Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

If you have a game you want to play on the forum, you can do so here.
Forum rules
This is an area for forum games. Please note that to support mafia games players cannot edit their own posts in this forum. Off Topic threads will be relocated or deleted. Issues taking place in forum games should be dealt with by respective game GMs and escalated to the moderators only if absolutely necessary.
Message
Author
xorxes
Posts: 7835
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:45 am
Karma: 1395

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1081 Post by xorxes » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:01 pm

@Fox, if you peeked at the start of the game we can't discount your vote completely. If Yavu scanned you last night, then it was passed to the scum that killed him. If the Oracle targeted you last night, then they have it.

Durga
Posts: 9479
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5096

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1082 Post by Durga » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:05 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:00 pm
bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:45 pm
Durga's theory work even better when the role blocker knows he is DD.
And works just fine if scum is not DD and is playing careful by not risking the BO_SOX tag and not risking that they'll be exposed by handing DD off.

Again, DD itself is NAI.
That's dumb, someone has to do the NK anyway - you'd make the same person do the NK

Foxcastle
Posts: 4995
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm
Location: Night Vale
Karma: 1327

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1083 Post by Foxcastle » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:07 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:01 pm
@Fox, if you peeked at the start of the game we can't discount your vote completely. If Yavu scanned you last night, then it was passed to the scum that killed him. If the Oracle targeted you last night, then they have it.
All possible, and we won't know until EOD.

The question is, is it useful for ghug and I to vote separately as any kind of test?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 13518
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 8401

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1084 Post by ghug » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:08 pm

bozotheclown wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:45 pm
Durga's theory work even better when the role blocker knows he is DD.
Yes it does. Peeking at start of game is a very vanilla town thing to do though, so I think it's a wash even before we consider whether he actually peeked at that point.
thamrick wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:49 pm
ughhh were not was. I'm ashamed of myself.
Is that really worthy of shame? There's an implied "either" there that arguably makes "was" better.


Bozo does have a point that lynching Fox right now doesn't actually lose us a lynch. The only downsides if he's town I guess are that we lose the opportunity to shift it with the oracle and we lose a townie that mafia don't want to target, though something tells me that the mafia aren't going to have much interest in targeting Fox anyway.

Bozo does not have a point about my possibly not having peeked. It'd be pretty fucking stupid of me to fake a nametag, and it would almost certainly come out eventually if I had. Plus I legitimately would have peeked already if I were scum.


It should also be pointed out that it's safe for scum to rb and kill the same person if Daniel is the roleblocker.


I think you should vote no-lynch, actually Fox. Easy way to confirm if you're Daniel.


Hi xorxes, what do you think about things that aren't mechanics?

thamrick
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 68

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1085 Post by thamrick » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:17 pm

@ghug - thanks for attempting to restore my honor, grammatically.

You're saying that Foxcastle peeking at the start of the game is a very VT thing to do, yet you're also saying if you were scum, you would have peeked already. Does that not seem contradictory to you?

xorxes
Posts: 7835
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:45 am
Karma: 1395

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1086 Post by xorxes » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:18 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:08 pm

Hi xorxes, what do you think about things that aren't mechanics?
I think you're the roleblocker, but that's an interesting question because it ties in with something I was going to raise.

You claim that when you're VT you never bother with setup an mechanics, yet in this game most of your talking and thinking has been about mechanics. What happened?

You have also accused me several times of concentrating on mechanics, but I'm pretty sure I haven't been doing that, at least not as much as you. I also remember that one of the first things you asked me this game was about mechanics (something about the probability of the BO_SOX nametag ending up on a scum). I didn't really gave it much thought as it wasn't very relevant, but now I'm thinking you were trying to goad me into a mechanics argument so you would have a reason to scumread me.

xorxes
Posts: 7835
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:45 am
Karma: 1395

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1087 Post by xorxes » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:21 pm

Foxcastle wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:07 pm
xorxes wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:01 pm
@Fox, if you peeked at the start of the game we can't discount your vote completely. If Yavu scanned you last night, then it was passed to the scum that killed him. If the Oracle targeted you last night, then they have it.
All possible, and we won't know until EOD.

The question is, is it useful for ghug and I to vote separately as any kind of test?
No, vote for your scumread. (And stop scumreading me.)

thamrick
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 68

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1088 Post by thamrick » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:22 pm

@xorxes - just on your gut right now, who are your top 3 scumreads and top 3 townreads?

xorxes
Posts: 7835
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:45 am
Karma: 1395

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1089 Post by xorxes » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:27 pm

thamrick wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:17 pm
@ghug - thanks for attempting to restore my honor, grammatically.

You're saying that Foxcastle peeking at the start of the game is a very VT thing to do, yet you're also saying if you were scum, you would have peeked already. Does that not seem contradictory to you?
Very good question, and not the first time ghug contradicts himself this game, which is out of character for him because he is usually pretty logical in his arguments.

Durga
Posts: 9479
Joined: Fri Sep 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Location: Canada
Karma: 5096

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1090 Post by Durga » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:29 pm

I like that, keep bussing each other.

thamrick
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 68

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1091 Post by thamrick » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:29 pm

thamrick wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:22 pm
@xorxes - just on your gut right now, who are your top 3 scumreads and top 3 townreads?
Waiting...

xorxes
Posts: 7835
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:45 am
Karma: 1395

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1092 Post by xorxes » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:30 pm

thamrick wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:22 pm
@xorxes - just on your gut right now, who are your top 3 scumreads and top 3 townreads?
Scum: ghug and two of reedeer, Bo_sox and nesdunk
Town: Durga, Thamrick, bozo, Ezio
doubtful: rdrivera, Foxcastle

thamrick
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 68

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1093 Post by thamrick » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:31 pm

xorxes wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:30 pm
thamrick wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:22 pm
@xorxes - just on your gut right now, who are your top 3 scumreads and top 3 townreads?
Scum: ghug and two of reedeer, Bo_sox and nesdunk
Town: Durga, Thamrick, bozo, Ezio
doubtful: rdrivera, Foxcastle
Why do you think 2 lurkers are scum?

What makes you doubtful about rdrivera?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 13518
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 8401

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1094 Post by ghug » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:33 pm

thamrick wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:17 pm
@ghug - thanks for attempting to restore my honor, grammatically.

You're saying that Foxcastle peeking at the start of the game is a very VT thing to do, yet you're also saying if you were scum, you would have peeked already. Does that not seem contradictory to you?
Peeking when you've got a decent chance at being damndamniel is different than peeking for shits and giggles with no info on anything.
xorxes wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:18 pm
You claim that when you're VT you never bother with setup an mechanics, yet in this game most of your talking and thinking has been about mechanics. What happened?

You have also accused me several times of concentrating on mechanics, but I'm pretty sure I haven't been doing that, at least not as much as you. I also remember that one of the first things you asked me this game was about mechanics (something about the probability of the BO_SOX nametag ending up on a scum). I didn't really gave it much thought as it wasn't very relevant, but now I'm thinking you were trying to goad me into a mechanics argument so you would have a reason to scumread me.
There are a couple of things here. I normally avoid worrying about the setup until it's relevant to the game. That happened to be immediately here with regards to nametags. I've only known what all our PRs are since someone (I think you) told us that the only one left is the oracle. I still don't know what the scum roles are beyond that there's a roleblocker and I think some sort of kidnapping thing? That's why I asked you to figure out if the bo tag was likely to head to scum too. I'm lazy when I can afford to be.

Second, I talk about mechanics plenty. There's a lot to talk about here. I like to logic things out and strategize, and I tend to respond to what others are talking about. The key is that I'm also looking at other things, which you're not. You're avoiding giving reads on many players, and you really don't seem motivated to figure this game out, which happens to be your scum meta precisely.

Can you explain why you read people as you do?

xorxes
Posts: 7835
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:45 am
Karma: 1395

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1095 Post by xorxes » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:42 pm

thamrick wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:31 pm
xorxes wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:30 pm
thamrick wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:22 pm
@xorxes - just on your gut right now, who are your top 3 scumreads and top 3 townreads?
Scum: ghug and two of reedeer, Bo_sox and nesdunk
Town: Durga, Thamrick, bozo, Ezio
doubtful: rdrivera, Foxcastle
Why do you think 2 lurkers are scum?
Bo_sox's vote for me day 1 was scummy as hell, and his after the fact explanation even worse.

reedeer started scumreading me after I voted for him and his only reason is parroting the nonsense that I haven't been scumhunting.

nesdunk because he completely disappeared, which could be a strategy they told him at night to lay low.
What makes you doubtful about rdrivera?
I'm waiting for him to substantiate his scum reads of me. So far it seems he's just following popular opinion.

thamrick
Posts: 1956
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:48 am
Location: Indiana
Karma: 68

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1096 Post by thamrick » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:47 pm

@xorxes - any reasons you scumread people besides how they're viewing you?

ghug
Bronze Donator
Bronze Donator
Posts: 13518
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:51 pm
Location: Seattle
Karma: 8401

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1097 Post by ghug » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:55 pm

Xorx, you apparently thought I was scum before Durga brought up the roleblocker.

Why? Had you considered her roleblocker angle before she brought it up? If so, why didn't you share it?

xorxes
Posts: 7835
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:45 am
Karma: 1395

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1098 Post by xorxes » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:02 pm

ghug wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:55 pm
Xorx, you apparently thought I was scum before Durga brought up the roleblocker.

Why? Had you considered her roleblocker angle before she brought it up? If so, why didn't you share it?
No, I had not considered the roleblocker argument, but it made a lot of sense after she brought it up.

But I had noticed you were talking mostly about peeking and nametags for most of the first two days.

xorxes
Posts: 7835
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:45 am
Karma: 1395

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1099 Post by xorxes » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:04 pm

thamrick wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:47 pm
@xorxes - any reasons you scumread people besides how they're viewing you?
When you're a wagon, the reasons people give for joining it are usually easy to detect as real or bs.

rdrivera2005
Gold Donator
Gold Donator
Posts: 6200
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:17 pm
Location: Porto Alegre, Brasil
Karma: 2193

Re: Mafia XXXV - The WebDip Class Reunion

#1100 Post by rdrivera2005 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:42 pm

Xorxes - How do you want me to substantiate my vote on you? I can't have a scan on you, Cop is dead. You are just throwing shade in anyone that vote you.
I pointed that your behaviour in the Ghug/Fox peek discussion wasn't of a town trying to get an answer but scum that want to forge a target. Your overall play have been overly defensive. This is more reasoning that I have to vote on anyone else.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Macca573 and 7 guests