M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
Durga
Posts: 9481
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5101

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#381 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:40 pm

Celaph pointing out that people have felt good about him instead of ignoring it is a million times more townie than anything he ever did in his scum game. So either he's finally town or he's done a 180 on his scum ability.
1

BesharamSabi
Posts: 3443
Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:50 pm
Location: Chicago, IL
Karma: 5052

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#382 Post by BesharamSabi » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:03 pm

Durga wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:43 am
I like the content Sabi but I don't think you have to limit your posts.
Wow durga read my wall post, I feel honored. Suck it boatman and eden.

But for real I will probably wean off the post limit further down the game if I don't die. I like the limit at the moment because it's keeping me focused (and I want to prove my haters wrong).

×××
celaph wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:41 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:24 am
  • aaro x tfb scum slip v townslip
Quick one line summary of my read: town vs town
Expand: honestly feels like aaro assumed a lot from tfb (and from others). He expected people to have read the set up and surprise to no one but aaro a lot of people don't read the set up. Tfb on the other hand always has weird explanations that are long and illogical regardless of alignment. We have seen these type of responses from him both as town and as scum.
Why is this a good reason to have TFB down as town? This sounds like the definition of NAI.
Based off evidence he's null, based off vibes he's town-null for me. He isn't simping for me this game based off his interaction count for me so it's not matching his performance from last game BUT it matches his town games.

×××
snowy801 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:06 am
I wish I could write notes to people

My best suspect isn't even being considered sad
Well maybe you should tell everyone your best suspect instead of sandbagging.

×××
celaph wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:56 am
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:20 am
celaph wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:11 am
I'm not mafia finally! Let's go! Time to get killed N1. 8-)
Celaph are you scum?
Already answered this one. 8-)
BesharamSabi wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:20 am
HI rdr, is your vote on celaph due to him voting for you first or is this your legit explanation?
Is there any reason that you suspect rdr of OMGUS voting me? His reasoning didn't bother me.
First off, contraction theory.Second off, at the time of me reading his vote on you I was half awake and it seemed like he was voting you due to you voting for him and he out up a half assed excuse. Obviously now I know he was just joking.

×××

My list of people I'm fine with voting today(and maybe D2 if they don't improve their performance):

Snowy
Pyxxy
Bona
Kak
Maniac
Aaro (OK like bruh talk about the actual game and not policing people for not reading the set up or shit posting with bona. What are your reads on people? )

On that note, what are people's thoughts on aaro so far this game?

Kakarroto
Posts: 1523
Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:01 pm
Location: Vienna (hold)
Karma: 533

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#383 Post by Kakarroto » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:04 pm

The villager looked at him, said "What is that your concern. Go away!" then stood up and went to the board. "I've watched this long enough, I know now what is going on!" and changed his voting to the young man.

Another villager sat down next to him and asked him about how he saw the situation. "Well" he sighed "I have a good feeling about that young one, even when there is that thing he might be too friendly, but that should work itself out. That other villager who is so openly requesting my demise, very strange. But it might be just their personality. I mean, that handsome one and the one living next to him, both did not do anything relevant but that traveller was set down on me for just speaking and refusing to listen to a single thing." he shook his head. "Tragic."

"But yeah, other than that, this one here who changed sides so suddenly is strange too. Though in this one I don't feel any good intentions behind. The other was at least understandable on a certain level, but this one changed to the other big candidate, just like that. I haven't seen too much from the others, so I'm not sure about them, but that is around how I see it so far. Hope that helps." he said to him, then focused to the debate between the two again. Something seems to feel off in this situation, maybe someone fabricated a quarrel between the two? He was pulled out of his thoughts by another voice in the debate.

"Now now. There is a merit to the traveller, don't be too hasty. You just need to listen to him, he speaks a bit weird, yes, I don't deny that, but he also speaks of what he thinks is true, from what I see. Even if it might be a little in my opinion." He was pleasently surprised that not everyone in this village, except the young man, was closed minded.

Then the first neighbour came into the center. "How can you all be so blind. That traveller spyed the whole time on us and needs to be dealt with. Lets get him out of here and make the village safer!" He was sure, if Yes-Man was here, he would've applauded. "There are only three people we should go for today and he is one of that."

The villager next to the board nodded. "Yes. Yes. I could see five people being it, but that's true. It must be him. GET HIM OUT!" the villager said pointing a trembling finger at him.

He just stood there in disbelieve. They can't be that blind, or can they? He sighed again.

"Traveller, do you at any point plan on interacting normally?" What a strange question, he thought, then responded. "First of all, I am interacting normally? The question here is, are you willing to listen? Secondly, why does it concern you now? Are you searching for a reason to not be mad at me? Thirdly, would you even listen upon this point? I think you might be just misguided but with everything you say and dismiss over me it makes me less inclined to think that. Look at other and use the same logic and the same ruler of 'not saying something', you will see that there have been a big emptiness with many people."
4

Durga
Posts: 9481
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5101

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#384 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:10 pm

I wouldn't actually mind an aaro vote.

aarodactyl
Posts: 1366
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 1:23 am
Karma: 342

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#385 Post by aarodactyl » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:20 pm

BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:03 pm
Aaro (OK like bruh talk about the actual game and not policing people for not reading the set up or shit posting with bona. What are your reads on people? )
Fair enough. It’s absolutely wild that snowy thought there were three PR in the game.

I have some actual reads and opinions on people, but I’m on mobile and just woke up. Once I get some food and get to my computer, I’ll type up notes. I agree I didn’t produce that much value yesterday but tbh work has been exhausting. I’ll get my reads out this morning before work kills me again.

Durga
Posts: 9481
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5101

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#386 Post by Durga » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:20 pm

Okay I read kak's last post and I actually laughed.
2

snowy801
Posts: 4728
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 7052

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#387 Post by snowy801 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:34 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:20 pm
BesharamSabi wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:03 pm
Aaro (OK like bruh talk about the actual game and not policing people for not reading the set up or shit posting with bona. What are your reads on people? )
Fair enough. It’s absolutely wild that snowy thought there were three PR in the game.

I have some actual reads and opinions on people, but I’m on mobile and just woke up. Once I get some food and get to my computer, I’ll type up notes. I agree I didn’t produce that much value yesterday but tbh work has been exhausting. I’ll get my reads out this morning before work kills me again.
I was very disappointed in ghug

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 22922
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 14855
Contact:

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#388 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:22 pm

Kakarroto wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:04 pm
Look at other and use the same logic and the same ruler of 'not saying something', you will see that there have been a big emptiness with many people."[/i]
"Other people are bad too" is a weak defence.
1

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:40 pm
Karma: 937

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#389 Post by pyxxy » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:30 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:42 am
@pyxxy and from damo's posts you infer what?
|
|
|
v
damo666 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:17 pm
People I am prepared to vote for today:

Kak
Bona
Durga
Snowy
Pyxxy
I'm flattered that someone is considering me :smirk: What did I do right this time around, Damo? Compared to last game, I mean.

snowy801
Posts: 4728
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 7052

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#390 Post by snowy801 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:41 pm

That says nothing about what you think, just what damo thinks.

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:40 pm
Karma: 937

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#391 Post by pyxxy » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:47 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:41 pm
That says nothing about what you think, just what damo thinks.
Yeah I don't think anything about damo.

snowy801
Posts: 4728
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 7052

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#392 Post by snowy801 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:50 pm

pyxxy wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:30 am
If I actually want to contribute something, it would be this:
damo666 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:59 am
Funny: Maniac Demon Eden

Unfunny: brain

Missing: Jamie

Too soon for a pecking order so I'll just ##vote karrotcake

Do chickens eat carrots?
damo's first post from the previous game (M73)

vs.

damo's first post in this game
damo666 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:07 am
I can understand not reading Kak's lengthy early posts (I haven't, I assume they are pre prepared and NAI) but I do not understand why people would not read the set up. You cannot play the game optimally if you are unfamiliar with the set up and claiming not to have done so is lazy at best and a scumplay hinting at VT at worst.

##vote durga
Then what did you intend when you posted this?

snowy801
Posts: 4728
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 7052

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#393 Post by snowy801 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:52 pm

rip quote

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:40 pm
Karma: 937

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#394 Post by pyxxy » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:55 pm

snowy801 wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:50 pm
pyxxy wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:30 am
If I actually want to contribute something, it would be this:
damo666 wrote:
Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:59 am
Funny: Maniac Demon Eden

Unfunny: brain

Missing: Jamie

Too soon for a pecking order so I'll just ##vote karrotcake

Do chickens eat carrots?
damo's first post from the previous game (M73)

vs.

damo's first post in this game
damo666 wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:07 am
I can understand not reading Kak's lengthy early posts (I haven't, I assume they are pre prepared and NAI) but I do not understand why people would not read the set up. You cannot play the game optimally if you are unfamiliar with the set up and claiming not to have done so is lazy at best and a scumplay hinting at VT at worst.

##vote durga
Then what did you intend when you posted this?
I'm trying to sheep you, bud. I'm just throwing things at the wall post and seeing if someone can read the splatter patterns.

(blood splatter analysis is fake btw in case anyone liked Dexter too much)

snowy801
Posts: 4728
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 7052

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#395 Post by snowy801 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:57 pm

well then I can only tell you what I tell everyone else and hope it sticks

meta reads bad mkay

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 22922
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 14855
Contact:

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#396 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:58 pm

@Pxxxy:

Why are you doing that?

What do you think is meaningful or useful about your current approach?
2

aarodactyl
Posts: 1366
Joined: Wed May 20, 2020 1:23 am
Karma: 342

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#397 Post by aarodactyl » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:00 pm

Ok, here are some actual reads. The only game I've read recently was the recent one that Tom ran that had kak winning after subbing in for donny. That's what I'm going to be basing a lot of my reads on because it's the only time recently where I've seen most of these people play.

BesharamSabi - I like what they're doing with their posts. I think the limit is helping them focus on only productive comments. That being said, I think any changes in posting style makes people hard to read. I put them as a null, but would be unwilling to vote them because they've been really helpful at moving the game forward.

Bonatogether - A chipotle fanboy once said "everyone sucks at reading bona and they keep saying he's scummy" or something like that. I can't be bothered to go find the actual quote. So far this game the only thing that Bona has done is being obsessed with Durga. I don't think that makes him scummy though. Also his reactions to being called awkward seem like town!bona (generally pretty frustrated and defensive). I would put him as a slight town lean.

celaph - I never really am able to get a good read on celaph. He doesn't tend to post a lot, especially in early game iirc. That being said, when I watched him scum game recently, I remember being struck by how awkward he was when trying to fake being scum (sorry celaph!). I haven't picked up any of that in this game so far, so I'm putting him at a slight town lean. I do acknowledge that when I read his game, I had full information, so this is a very weak slight town read.

damo666 - Is damo playing? I copied and pasted this list from peterbot and was legitimately surprised when I saw his name there. I know he's not a frequent poster, but I'm going to put him as a scum read for lurking this aggressively. I just skimmed his iso and even though he's posted 10 times, the posts are all super short.

DeathLlama8 - They didn't make an impression, so I just went back to look at their iso (I guess this is becoming a pattern with this post). They haven't really said anything all game. They did say they were at a concert, so I'm guessing they just haven't had time? idk, slight scum lean.

Durga - I think Durga's reaction to there being a day chat was super weird. To clarify, I know they never read the set up. Their reaction was to bona saying there was one (post in question), not simply them not knowing the setup. I didn't realize this distinction until a bit later, and I didn't point it out at the time because there was already a pretty big tunnel on Durga, and it didn't fill productive to pile on someone D1 (especially when the game was feeling pretty tense). Also, I don't like that this is one of my reasons because I don't have a lot of data points, but they seemed pretty frustrated yesterday and that reminded me a lot of the scum!durga game I watched recently. I'll put them at a scum read. That said, this is D1 and that can change.

Jamiet99uk - Can someone comment on if Jamiet and Maniac still have beef from the other game? I'm pretty surprised that Maniac wasn't on his list of potential votes today. Also I just read his iso and I don't think he's made any reads or even really had any opinions so far. Scum lean but also idk if I'd be up to voting him because town!jamiet is really useful to late game town and tbh all of my reads so far are very weak.

Kakarroto - They're clearly putting a lot of time and effort into the game, and I'm not willing to vote for them today as a result. From what I've skimmed from their posts, they've putting good commentary in there. However, I have a hard enough time reading the quantity of posts in this game as is, and I have an even harder time reading through his posts. @kak I'd appreciate it if you'd write some normal posts too; my reading comprehension isn't good enough to handle your current posts. Also the comment I made about Sabi applies here; kak is posting wildly different and that makes me put them as a null here.

Maniac - Probably town, but also I'd be willing to vote him.

pyxxy - The only thing pyxxy has done is throw shade at damo. I guess it's D1 but that seems low effort and for some reason, I thought they'd do more. null for now.

rdrivera2005 - I have an inability to remember much about rdr between games. All I really remember is them not posting a lot. It looks like they've put a tiny bit of energy into asking questions but not really. I think they're a null for me because this seems to fit with what I vaguely recall.

snowy801 - Everyone else is saying this too, but my only impression of snowy is that they're trying to stay alive at the expense of playing of playing well. It's D1 and I don't know them, so I'll let that slide and put them as a null. If they don't change that up by EOD2, I'll probably move them to scum lean.

TheFlyingBoat - I don't think their "town-slip" was that scummy. I just attached to that because I thought it was pretty funny to lead a D1 wagon on TFB over almost nothing when he did that flum a couple of games ago. On the other hand, I think they were a bit too aggressive at trying to talk me out of my read. I think that fits who they are in general, but I left that interaction feeling it was a bit scummy. I'd put them as a slight scum read as a result.

Approximate ranking based on above comments:

Bona
celaph
maniac
---
Sabi
kak
rdr
snowy
pyxxy
---
tfb
llama
jamiet
durga
damo

Ok. I need to get work done now, so I'm going to try to close mafia until lunch. I'll make sure I'm around near EOD, but will try to limit my posting otherwise. I have boatload of work to do before EOW and if I don't finish it, I'll end up working this weekend and I don't want that.

snowy801
Posts: 4728
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:47 am
Karma: 7052

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#398 Post by snowy801 » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:07 pm

unprompted reads list = scum

+ aaro & durga obviously arranged to bus each other

aight wake me up when m74

Jamiet99uk
Posts: 22922
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:42 pm
Location: Durham, UK
Karma: 14855
Contact:

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#399 Post by Jamiet99uk » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:12 pm

aarodactyl wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:00 pm
Jamiet99uk - Can someone comment on if Jamiet and Maniac still have beef from the other game? I'm pretty surprised that Maniac wasn't on his list of potential votes today. Also I just read his iso and I don't think he's made any reads or even really had any opinions so far. Scum lean but also idk if I'd be up to voting him because town!jamiet is really useful to late game town and tbh all of my reads so far are very weak.
This is not usually true, I have a pretty poor record as late-game town, unfortunately. Some scum teams have deliberately kept me alive in the hope I'll guess wrong at the end.
1

pyxxy
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 970
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:40 pm
Karma: 937

Re: M1021 - Blessings of Lilia - GAME THREAD [hidden]

#400 Post by pyxxy » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:13 pm

Jamiet99uk wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:58 pm
@Pxxxy:

Why are you doing that?

What do you think is meaningful or useful about your current approach?
My biggest takeaway from my first forum mafia game was, okay well----------

One of my biggest takeaways from my first game was that town profits from more discussion at pretty much every stage of the game, regardless of whether or not the discussion really has any foundation, merit, legs to stand on, etc.

We spent basically D3 onwards just going back and re-reading everything that happened D1, N2, and D2, and using those conversations to solve the puzzle.

And by "we" I mean not me, I don't think I really did anything until maybe N5 and my real contribution was not letting brainbomb tunnel me into daykilling me.

So it seems valuable to force as many interactions between people as possible right now on D1. I'm just trying to do my part by "shading" damo. Still don't really know what shading means since brainbomb never answered my question last game:
pyxxy wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:42 pm
brainbomb wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:27 pm
I would say what you are doing is shading me in your own way.

Are you familiar with the concept?
Okay I'm back here in reading the thread.

No I'm not familiar. I tried looking it up on mafiascum previously and got no results
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?se ... arch&go=Go
But I'm not here to make reads D1. Maybe a few leans, but no reads. Just pokes and prods. Reads = :sick: Definitely hate anyone who posts reads, right my shepherd I mean, snowy?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests