Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
bozotheclown

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1861 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:05 am

Pouncy (as reedeer) claims GUAK D1 by way of losing the fated gun.

Day 4 claims:
1. xorxes claims KRELLIN, checked D3 (claim made N3).
2. Foxcastle revealed as WJESSOP beginning of D4 (previously claimed DD, checked D1).
3. bozo claims FLUMINATOR, checked D1.
4. rdrivera claims PETERLUND, checked D4.
5. dargorygel claims CAPTAINMEME, checked D4.
6. Ezio claims PETERLUND, checked D4.
7. thamrick claims TEACON7, checked D4.

Things we now know:
1. xorxes was BO_SOX48 D4, so bo_sox must have been BO_SOX48 when he was kidnapped.
2. Foxcastle was Y2KJBK EON4.
3. Ezio was GOLDFINGER0303 D5.
4. bo_sox was DD D4.

On D4, the nametags BO_SOX48, Y2KJBK, and GOLDFINGER0303 were not acoounted for, so they belonged to the three scum with fake nametag claims, two of which we know were xorxes and Ezio. Pouncy and dargorygel, with the only claims to known nametags with hidden powers, are therefore town clears. bo_sox, as known DD D4, is also a town clear.

This leaves three possibilities for the third fake nametag claim:
bozo claims FLUMINATOR, checked D1.
rdrivera claims PETERLUND, checked D4.
thamrick claims TEACON7, checked D4.

I am town, so the possibilities from my perspective are:
1. rdrivera and Ezio agreed to both claim PETERLUND to try to clear the one that did not get lynched, and rdrivera made his PETERLUND claim with two town still left to claim their nametag, although one had to be CAPTAINMEME.
2. Ezio claimed rdrivera's nametag to try to get rdrivera mislynched, while thamrick claimed a fake nametag after everyone else had claimed.

bozotheclown

#1862 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:08 am

thamrick has moved to the top of my scum list. Here is my list:

thamrick
rdrivera

thamrick

#1863 Post by thamrick » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:11 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:08 am

thamrick
rdrivera
Time for me to come clean. Bozo caught me.

I only hope I'm not banned for not playing to my win condition by spending 95% of my time this game voting for scum.

bozotheclown

#1864 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:19 am

thamrick wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:11 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:08 am

thamrick
rdrivera
Time for me to come clean. Bozo caught me.

I only hope I'm not banned for not playing to my win condition by spending 95% of my time this game voting for scum.
That's a very high percentage for town, it is much easier when you know who the scum are.

thamrick

#1865 Post by thamrick » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:20 am

Why is Pouncy a townclear just for being GUAK?

Darg gets more credit because it would for sure mean that he peeked, risking BO_SOX.

Also, why are you clearing Bo?

Big change of direction for you Bozo.

thamrick

#1866 Post by thamrick » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:23 am

You're actually playing your best right now Bozo. Why couldn't you have pressured Ezio or xorxes like this?

bozotheclown

#1867 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:29 am

thamrick wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:23 am
You're actually playing your best right now Bozo. Why couldn't you have pressured Ezio or xorxes like this?
I said Ezio was my top scum read D5, but he could have waited until D6. xorxes had me fooled, I have never played a complete game with him. I should have listened to Durga and ghug. Looking back I can see that xorxes was trying to pocket me, but at the time I did not think he would bother as scum since I was already town reading him.

bozotheclown

#1868 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:35 am

thamrick wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:20 am

Darg gets more credit because it would for sure mean that he peeked, risking BO_SOX.

The reveal of Ezio as GOLDFINGER0303 provided some missing information. Lynching a town bo_sox would have provided the same information, specifically the confirmation that GOLDFINGER0303 was a real nametag. That proved that all three scum made fake nametag claims, clearing dargorygel, Pouncy, and bo_sox.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1869 Post by dargorygel » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:52 am

The fact that you point that out, bozo, gives you some town cred with me. I THINK scum would have continued your established push on Bo.

So... rdr or thamrick...

Bo... what do you think of Bozo's 180 degree concerning you. Does his analysis make sense? And do you think that this moves him a bit towards clear?

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1870 Post by dargorygel » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:53 am

And am I correct that tonights NK will be information packed?

bozotheclown

#1871 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:19 am

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:53 am
And am I correct that tonights NK will be information packed?
Since Ezio was still GOLDFINGER0303, the remaining scum picked up the WJESSOP nametag from Foxcastle performing the NK N4, so the NK victim tonight will be revealed as WJESSOP, providing no new information.

thamrick

#1872 Post by thamrick » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:45 am

Posting this entire exchange for context. It's from p.57 during the discussion about Foxy/ghug and the possibility that Foxy was scum:
Ezio wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:39 am
If Foxcastle is town he's as good as dead already. Mafia can simply avoid touching him forever. If he's town, his only use is to let oracle potentially reveal a scum by transferring the daniel nametag.

If he's scum, knowing that scum can control the NK, they can get the vote off of him the night before Lylo and we won't realize his vote counts until EoD when he will be outed as scum, but the game will be over already.

This should lower the threshold needed to lynch Foxcastle, but I still think it's enough more likely Ghug is scum than him that I'd rather lynch Ghug.
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:42 am
@Ezio: How can the mafia get the DD tag off of a scum Foxcastle?
Ezio wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:57 am
@Bozo whichever scum does the nightkill switches nametags with the person they nighkilled, and since they choose who nk's, as soon as they want to get the nametag off foxcastle they can.
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:00 am
@Ezio: That puts the DD tag on another scum though, so I do not see how that would help them.
Ezio wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:33 am
@Bozo what?
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:45 pm
@Ezio: I think I see what you are saying now, if Foxcastle is scum, the mafia could have him perform the NK at the right point in the game, and even though we will know he performed the NK because the player getting NKed will be revealed as DD, it will be too late because Foxcastle will have gained a vote. That is another good argument to lynch Foxcastle now, or at least soon.

Someone else read that and tell me what you think.

thamrick

#1873 Post by thamrick » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:52 am

@Bo - which of the 3 scum were the most likely to perform the N3 NK?

xorxes - kidnapper
Ezio - hooker
? - godfather

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1874 Post by rdrivera2005 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:22 am

bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:35 am
thamrick wrote:

The reveal of Ezio as GOLDFINGER0303 provided some missing information. Lynching a town bo_sox would have provided the same information, specifically the confirmation that GOLDFINGER0303 was a real nametag. That proved that all three scum made fake nametag claims, clearing dargorygel, Pouncy, and bo_sox.
Yes, but if we have lynched bo, this three clears will be dead before last day (bo lynched, one NK N5, Ezio will be lynched D6, and the other NK N6. So for scum it make a lot of sense to kill bo and that's why Ezio (and probably you) were pushing it that hard.

bozotheclown

#1875 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:47 am

rdrivera2005 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:22 am
bozotheclown wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:35 am
thamrick wrote:

Yes, but if we have lynched bo, this three clears will be dead before last day (bo lynched, one NK N5, Ezio will be lynched D6, and the other NK N6. So for scum it make a lot of sense to kill bo and that's why Ezio (and probably you) were pushing it that hard.
I also thought there as a good chance bo_sox would flip scum.

bo_sox48
Site Admin
Site Admin

#1876 Post by bo_sox48 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:53 am

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:52 am
Bo... what do you think of Bozo's 180 degree concerning you. Does his analysis make sense? And do you think that this moves him a bit towards clear?
It's good analysis. It isn't easy analysis, either. I had been thinking that if the Goldfinger tag turned up, I would be cleared, and I knew the roleblocker had to have it. It was a coin toss as to whether Ezio was the roleblocker or not. You and Pouncy being cleared is an extra step that he didn't have to take and I think that that is the more impressive logical position for bozo here than clearing me.

@bozo ... when did you begin thinking about clearing people via nametags? That concept isn't just something you happened to notice, refine, and then publish in a single moment.
thamrick wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:52 am
@Bo - which of the 3 scum were the most likely to perform the N3 NK?

xorxes - kidnapper
Ezio - hooker
? - godfather
Tough to say, but I would lean toward xorxes being the one worth risking with a bad nametag in that scenario. We know for a fact that he is the one that ended up with the DD tag since he gave it to me, which Durga pulled off of Fox, right? The simplest answer is probably the right one here: xorxes killed Durga and got the nametag through her.

I think the answer to this game is in Ezio's D4 and D5 - what he did and what he didn't do. In fact, I'm fairly confident that I've found it. I'm going to give the rest of the unclears a chance to find it before I make any mention of it. Meanwhile, I will just say that this game has been a lot of fun and despite the lackluster last few days for the scumteam, yall played well and did a fantastic job balancing an awfully large number of variables that could have easily worked against you.

bozotheclown

#1877 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:04 am

I think Ezio claimed rdrivera's nametag because the mafia thought they had a good chance of lynching rdrivera D4 to win the game. They could not have anticipated Foxcastle losing the DD tag, so they thought the votes D4 would be 4 for town and 3 for scum, so they would only need one town vote to lynch rdrivera. I think xorxes and Ezio were supposed to push the lynch, while thamrick was supposed to jump on rdrivera at EOD only if it looked like they could get rdrivera lynched. If they failed to lynch rdrivera, thamrick would still be a deep threat. My voting for rdrivera while not being available to be online at EOD gave them an opportunity, so thamrick made an attempt at EOD to lynch rdrivera or tie the vote with an obviously flawed plan that Foxcastle called him out on. Everyone should reread D4 EOD and see what thamrick claimed to be doing.

bozotheclown

#1878 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:16 am

@bo_sox: If you look at D4 you will see I was advocating that everyone should declare their nametags. I knew that if we were able to get everyone on record with a nametag, the real scum nametags would start showing up through NKs and scum lynches, and we would be able to narrow down the possible scum by who claimed unverified nametags. Even if some of the scum had checked their nametags, they would not be able to perform NKs without potentially revealing themselves if they gave their real nametags, so it was likely all scum would give fake nametags.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1879 Post by dargorygel » Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:39 am

@bozo
Ok... good thinking. Why D4? Why not earlier? What was it that made you announce then your desire for all to receal nametags? Why not D3? Or even D2?

bozotheclown

#1880 Post by bozotheclown » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:17 am

dargorygel wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:39 am
@bozo
Ok... good thinking. Why D4? Why not earlier? What was it that made you announce then your desire for all to receal nametags? Why not D3? Or even D2?
As of D4 we could not afford any mislynches, so we needed to get any information we could. Before that, it seemed the chance of a town revealing the BO_SOX tag and eliminating the risk of checking for the scum made it not worth checking our nametags, but looking back I think we should have checked earlier.