
Posts: 1763
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:24 pm
Karma: 2407

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#532 Post by TheFlyingBoat » Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:59 pm

I am clearly getting worked up, so I am just going to take a break and go back to work until an hour to EOD before I ruin a very nice and otherwise happy day.

celaph
Posts: 2063
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 1108

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#533 Post by celaph » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:03 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:22 pm
I also find it really weird that Damo went from saying my post made me town to then suggesting to start a wagon on me.
There were almost two hours between Damo's posts. It doesn't seem unreasonable for his opinion to change in that time. I'm more bothered by the fact that your response gives me the vibes that you are annoyed to be made a wagon instead of thinking through whether Damo was scum because of the switch.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:40 pm
Karma: 933

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#534 Post by pyxxy » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:05 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:51 pm
Well, finally catched up.

I don't scumread Celaph, in fact I townread him, so I need to change my vote.

Between Boat and Durga I would probably vote Boat, but I would rather ##vote Aaro for real this time.

I could also vote pyxxy, but I would rather give him another day, maybe I expected too much after last game.
See celaph? No need to buddy me.
Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:53 pm
Yeah I'm willing to also give pyx another day but I'm leaning scum on that slot
Sick alright I won't do anything for the rest of D1, time to coast 8-) bona really does lead by example
1

snowy801
Posts: 4728
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 7052

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#535 Post by snowy801 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:05 pm

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:51 pm
Well, finally catched up.

I don't scumread Celaph, in fact I townread him, so I need to change my vote.

Between Boat and Durga I would probably vote Boat, but I would rather ##vote Aaro for real this time.

I could also vote pyxxy, but I would rather give him another day, maybe I expected too much after last game.
I dunno, I lean hard town on tfb

##vote Aaro

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 6456
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 2407

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#536 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:14 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:05 pm
rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:51 pm
Well, finally catched up.

I don't scumread Celaph, in fact I townread him, so I need to change my vote.

Between Boat and Durga I would probably vote Boat, but I would rather ##vote Aaro for real this time.

I could also vote pyxxy, but I would rather give him another day, maybe I expected too much after last game.
I dunno, I lean hard town on tfb

##vote Aaro
Really. Why? I confess I have trouble reading TFB and I lean town on Durga based on meta (which isn't great I know, but it's what I got).
Maybe I sheep you D2 if we are both alive.

Durga
Posts: 9481
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5101

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#537 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:15 pm

Snowy-rdr alliance is.... Something.

snowy801
Posts: 4728
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 7052

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#538 Post by snowy801 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:17 pm

I think tfb has a hilarious inability to communicate his intentions, and then get really mad when his intentions are thereby misconstrued.

Though in his defense at least 30% of that miscommunication is probably other people not reading his shit

It's all very towny

celaph
Posts: 2063
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA, USA
Karma: 1108

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#539 Post by celaph » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:17 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 8:48 pm
@celaph why are you voting rdr?
For 2 reasons:
1. I voted him.
2. I haven't change my vote since.

Re 1: I disliked his opening push and as a strong aaro advocate his blantant anti-aaro messages were intolerable.

Re 2: He's drifted back null ever since I learned he was joking. He's come off a little less awkward since then and I felt like he looked good in his interactions with you. I just haven't moved it yet because I've been lazy and am not sure where to vote next.

I'm wrestling with whether I want to kill aaro right now. Would hate to D1 flip town aaro. TFB, Maniac, Jamie, Damo, and Kak are all kills I'm also fine with.

snowy801
Posts: 4728
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 7052

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#540 Post by snowy801 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:17 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:15 pm
Snowy-rdr alliance is.... Something.
Embrace the future

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests