Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1301 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:40 pm

My top scumreads are Xorxes and Bozo and I think the third could be Ezio or Fox. If it's Ezio they would have voted together D1and D3.

thamrick

#1302 Post by thamrick » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:19 pm

@Bo - why is darg in your townreads? Is it something from what nesdunk did or from what darg has done?

Pouncy Silverkitten

#1303 Post by Pouncy Silverkitten » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:40 pm

so I am pretty much caught up. The nametags are sort of confusing but I think ive got most of it down.

I think just looking at the vote counts that xorxes is a good bet to lynch. I know I am town, so the last day count is interesting in that there weren't people changing their votes which Ive seen before in the games Ive spectated. if the other person who was subbed out is also town it means that the mafia team had way more control of the lynch.

if xorxes is scum they could have protected him easily knowing that two town weren't going to vote.

I don't know players but xorxes has done a lot of defending on not much of any game solving. and ghug says he was obv scum, and he is now confirmed town so we should follow him

Ezio

#1304 Post by Ezio » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:46 pm

What makes you think mafia knew they were going to be afk at EoD?

xorxes

#1305 Post by xorxes » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:56 pm

EON reads, from towniest to scummiest:

Durga: She was the only one present for EOD yesterday, and seemed really torned when she had to vote ghug over me to avoid a tie. I doubt she was faking that.

bozo: good performance all around, makes solid arguments and is actually trying to solve this. I think he was correct that we should have lynched Fox rather than ghug, but I had a much stronger scumread on ghug.

Thamrick: Probably town, misguided town. His argumengts for voting for me (joke vote on Ezio and my asking brainbomb not to tunnel me) were weak, I think he just had made up his mind that he wanted to vote for me and then went looking for anything to justify it. But his conviction that I'm scum feels real.

Ezio: Not contributing much. The main argument against him (change of mindabout Jamiet) is actually something that I find more townie than scummy since scum tend to be careful to avoid voting against their previous reads.

rdrivera: He makes some contributions but nothing very memorable. Could be scum but I lean town.

Fox: Now that ghug flipped town it looks more likely that he is the roleblocker. A point in his favour is that he claimed DD before ghug confirmed that he wasn't, so he must have peeked and that's a risk for scum even if he knew he had much better odds than anyone else of not being BO_SOX.

nesdunk/dargo: By POE he is near the bottom of the list. I was ready to lynch nesdunk yesterday, but maybe he will change my mind.

reedeer/Poncy: Same as above, not much info but POE suggests at least one of them is likely scum. If both are scum. their lack of participation may explain why there has been so little EOD movement in the wagons.

bo_sox: He continues being my top suspect for the reasons I already gave. Also, asking people to contribute when he has been one of the least contributors...

General analysis: D3 was TvT and D1 probably was as well. Scum just sat back and enjoyed the show since they disn't care which way the voting went, and that's why they didn't even bother to be present at EOD (only Durga was around yesterday besides ghug and I). D2 was just a bureaucratic procedure.

Disclosure: Yesterday when it looked like I could be lynched I peeked at my nametag in case I was BO_SOX and thus could prove I'm town, but I wasn't, I'm KRELLIN. I think we should all peek today since we're at lylo and we need all the info we can get to make the right choice.

bozotheclown

#1306 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:00 pm

Not lynching Foxcastle yesterday was a mistake, if he is scum he will be able to take away a town vote, so we now need three consecutive scum lynches to win. I would not be surprised to see Foxcastle perform a NK or RB tonight, revealing himself to take a town vote. Foxcastle trying to hide his DD tag and the arguments he made against his own lynch make me strongly believe he is scum.

I do not understand Durga’s refusal to lynch Foxcastle yesterday, it is makes me suspect she is scum also and came up with the RB theory to look like town.

I suspect rdrivera as scum as well, his arguments seem flawed this game.

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1307 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:00 pm

**NIGHT HAS ENDED PLEASE HOLD**

DemonRHK
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator

#1308 Post by DemonRHK » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:06 pm

As day arose over the Holiday Inn, the remaining alumni slowly made their way down to their delicious, complementary breakfast buffet, they notice that one had beat them there. upon investigation, they find the early riser had been suffocated to death with a bagel!

Durga has DIED! She was PRESIDENT EDEN, TOWN ORCALE!

---ALSO---

An announcement comes over the PA system:

"There is a message from Durga.

Could Foxcastle, who is WJESSOP, TOWN REGULAR CLASSMATE, please report to the front desk to recieve it?"

---ALSO---

bo_sox48 is MISSING!

Day 4 has begun. There are 48 hours remaining.

xorxes

#1309 Post by xorxes » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:10 pm

That means she went with the plan and took DD from Fox, right? And then the scum that killed her got DD from her!

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1310 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:12 pm

Well, this deadline schedule two hours earlier (at least to me) is exactly on my way home and I missed EON for some minutes. So I will post my reads now anyway:

Scum:
Xorxes - There is no way town Xorxes will play like this. He deflected, talked about mechanics, overly defended himself and was saved D3 and probably D1 if Ezio isn´t scum too. His jump on Ghug in the DD discussion was exactly what I expect from scum who want a myslynch. And the “I am not a leader” justification for his poor town play was the last drop.

Bozo - Still think Bozo is scum. He voted for Jamiet D1 and Ghug D3 but never really pushed both lynches, looks like just opportunistic votes. His theory about Jamiet wagon being all town is almost “too scummy to be scum” to me, I don´t think Bozo is so bad at this game to truly believe no scum will be in Jamiet wagon. He was fast to jump into Durga´s DD being roleblocker theory and try to lynch Fox. Then he jumped into Ghug even not scumreading him before (to be honest he didn't townread him before too).

Ezio/Fox - I think Ezio might be the last scum. His votes lack decent justification and he seems willing to jump any wagon but Xorxes. The only thing that keep me in doubt is if scum will be bold enough to all vote for Jamiet on D1 and Ghug on D3. If it's not Ezio it´s Fox (his D1 was scummy to me but he seems more towny after the DD peek).

Town:
Durga - Obvious town. I don't think she can fake his reactions this way.
Bo - I found bo D1 scummy, but his reactions to Jamiet lynch, to Brain claim, to Yav claim and his D3 put him high on my town list.
Tham - If Tham is scum we already lost, as he look towny in almost every comment.

Null
Reeder/Pouncy - I have no clue about both.
Nesdunk/Dargo - I have a townread on nesdunk D1 and then he just vanished. Dargo didn't give me a impression yet.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator

#1311 Post by rdrivera2005 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:14 pm

I guess the plan worked, still don´t understand why scum didn´t roleblock her. It would make sense if DD is the roleblocker, but he isn´t. What I am missing?

xorxes

#1312 Post by xorxes » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:16 pm

They probably didn't think she was the Oracle, otherwise they wouldn't have killed her.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1313 Post by dargorygel » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:19 pm

So we have a clear Foxy.

And we should now peek.

I admit I don't understand the missing bo... what role am I forgetting?

bozotheclown

#1314 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:21 pm

the kidnapper

xorxes

#1315 Post by xorxes » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:21 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:19 pm
So we have a clear Foxy.

And we should now peek.

I admit I don't understand the missing bo... what role am I forgetting?
There's a Kidnapper

bozotheclown

#1316 Post by bozotheclown » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:24 pm

Sorry for doubting you Durga, I did consider you did not want to lynch Foxcastle because you were the oracle. Nice play giving the DD tag to scum.

xorxes

#1317 Post by xorxes » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:25 pm

I guess bo is sort of clear now as well, although I suppose they could kidnap one of their own.

dargorygel
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

#1318 Post by dargorygel » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:27 pm

Ah... right. Thanks.
This casts shadow on the glorious xorxes, imo.
His rep would make him a VERY tempting kidnapee.
As actually, would bo. (Even though he is the worst.)
If xorxes had been kidnapped, it would make me suspect bo.
But as bo is missing, xorxes is more clear.

I think xorxes is not playing at his usual high level. This game has NOT provided a lot of clear logical choices. And so he has had trouble 'faking' cases and logical deductions.

##vote xorxes

xorxes

#1319 Post by xorxes » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:31 pm

We are still at LYLO right? It's 6-3 even though they would have 2 votes.
But if we mislynch and the roleblocker has DD they can give it back to town and its 4-3 tomorrow but 3-3 in votes

xorxes

#1320 Post by xorxes » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:32 pm

dargorygel wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:27 pm
Ah... right. Thanks.
This casts shadow on the glorious xorxes, imo.
His rep would make him a VERY tempting kidnapee.
As actually, would bo. (Even though he is the worst.)
If xorxes had been kidnapped, it would make me suspect bo.
But as bo is missing, xorxes is more clear.

I think xorxes is not playing at his usual high level. This game has NOT provided a lot of clear logical choices. And so he has had trouble 'faking' cases and logical deductions.

##vote xorxes
Why would they kidnap me when almost everyone is scumreading me?